Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

After indulging in a luxurious girls' day with Dottie and Christina, Abishola worries she's losing touch with her humble Nigerian roots. Also, Goodwin feels threatened when Kofo gets a pitch meeting with Bob.

Airdate: 10/18/2021

I can’t watch Christina anymore. They’ve never known what to do with her and iirc for a few episodes last season they tried to make her competent at her job, but now she’s back to being super needy and useless. Make her a drug addict who only makes appearances when she’s between rehabs.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Abishola was very unlikable.

Especially to Gloria.

3 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

Douglas kidnapping Goodwin because of his secret plot with Kofo cracked me up. 

I really like the actor who plays Douglas. His line delivery is awesome.

3 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

I can’t watch Christina anymore. They’ve never known what to do with her and iirc for a few episodes last season they tried to make her competent at her job, but now she’s back to being super needy and useless. Make her a drug addict who only makes appearances when she’s between rehabs.

I can’t stand her. She is cringe-worthy.

• Love 2

I don't like that the show is giving such a big presence to Kofo and Goodwin this season. They were never interesting characters, too much focus on them degrades the quality of the show.

The joke with reclaiming the word "bitch" was the best part of the episode.

If they are doing a storyline where living in the lap of luxury will corrupt Abishola's principles, well that could be interesting to see.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, greekmom said:

Was it me or did anyone else find the episode just meh??

Yes, and if this is the direction the show is going in now that Bob and Abishola are married, that won't be a good thing.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, and if this is the direction the show is going in now that Bob and Abishola are married, that won't be a good thing.

Doesn’t getting a romantic couple married on a tv show usually kill it?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

Time shifting

LOL. But seriously, does this air somewhere before the standard US 8:30 ET?  Normally this isn’t the kind of show where I’d be especially worried about spoilers, but I wouldn’t have expected to see a post about it before it aired here. Is this one of those Canadian things?

• Love 2

Sometimes when people have the weight of the entire world off their shoulders, as I suspect Abishola has been carrying for years, they screw up a time or two with new found freedom. I suspect that is where Abishola is now.  And that is okay by me. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

LOL. But seriously, does this air somewhere before the standard US 8:30 ET?  Normally this isn’t the kind of show where I’d be especially worried about spoilers, but I wouldn’t have expected to see a post about it before it aired here. Is this one of those Canadian things?

It aired here in Canada an hour earlier for some reason. Usually, CTV (or is it Global?) will just take over the American feed at 8:30 ET, but this time, it aired it at 7:30 on the CDN channel and then it aired again on the American one at the normal time slot. Same with The Neighborhood. 

• Useful 3

Goodwin was being a huge jerk to Kofo, who didn’t deserve that. So I loved it when Kofo outsmarted him with the Douglas kidnapping plot!

Those nails… yikes! Since when would a nurse get her nails done that long? Doing something that impractical is way out of character for Abishola. I know they’re playing all this for laughs, but it’ll be really annoying if Bob’s family manages to derail her med school plans.

Edited by CarpeFelis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I would normally be happy with Abishola hanging out more with Christina, it seems like Christina needs more people in her life, but it seems really out of character for Abishola to suddenly start day drinking the second she starts adjusting to married life. I can see her wanting to finally take some time for herself and letting a bit loose, but I thought she would have one day when things got out of hand and then dial back. 

Douglas's ridiculously sinister line delivery when he revealed that he was working with Kofo was hilarious. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I would normally be happy with Abishola hanging out more with Christina, it seems like Christina needs more people in her life, but it seems really out of character for Abishola to suddenly start day drinking the second she starts adjusting to married life. I can see her wanting to finally take some time for herself and letting a bit loose, but I thought she would have one day when things got out of hand and then dial back. 

Douglas's ridiculously sinister line delivery when he revealed that he was working with Kofo was hilarious. 

Don’t forget the luxury shopping spree! The same woman who wouldn’t let her son accept a used video game console that was in a junk box in Bob’s garage now owns something from every designer store in the greater Detroit area. Not to mention she’s buying paper towels for two households!

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 6

Well, I was glad to see Dele again and have him tease his mother. Kemi did say last year that Abishola used to dance and party years ago, before she became a serious-minded single mother. I can understand her relapsing once, but I did not like her continuing to go to brunch even after she should have learned her lesson.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:13 PM, CarpeFelis said:

Goodwin was being a huge jerk to Kofo, who didn’t deserve that. So I loved it when Kofo outsmarted him with the Douglas kidnapping plot!

Totally agree. It was very funny. Hey, if Kofo wants to be more independent from his cousin, he could move in with Olu and Tunde, in Abishola's former room. Maybe have a romance plot with what's her name who cooks spicy.

Edited by Cress
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Cress said:

Well, I was glad to see Dele again and have him tease his mother. Kemi did say last year that Abishola used to dance and party years ago, before she became a serious-minded single mother. I can understand her relapsing once, but I did not like her continuing to go to brunch even after she should have learned her lesson.

Yes. I was glad that all of my claims that Dele was not being written out were correct --at least so far.

I cannot recall Kemi saying that Abishola used to dance and party (last year is a very long time ago for me, heh), but it seems they would have used that clip as a "previously" if it was relevant? IDK. Hopefully this plot arc will get resolved in the next episode.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:56 AM, LittleIggy said:

Doesn’t getting a romantic couple married on a tv show usually kill it?

True, but in the case of "Frasier" at least the show waited several seasons (almost too long) before they got married and it became a good way to wrap up the series as it only lasted two seasons after that.  But it had a very long run so it was all good.  I still think this show should have waited a little longer before marrying them.

• Love 2

I agree the marriage was rushed. We, the viewers didn't get a chance to see this relationship growing even in a more mature way. One would think with the experiences that Abishola and Bob had in their previous marriages, they both would want to really know each other first.  I don't think this couple knows each other very well at all for marriage at this point. Yes, Bob does all of the "hoop-jumping" for Abishola. Not a good balance IMO.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, shapeshifter said:

I cannot recall Kemi saying that Abishola used to dance and party (last year is a very long time ago for me, heh)

It was in"The Devil's Taste Buds", when Dele had already gone to Nigeria, and Abishola had a girls' night with Gloria and Kemi. They were going to go out to clubs, but ended up staying at Bob's house drinking, dancing, and hot-tubbing. I don't remember exactly when Kemi said it, but she did say Abishola used to party before. When she was drunk, Abishola facetimed with Dele, and his Dad Tayo overheard some of the conversation. He spoke disapprovingly of how Abishola was having too much fun and therefore Dele should stay with him in Nigeria. This "brunch" story seems to be a rehash of the previous girls' night. I hope they don't keep repeating it.

• Useful 2
On 10/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

They did the same thing for Mike and Molly .. all the sudden Molly went from a normal teacher to the over the top person... I really hope they dont go that route but this episode was so weird esp for Abishola

Part of that was that Melissa McCarthy was an over-the-top physical comedian in her movies, and  TPTB thought she was being wasted as the "straight man" in the sitcom.

• Useful 3

For me, Mike and Molly was ruined when they turned Molly into that over the top character. Not funny or interesting to me. I preferred the couple to be as they were...two ordinary people who doubted that they would ever find love. More relatable. I have better hopes for this show...but I'm skeptical. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

For me, Mike and Molly was ruined when they turned Molly into that over the top character. Not funny or interesting to me. I preferred the couple to be as they were...two ordinary people who doubted that they would ever find love. More relatable. I have better hopes for this show...but I'm skeptical. 

Yes. I liked the show better when it was about two fat people falling in love. I think I stopped watching by the time Molly quit her job.

• Love 2

I don’t think Abishola is over the top, nor is the actress. I feel like sometimes she’s an easy shot for folks since the show began when she’s not being a perfect nurse, wife, mom, niece, ex-wife, fiancé, med student, wife, whatnot. I guess she’s just not a loveable loser like some others on the show.     Hmmmm.

”She’s too serious, why would he fall for her, what’s wrong with her” to “She’s so unserious, why would he stay with her, what’s wrong with her”

Character? Actress? Producer? Writers? Audience?

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1