Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E04: Social Media Dilemma

Emma Snyder
Message added by Emma Snyder,

This is a spoiler free topic. If it did not happen on THIS episode, please do not discuss.

• Start Topic

Denise DiCharry teaches high level choreography to see who learns quickly. Kelli gets to know the rookie candidates better during uniform fittings. And will an inappropriate post on social media lead to one of the ladies being cut?

Airs Friday, Oct 8 at 9:00PM EDT

This is a spoiler free topic. If it did not happen on THIS episode, please do not discuss.

Megan Thee Stallion and Rihanna night. Wow... And  Kelli is concerned about a song with questionable moves and cursing?

Speaking of music, the Golden Girls come on afterwards.. " Thank you for being a friend.... "

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

Who were the two DCC in the picture of the then 7 yr old jr. DCC ? Wondering what year - ie before season 1 of this show ?

I think it was before the show. Weren't they wearing the belt less shorts with the V in front?

I like Denise DiCharry's choreography, not that I understand it. 

How awful for Cailey to be in so much pain when she dances, or even just in daily life.    Maybe Cailey doesn't smile when dancing because she's in pain.  

I love the uniform fittings.  However, though the colors stay the same on the uniform, it's dramatically different in style, so the iconic uniform has changed a lot over the years.   

I notice Kelli doesn't have her boot anymore, so her foot must be close to being healed.    

Tori is so adorable.   I love the picture of her as a Junior DCC when she was 7. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, njcate said:

Take notes future legacies !

Madeline S. Showing how it’s done !!!💕💕

Oh my!  Kelli was nice to Madeline S and showing her mom as a legacy and taking a moment for that.  So much nicer than I remember her treating Madeline S last time she was in TCC!

• Love 24
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

A0EE5048-7840-4174-A686-8313747EE918.jpeg

I wish they let the current girls wear different hairstyles like they used to. They used to have braids or half back styles that allowed some of the girls to not look so swallowed by their hair. I'm thinking of Kelee who has such a beautiful face. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Who were the two DCC in the picture of the then 7 yr old jr. DCC ? Wondering what year - ie before season 1 of this show ?

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

A0EE5048-7840-4174-A686-8313747EE918.jpeg

I think that's Monica Cravinas and Lynlee Allen. They were both rookies in 2002-3 and both were still cheering in the 2 Hour Special (2005-6.)  Monica retired after that year and Lynlee retired after MTT Season 1.

Eta:  I'm watching the show again and underneath the pictures it says: "Camp DCC 2005" 

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Ava is not DCC material. She’s too young, and a giggling disaster. 

Sorry to see Cailey go, shows the damage drunk drivers do, even when their victims walk away.

I hate to be that negative person an a blog.... but I don't like Ava.  I'm sure she's a lovely person in real life,  but the edit they are giving her is not flattering at all.  She comes off as entitled, arrogant,  and immature.   Not a fan. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, SMP637 said:

I hate to be that negative person an a blog.... but I don't like Ava.  I'm sure she's a lovely person in real life,  but the edit they are giving her is not flattering at all.  She comes off as entitled, arrogant,  and immature.   Not a fan. 

I agree.  I was looking forward to seeing her dance (from what I saw this summer on social media.)   As someone else previously commented, she reminds me of Taylor Lowery.  IMO, she's a cross between Taylor and Victoria.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Megan Thee Stallion and Rihanna night. Wow... And  Kelli is concerned about a song with questionable moves and cursing?

Speaking of music, the Golden Girls come on afterwards.. " Thank you for being a friend.... "

I wish I knew what actual song they danced to.  Maybe Im showing my age but I found the booty ijggling and twerking to be a little vulgar.  but that's me!  lol

i love these girls are so young they don't get Kelli's references!  David Lee Ross!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, sATL said:

And flipping the camera off is something else Ava did in that video 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Cailey: Even though it was sad, and she probably suspected to get cut, I thought she was very mature with her goodbye. She extended her hand and Judy hugged her.

She broke down outside of the office visit. Nice that there was a shoulder to cry on.

If she could dance well enough to get into camp, hopefully she can heal (I guess surgery isn't an option after 3 years) and comeback another season.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 21

So some of this is likely the editing, but we haven’t seen one strong segment from Ashley. I am amazed they have kept her this long. I would have cut her and kept some others.

And I love Tori, but her dancing clips aren’t selling it to me. I am sure a producer set up the storyline of her bringing the Jr DCC photo well beforehand. It was sweet, but contrived.

And once again we see so little of some TCCs. Jensen and Presley, nothing. Are they even in training camp? And barely a glimpse of Megan, Rebecca, Amber, and Melanie. 

One change I did like this season. Kelli has backed down from the body shaming during uniform fitting. No more “thuts” or over emphasis on how your body type looks in the uniform making or breaking you. It was better.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 12

I think Ava feels she’s a strong enough dancer that the rest of it doesn’t matter. She’s immature. I didn’t like her from the beginning when she asked if best solo was good. 

I like that they are out in the field and not in the rehearsal studio with mirrors. Dancers can’t get into that habit of following everyone else in the mirror. I like seeing the dances in the field too. 

Does anyone  else have the sense they are taking a different type of approach to these girls mental health this year? They seem to not be wanting to break anyone’s spirit which is an improvement! I appreciate them cutting girls who aren’t improving, though once Kelley found out about the back injury in uniform fittings, I knew Cailey was gone. She doesn’t need a girl with a chronic back problem on the team.  It’s better for Cailey too, she doesn’t need to spend a season in pain and struggling.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

I agree.  I was looking forward to seeing her dance (from what I saw this summer on social media.)   As someone else previously commented, she reminds me of Taylor Lowery.  IMO, she's a cross between Taylor and Victoria.

Ava does remind me a bit of Victoria’s first time in training camp. There’s an element of maturity and humble pie missing. To be fair the girl is what, 19? Can’t say I was ready to be in the public eye at that age haha.

Interesting that Denise just loved both Ava and Lea. Lea is really growing on me. Maybe it’s the short hair but her technique and style reminds me of vet Kelcey who is also awesome.

I still can’t tell Megan and Jordann apart yet on a consistent basis lol. 

People seem not to be sold on Madeline S and I don’t get it! She’s a lovely dancer and reeks of class to me.

But did Kelli seriously not remember Madeline had made it to uniform fittings last time in training camp? That ‘so you didn’t make it to this point before’ comment rubbed me the wrong way. Can’t some one in Production just inform Kelli?

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 12

YAAASSSS! Now THAT is what I call an episode.

The focus on dance and the editing was excellent.

I didn't even want the uniform fitting, I was like 'let's get back to the choreo.'

So good. And I loved getting to see the dance routine with the whole team on the field- routines like that get lost in the dance studio.

More of this please.

• Love 24
8 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Right there with you, and been there since episode 1 for all the reasons you said. I also do not care for many of her facial expressions when she dances. Last episode (or the one before), she had some real stank face going on--it was almost startling the brief moment she was shown smiling on camera in this episode. She looked like a DCC there, but I don't think she has the maturity to be a good ambassador or team mate at such a young age. 

1 hour ago, WoofDCC said:

YAAASSSS! Now THAT is what I call an episode.

The focus on dance and the editing was excellent.

I didn't even want the uniform fitting, I was like 'let's get back to the choreo.'

So good. And I loved getting to see the dance routine with the whole team on the field- routines like that get lost in the dance studio.

More of this please.

Yes, I loved all the dancing, too--and also that we got to see Evan do his full choreo last week! It feels like we are getting more sustained glimpses of the dancing this season. But what I have really missed in the past two episodes is seeing K & J sit down with the guest choreographers after rehearsal to get their opinions, top 36, and picks for point. We got some commentary during rehearsal from Denise, but we didn't see after-talks with Denise (on any of her 3 nights), Evan, or Melissa. I mean, why would we want to hear what these pros think of the vets or rookies? Who did Evan think nailed his choreo, and does he still advocate for Gina for point three years later? Who did Melissa think were the best and weakest vet kickers? Which rookies did she think were strong? Inquiring minds want to know. 

I love Tyra's dancing and her attitude! Nice to see more of Megan's dancing this episode and hear the comments on her. She had caught my eye with Evan's choreo last week--usually on the edge of the screen. She can groove and I'm a fan. I'm pulling for Kelley--loved how joyful she was during her freestyle, and I am enjoying seeing all the coaches and vets and rookies pulling for her to show what she's really got, because she is an absolutely beautiful dancer and also because she seems so genuine. She can be fierce!

I just cannot with KayDianna's full-lid pink eye shadow. I would love to see some makeup tutorials for certain rookies as part of the makeovers episode. I feel like we saw one, once, as an extra clip online, but I'd seriously love to see how she's told to fix that ugly eyeshadow. She is one of several ladies I think would look so much prettier with less or differently applied makeup. She is a lively and mostly clean dancer, so I see why she stands out among the rookies, but I want to see her extra facials to get toned down as much as her eyeshadow. Just smile, like Judy says. The competitive cheer and pageant style performance facials always are a turn off for me. 

Poor Cailey! I'm glad she was introduced to us before she was cut. She seems just lovely, inside and out, and was so poised and graceful through all of training camp in spite of her back pain. I also was glad to know of her important work during the pandemic--it feels like this is the first time in 2 seasons that the show really has directly addressed the impact of the pandemic, aside from all the ways that they were making the "bubble" last year to protect themselves from Covid. Many of us do not see the kind of loss Cailey talked about--daily deaths of patients and losing a dozen family members--and it felt like a real moment on the show that didn't pretend like everything is back to normal. I, too, hope she heals, and I would love to see her be a strong comeback girl like Tori or Madeline S.

What is Kelli wearing in the first rehearsal of this episode? She looks like she decided to wear her pandemic lounge wear to work. I mean, on the one hand, I respect it--many of us are embracing more comfortable work wear after working from home for so long, and Kelli is entitled to be comfortable, too. But, on the other, the ruffles and bell bottoms were not flattering. Definitely one of her wardrobe misses this season for me. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

And I love Tori, but her dancing clips aren’t selling it to me. I am sure a producer set up the storyline of her bringing the Jr DCC photo well beforehand. It was sweet, but contrived.

Tori’s uniform fitting and her Jr DCC picture felt fake and produced to me. Tori made it to uniform fittings the year before, so if it was genuine, she would have had this feeling of “dreams coming true” the year prior (even if Kelli wore a mask and rubber gloves that year).
It felt like a bride crying when seeing herself in a wedding dress for the first time… but on her second wedding 🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, M1977G said:

I, too, hope she heals, and I would love to see her be a strong comeback girl like Tori or Madeline S.

I liked how they showed a picture of her taken at (normal) auditions. It wasn't her first time trying out

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Loved all the dancing, loved the choreography and feedback, but was surprised at the twerking. Perhaps an audience test?

Ava draws the camera, and I bet they keep her for that reason. She is indeed another immature Victoria. Be careful what you wish for.

Wow - Leah - could not take my eyes off of her when she danced the guest choreagraphy.

Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of big breasts this season? I remember when the candidates began to get them, and I wonder if COVID precautions were a deterrent this year (docs not doing them).

Agree that Tori's photo scene was scripted, including Kelli's question about her previous try-out.

Drunk drivers are the worst. I had to stop dancing, thanks to someone who ran me over after leaving happy hour. Still have pain and limited range of motion today.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Loved all the dancing, loved the choreography and feedback, but was surprised at the twerking. Perhaps an audience test?

Ava draws the camera, and I bet they keep her for that reason. She is indeed another immature Victoria. Be careful what you wish for.

Wow - Leah - could not take my eyes off of her when she danced the guest choreagraphy.

Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of big breasts this season? I remember when the candidates began to get them, and I wonder if COVID precautions were a deterrent this year (docs not doing them).

Agree that Tori's photo scene was scripted, including Kelli's question about her previous try-out.

Drunk drivers are the worst. I had to stop dancing, thanks to someone who ran me over after leaving happy hour. Still have pain and limited range of motion today.

I’m sorry to hear you went through that and continue to :( Sending well wishes.

I too was so excited about the amount of actual DANCE content in this episode! But as another poster mentioned I miss the round table sessions with the guest choreographers for their feedback on rookies and vets.

Edit: by some miracle the episode is already up on Prime video!

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Yes, I loved all the dancing, too--and also that we got to see Evan do his full choreo last week! It feels like we are getting more sustained glimpses of the dancing this season. But what I have really missed in the past two episodes is seeing K & J sit down with the guest choreographers after rehearsal to get their opinions, top 36, and picks for point. We got some commentary during rehearsal from Denise, but we didn't see after-talks with Denise (on any of her 3 nights), Evan, or Melissa. I mean, why would we want to hear what these pros think of the vets or rookies? Who did Evan think nailed his choreo, and does he still advocate for Gina for point three years later? Who did Melissa think were the best and weakest vet kickers? Which rookies did she think were strong? Inquiring minds want to know. 

20 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

I too was so excited about the amount of actual DANCE content in this episode! But as another poster mentioned I miss the round table sessions with the guest choreographers for their feedback on rookies and vets.

YAS. This was noticably missing. I would like to hear other dance pro's opinions outside of the DC organization like Evan and Denise! I would love to know who their stand-outs were and who they would cast. Their opinions are much more valuable than say Scott the weatherman, or their other panel judges.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kamal said:

I liked how they showed a picture of her taken at (normal) auditions. It wasn't her first time trying out

I missed this...

Her who ? Cailey or Madeline S ?

I will echo that drunk drivers rob so much from innocent people.  My family just experienced this tragedy, and it's gut-wrenching.  All the good vibes to Cailey and everyone that has had dreams stolen and family members die due to this needless, preventable problem.  I knew that Cailey would be cut -  I could feel her pain every time she danced, and my heart broke for her as soon as they presented her backstory.  Such a sad, infuriating place to be as a young dancer.

Lastly, how can they present these dancers LITERALLY TWERKING when they busted on Angela so bad for doing the same damn move during her show group audition?!?!  I don't care how uncool it makes me - twerking should never be a part of a professional dancer's repertoire. Period.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, M1977G said:

Right there with you, and been there since episode 1 for all the reasons you said. I also do not care for many of her facial expressions when she dances. Last episode (or the one before), she had some real stank face going on--it was almost startling the brief moment she was shown smiling on camera in this episode. She looked like a DCC there, but I don't think she has the maturity to be a good ambassador or team mate at such a young age. 

I love Tyra's dancing and her attitude! Nice to see more of Megan's dancing this episode and hear the comments on her. She had caught my eye with Evan's choreo last week--usually on the edge of the screen. She can groove and I'm a fan. I'm pulling for Kelley--loved how joyful she was during her freestyle, and I am enjoying seeing all the coaches and vets and rookies pulling for her to show what she's really got, because she is an absolutely beautiful dancer and also because she seems so genuine. She can be fierce!

I just cannot with KayDianna's full-lid pink eye shadow. I would love to see some makeup tutorials for certain rookies as part of the makeovers episode. I feel like we saw one, once, as an extra clip online, but I'd seriously love to see how she's told to fix that ugly eyeshadow. She is one of several ladies I think would look so much prettier with less or differently applied makeup. She is a lively and mostly clean dancer, so I see why she stands out among the rookies, but I want to see her extra facials to get toned down as much as her eyeshadow. Just smile, like Judy says. The competitive cheer and pageant style performance facials always are a turn off for me. 

Poor Cailey! I'm glad she was introduced to us before she was cut. She seems just lovely, inside and out, and was so poised and graceful through all of training camp in spite of her back pain. I also was glad to know of her important work during the pandemic--it feels like this is the first time in 2 seasons that the show really has directly addressed the impact of the pandemic, aside from all the ways that they were making the "bubble" last year to protect themselves from Covid. Many of us do not see the kind of loss Cailey talked about--daily deaths of patients and losing a dozen family members--and it felt like a real moment on the show that didn't pretend like everything is back to normal. I, too, hope she heals, and I would love to see her be a strong comeback girl like Tori or Madeline S.

What is Kelli wearing in the first rehearsal of this episode? She looks like she decided to wear her pandemic lounge wear to work. I mean, on the one hand, I respect it--many of us are embracing more comfortable work wear after working from home for so long, and Kelli is entitled to be comfortable, too. But, on the other, the ruffles and bell bottoms were not flattering. Definitely one of her wardrobe misses this season for me. 

I wish I could give the bolded part 1,000 likes.

For many , esp those in the medial profession, the volume of loss of life was unthinkable. And they were first witness to mutliple deaths every, single day, for months into a year. I'm glad production gave Caliey a few minutes to share her story - it needed to be heard, and I think it was good for her to tell it. Keeping that kind of trauma inside, isn't healthy.

The would have been also a good time to let a TCC, who worked in the educational setting (if there is one) , to share their story of how they had to pivot daily teaching lessons virtual.

Also it would have been a good time to let someone affiliated with a dance or fitness studio share how they kept up their preparations and/or lively hood during that time. I guess I find it a little hard to believe every single dance /fitness studio re-opened/ continued operations like nothing happened.

When Calily shared her story about her back to Kelli , I have to admit I had a sneaky feeling she would be gone soon. Kelli probably didn't want the liability of possibly making her back worse by daily hours long rehearsals, not to mention the jump split. Business is Business.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

First, does anyone else miss the show airing Thursday evenings instead of Friday?  I loved shoving my kid on the school bus Friday morning and watching the show on demand as I drank my coffee in solitude.  Now my 8-year-old son wants to watch with me on Saturdays.  I could do without his commentary:  "Wow, they're really shaking their booties!"  "Ugh, not more butt shaking."

Lea- wow!  I loved watching her during Denise's choreo.  Vet Ashlee and Kelsey were stand-outs to me as well.

Turns out TPTB were not misleading us about Ava and her social media.  Just when I thought I couldn't like her any less.

I was sad to see Cailey go because she was lovely.  I hope she is able to heal her back and potentially come back next year.

Can we see more of former Dolphins cheerleader Ashley?  She is so cute, but she seems to struggle to keep up.  I'd also like to see more Rebecca, Jensen, and Presley.

Edited by ExtremeFajitas
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, sATL said:

I missed this...

Her who ? Cailey or Madeline S ?

Both tried out in season 14 of MTT. Tyra was also at finals

Edited by Tulip86
spelling
  • Useful 3
51 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Both tried out in season 14 of MTT. Tyda was also at finals

oh wow... so that means Caliey 's dancing got better in 2 years to make it into camp, but her back got worse. I also wonder how much those non-stop 12 hr hospital shifts played into her pre-existing injury.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 9

She is one of several ladies I think would look so much prettier with less or differently applied makeup. 

Kelli might want to try toning down her own eye makeup.  And someone needs to gently tell her that the Pebbles Flintstone hairdo on her isn't working either.  She looks like a prom chaperone.

I think Ava feels she’s a strong enough dancer that the rest of it doesn’t matter.

When she was getting lectured in the office, she put her hands up to the sides of her nose as if she were trying to hold back tears.  It was quite obvious that she was peeking to see how Kelli and Judy were reacting to her sign of remorse.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Kelli might want to try toning down her own eye makeup.  And someone needs to gently tell her that the Pebbles Flintstone hairdo on her isn't working either.  She looks like a prom chaperone.

When she was getting lectured in the office, she put her hands up to the sides of her nose as if she were trying to hold back tears.  It was quite obvious that she was peeking to see how Kelli and Judy were reacting to her sign of remorse.

In a way she is.... 

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Turns out TPTB were not misleading us about Ava and her social media.  Just when I thought I couldn't like her any less. 

What's her IG or tik tok name? I'd like to see it.

Just now, ExtremeFajitas said:

I have no idea- I just liked her less based on their conversation and her reaction. One would hope she has deleted anything in poor taste.

I think it’s been deleted for sure 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I have no idea- I just liked her less based on their conversation and her reaction. One would hope she has deleted anything in poor taste.

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you saw those videos.

• Love 2

When Kelli was talking to Kashara she said something along the lines of "it's not an indicator she's a nasty girll waiting to break (freak?) out?" If that's not the right wording, please correct me because I'm not sure (though its what my closed captioning said).

I take issue with this comment. I can see saying unprofessional. I can see saying off-brand. But I think its actually insulting for Kelli to assume that someone is a "nasty girl" because they post certain material. She's 18 and this is national television.

(And all just a little ironic given the original intent when the DCC was formed).

• Love 7

It was sad to see Cailey go but even without her injury I'm not sure if she would've made it. She seems like a great girl but she seemed uncomfortable dancing and even talking to the camera. She handled her cut with a lot of grace. Hopefully with some physical therapy and dance classes she can come back stronger.

Lea is a star! I'm excited to see her get more of the DCC look though. Would love to see a segment on her.

It would be hilarious if Tori's segment on being a junior DCC was cut last year and they asked her if they could do it again this season.

I like Kelee but I'm surprised with how encouraging Kelli has been with her so far. I feel like in past seasons girls with more meek personalities were told they were timid, they apologize for being in the room, etc. I think this is a way better approach for dealing with someone who is not as out there as someone like Kat.

I hope in the coming episodes we see segments on Rebecca, Melanie and Jordann. 

2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

When Kelli was talking to Kashara she said something along the lines of "it's not an indicator she's a nasty girll waiting to break (freak?) out?" If that's not the right wording, please correct me because I'm not sure (though its what my closed captioning said).

I take issue with this comment. I can see saying unprofessional. I can see saying off-brand. But I think its actually insulting for Kelli to assume that someone is a "nasty girl" because they post certain material. She's 18 and this is national television.

(And all just a little ironic given the original intent when the DCC was formed).

I agree with you on this, but Kelli comes from a different generation and the type of trends that are accepted now would probably not be accepted by a lot of people over 40 IMO, especially in a professional environment. A lot of popular tiktok trends are quite vulgar so if not familiar with them, it comes across crass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Love Denise Dicharry episodes! Her routines are just so enjoyable and I love how she always gives the dancers room to improv. The dance circle was so fun to watch! Also, shoutout Kelcey, who killed her "solo" in Denise's piece!!

However, sometimes Denise's comments to the dancers can be a little repetitive. It always feels like some variation of "crank your volume up" and "there will be cuts." I feel like Christina in particular looked so annoyed when Denise mentioned cuts lol. She looked like she wanted to say "Girl, we know."

I really hated the twerking too. I don't mind it in certain types of choreo, but it's definitely too sexual for a supposedly family-friendly dance team. Of course, DCC have always toed the line between sexy and family-friendly, but I think this is a step too far. It also felt like cognitive dissonance to see the cheerleaders twerk, then hear Kelly talk about how being of a certain generation makes it hard for her to understand Ava's posts.

Besides that though, I loved this routine and wish I could have seen it all the way through.

I loved Tori and Cailey this episode! I'm a sucker for when TCC cry, so hearing Tori talk about her dream coming true made me emotional. I'm just going to pretend we didn't see her mess up on the first night of Denise's choreo...

So much respect for Cailey going after her dreams and the awareness it must have took to say she's not coming back unless she's a stronger dancer. Also, I can't imagine what she went through during the pandemic. I hope the loss of life that she witnessed and experienced in her family isn't taking too strong of an emotional toll. 

19 hours ago, rose711 said:

I like that they are out in the field and not in the rehearsal studio with mirrors. Dancers can’t get into that habit of following everyone else in the mirror. I like seeing the dances in the field too. 

The routines just look so much better on the field. Honestly, if I had to rewatch an old season, I'm sure studio dancing would look claustrophobic in comparison. There do seem to be mirrors on the field though, behind the judges. 

2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Completely agree, calling Ava "nasty" is both sexualizing and demeaning. It's not okay for Kelli to say that about any of the DCC/TCC on television, but especially not someone so young. It's also a weird double standard to choreograph sexy routines but having such strict rules on how DCC portray themselves. 

I do think Ava can seem disingenuous and arrogant, but that's likely because she's a really talented and this is the first time she's being expected to represent more than herself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, M1977G said:

I think a lot of them need to be toned down. Not a fan of several of the good dancers looks …I’m hoping that they will be toned down. I feel like there are several extra people with extra facials. Like Klein’s death drop or anyone on the floor during a routine for that matter. What ?? I’ve also seen them laugh at extraness from vets. Maybe they like it. Maybe they are told to do that for the show, or the show edits it. And those are always the girls being shown on camera. Seems weird to me . 
 I hate it that Cailey was hurt and is still struggling. People don’t realize that their choices have a long lasting effect on innocent people. I hope she heals and comes back. 

• Love 8

Honestly? 

Unless there's something VERY egregious in those videos I may just give Ava a pass on this one.
"You danced to foul language." And? Am I to believe the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders have NEVER danced to "foul" music while in uniform during a performance? 

• Love 13