Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Game Night

• Start Topic

Is Peter really that stupid as to leave incriminating evidence on his phone?  Even if he has the handy-dandy fingerprint passcode thing?  Other than Anna his wife hearing the podcast which names Peter, what would he leave on his phone?  She will confront him with whatever there is, and the above scenarios will probably happen ensuring Gary gets off.  When is Sophie going to realize Gary helped put Peter in the hospital?

I don't see Katherine switching teams or having been bi all along with or without Eddie's knowledge.  Hopefully Katherine will tell Shanice she's not interested.

Theo has an unhealthy interest in glitter.  I almost feel sorry for the actor who is portraying these stupid storylines.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't see Katherine switching teams or having been bi all along with or without Eddie's knowledge.  Hopefully Katherine will tell Shanice she's not interested.

That's more realistic, but in all seriousness, has a single woman in a TV drama ever had a situation like this where they DIDN'T turn out to be bisexual (typically it's actually that they turn out to be outright gay, but at the very least bisexual)? Sitcoms sometimes do it (when they have two women kiss as a cheap stunt, like Jennifer Aniston and Winona Ryder on Friends), but when dramas do it, no matter how straight the one woman was before the moment, they ALWAYS end up with the other woman. 

• Love 2

And it also seems like bad form to have a divorce party just as Eddie lost his other child.  No one seems remotely concerned about his kid moving to Paris, especially Eddie.  He was so distraught about Katherine keeping Theo from him but could care less that his daughter is moving across an ocean to be raised in a foreign country?    But wait, it’s Delilah doing it, so it’s fine.  

How is Sophie even getting into a bar if she’s only 18?  And really, her fun night out is driving around a bunch of moms?   That would be a huge punishment for my 18 year old daughter.   Is she ever going to Harvard?  She’s never struck me as a genius and her main focus always seemed like it was music so the Harvard storyline is just another one that makes no sense and is complete lazy writing….we’re in Boston so let’s make her get into Harvard.  There are about 50 schools in Boston that would make more sense for her to go to.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm assuming the actor is not a paraplegic, otherwise you would think he would at least point that out to the idiot writer who doesn't understand the significance of the prefix "quad."

15 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Knowledge of basic English is dead and has been for a long time now. I, for one, sorely mourn its passing. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I doubt she can do that, though. She's not the victim, Peter is. (Also I believe it's up to the prosecutor, once it's in the hands of the justice system. The victim can choose not to cooperate but I don't think they can just say, nah, don't prosecute this violent criminal act that was committed against me. If they have enough evidence without the victim's cooperation, they have no reason to drop it.)

(But this is TV Land, so who knows?)

Has everyone forgotten that any “evidence” remaining on Peter’s phone is far more damaging to Sophie? His immediate response to her suggestive pictures was negative and chastising. Seems like it’s more supportive of the wife’s theory that Sophie is lying. Anyway, she can keep telling herself that-even if she’s suspicious. I felt so bad for Sophie when she was completely honest about the pictures at the police station. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Daff said:

Has everyone forgotten that any “evidence” remaining on Peter’s phone is far more damaging to Sophie? His immediate response to her suggestive pictures was negative and chastising. Seems like it’s more supportive of the wife’s theory that Sophie is lying. Anyway, she can keep telling herself that-even if she’s suspicious. I felt so bad for Sophie when she was completely honest about the pictures at the police station. 

He also took the bathing suit videos. Guessing she'll find those, and not just of Sophie.

5 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Theo has an unhealthy interest in glitter.  I almost feel sorry for the actor who is portraying these stupid storylines.

I always wonder what the actors are thinking when they have to do totally unrealistic lines.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

This show 😒

All has been said already. Nothing in this episode was saved. So many blunders, so many pointless plots. They are all so annoying, I don't care about none of them anymore. I don't care if they find their way, find happiness, "overcome" (ugh) tragedies. I more or less care that Sophie is able to find an outlet for what happened to her, because she will never forget that. The rest? Can go to jail, or to oblivion in Lenox.

So Liam is OCD? Terribly portrayed.

The little Theo crush thing is so pathetic. I hope they give up on that story because the actor cannot hold a plot like that. The girl is cute though. Maybe they can kid-swap? Theo goes to California, the girl stays? 

The quadriplegic bloop needs to be corrected. It just shows how terrible the writers are now. Not even one, not even one actor, was able to pick on that blunder? It is not even just a matter of knowing disability. It is a matter of knowing the english language. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, circumvent said:

So Liam is OCD? Terribly portrayed.

Yeah, we learned that in early covid when he was freaking out over touching things. Even though a lot of us (and the characters) were, but Gary recognized that for Liam it was a bit more than just being overcautious about an unknown virus.

No idea if he's supposed to be getting any kind of treatment for it, though.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

That is interesting! But this guy has shown no indications at all that he doesn’t have full use of his arms, so I still think the writers screwed up, especially since what you posted apparently isn’t common knowledge.

6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

But yes, still applies to Eddie's PT, as he clearly has full control of his arms (dude was literally playing basketball!), so I still think that it was an odd mistake by a show filled with mistakes (which is sad, though, since the disabled storyline is one of the few stories they're doing realistically, almost assuredly because Nash's dad was disabled). 

That contradicts the stuff from the website - the PT is shown as apparently having full use of his upper body.  So, I think the gang here is still right.  We shouldn't need to get information elsewhere beyond what the show actually gives us.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm assuming the actor is not a paraplegic, otherwise you would think he would at least point that out to the idiot writer who doesn't understand the significance of the prefix "quad."

I don't know how advanced the actor's paralysis is, but the actor is apparently "partially paralyzed" after a series of strokes in his mid-twenties. I believe I read that he still has some use of his legs and can theoretically stand up and walk, but he needs help to do so and he can't get very far before he needs his chair again.

• Useful 2
44 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know how advanced the actor's paralysis is, but the actor is apparently "partially paralyzed" after a series of strokes in his mid-twenties. I believe I read that he still has some use of his legs and can theoretically stand up and walk, but he needs help to do so and he can't get very far before he needs his chair again.

Which makes things even worse because he either doesn't even know/care about disabilities and how to use the correct words, or he does, he cares, he might have said something when reading the script, and the writers simply ignored him, which is a form of silencing. 

Pretty disgusting, really

• Love 3

I finally watched this one on Hulu, because I was gone on Wednesday.

I figured that I wouldn't like this one based on the preview. Wow, did that not even meet that low expectation I had of this episode. I didn't just not like this episode, I think I kind of hated it.

First, the very short good:

Liked Eddie initially relating to Theo as someone who is 12 years old with his first crush. However, Theo's "I'm out of glitter!" made me go "Nope!" When I was 12 years old, I was a tomboy, and any boy my age saying he had a crush on me with a glittery sign would make me run screaming the other day. Nope, nope, nope. And then the encouragement! Why, yes, let's go to Not Target and get glitter for a 12 year old boy to do Love Actually. That's not weird at all.

Actually, that's it as far as "good." Eddie initially relating to Theo with his first crush. So much for "good," because ack!

Although, I'm glad Theo interrupted Eddie's confrontation with that woman. Because what sort of closure would that confrontation give anyone?

No, I take that back. I did kind of like the talk between Sophie and Maggie.

Everything else? Hated.

If this was real life, Peter's wife really could have sued Sophie for what she said on the podcast. And I still say that it was stupid for her to say Peter's name on it. Tell her story, sure. Say he's a music teacher, great. Saying his name--yeah, it's her word against his. In fact, she could be named in a civil suit as a co-defendant with Gary and Layla's father. It wouldn't take too much investigating to find her linked with Gary.

No longer love Eddie's PT because apparently he's quadriplegic. So, he has 4 arms somewhere? Because, pretty sure "quad" means 4. And if you're quadriplegic, who can't move four limbs. Christopher Reeve was a quadriplegic who absolutely couldn't move his arms or legs. A friend of my family broke his neck in the same place Christopher Reeve did about 6 months later. He never was able to move his arms and legs again. And I'm pretty sure I saw the PT wheel himself away with two good arms.

Ack!

Why would Rome and Gary not understand that Katherine's divorce party might make Eddie a little upset? I can understand Darcy throwing a divorce party for Katherine, but Maggie and Gina? They're supposed to like Eddie, right?

Yeah, I didn't like this one.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Katie111 said:

How is Sophie even getting into a bar if she’s only 18?  And really, her fun night out is driving around a bunch of moms?   That would be a huge punishment for my 18 year old daughter.   Is she ever going to Harvard?  She’s never struck me as a genius and her main focus always seemed like it was music so the Harvard storyline is just another one that makes no sense and is complete lazy writing….we’re in Boston so let’s make her get into Harvard.  There are about 50 schools in Boston that would make more sense for her to go to.  

She could probably get into the bar if she is with a group of adults, they just won't serve her alcohol.

But Sophie doesn't want to go to Harvard, she was trying to get into a music school, but didn't get in cause she freaked out during her audition. She had to wait until next year, and I guess has no plans of what to do in the meantime.

She originally wanted to go to Harvard because John went there. But then she visited and realized she actually had no desire to go, she wanted to pursue music.

8 hours ago, ams1001 said:

He also took the bathing suit videos. Guessing she'll find those, and not just of Sophie.

I always wonder what the actors are thinking when they have to do totally unrealistic lines.

The bathing suit videos aren't evidence, because Peter can just say they were a confidence building exercise. It is sketchy, but not enough to prosecute. It might convince his wife though.

7 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

The bathing suit videos aren't evidence, because Peter can just say they were a confidence building exercise. It is sketchy, but not enough to prosecute. It might convince his wife though.

Yeah, I was just thinking in terms of his wife believing Sophie. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

But Sophie doesn't want to go to Harvard, she was trying to get into a music school, but didn't get in cause she freaked out during her audition. She had to wait until next year, and I guess has no plans of what to do in the meantime.

Let’s wait and see whether the writers still remember about this plot line. Am still confused about AMLT timeline, so next year means next season, right?

I have a confession to make. I really like the theme song when Theo was declaring his crush on Kiana… 🙊🙈😊

Surfaces - Wave of You

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I have a confession to make. I really like the theme song when Theo was declaring his crush on Kiana… 🙊🙈😊

Surfaces - Wave of You

lol...I didn't even notice it. (But I'm someone who can listen to the soundtrack of a movie I just saw and wonder, where did this one play?)

• LOL 1
17 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Let’s wait and see whether the writers still remember about this plot line. Am still confused about AMLT timeline, so next year means next season, right?

Surfaces - Wave of You

Next year could be next season or it could be next week, I really have no idea.....Probably next season. Or she'll start reapplying later this season.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2021 at 5:13 PM, historylover820 said:

Why would Rome and Gary not understand that Katherine's divorce party might make Eddie a little upset? I can understand Darcy throwing a divorce party for Katherine, but Maggie and Gina? They're supposed to like Eddie, right?

Rome and Gary totally knew Katherine's divorce party was going to make Eddie upset.  That's why the did the whole Bruins man night party thing in the first place to keep Eddie from ever finding out about Katherine's divorce party.  It wasn't a terribly well thought out plan but that was the plan.

On 10/8/2021 at 6:44 AM, Katie111 said:

How is Sophie even getting into a bar if she’s only 18?

I don't know the laws in Mass but everywhere I've lived you can go into a bar at 18 but not be served until 21.  So an 18 year old listening to a band or declaring themselves designated driver would be fine. 

1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

I don't know the laws in Mass but everywhere I've lived you can go into a bar at 18 but not be served until 21.  So an 18 year old listening to a band or declaring themselves designated driver would be fine. 

Nope, not in Boston.  Laws are very strict.  Under age 18 can’t listen to a band or go in anywhere designated as a bar after dinner.  Also can’t sit at the bar.  They could go to a restaurant and order drinks but that would certainly limit their options.   Just a dumb storyline all  around.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Nope, not in Boston.  Laws are very strict.  Under age 18 can’t listen to a band or go in anywhere designated as a bar after dinner.  Also can’t sit at the bar.  They could go to a restaurant and order drinks but that would certainly limit their options.   Just a dumb storyline all  around.  

Are the laws enforced though, or these types of law are more local and not state-wide? Because in the Berkshires young people go to bars (at least they did 15 years ago when I lived there). I have been to bars with younger than 21, and with young people who looked younger than 21 and they were only carded for drinks, not to get in the bars. And one of the bars had live music too.

15 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Do you mean under 21 they can't listen to a band or go somewhere designated a bar? Since as was mentioned above, Sophie is not under 18.

They weren't actually at a bar though, they were at someone's house. They talked about going out, but apparently never did. That is why Sophie and Maggie went out to buy ice and Katharine was doing the dishes.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, SilverLake0315 said:

It’s probably come up before and I just missed it, but… Sophie Abigail Dixon? Why, oh why, would you give your kid the initials SAD? 🤦‍♀️

It makes me crazy when they call her "Soph."

On 10/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, maggiemae said:

So Katherine comes to the surprise party after knowing about it and dresses in a masculine grey suit and blue shirt?  [....] 

She's a lesbian now!    /s

On 10/8/2021 at 6:58 AM, Daff said:

Knowledge of basic English is dead and has been for a long time now. I, for one, sorely mourn its passing. 

Lie down, basic English; you're dead.

[Insider joke for grammar fans.]

Edited by candall
Added explanatory footnotes.
  • Love 6

Two quick things: no need for Eddie to call Katharine for the hotel/room number because Rome was right there!  Rome, the one with the strongest connection to Shanice.  But then, there’s no need to tell Eddie about the divorce party 🙄.

And prosecutors decide whether to file charges, not the victims.  The victims can choose not to cooperate - happens all the time in domestic violence cases - but if there’s sufficient other evidence, the case will be brought.  Gary belongs in jail.  Point blank period.  Any other outcome will be ludicrous, unrealistic and stupid.  Just like many plots on this show 😡

Edited by jalady
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, jalady said:

Two quick things: no need for Eddie to call Katharine for the hotel/room number because Rome was right there!  Rome, the one with the strongest connection to Shanice.  But then, there’s no need to tell Eddie about the divorce party 🙄.

And prosecutors decide whether to file charges, not the victims.  The victims can choose not to cooperate - happens all the time in domestic violence cases - but if there’s sufficient other evidence, the case will be brought.  Gary belongs in jail.  Point blank period.  Any other outcome will be ludicrous, unrealistic and stupid.  Just like many plots on this show 😡

8 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

Gary was my favorite character before this ridiculous plot. I don't understand why they chose this plot for him. There is no coming back from it.

Absolutely!  This storyline doesn't belong in this show.  It's not the kind of show to have a main character be a violent criminal.  It's not The Sopranos.  I really don't know what the writers intend, but to me it feels like we are supposed to hope Gary gets away with it.  The impulse for revenge is understandable, but vigilantism  is not acceptable.

• Love 4
On 10/14/2021 at 1:15 AM, candall said:

It makes me crazy when they call her "Soph."

My niece is Sofia an is often called Sof.  I suggest you not hang out with her.   It drives me crazy when people spell her name with  a ph, but she doesn't mind.

And I'm Brandy but my dad called me all sorts of things including B which at least some of my siblings do to this day.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:06 PM, CarpeFelis said:

When plainly both arms work. Apparently the writers are idiots who don’t know the difference between quadriplegic and paraplegic. And nobody in the cast picked up on it either.

The actor portraying the trainer is a paraplegic, why did he say quad? I figured they were talking about a 3rd person I couldn't see.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, SilverLake0315 said:

Sophie Abigail Dixon? Why, oh why, would you give your kid the initials SAD? 🤦‍♀️

They were going to call her Self-Fulfilling Prophecy Dixon, but it didn't fit on the charm bracelet? Just a guess.

• Love 2