Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Game Night

• Start Topic

When the girls decide to throw Katherine a celebratory divorce party, the guys get together to watch the hockey game and distract Eddie. Maggie is blindsided by some news, while Sophie is forced to stand her ground. Eddie helps Theo with a romantic gesture for a new crush and stumbles into someone from his past.

Original air date: 10/06/2021

Not just a divorce party, but a surprise divorce party. Sounds like a supremely good idea. 🙄

Eddie helps Theo with a romantic gesture for a new crush

Ugh. Please. No.

What is it with Theo and glitter?

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4

They are making me detest this show.  Well, actually, I don’t care enough about it to detest it.  Sort of annoyed, would be more accurate……I can’t take it anymore.  Covid has done terrible things to tv show writers.   It seems it’s all around ABC, CBS and NBC……pitiful. 

• Love 4

They are going to have Katharine and that actress have a relationship aren't they? Ugh.

Maybe Gary and Rome should have told Eddie that the other women threw Katharine the divorce party as a surprise and she didn't even want it?Not that there would be anything wrong with Katharine celebrating a new chapter in her life, but Eddie was making himself such a victim about it.

I thought Theo's little Love Actually stunt was cute. Then I laughed when afterwards the kids were both like, "Ok, bye."

Liam was really sweet to climb in the dumpster for a hat. He's going to be crushed when Gary and Darcy's relationship blows up and Gary doesn't move with them. That's not a spoiler, just a logical assumption.

When I saw the promo I thought it was weird that Sophie was at the divorce party, but at least they explained it. By the way Sophie, if you want your friends to think you can have fun, tell them you have an empty house to party in. There's probably even alcohol accessible in it. Plus, very slim chance of running into Peter's wife in her living room. 

I guess Peter's wife's reaction was realistic, and I know it is also realistic for Sophie to still be struggling. But I'm kind of bored with the storyline.

• Love 6

I called the potential Katherine hook up as soon as the actress arrived at the party.

I’m also calling this…I bet Gary’s cancer is going to return. They’ve made a reference to his breast cancer every episode this season when it hadn’t been mentioned in a very long time.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I’m also calling this…I bet Gary’s cancer is going to return. They’ve made a reference to his breast cancer every episode this season when it hadn’t been mentioned in a very long time.

And Maggie will be there for him!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

I called the potential Katherine hook up as soon as the actress arrived at the party.

Oddly enough I had been waiting for Shanice to make a move on Rome. And was it just me or did Katherine seem uncomfortably flattered by being hit on?

Re: Gary's Cancer - it may be the thing that keeps him from going to jail for his role in the Peter episode. Seem like the exact way these writers would play it.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3

I figured they'd eventually give anpther LGBTQIA+ storyline to someone in the series. And I'm not surprised in the slightest that it was given to Katherine. I mean, it's an old trope. Uptight woman finds out that she's into women! And add the fact that she's in her early 40s, and they can tic the "finding their sexuality as an older woman" trope to that. 

Now, I have no issue with Katherine's sexuality being a plot point. I have an issue with how it's being done. I wish that this show would have had Katherine establish that she has previously identified as bisexual/pansexual, instead of having this be ALL SO NEW for her. Having her say that she's bisexual but it's never really come up since marrying Eddie? That, I could totally buy and be ok with. Hell, it could make for a fun conversation where Eddie's told by Gary/Rome that Katherine is seeing a woman and have his response be "oh, that's awesome. Yeah, I've know Katherine's bisexual/pansexual since we started dating. We used to have the same celebrity crushes sometimes." Do you realize how fun that scene would be, hell, even the entire episode would be with Gary/Rome fretting again about Eddie's reaction, only to have him totally chill? Now, we get some boring ass tired tropes that we've seen dozens of times before, and it's just a bit frustrating. 

Yawn to Theo's big Love Actually moment. First off, that film, and that plot point, has issues of its own. And secondly, Theo, the girl is just going to visit her father. She'll be back. You don't need to rush into some big moment. And even if she was moving away, it's also hella creepy to do that when you won't see her again. 

Ah, yes, there we go. The moment they reignite Maggie/Gary! And they start with her "off hand" comments about Darcy starting to try with Gary and Maggie's jealousy/uncomfortable response. I knew it would rear its head again, and I guess this episode was just the start! Great. 

I like Sophie, but it's blatantly obvious that she's kind of straddling a weird position in the show. She's the only teen in a show filled with adults and pre-teens. She's too old to have plots like the kids do, but she's too young to be involved with the adults. This episode showed as all the women gathered together for the divorce party. It just became awkward that Sophie, an eighteen year old, would be included and be as involved as she was. It was nice to have the women be there for Katherine, but it was also awkward for many reasons.

Ah, Eddie found the woman who hit him! Well, now what? Eddie's PT is still the best.

And Peter's awake, just as his wife is snooping through his phone. So, this storyline can end in a few ways: Layla's father gets arrested, Gary gets community service. Or, Peter's wife turns him in and drops all charges against Gary and Layla's father once she finds proof that he did sexually assault those girls. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Or, Peter's wife turns him in and drops all charges against Gary and Layla's father once she finds proof that he did sexually assault those girls. 

I doubt she can do that, though. She's not the victim, Peter is. (Also I believe it's up to the prosecutor, once it's in the hands of the justice system. The victim can choose not to cooperate but I don't think they can just say, nah, don't prosecute this violent criminal act that was committed against me. If they have enough evidence without the victim's cooperation, they have no reason to drop it.)

(But this is TV Land, so who knows?)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Aileen said:

Hang on, hang on...so you think it's weird that an 18 year old was at a divorce party for a woman whose ex-husband had an affair with said 18 year old's mother, which resulted in the 18 year old's half-sister? :)

Gee, why would that be weird? 

(And as the appointed designated driver, she gets to be the responsible one, too.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I doubt she can do that, though. She's not the victim, Peter is. (Also I believe it's up to the prosecutor, once it's in the hands of the justice system. The victim can choose not to cooperate but I don't think they can just say, nah, don't prosecute this violent criminal act that was committed against me. If they have enough evidence without the victim's cooperation, they have no reason to drop it.)

That's an interesting scenario though. There is a criminal investigation, but in some cases the victim can refuse to file charges. What happens to the criminal case then, I am not sure. So far, the police doesn't really have a clear suspect and prosecutors only bring charges when there is a case. If Peter refuses to cooperate, they are just wasting time.

But as you said, this is TV Land, so anything can happen. I can't stand Gary and would love to see him run and disappear from the screen. Not going to happen. My guess is the wife murders Peter in a rage, everyone forgets about Gary's crime.

Some facts: "a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich" is 100% true in a grand jury situation. I don't think Boston uses the grand jury bullshit but it is very unlikely that the justice system would be just, Gary being part of the elite class, Peter being a sexual predator. Even after factoring race there is very little appetite to defend sex offenders. 

In real life, less than 10% of cases get solved. That's why our jails and prisons are full of innocent people, and people who are ther for things like not being able to pay a fee or fine.

• Love 3

These people have absolutely no impulse control at all. Theo has a crush so Eddie has to get him glitter. (Theo's "Oh no! The craft store closes in five minutes!" was just ridiculous.) Eddie's feeling inadequate so he head off for Not Walmart. Gary lost his hat so Rome, Gary, and Liam take off to go find it. Party's out of ice so Sophie and Maggie have to run out and get it. These people have the attention spans of chipmunks on crack.

This Peter story is going to end up nowhere good. I predict in the end it will also have a body count. I see Wifey finding out the truth and killing Peter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

I hate the Gary storyline!  It can have no realistic resolution that isn't disastrous; I don't want to see Gary end up in prison and I don't want a magical get-out-of-jail ending either. At the very least, they will have his relationship with Darcy blow up and  who knows what other travail they have in store for him.

I re-watched the episode immediately and in the scene with Gary putting things in boxes, he takes off a slightly grubby hat and tosses it across the room.  If this was the missing hat, I would expect the hat to have further significance and  adventures.

Please, please, please send Theo to a distant boarding school.  I can do nothing but cringe whenever he is on.

• Love 7

OK, I think this show has finally jumped the shark.  I agree with all the comments so far about the various storylines and characters. I only watched this show because I was huge "Psych" fan and liked James Roday Rodriguez.  It's been OK, some good moments, some boring/bad moments.  But I am completely over where they have chosen to go with the character of Gary. He could not have been more obnoxious in this episode-- overgrown teenager moments (which, quite frankly was more charming in Psych when it was played for laughs), angst-ridden unpleasant desperate moments, "great father" moments, etc.  Why they chose this storyline for his character is beyond me.  It adds nothing to the series, and now I realize how uninterested I am in all the other characters and how they have evolved.  What a waste of acting talent this has become.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

And Peter's awake, just as his wife is snooping through his phone. So, this storyline can end in a few ways: Layla's father gets arrested, Gary gets community service. Or, Peter's wife turns him in and drops all charges against Gary and Layla's father once she finds proof that he did sexually assault those girls. 

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Or, plot!twist, the wife finds evidence of Peter's crimes on his phone and she kills him, thus removing the DA's incentive to find out who put him in the hospital in the first place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, marceline said:

These people have absolutely no impulse control at all. Theo has a crush so Eddie has to get him glitter. (Theo's "Oh no! The craft store closes in five minutes!" was just ridiculous.) Eddie's feeling inadequate so he head off for Not Walmart.

Which of course closes in ten minutes!

(And of course instead of the time-efficient option of asking an employee where the glitter is, he says "let's split up" and sends his 12-year-old-in-a-six-year-old's brain off to search for it on his own.)

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

If the writers were trying to sell me on feeling sorry for Eddie, they failed. Eddie's actions for years led to the divorce. They're making it as if Eddie was the one screwed over in the relationship. 🤷‍♀️

Sophie being at the divorce party took me out. Eddie and Theo moment was cringe.😅 I am all for Dads  helping sons through relationships but that's a bit too much for a first crush. 🤣

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

But he’s a paraplegic, right?

To make matters worse, he wheeled himself off with his two functional arms as he said it! Yes, you are correct. Cringeworthy. Yet another character trying to “charm” folks with offhand glibness and sarcasm. Falls short. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

But he’s a paraplegic, right?

Yes.  He has use of his arms, so not quadriplegic.   I don't know how they let that one go.

• Love 5

I don't normally complain about the writing week after week, but I thought this episode was so bad, it was embarrassing to watch.  It was throbbing.

If Katherine had been shown to have a strong posse of women friends who had long despised her deadbeat husband, sure, woo-hoo, yay for divorce.  Par-tay!  But this is supposed to be a ride or die group of friends who help and support each other even when they're inter-angry.  Seems unkind and out of character to rub Eddie's nose in his mess--just call your party "Ladies Do Margaritas" and call it done.

The showrunner isn't too burdened by realism; can't he find a way to make "T" move to France with "Dee"?  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Or, plot!twist, the wife finds evidence of Peter's crimes on his phone and she kills him, thus removing the DA's incentive to find out who put him in the hospital in the first place.

I think she figures out he did what he was accused of doing and that is why he got the snot beat out of him and tells him that, if he identifies the people who attacked him, who were just trying to get justice for children wronged by him; she will dump him and go to the cops with whatever she finds on his phone.  So, he will back down and tell the cops he doesn't remember anything about the beating and that will be the end of it.  Tied up neatly in a bow, as this show likes to do.  Meanwhile, Gary's girlfriend, having found the tainted sweatshirt of guilt,, will see some bloodstains on it and figure out that Gary was part of the vigilante posse and toss him out on his a**; allowing him to return to Maggie just as his cancer recurs.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

If the writers were trying to sell me on feeling sorry for Eddie, they failed. Eddie's actions for years led to the divorce. They're making it as if Eddie was the one screwed over in the relationship. 🤷‍♀️

Sophie being at the divorce party took me out. Eddie and Theo moment was cringe.😅 I am all for Dads  helping sons through relationships but that's a bit too much for a first crush. 🤣

It was really wrong that the writing tried to imply that Katherine split with Eddie because he is now in a wheelchair when his mobility issues had exactly nothing to do with the breakup of their marriage.

Katherine has a gay assistant, she is 40ish, not 90.  But, we're to believe that she has never thought about her own sexuality and realized that she was also attracted to women?  We could've gotten an offhand line from her about a girlfriend she dated in college or something.  It is unbelievable that an American woman of her background and life experience never even considered her feelings about women until she got kissed by one.  ER tried to do this with the character of Kerry 20 years ago and it made no sense then; makes even less now.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I think she figures out he did what he was accused of doing and that is why he got the snot beat out of him and tells him that, if he identifies the people who attacked him, who were just trying to get justice for children wronged by him; she will dump him and go to the cops with whatever she finds on his phone.  So, he will back down and tell the cops he doesn't remember anything about the beating and that will be the end of it.  Tied up neatly in a bow, as this show likes to do.  Meanwhile, Gary's girlfriend, having found the tainted sweatshirt of guild, will see some bloodstains on it and figure out that Gary was part of the vigilante posse and toss him out on his a**; allowing him to return to Maggie just as his cancer recurs.

Are you secretly an AMLT writer? Because I can see it playing out exactly this way.

As I've said before, Gary is my favourite character, but I cannot accept him getting away with this and facing no repercussions. It will ruin him for me in a way not even recurring cancer can redeem.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Its nice that the ladies all want to support Katherine after treating her like an afterthought for years, but the whole divorce party left a really bad taste in my mouth. Both because I hate this divorce story with the white hot fire of a thousand suns for ruining my favorite couple on the show for cheap drama, but because it feels tacky given the events that led to the divorce. This isn't a "your husband was a scumbag who we cant stand" divorce or even a "it just didn't work out but its mostly amicable with minimal drama" divorce, Katherine's husband who she reconciled with after much struggle was run over and paralyzed which led to him suffering from chronic pain and falling into drugs again, its a tragic and heartbreaking situation for their whole family, not something that really screams out for celebration. Not that Eddie is a victim in all of this and I certainly don't blame Katherine for calling it quits, but the whole situation is so depressing and frustrating it doesn't seem like something she is going to want to celebrate. Especially as they're also all friends with Eddie too, really feels like they're rubbing his failures in his face, which seems like a shitty way to treat a friend. Plus Katherine was obviously uncomfortable but people on this show are so damn pushy. I just hate this stupid story. 

Hi Sophie, enjoy your first big night out in ages, getting to drink virgin margaritas with a bunch of middle ages women as they giggle about your moms ex boyfriend divorcing him.

I am already calling it, the wife finds out and either kills, leading to the cops just forgetting about the beating, or she turns against him and gets info to turn into the cops and he goes to jail, the whole incident forgotten and Gary gets away with everything. The only other possibility is the dad of the girl who killed herself takes all of the blame, and I am not thrilled about any of those.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Are you secretly an AMLT writer? Because I can see it playing out exactly this way.

As I've said before, Gary is my favourite character, but I cannot accept him getting away with this and facing no repercussions. It will ruin him for me in a way not even recurring cancer can redeem.

I started watching this show only because I really enjoyed Psych and James R Rodriguez.  This show is trying to ruin that for me.  

As for writing for this show, I think monkeys with typewriters could throw this stuff at the wall and see what sticks.  They are going to totally gloss over the fact that, while Gary did not actually perform the assault, he organized the attack and invited the perpetrator.  He is beyond an accessory to felony assault/attempted murder.  Whatever.

This is similar to the way that the show portrays Delilah as a wonderful mother and delightful friend and companion to all despite the fact that she had an affair with her husband's close friend and gave birth to his child.  We were clearly shown that her clandestine relationship played a big role in Jon's suicide but, we're supposed to think that Jon was actually thrilled that she was doing the horizontal bop with his  married friend Eddie so she wouldn't miss him too much when he jumped off the skyscraper.

Delilah moves to France taking her minor kids, one of whom has a father who is in a wheelchair, making overseas travel very difficult and the other of whom has lost his father to suicide and gone through puberty and come out as gay in just the past couple years and we are supposed to appreciate how strong and self sufficient and caring she is.

Maggie goes to Oxford for a graduate program that is supposed to be outstanding, but she insists on returning to Boston for her cancer follow up because the doctors in England aren't very good?  And she doesn't find a way to study remotely like the rest of the world is doing?  And she isn't even considering a return to her studies now that travel is easier and the universities are re-opening.

Sense a trend here?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

either kills, leading to the cops just forgetting about the beating, or she turns against him and gets info to turn into the cops and he goes to jail, the whole incident forgotten and Gary gets away with everything. The only other possibility is the dad of the girl who killed herself takes all of the blame, and I am not thrilled about any of those.

I think the show has portrayed Layla's father, the perpetrator, too sympathetically and given him too much screen time to let him go to jail.  I think we are supposed to cheer these people for their commitment to vigilante justice and root for them to get off scot free.  Hence, even the wife won't kill her wayward hubby, either; just blackmail him into refusing to implicate his attackers.  And we are expected to applaud this.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Its nice that the ladies all want to support Katherine after treating her like an afterthought for years, but the whole divorce party left a really bad taste in my mouth. Both because I hate this divorce story with the white hot fire of a thousand suns for ruining my favorite couple on the show for cheap drama, but because it feels tacky given the events that led to the divorce. This isn't a "your husband was a scumbag who we cant stand" divorce or even a "it just didn't work out but its mostly amicable with minimal drama" divorce, Katherine's husband who she reconciled with after much struggle was run over and paralyzed which led to him suffering from chronic pain and falling into drugs again, its a tragic and heartbreaking situation for their whole family, not something that really screams out for celebration. Not that Eddie is a victim in all of this and I certainly don't blame Katherine for calling it quits, but the whole situation is so depressing and frustrating it doesn't seem like something she is going to want to celebrate. Especially as they're also all friends with Eddie too, really feels like they're rubbing his failures in his face, which seems like a shitty way to treat a friend. Plus Katherine was obviously uncomfortable but people on this show are so damn pushy. I just hate this stupid story. 

Hi Sophie, enjoy your first big night out in ages, getting to drink virgin margaritas with a bunch of middle ages women as they giggle about your moms ex boyfriend divorcing him.

I am already calling it, the wife finds out and either kills, leading to the cops just forgetting about the beating, or she turns against him and gets info to turn into the cops and he goes to jail, the whole incident forgotten and Gary gets away with everything. The only other possibility is the dad of the girl who killed herself takes all of the blame, and I am not thrilled about any of those.

The party was so forced and makes no sense they were throwing shade at Eddie since they are friends for years except Shanice and Maggie. It would've made more sense if it were Katherine, her assistant and her friends outside the cast trash Eddie but they probably would've had more tact than to have a party Katherine was uncomfortable with and entertain Katherine in a way Eddie is never brought up.

Imagine if Delilah was at this party.😅

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

Yes.  He has use of his arms, so not quadriplegic.   I don't know how they let that one go.

I'm assuming the actor is not a paraplegic, otherwise you would think he would at least point that out to the idiot writer who doesn't understand the significance of the prefix "quad."

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I think she figures out he did what he was accused of doing and that is why he got the snot beat out of him and tells him that, if he identifies the people who attacked him, who were just trying to get justice for children wronged by him; she will dump him and go to the cops with whatever she finds on his phone.  So, he will back down and tell the cops he doesn't remember anything about the beating and that will be the end of it.  Tied up neatly in a bow, as this show likes to do.  Meanwhile, Gary's girlfriend, having found the tainted sweatshirt of guilt,, will see some bloodstains on it and figure out that Gary was part of the vigilante posse and toss him out on his a**; allowing him to return to Maggie just as his cancer recurs.

I absolutely think this will happen. I think the cop will figure it out too, and threaten Gary, but not be able to make a case without an identification. Darcy will probably also put together how Gary didn't answer her voicemail that night.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

They are going to have Katharine and that actress have a relationship aren't they? Ugh.

You could practically hear the director yelling "PIVOT!" It's all so formulaic I could puke.

I want to like the actress playing Shanice -- Shanice started out as the (possibly) nightmare diva, and she's added a nice little layer or two. For that matter, I want the show to do right by Rachel Nicholls and Erin Karpluk, two actresses whose work I've enjoyed on other shows. But perhaps that's the key: on other shows. I can't trust this bunch to give them parts to play that aren't fundamentally cringeworthy. Please don't try to make me hate Erin Karpluk, show! It'll be bad for you.

Don't even get me started on Gary's Incrimination Hat of Doom.

• Love 3

Wait, I thought Eddie and Katherine have finalised their divorce quite sometime ago. So why the ladies suddenly feel the need to throw her a surprise divorce party? The group hasn’t fully embraced Katherine into their fold and always perceive her as uptight. So why now? And who invited Shanice, was it Katherine herself?

Hey show, please don’t go there on Shanice/Katherine. I cannot take another ridiculous plot line that you guys have been throwing at us out of the blue.😣 Bring back Alan if Katherine is ready to date.

Maggie was OK with Gary/Darcy relationship for many episodes and suddenly now she couldn’t take it that they are “trying”. Maggie was pregnant with Jamie before, not Gary. So what’s the big deal?

I adore Sophie’s friendship with Maggie. It’s good that she has her back since her own mother isn’t that reliable. But maybe it’s time for Sophie to reconnect with friends in the same age group.

Please take Theo and his glitters obsession and his first love story off-screen will ya! We have too much Theo and less Danny, WHY? 😠

Why this episode keeps circling back on Gary’s hat? Gary wasn’t wearing his favourite hat on that fateful night. Layla’s dad wasn’t wearing any hat either. I don’t get it.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Wait, I thought Eddie and Katherine have finalised their divorce quite sometime ago. So why the ladies suddenly feel the need to throw her a surprise divorce party? 

I'm not actually sure it is final. They were fighting over custody last season, and then in the finale Katharine agreed to shared custody if Eddie took random drug/alcohol tests. I think that was just a couple weeks ago show time, it seems unlikely they'd have time to go to court.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did Eddie’s PT refer to himself as a quadriplegic?

Yes. When plainly both arms work. Apparently the writers are idiots who don’t know the difference between quadriplegic and paraplegic. And nobody in the cast picked up on it either.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm not actually sure it is final. They were fighting over custody last season, and then in the finale Katharine agreed to shared custody if Eddie took random drug/alcohol tests. I think that was just a couple weeks ago show time, it seems unlikely they'd have time to go to court.

I see. Seems like the purpose of the divorce party is just to shove us the Shanice/Katherine narrative. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 6
23 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Maybe Gary and Rome should have told Eddie that the other women threw Katharine the divorce party as a surprise and she didn't even want it?Not that there would be anything wrong with Katharine celebrating a new chapter in her life, but Eddie was making himself such a victim about it.

He sure was. Eddie “I used to be a rock star!!!” Saville: narcissist extraordinaire. Yeah, poor you, Eddie. Of course it’s horrible that you were in a hit and run that left you in a wheelchair. But you seem to have forgotten how you put your wife through the wringer. You cheated on her, had a baby with another woman who YOU WERE PLANNING TO LEAVE HER FOR, and lapsed back into addiction while lying to her about it! But HOW DARE she celebrate getting on with her life.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Aileen said:

I am so ashamed that I forgot to call it last episode when I thought, "Katherine is interacting with another person, she must be a love interest for...reasons." Even though there wasn't any romantic chemistry at ALL. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Yes. When plainly both arms work. Apparently the writers are idiots who don’t know the difference between quadriplegic and paraplegic. And nobody in the cast picked up on it either.

This is the rare occasion where the Primetimer gang has it wrong. It's very possible to be a quadriplegic and have limited use of one's arms. It all depends on the level of injury to one's neck/spine.

There's a very interesting YouTube channel called Roll with Cole & Charisma about life as a quad. Cole broke his neck and vlogs about his disability; to quote from a website about him: "The impact shattered Cole’s neck at C5 and C6, rendering him a quadriplegic. Cole lost all function below those levels of his vertebrae. He’s unable to use his hands and triceps as well so he’s a complete quadriplegic. Cole is now able to use his shoulders, biceps and a little bit of his wrists."

He self-propels in a manual wheelchair. He can eat using special cutlery. He self-catheterizes. He can even cook with the assistance of his wife. He does not have full control of his arms. He's a quadriplegic.

Same deal with Eddie's PT. Curse all of you for making me semi-defend this supremely shitty show.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Now, I have no issue with Katherine's sexuality being a plot point. I have an issue with how it's being done. I wish that this show would have had Katherine establish that she has previously identified as bisexual/pansexual, instead of having this be ALL SO NEW for her. Having her say that she's bisexual but it's never really come up since marrying Eddie? That, I could totally buy and be ok with. Hell, it could make for a fun conversation where Eddie's told by Gary/Rome that Katherine is seeing a woman and have his response be "oh, that's awesome. Yeah, I've know Katherine's bisexual/pansexual since we started dating. We used to have the same celebrity crushes sometimes." Do you realize how fun that scene would be, hell, even the entire episode would be with Gary/Rome fretting again about Eddie's reaction, only to have him totally chill? Now, we get some boring ass tired tropes that we've seen dozens of times before, and it's just a bit frustrating. 

I mean, isn't that Million Little Things "fandom" in a nutshell? "If DJ Nash was a completely different person, this could be a cool story idea!"

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

This is the rare occasion where the Primetimer gang has it wrong. It's very possible to be a quadriplegic and have limited use of one's arms. It all depends on the level of injury to one's neck/spine.

There's a very interesting YouTube channel called Roll with Cole & Charisma about life as a quad. Cole broke his neck and vlogs about his disability; to quote from a website about him: "The impact shattered Cole’s neck at C5 and C6, rendering him a quadriplegic. Cole lost all function below those levels of his vertebrae. He’s unable to use his hands and triceps as well so he’s a complete quadriplegic. Cole is now able to use his shoulders, biceps and a little bit of his wrists."

He self-propels in a manual wheelchair. He can eat using special cutlery. He self-catheterizes. He can even cook with the assistance of his wife. He does not have full control of his arms. He's a quadriplegic.

Same deal with Eddie's PT. Curse all of you for making me semi-defend this supremely shitty show.

That is interesting! But this guy has shown no indications at all that he doesn’t have full use of his arms, so I still think the writers screwed up, especially since what you posted apparently isn’t common knowledge.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

Eddie doesn't have full use of his arms and hands?  

Eddie's PT. 

But yes, still applies to Eddie's PT, as he clearly has full control of his arms (dude was literally playing basketball!), so I still think that it was an odd mistake by a show filled with mistakes (which is sad, though, since the disabled storyline is one of the few stories they're doing realistically, almost assuredly because Nash's dad was disabled). 

• Love 6