Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

(edited)
36 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It also looks like it's just a regular, one-episode finale, not a two-parter like I thought it might be. 

Yep. Young Sheldon will be getting the 2 episode season finale treatment. Showing the Ghosts 2 parter at Christmas obviously used an extra episode 

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1

There was a long interview with Danielle on Parade.com. She talks about the jobs she had prior to being cast on Ghosts. She also discusses how much she loves being on the show. She said on Twitter that she and her husband are planning a vow renewal for their tenth anniversary.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

She said on Twitter that she and her husband are planning a vow renewal for their tenth anniversary.

Awwwwwwww, that's sweet :). Congrats to them!

Sounds like a lovely interview, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely give that a read. 

ETA: Here's the link for anyone else who wants to check it out:

https://parade.com/tv/danielle-pinnock-ghosts-season-2-interview

Edited by Annber03
  • Useful 1

Danielle talking about buying the organic brown eggs now that she has CBS money…. I can’t. She’s amazing. And she’s using her success to take care of her family. Big heart eyes from me. And I love her for pushing for more complex, well rounded plus size characters. I’m also a plus woman, and it was rough growing up in a time when fat women onscreen being thought of as beautiful or desirable was mostly a joke. I love her for this. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Finally got to see that promo - ohhhhhhh, now I'm even more excited about these remaining episodes. Looks like some good stuff coming up here. The clips of Pete and his daughter...I can already tell I'll need tissues for that one :'). The clips of Isaac and Alberta laughing and hanging out together are really cute, too. Aw. 

Ugh, can it be March 30th already? 

• Like 1

I can't wait for the Sass flashback he's been underused this season. Alberta's family member really looks like her good casting. I saw a clip on Facebook Isaac puts down Massachusetts. I think he's a bigger snob than Hetty.

• Like 2

Such a lovely interview. He seems like such a cool guy. I love hearing these guys talk about working with their castmates, too, it's so nice to hear about how close they are. 

Also love the photos. /shallow :D

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Such a lovely interview. He seems like such a cool guy. I love hearing these guys talk about working with their castmates, too, it's so nice to hear about how close they are. 

Also love the photos. /shallow :D

I thought it was interesting that he said Ghostwriter was his first time being the subject of the main plot. Shelia said the same thing about Flower's Article.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Lovecat said:

The cast will be guests on Carpool Karaoke this season!  Alas, I do not subscribe to Apple TV+ but maybe the segment will make it to the YouTubes eventually.

Just sayin’ - there are a ton of options for free trial periods for multiple months. Recently I’ve used Target Circle and Best Buy (both free accounts). Also maybe your cell provider. And I keep having an offer pop up when I’m browsing - not sure how legit that is. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Just sayin’ - there are a ton of options for free trial periods for multiple months. Recently I’ve used Target Circle and Best Buy (both free accounts). Also maybe your cell provider. And I keep having an offer pop up when I’m browsing - not sure how legit that is. 

Oh, good, thank you for sharing that information. I'll keep that in mind, 'cause I will definitely HAVE to see that episode when it airs :D. 

12 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, good, thank you for sharing that information. I'll keep that in mind, 'cause I will definitely HAVE to see that episode when it airs :D. 

Wait isn’t Carpool Karaoke part of the James Cordon late late show that’s on CBS?  So maybe it’ll be on CBS.com?

• Useful 1

According to Ghost's Twitter page the titles for the next two episodes are  Woodstone's Hottest Couple and Whodunit. I'm hoping that Whodunit will reveal who killed Alberta. My friend is now watching Ghosts. She doesn't have Paramount Plus so she can't watch Season one. Is Ghosts available on DVD?

• Useful 1

People made it sound like they never had a wedding only the ICU one.  But they did have the ICU one then carried on the rest of the wedding plan of church and reception. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

She looks lovely. Congrats to her and her husband on such a milestone, and what a great way to celebrate. 

Also, I LOVE that there were others from the cast who attended. That's so sweet :). 

• Like 2
On 4/10/2023 at 8:26 PM, Annber03 said:

She looks lovely. Congrats to her and her husband on such a milestone, and what a great way to celebrate. 

Her dress is gorgeous!  I'm happy for them. 

• Like 1

It's interesting what they said about Sam & Jay's marriage: the show writes them as getting along as a couple so that when the show gets to a point when they do have a conflict, it will be more impactful. That sounds like it could be a big turn in some upcoming episodes.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Harvey said:

It's interesting what they said about Sam & Jay's marriage: the show writes them as getting along as a couple so that when the show gets to a point when they do have a conflict, it will be more impactful. That sounds like it could be a big turn in some upcoming episodes.

I hope not Sam and Jay have the best marriage on tv. Sam has enough trouble dealing with the ghosts she doesn't need trouble with Jay.

• Like 6

Given recent events with Blue Bloods and Bob Hearts Abishola, I worry that putting all the ghost actors on contract and having them on every episode will come back to bite them. They are only in Season 2 but eventually they will likely have to make cuts. They shouldn’t give in to the fans’ desires so much 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I briefly wondered about something like that happening with this show, too. I hope it'll never get to that point, but yeah...still a valid concern all the same :/. 

None of the actors on Ghosts are huge celebrities like Tom Selleck and Donnie Walhburg. I wonder if it's cheaper to film a television series in Canada instead of America.

• Useful 1
On 4/20/2023 at 6:50 PM, enduringforce said:

I was just watching “A Date to Remember “ and I think I noticed that the actor playing Nigel has a deformed left hand. How have I missed that? Did they make it part of the show or it's unaddressed? Just curious.

Wow, I never noticed it either (but I also never noticed that fife-playing Baxter has a bayonet point sticking out of his chest so I'm not the most observant viewer in the world).  I've looked at a few clips on YouTube and I think you might be right.  If you watch the segment in show motion in which Nigel and Isaac are bitch-slapping each other, you can see that he seems to be missing his third and fourth fingers.  He seems to have a thumb and forefinger at least.  And in fact, Nigel usually keeps his hands behind his back or clasped in front, with the right over the left, so maybe that's the reason.  I just thought the hands-behind-the-back thing was because he was upper class--I've noticed the men in the British royal family even today often stand with hands behind their backs. Also, the camera almost never shoots him from the left side and you never really see his left hand for more than a second or two.

I doubt it's part of the character because Nigel was shot in the chest--though I suppose you could say that, in an earlier battle, he'd been shot in the hand, but in that case why wasn't it mentioned?  If John Hartman's hand is actually disabled, it's too bad they're trying to minimize it, since there's nothing at all shameful about it and it's irrelevant as far as the character is concerned.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 4/27/2023 at 9:44 PM, DanaK said:

Given recent events with Blue Bloods and Bob Hearts Abishola, I worry that putting all the ghost actors on contract and having them on every episode will come back to bite them. They are only in Season 2 but eventually they will likely have to make cuts. They shouldn’t give in to the fans’ desires so much 

CBS did the same thing to Cold Case during their last season. Ghosts is a Top Ten show that is probably making money for the network. If CBS is worried about losing money they shouldn't have given the FBI shows two year renewals.

• Useful 1

The CBS Sunday Morning show did a feature on the show Ghosts.  It was nice to see everyone with the behind-the-scenes footage.  Danielle spoke fondly of the producers and how they like to give each character some depth (or something along those lines).  She said it's the best role she's had thus far.  

It showed them all gathered together when it was announced that they were renewed for a 3rd season.  Can't wait to see the show again!! 

Brandon Scott Jones said that the episode where he came out to Hetty was very meaningful, as he was in the closet for a long time in his own life.  

Danielle talked about how her outfit is rather hot in the summer months (the crushed velour), but Sass, Flower & Pete all have summer wardrobes.  Those 3 chimed in on how glad they were to have the cooler summer clothes.  It was a fun segment on the gang!!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I saw that this morning, too :D. Cute little piece - I liked everyone being interviewed while in costume, hee. I've gotten so used to seeing cast interviews with them in regular clothes :p. 

37 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

It showed them all gathered together when it was announced that they were renewed for a 3rd season.  Can't wait to see the show again!! 

I was so happy that we got to see a clip of that! I still remember the fun video they did when they learned they were renewed for season 2, so it was nice to get to see them celebrate this news as well :). 

I'm also glad that the cast feels so comfortable with their roles on this show, and how they're portrayed and everything. After all the stories we've been hearing lately of awful treatment of cast members on various shows, in terms of how various minorities are portrayed and whatnot, it's nice to know there's a show like this working to get it right, and actually listening to and respecting the actors in that regard. 

• Like 5