Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

I saw a new ad for Ghosts that mentioned last season's cliffhanger. I think Flower will be sucked off. I think it would be interesting to have Shelia come back as another ghost.

• Useful 1

We now have the official season premiere title and synopss!

https://tvline.com/lists/cbs-premiere-spoilers-fire-country-csi-vegas-ncis-fbi-photos/csi-vegas-season-3-episode-1/#comment-list-wrapper

GHOSTS (SEASON 3)

“The Owl” – Sam, Jay and the remaining ghosts unravel the mystery of which ghost passed into the afterlife. Also, Sam and Jay must relocate an owl in order to do construction on the barn to turn it into Jay’s restaurant. (View Season 3 Wish List!)

Premiere Date: Thursday, Feb. 15 at 8:30 pm

• Applause 1

I saw a new ad for Ghosts while watching football. It featured quotes from prior episodes. Flower wasn't  there of course.

All of the promo spots for Season 3 have shown clips from Season 2. No trailers featuring new footage yet. Not sure why. They probably don't have anything ready yet, they must really be under the gun with such a late start. I think they began filming in December.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Huh. I wonder if they will write the pregnancy into the show or if they will try to hide her belly. 

Yeah, it could go either way. 
They've established that children can see ghosts, so Sam and Jay having a child would permanently alter the storytelling rubric for all post-baby episodes.
But it could be fun to see the different ghosts babysitting, and that could also be an easy out to episodes in which the baby is not included with a couple of throwaway lines like:

• [JAY] Where's our little poopsie? 
  • [SAM] Thor is in the nursery singing "Soft Kitty" and turning the Baby Shark Speak-And-Spell off and on. 
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

But it could be fun to see the different ghosts babysitting

Yeah, the ghosts could certainly watch the baby while Sam is still home since they can communicate with her, but they would be useless if Sam and Jay left the house since they can't do anything.

Interesting to note that 

Spoiler

Allison and Mike having a baby in the UK version was the catalyst for them selling the house and moving away.

I'm not sure the U.S. version is ready for that yet. My bet is on them shooting around Rose's pregnancy.

• Like 4
On 1/8/2024 at 8:20 AM, iMonrey said:

Huh. I wonder if they will write the pregnancy into the show or if they will try to hide her belly. 

Hopefully the latter; a baby would completely alter the dynamic that is working so well.  Maybe later, but it's too early in the series for that.  There are zero indications they'd have written a pregnancy for the character had the actor not gotten pregnant, so there's zero reason to permanently alter the show because of a temporary situation; audiences are perfectly capable of rolling with it even once an actor is noticeably pregnant yet the character isn't.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, Bastet said:

audiences are perfectly capable of rolling with it even once an actor is noticeably pregnant yet the character isn't.

That’s what giant purses and oversized coats are for!

• Like 4

I follow Ghosts on Facebook. I saw a photo of Mark Hamill with Rose and Utkarsh at the Golden Globes. I also posted that the show should include Rose's pregnancy and Asher Grodman liked my post.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 1/14/2024 at 11:49 PM, kathyk2 said:

I saw the ad on Facebook. Sam and Jay are running through the mansion trying to find the ghosts. Jay remembers he can't see them LOL.

Saw that and thought it was so great that Jay accepts the ghosts so much that he is worried they might be gone, even when he can't see them.  (I was going to say, or interact with them, but he does, doesn't he?)

• Like 4

Danielle was actually on last night - here's the interview. It's not very long and there's virtually no talk of the upcoming season of the show (probably 'cause spoilers and all), but still, Danielle is a lot of fun in it:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Lionsgate & BBC Studios Deal, Which Spawned CBS’ ‘Ghosts’, Ends 
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/lionsgate-bbc-studios-deal-spawned-193636909.html

😳

While we have mutually agreed not to extend our formal business agreement, Lionsgate will remain a valued partner, and we will continue to work together for years to come on the hit show Ghosts and on an array of projects in development,” a BBC Studios spokeswoman told Deadline. “We are pleased to welcome Rachel Bendavid to our in-house team at BBC Studios and committed to our strong, continuing collaboration with Lionsgate.”

Whew?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to TV Guide the premiere episode of Ghosts was the fifth highest rated show of the week. On the March 14th episode we will be introduced to a new ghost. There will be no new episodes on March 21st and 28 due to the March Madness.

• Useful 2

Wow, good news!  Even though the season is just starting for us because of the strikes, there are probably some decisions that have to be made by certain dates, and renewing some shows that are obviously pretty popular is a pretty safe bet.

• Like 1

I only wish this news had come while the cast was still filming, if only so we could maybe get another fun video of them celebrating the news, the way we did when they did that fakeout promo to announce their season 2 renewal :D. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

I only wish this news had come while the cast was still filming, if only so we could maybe get another fun video of them celebrating the news, the way we did when they did that fakeout promo to announce their season 2 renewal :D. 

I agree I haven't seen any posts by the cast on social media. I hoped they would be renewed but I wasn't sure since the season was so short.

LIBRARY OF CONGRESS TO HOST CAST MEMBERS FROM THE HIT CBS COMEDY “GHOSTS” ON APRIL 9

The Library of Congress will host cast members from CBS’ hit comedy GHOSTS on April 9. A special episode screening and a panel discussion with series stars Richie Moriarty, Danielle Pinnock, Asher Grodman, Román Zaragoza and Rebecca Wisocky will be held at 6:30 PM, ET on Tuesday, April 9 in the Coolidge Auditorium. Free tickets can be obtained at loc.gov/events. From 5:00-6:00 PM, ET, the Library will host a display of items curated for each of the ghost characters’ time periods in the Whittall Pavilion.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Neptune said:

LIBRARY OF CONGRESS TO HOST CAST MEMBERS FROM THE HIT CBS COMEDY “GHOSTS” ON APRIL 9

The Library of Congress will host cast members from CBS’ hit comedy GHOSTS on April 9. A special episode screening and a panel discussion with series stars Richie Moriarty, Danielle Pinnock, Asher Grodman, Román Zaragoza and Rebecca Wisocky will be held at 6:30 PM, ET on Tuesday, April 9 in the Coolidge Auditorium. Free tickets can be obtained at loc.gov/events. From 5:00-6:00 PM, ET, the Library will host a display of items curated for each of the ghost characters’ time periods in the Whittall Pavilion.

I wish I lived closer to Washington D.C. I wonder why Brandon won't be there? The Library of Congress is an amazing building. My nephew did an internship in D.C. last fall where he worked at the Library of Congress and he posted some incredible photos.

• Love 1