Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E26: HOH #9, Nominations #9

• Start Topic

Yeah Tiffany you are not sniffing that 750K sweetheart.  Hopefully you find that out sooner than later.

The same exact thing she and Hannah were snitting on about Kyland doing last week they both did this week.  Fuck them.

Oh oh and saying Azah or DEREK should have been HOH cracked me up because what were they all supposed to do?  Drop after 45 seconds?

Edited by mojoween
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Oh oh and saying Azah or DEREK should have been HOH cracked me up because what were they all supposed to do?  Drop after 45 seconds?

I literally said to Mr M, no one could have dropped fast enough to make Deref HoH, and it was almost as bad with Azah, although honestly, I would have loved to see them try. It would have been hilarious. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

There's nothing wrong at all with 'playing your own game' , Tiffany, but it's really too late to make that work. I've always likened the Big Bro. game to being in the mafia- everything's fine as long as you are loyal but the minute your aren't, you get whacked. I guess she never watched The Godfather or even The Sopranos. 

This would be a great time to switch things up, but they will never get enough people to make it work. It does seem like, based on tonights show, that she knows she might be in trouble due to winning Hoh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Watching The Cookout turn into babies when Tiffany went off script was a thing of beauty though I believe this is the episode that costs her the 750000 she was crowing about getting by doing things her way.

Sorry X but if that HOH was supposed to be Big D or Azahs...they should have HUNG ON and won it.

Yeah, the six made history but likely doomed any such alliance forming again in the future because people are going to be looking for such an alliances and immediatly suss out the ringleaders and target them before they can get a lock on the game like The Cookout did. They say everything comes with a price...I guess that's true.

If they don't take a shot at X now then they are blind fools. He's the Second Coming of Derrick and will win if they let him get anywhere near the finish line.

Zingbot has his work cut out for Chaddah...because there is nothing there to work with.

Rooting for the only way the season can to be salvaged....through some impossible confluence both Azah and Big D are in the final two seats and we get to watch as the jury awkwardly tries to make a case to Dr. Will why either of them deserve to win as they have done nothing but float through the game clutching their life vests.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I would love to see Alyssa win POV and see Tiffany be forced to nominate Claire. That would be so sweet! X winning and taking her off would be even better, but despite what he says he wouldn’t actually do that.

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 8

These not-live eviction episodes feel like they drag on forever and forever now. I looked at the clock at one point because I was sure that it was almost done but it still had thirty minutes to go. It made me super sad that they didn't actually burn the house down last week when it caught on fire. Couldn't even get that right.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2

There was a lot of my talking back to Tiffany on the teevee tonight. "Oh they mad at meeeee??" Yes. There was a plan. You decided you have a better plan. Well, let's see how that works for you. And beyond that there was a plan for you to be the only one that COULDN'T win it goes deeper to the overall plan that didn't include "And I get to never go on the block AND keep my 'person' while al the others along the way did, too bad so sad." Enjoy Jury Tiff! I have said from the beginning that there is was and always be a crack in the CO and her name is Tiffany. I can't even stand to hear her voice explaining away every time she does whatever she wants while others take the fall for it. And poor Claire deluded really thinks she's on to something now that Tiff is in power again and that it will roll till she gets to be final 4. Having a white girl final four wasn't really the plan but I know, you "came up with" the plan so you get special exemptions. What's one little white girl to matter? What's shifting things for a week to your plan instead of the group plan? No biggie...

Usually I'd also enjoy seeing everything burn, and I wish I could enjoy it like you can North of Eden but I just can't here, she pisses me off way too much. Telling people the rules and then claiming you are the only one that can break them just gets to me on a visceral level. I can only hope that this backfires spectacularly on her and soon. C'mon VETO!

"Hey Tiiiifiny you say you want the Cookout to be the last ones standing... but... you are too selfish and entitled for it to happen. ZIIINGG!!!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Has there been a more useless, yet still entitled houseguest than Derek F?

Here’s a provocative thought.

Imagine things were reversed and there was a secret alliance of white people, who systematically eliminated every Black houseguest until they (the white players) were the only ones left. And then, they danced around the house, gloating and happy that they had gotten rid of all the Black houseguests.

Not great, right? Racist, right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Guys, I missed something very crucial.

What was the plan supposed to be?  Kyland wins HOH and puts up Claire and Alyssa?

Why was Tiffany winning HOH sending everyone into meltdown city?  Because they knew that she would 100% not put Claire up?

Thanks all.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Guys, I missed something very crucial.

What was the plan supposed to be?  Kyland wins HOH and puts up Claire and Alyssa?

Why was Tiffany winning HOH sending everyone into meltdown city?  Because they knew that she would 100% not put Claire up?

Thanks all.

The plan was, Azah was supposed to win. If not Azah, Ky. Or basically any CO member except X or Tiffany, because their plus ones were in play and they wanted to keep the nominees clean. The agreed-upon target for the week was Claire, although Tiffany wasn’t really on board. I’m guessing X wanted to save his plus one, Alyssa, for last because he likes to run things.  So basically, meltdown city happened because Tiff went rogue and didn’t follow The Plan.

Also, message for Azah: LEARN TO SAY NO. You don’t want to lend your dress, don’t lend your dress. Grow a spine, girl.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Also, message for Azah: LEARN TO SAY NO. You don’t want to lend your dress, don’t lend your dress. Grow a spine, girl.

I was shocked to see that tiny Alyssa couldn't squish herself into Azah's dress given that Azah is so much taller than her. I knew Azah was very slim, like a supermodel, but I had no idea she was that slim. It was just surprising. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I was shocked to see that tiny Alyssa couldn't squish herself into Azah's dress given that Azah is so much taller than her. I knew Azah was very slim, like a supermodel, but I had no idea she was that slim. It was just surprising. 

Right?!?  I could not believe how bad that dress looked on Alyssa.  Azah must have the teeniest hips ever.  Also I was so scared it was going to rip in the zipper.

Was it a rubber dress?  Or were the editors having fun with sound effects again?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Was it a rubber dress?  Or were the editors having fun with sound effects again?

Good question. It was extremely stretchy. I wonder where Azah got all the amazing dresses. Alyssa looked adorable last week in another one of Azah’s dresses. 

I'm hoping for a montage of Azah's fashion looks at some point. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Azah could have said "I don't lend my clothes out. Everyone has different body shapes, and your bigger bust will stretch the dress." Simple, polite, and to the point while being complimentary towards Alyssa.

As for Tiffany: her nonstop cackling and unearned sense of entitlement are off-the-charts annoying. She's playing the Russell Hantz game: backstab your way to the Finals, trample on all of your alliances and piss everyone off, then act shocked when the jury hates you and votes for the other guy to win out of pure spite. And I'd be willing to bet money that when she loses, whether in the finale or by getting voted out earlier, she'll instantly make it a racial/sexist thing: "The other houseguests weren't comfortable with a strong, beautiful woman of color such as myself." No, Tiffany: the other houseguests were fed up with your entitled backstabbing and finally had enough.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

People can keep trying to make this is a thing? What if there was network called white entertainment television? What if they made Blade a white superhero instead of black one? Etc. Etc.

It will never actually work. BET exists because of the lack of diversity on broadcast TV or shows focus on diverse cultures. You will never need to race swap a superhero to from a POC to a white person because what would be the point? There will never be a lack of mainstream white superheroes.

Circling back to Big Brother. Why would a group of white people ever have needed to band together get out the POC when they were always the majority? We've already had years and years of POC systematically being knocked out the game. This is where the cookout comes from. Banding together to ensure a person of color can actually win this thing. You can't just reverse this and say what if white people did it. It's not the same playing field. It never was. This isn't malicious. It's a group of people banding together for a certain goal based on the history of the show.

The actually irony is that this is the first season where there isn't some large discrepancy between different races or backgrounds in the show. There was a concerned effort to cast with diversity in mind. So, the issues that came up in the past probably wouldn't have happened this year.

Skipping over the strawman arguments based on things no one here has said ...  This show has always been diverse, the first season  had old people, young people, Christians,  a Buddhist, black, white, this is just the first show with a large number of black people. That's not the definition of diverse..

We live in a country where the large majority of people are white, any show that tries to represent the population is going to have a majority of whites just like TV shows made in China will have a large majority of Asians.  It just is. 

Manipulating the cast to represent a certain group that has been sympathetically in the news a lot is fine with me, if all the farms had been failing last year and there had been lots of marches about saving the farms maybe we would have had more than one farmer.  I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't  act like up until then the show had been cruel to farmers and they deserve a win.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Tiffany is just not good at the social aspect of this game. No way she wins it all.

I completely disagree. Tiffany social game is great. Just speaking for jury on: Derex absolutely adores her, SB likes her even though Tiffany has hated SB's guts since like week 2, Britney likes her, Claire has literally been playing the game for Tiffany and considers Tiffany her best friend in the house, Hannah loves her, Ky loves her. The only reason X has a problem with her is because she played the game he wanted to play better than him lol and he's very controlling and arrogant. I agree though the she won't win because no one is gonna let her get to F2.

11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

These not-live eviction episodes feel like they drag on forever and forever now.

The eviction eps are live. Also, this wasn't an eviction ep lol. 

Does anyone know how long the shortest endurance HOH comp lasted? I feel like this one might be the new shortest one.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I completely disagree. Tiffany social game is great. Just speaking for jury on: Derex absolutely adores her, SB likes her even though Tiffany has hated SB's guts since like week 2, Britney likes her, Claire has literally been playing the game for Tiffany and considers Tiffany her best friend in the house, Hannah loves her, Ky loves her. The only reason X has a problem with her is because she played the game he wanted to play better than him lol and he's very controlling and arrogant. I agree though the she won't win because no one is gonna let her get to F2.

Does anyone know how long the shortest endurance HOH comp lasted? I feel like this one might be the new shortest one.

I don't think Tiffany has a good social game within her own circle. All people that will be in jury if she makes it into final two. I doubt SB and Alyssa would either. She likes to strong-arm her positions with no finesse.

She is not wrong for protecting her plus one. It's better for her game. But, she always had a smugness to her that will be a turn off to people in the house. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

BTW: What exactly is Tiffany's problem with Sarah Beth? Her weirdly personal hatred reminds me of Memphis' bizarre animus towards David last season.

I think Tiffany has been jealous of Ky and SB's closeness. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The quote you are responding to just put the dash in the wrong place, they meant “not live-evictions” as in “episodes which are not live evictions.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Imagine things were reversed and there was a secret alliance of white people, who systematically eliminated every Black houseguest until they (the white players) were the only ones left. 

You mean like Seasons 1 thru 25?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9

I don’t think keeping Claire is good for Tiffany’s game. If it somehow ends up with those two in the final, Claire could get a lot of votes from other “victims” of the cookout, as well as votes from people who are impressed with her staying power against all odds. Oh and members of the cookout who now hate Tiffany. whereas if Claire’s on the jury, Tiffany would get Claire’s vote. 

18 minutes ago, Maya said:

I don’t think keeping Claire is good for Tiffany’s game. If it somehow ends up with those two in the final, Claire could get a lot of votes from other “victims” of the cookout, as well as votes from people who are impressed with her staying power against all odds. Oh and members of the cookout who now hate Tiffany. whereas if Claire’s on the jury, Tiffany would get Claire’s vote. 

She doesn't want to keep Claire until the end. She doesn't want her out on her HOH because it will make her bad. Claire also would never make it that long. She's a perfect cast out on a double elimination night. Or any other eviction night.

12 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Has there been a more useless, yet still entitled houseguest than Derek F?

Here’s a provocative thought.

Imagine things were reversed and there was a secret alliance of white people, who systematically eliminated every Black houseguest until they (the white players) were the only ones left. And then, they danced around the house, gloating and happy that they had gotten rid of all the Black houseguests.

Not great, right? Racist, right?

Why would anyone have to imagine when we just saw it last season?  

• Love 15
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

We live in a country where the large majority of people are white, any show that tries to represent the population is going to have a majority of whites just like TV shows made in China will have a large majority of Asians.  It just is. 

That's not true, watch a show like Project Runway or Top Chef and that is not remotely true and never has been.  Just because CBS is racist doesn't mean all the networks are and have to be.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone know how long the shortest endurance HOH comp lasted? I feel like this one might be the new shortest one

There was one one season involving a volcano that was over even before the episode ended. It was embarrassing. I wish I could remember some details. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

There was one one season involving a volcano that was over even before the episode ended. It was embarrassing. I wish I could remember some details. 

Ah yes that has to be the shortest one. Final HOH in All Stars. Boogie let go pretty much immediately. Erika was supposed to throw to Janelle but Janelle took her hand off before the live show even ended. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's not true, watch a show like Project Runway or Top Chef and that is not remotely true and never has been.  Just because CBS is racist doesn't mean all the networks are and have to be.  

I don't follow either show, but I never heard that they were trying to represent the population  when they chose their  cast the way BB and Survivor sometimes do.  Or were you saying that it's "not true" that the American population is majority white?

You can represent the population of a country without using the Census as a guideline.  Especially when you have the privilege of having 23 seasons to work with and you've already represented one part of population over and over and over and over again.

There are many cities in the U.S. where white people are not the majority and a lot of people live like that and that can be represented too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

In that case, I agree, the episodes really drag. But they normally do, especially at this time in the game. And especially especially if you watch the feeds.

It's times like this that I wish the husband could follow feed updates so I could cut out the shows but it's like going to the video store with my mom when I was a kid to rent a movie. She'd pick up a movie, swear she had never seen it before even though I would be able to tell her when we watched it, rent it because it looked interesting, and in the last five minutes I would hear her say "OH! I remember this one now." Every time. That's the husband with Big Brother. As soon as he sees who won Veto/HoH/final noms, he does the "OH! Right, you told me that."
giphy.gif

Next year, it's going on the dry erase board in the kitchen. "Take out the garbage. Buy milk. TIFFANY IS HOH THIS WEEK, WE CAN SKIP THE SUNDAY SHOW. Clean the litter box."

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I don't follow either show, but I never heard that they were trying to represent the population  when they chose their  cast the way BB and Survivor sometimes do.  Or were you saying that it's "not true" that the American population is majority white?

The problem with saying BB and Survivor were representing the population is, US population is just 60% white. The casts of both shows have been more like 80-90% white. Also, the casts are predominantly made up of twenty-somethings, although 49% of the population is over 40. So casting has nothing to do with representing the population. But I will say that I would love to see a season of BB that was half older contestants. 

8 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Azah could have said "I don't lend my clothes out. Everyone has different body shapes, and your bigger bust will stretch the dress." Simple, polite, and to the point while being complimentary towards Alyssa.

Or just tell her the truth. “Sorry, but I had plans for this dress. Wish I could help.” Not rude, but blunt and honest. That’s how I would have handled it.

9 hours ago, mojoween said:

When don’t the editors use every opportunity to have fun with sound effects? 😉

• Love 8
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The problem with saying BB and Survivor were representing the population is, US population is just 60% white. The casts of both shows have been more like 80-90% white. Also, the casts are predominantly made up of twenty-somethings, although 49% of the population is over 40. So casting has nothing to do with representing the population. But I will say that I would love to see a season of BB that was half older contestants. 

Thank you.

I find it a little weird that Alyssa feels so naturally entitled to Azah's clothing.  They've only known each other for weeks.  Are they even friends?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There are many cities in the U.S. where white people are not the majority and a lot of people live like that and that can be represented too.

Of course the show is aired across the country not just those cities and the original idea was to have a cross section of the population closeted together for the duration. There are areas of the country that are 100% Native Americans but no one ever complains about their lack of representation which is far worse than that of African Americans. 

1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Of course the show is aired across the country not just those cities and the original idea was to have a cross section of the population closeted together for the duration. There are areas of the country that are 100% Native Americans but no one ever complains about their lack of representation which is far worse than that of African Americans. 

People certainly do complain about it.  Just because you haven't personally heard it doesn't mean that there aren't people fighting for their communities and for others.  There is 1 Native person on the current season of Big Brother Canada and that's great.  Not near good enough but great.  "Rutherford Falls" is a sitcom that also aired this year about Native people in Upstate NY.  These things do not happen by accident.  People fight for their own and create their own representation.

Just checked the ages of the cast.  How is 16 people between age 22 to 40 meant to "represent the US population"??????   That only represents Millennials and Gen Z!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Just checked the ages of the cast.  How is 16 people between age 22 to 40 meant to "represent the US population"??????   That only represents Millennials and Gen Z

It doesn't.  We've gone around about this so much I guess we forgot where it started, LOL, but I began by saying that I wished people would quit calling this the most diverse season ever, when I don't think it's very diverse at all. I used the first season as my idea of diverse partly because it had a wide age group.  I think some people really don't want "diverse" so much as just "no white people."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

22 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Just checked the ages of the cast.  How is 16 people between age 22 to 40 meant to "represent the US population"??????   That only represents Millennials and Gen Z

It doesn't.  We've gone around about this so much I guess we forgot where it started, LOL, but I began by saying that I wished people would quit calling this the most diverse season ever, when I don't think it's very diverse at all. I used the first season as my idea of diverse partly because it had a wide age group.  I think some people really don't want "diverse" so much as just "no white people."

It started with you saying that BB and Survivor were trying to represent the population in their casts. @Ms Blue Jay and I were just trying to point out the many ways in which the population has not been represented.

As for equating “diversity” with “no white people”, I don’t even know how to respond to that. That’s quite a leap, and I haven’t seen anyone say anything remotely like that.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It started with you saying that BB and Survivor were trying to represent the population in their casts. @Ms Blue Jay and I were just trying to point out the many ways in which the population has not been represented.

As for equating “diversity” with “no white people”, I don’t even know how to respond to that. That’s quite a leap, and I haven’t seen anyone say anything remotely like that.

Of course we were talking about race at the time, so I was saying  when it comes to race the show tried to represent the population.

I'm not going to search the threads for proof, but time after time I've heard shows described as very diverse when all they mean is very few, or no,  white people and someone on this BB board recently said their preference would be a cast of all black people.  To me "all black" means "no whites."

----------------------------

I don't know, I think if I was a black person and I read someone saying my ideal cast would be all white people it would hurt my feelings. but I guess I'm almost the only white person here who feels bad when I read complaints that too many whites are on a show, "I can't tell all the dumb blonds apart" (the Bachelor).  constant talk about how boring white people are, how awful it is that white guys keep winning reality shows.  Etc.  I wonder why it doesn't bother other white people to be called, boring, shallow, hard to tell apart, and all I can figure is most white  people reading those things think they're the exception and the negative stuff doesn't apply to them.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

What bothers me about this season, is that the non-members of the Cookout are paying for the sins of the horrible behaviors of some of the house guests in past seasons.  That isn't right.

TBH I don’t recall “right” or “fair” EVER being a significant factor in this game, much less a requirement.

juliechen-bigbrother.gif.21a41859cb9c6a3f974d1c086d3d4bc1.gif

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Nashville said:

TBH I don’t recall “right” or “fair” EVER being a significant factor in this game, much less a requirement.

It's also not a requirement that viewers have to look at game rules before forming an opinion.

It's probably not a requirement that people get out of bed for a certain number of hours each day but many people have complained about how much Derek F sleeps.

Isn't that what the show is about?  People are locked in a house and viewers get to watch them and talk about them?  

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

It's also not a requirement that viewers have to look at game rules before forming an opinion.

???  Not sure what (if anything) this has to do with my post - but while it’s not a requirement that a person knows the rules of football or hockey before they attend a match, an understanding of the basic ground rules would probably greatly enhance their appreciation of the proceedings.

It's probably not a requirement that people get out of bed for a certain number of hours each day but many people have complained about how much Derek F sleeps.

Actually there are (or have been in the past) requirements that HGs not sleep during the day, or penalties at least for doing so - but Production has a long and established track record of going soft on rules enforcement when it comes to their favorites.

Isn't that what the show is about?  People are locked in a house and viewers get to watch them and talk about them?  

Ummm… yeah, and I fail to see where any part of my single-sentence post refuted such a notion - so what’s your point?

@icemiser69 said penalizing a current crop of HGs for the sins of their BB game “fathers” wasn’t right, and I wasn’t agreeing OR disagreeing with him - just making an observation that moral judgments of “right” or “fair” aren’t necessarily a significant factor in BB.  
If you have an issue with that observation, then I’d love to hear it - but you’re really not making it clear exactly what your issue is.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I don't know, I think if I was a black person and I read someone saying my ideal cast would be all white people it would hurt my feelings. but I guess I'm almost the only white person here who feels bad when I read complaints that too many whites are on a show, "I can't tell all the dumb blonds apart" (the Bachelor).  constant talk about how boring white people are, how awful it is that white guys keep winning reality shows.  Etc.  I wonder why it doesn't bother other white people to be called, boring, shallow, hard to tell apart, and all I can figure is most white  people reading those things think they're the exception and the negative stuff doesn't apply to them.

I am a white person, and it doesn’t bother me at all when people want say they want less of me on a show. Too much of me IS boring. (Ask my husband.) It doesn’t mean they hate me or never want to see me again, it just means they want other people IN ADDITION to me. White guys always winning reality shows is like always having chicken for dinner. You may love chicken, you may think chicken is delicious, but you don’t want it every night. Sometimes you want some steak, or a good pork chop. That doesn’t mean you never want to eat chicken again. You just don’t want it all the time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

It doesn’t mean they hate me or never want to see me again, it just means they want other people IN ADDITION to me.

Are you sure about that?  I've heard people on this site say they would prefer an all black cast no "in addition" to it.

Do you believe that white people are intrinsically more boring than black people?  I don't see white people as chicken and black people as steak, I see people as  basically the same and equally likely to be boring or exciting and the amount of pigment in their skin has nothing to do with that.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Good thing then that the last eight winners have included

I was responding to a specific statement in a specific post.

7 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Are you sure about that?  I've heard people on this site say they would prefer an all black cast no "in addition" to it.

Do you believe that white people are intrinsically more boring than black people?  I don't see white people as chicken and black people as steak, I see people as  basically the same and equally likely to be boring or exciting and the amount of pigment in their skin has nothing to do with that.

I’ve only seen one post about an all-black season, but if that’s the post you’re referencing, I believe the desire was for a one-off thing, not a permanent change. 

Of course I don’t think one race is more intrinsically boring than the other. I never said that. I don’t think any race is more intrinsically anything. The steak and chicken metaphors were used as an illustration of diversity, which is all I am advocating for. Diversity in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, etc. All of these are important. But race has been the focus here, so that is what I was focusing on. 

But saying that people are the same is just not true. History has ensured that black people and white people have very different experiences in this country. That means different perspectives, different backgrounds, different things to share. That’s why diversity is so important. Taking the position that wanting (A) means not wanting (B) misses the point.

• Love 8