Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E28: Double Eviction #1

• Start Topic

Double eviction episodes always make me tense. I want Hannah to win the next HOH, nominate Alyssa and Xavier, have Alyssa win veto, and then put up Ky as replacement. I dislike X and Ky at this point.

impressed that Derek managed to get the word “evict” to come out today.

• Love 6

The first eviction:

Alyssa voted to evict Claire.

Hannah voted to evict Xavier.

Derek F sadly evict Claire.

Azah voted to evict Claire.

Kyland voted to evict Claire.

Must be Tiffani's son's birthday today.

Hannah's plan didn't quite work. No hugs and no whispers in Claire's ears.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Everyone in the Cookout: in and out of the bathroom with Hannah before the door can even swing shut.
Alyssa, after being the only one to get longer than 3 seconds and upon being told she's a pawn: "Do you think I'll go home?"

I dunno, maybe that "dim" zing wasn't that far off the mark.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Everyone in the Cookout: in and out of the bathroom with Hannah before the door can even swing shut.
Alyssa, after being the only one to get longer than 3 seconds and upon being told she's a pawn: "Do you think I'll go home?"

I dunno, maybe that "dim" zing wasn't that far off the mark.

Win that veto, Alyssa.

I’m cool with the idea of the Cookout but also hate when a big alliance rolls over everyone.

• Love 4
Just now, Michichick said:

I’m cool with the idea of the Cookout but also hate when a big alliance rolls over everyone.

Right? Most of me wants the Cookout to succeed in their F6 goals even though I'm like 95% sure of how that ends. But the Big Brother fan in me loves to see a plan get derailed at the last minute. It's the last chance for any spice to come into the game.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I can’t watch this comp, I muted it. I’m too tense!

Same. My heart is pounding waiting for veto. I feel like an idiot 😁

THEY DID IT!!! 

My heart. I'm too old for this. 😁😁

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4

There wasn't much doubt they were gonna pull it off when the last two comps (HoH and Veto) relied heavily on mental capabilities. Alyssa is too dumb to understand that being called dim is an insult...I don't think we had anything to be nervous about.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

And, with that, Alyssa's fate is almost officially sealed. But Alyssa is pretty much gone here.

And the Cookout has made history with being the first fully intact big alliance last in the house together (I'm pretty sure). 

At least we'll get about 3 weeks of exciting gameplay. Watching them all turn on each other and go for the throat should be enjoyable. 

• Love 2

Azah voted to evict Alyssa.

Tiffani voted to evict Alyssa.

Xavier voted to evict Kyland. !

Derek sadly evict Alyssa.

Julie looks like she is wearing an apron.

Good-bye Alyssa!

I wonder how they got those pictures of Alyssa up so fast.

Xavier really feels bad. I thought they'd be jumping around celebrating.

6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Xavier really feels bad. I thought they'd be jumping around celebrating.

I was impressed by this. I got the impression X was aware that Alyssa might be watching and it would be horrible for her to see them all dancing around and laughing, much like Tiffany would have felt if it was Claire. I thought it was respectful to hold off for a few minutes. 

For me, this was the most intense BB episode ever. I KNEW the end of this season wasn’t going to be boring. 

17 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

At least we'll get about 3 weeks of exciting gameplay. Watching them all turn on each other and go for the throat should be enjoyable. 

Yes. Well, I'm not sure I'd say enjoyable for me personally, but it sure will be intense and emotional. Since I hate to be bored, I'm thrilled. 

10 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Azah not realizing she was in the HOH competition made me laugh. 

Was she throwing it? What happened? And X definitely threw the HOH right? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

I was impressed by this. I got the impression X was aware that Alyssa might be watching and it would be horrible for her to see them all dancing around and laughing, much like Tiffany would have felt if it was Claire. I thought it was respectful to hold off for a few minutes. 

For me, this was the most intense BB episode ever. I KNEW the end of this season wasn’t going to be boring. 

Yes. Well, I'm not sure I'd say enjoyable for me personally, but it sure will be intense and emotional. Since I hate to be bored, I'm thrilled. 

Was she throwing it? What happened? And X definitely threw the HOH right? 

My guess is she thought she was eliminated and misheard the rules. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

THE COOKOUT:  [Celebrates the triumph of an alliance based on race and nothing but race]

JULIE:  Love one another.  But only if they're the right race, of course.

Seriously, they couldn't even give Alyssa three minutes of honesty, once X won the Veto and she was helpless?  They had to keep up the lies, to the bitter end?  (Nobody learned Jury Management from Josh?)

Screw this.  Buh-bye.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 7

So glad I watched this season.  I'm blown away.  It's really emotional.  It's like when I saw "Crazy Rich Asians"  (3 times? LOL) and "Black Panther" in the theatre.  I'm very overcome.

They're all so sweet to wish Tiffany's son a Happy Birthday.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I don't think it'll be exciting at all. We'll lose two more next week, leaving us at F4 which is the point where it grinds to a complete halt. Every alliance has a clear hierarchy and this one is no exception. While there is the potential (maybe? if they get rid of the sneeze guards on the lane?) of someone clown shoeing themselves in the second double, the odds aren't great for it. There may be some fireworks from Tiffany but we've only had one argument this season, this isn't a volatile cast. What we're heading for is three weeks of smug condescension from Xavier and Kyland and to watch the women go out one-two-three in a neat, orderly, and calm fashion.

...yay?

That's not to say I'm anti-Cookout, I've rooted for them all along, it's just that the game has been dull because of how good they've been at their strategy. I just like Taco Tuesday moments.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

So I have a question.  I sort of remember Julie telling the evicted houseguests in the past that there is an alliance they didn't know about.  Am I right or misremembering? 

She's not doing that this year. She's not telling them about the CO

Edited to Add:  I hate double eviction night.  It's never exciting.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

So I have a question.  I sort of remember Julie telling the evicted houseguests in the past that there is an alliance they didn't know about.  Am I right or misremembering? 

Yes, I noticed that too.

1 minute ago, NYGirl said:

You're correct.  Last season, she not only told the evictees about the existence of The Committee, but gave them a roll-call of the membership.

Which, btw, did not include runner-up Enzo.  (He had a personal alliance with Cody, but was not part of the larger group.  In fact, his 6-person alliance included Da'Vonne and Bayleigh.)  So the idea that a "white alliance" ran the House last season is disputable.  A non-alliance member made F2.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1