Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, Suzywriter said:

Totally off topic--why does nicer weather have to make this human feel as if she is covered with no-see-ums? 

Also, there are ants big enough to ride on appeared in my kitchen today. I'm ready to check into Super 8.

I think it’s going to be a banner year for carpenter ants.

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Totally off topic--why does nicer weather have to make this human feel as if she is covered with no-see-ums? 

Also, there are ants big enough to ride on appeared in my kitchen today. I'm ready to check into Super 8.

Ants are bad this year.  Have treated several times!   

• Like 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I never understood why people will do that.

At that point your body has had too much stress from giving birth and the older kids are just parents to the younger ones.

Yeah exactly. That happened to my dad. He was the youngest of 12, and mostly raised by his oldest siblings. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

It's tough out there, man, being a woman over about 55 trying to find someone decent to date who you get along with. I know whereof I speak, and I basically resigned from it some time ago. Although I am open to the universe surprising me. 

"Better to be alone than to wish you were." 

Same here!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

Couldn't the production crew help with her luggage?

My guess is that the driver of the van who loaded her luggage for her is a production team member, and I bet this is a re-enactment, and she's pushing a load of empty suitcases.   

Jen's hair streaks get worse every scene.    I wish we had a video of Rishi's mom telling him off about Jen, it wouldn't be as good as Mommy and Daddy Sumit, but I bet it was epic.    Jen needs to lay off the lip fillers too.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I want to stream it but don’t know where 

I have Xfinity and just watch Marie Antoinette Sunday nights on the free PBS station.  They are making a season 2 later this year. It is a canal+ production.  They also made the series Versailles about Louis XIV which I enjoyed.  It was 3 seasons and you can now watch on Netflix.  

• Like 2

Jen just said Rishi should have done his homework. Girl, please. Search engines exist for a reason.

Plus, you didn't have to accept his proposal.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, judylo said:

Same here!

Me too. I have a turtle. We've been together since 1987, and I think we are great together. We both love sardines, and share a can of the yummy little things for breakfast every day. How much more compatible could we be?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Same here. Recent nice weather I sat out on the balcony, which is nominally screened/glassed. Got no-see-um bites, even though I was covered. And I got the start of the ant invasion yesterday. It happens in the spring. Armies of them, but they are not large, ugh. I bought baits as they're effective but it's a nasty couple of weeks. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Are you in the Mid Atlantic states, those ants are the band of my husband 's existence.

I'm in Maine, where the ants should freeze to death, but they don't. They just come back bigger and stronger every year.. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4

I'm in MD and never dealt with ant invasions in MA or NH, where I'm from. I'm only thankful I have no roaches. Also the BEES here (at least around this residence) are bad, including wasps. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If only Jen had waited till the day that the astrologer picked. This crisis could have been averted.

I like how her coven abandoned her just when she really needs them, to comfort her, or, to put a curse on Rishi.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Tuneful said:

I'm in MD and never dealt with ant invasions in MA or NH, where I'm from. I'm only thankful I have no roaches. Also the BEES here (at least around this residence) are bad, including wasps. 

Ewww. I hear you, I'm in DC. The pests here are bad (not the politicians, the actual pests, LOL). 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Tuneful said:

Same here. Recent nice weather I sat out on the balcony, which is nominally screened/glassed. No-see-um bites, even though I was covered. And I got the start of the ant invasion yesterday. It happens in the spring. Armies of them, but they are not large, ugh. I bought baits as they're effective but it's a nasty couple of weeks. 

Mine are big! Big enough for me to see the stripes on their butts, and their little pick-up-jaws with the naked eye. They are like, a quarter inch long!

Today, I saw 2 fighting on the porch. It turns out that they weren't fighting. One was a winged queen, and when they got done with their hook-up, she RAN into the porch wall. GREAT!! A mated queen in the wall!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
Just now, Tuneful said:

Oh no!  I got swarmed last year and stung by 10 yellow jackets at once!  

• Mind Blown 7
18 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Debbie: I’ll have to work on myself…..

Me: Jessie DM’s her in 3….2…..1

Bingo square! 

• Like 1

Mine are big! Big enough for me to see the stripes on their butts, and their little pick-up-jaws with the naked eye. They are like, a quarter inch long!

Today, I saw 2 fighting on the porch. It turns out that they weren't fighting. One was a winged queen, and when they got done with their hook-up, she RAN into the porch wall. GREAT!! A mated queen in the wall!

Maybe an ant coronation!

• LOL 5

She thinks she's so wonderful and such a catch that not being young enough to give him children is not an issue, along with not wanting to live with the family, or learn the language - she's had 3 years.  But he is expected to screw his family over and run off with her old self.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Howdy to my neighbors! :-) Well, the pests are not as bad as my relatives had in FL. Or that I experienced in the basement of an old house on Capitol Hill, DC.

When our family lived PT in central NH for some years in the 1970s-80s, now that you mention it, my Mom found the ants a real battle. Not to mention the mosquitoes and black flies. When we lived in VA she got swarmed at the mailbox by wasps and nearly died (literally) from it. I wonder if, like other wildlife, fewer people going out from the pandemic has made them more aggressive. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Wasps...I have those too. Some are building a nest on the outside wall next to where birds built a nest in the porch light so I can't turn on the light without risking cooking babies, and I just couldn't live with doing that. 

The wasps, however, are getting powerwashed tomorrow. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1