Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

Zied went Live on IG (don’t judge me!) and introduced us to his friend who joined from Tunisia. All his friend did was smoke cigarettes and stare into the camera. 

This made me laugh so much.  That sounds creepy/intense.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
Just now, greekmom said:

because they speak English while the Amish speak Pennsylvanian Dutch.

Dutch, in this instance, comes from Deutsch.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
Just now, Frozendiva said:

Go to modern spots, like New Cairo. Last night’s W5 showed the modern Ethiopia, a far cry from Bini and Ari,

I saw W5 today.  While I can't believe that the woman was that sheltered, I do feel for her and hope she is able to be released

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I started watching The Last of Us on HBO last night. It’s okay, nothing terribly special thus far (except for the special effects), but I’m probably not the target demographic.

Same. Good cast tho.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, GrammyPammy said:

She recently graduated from college and is completing her first year as a high school teacher!

Oy vey. I read an article today that some English professor at Harvard couldn’t believe that his freshmen students don’t know what a subject and verb are.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, someone to work side by side with him in his butcher shop.  I noticed he used a notebook to keep his financials...I was in Oaxaca Mexico last week and it seemed every vendor I encountered also used a notebook to enter sales in, See Danielle, not so uncommon.  BTW, if ever any of you have the chance to go to Oaxaca go, do not hesitate, it is an amazing city, the food is insane, I tried corn fungus, tiny grasshoppers, corn juice, squash blossoms and some of the most incredible food ever, it is a beautiful city.  Gorgeous city.

corn fungus???

• Mind Blown 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I started watching The Last of Us on HBO last night. It’s okay, nothing terribly special thus far (except for the special effects), but I’m probably not the target demographic.

It was filmed in Alberta, so I also watch for locations used.

• Like 1
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

In Muslim countries like Egypt men and women aren’t friends openly. Men and women are often separated in social circles and gatherings. Perhaps Mahmoud can introduce Nicole to some of his friends’ wives.

I dont think that Nicole wanted to meet his friends to be friends with them. She wanted to know with whom her husband was hanging out. I think that is justifiable. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Maybe she hunted squirrels and then gutted them for dinner.  What else could an 8 year old need a knife like that for?

Reminds me of a quote in the Jennifer Lawrence movie “Winter’s Bone” when she is trying to feed her impoverished family and  teaches her younger brother how to disembowel a squirrel. He asks “do we eat those parts?” She replies “not yet…”

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I though it was Dutch?

"Dutch" mutated from "Deutsch", probably because it's easier for English speakers to say Dutch.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Oy vey. I read an article today that some English professor at Harvard couldn’t believe that his freshmen students don’t know what a subject and verb are.

Did you know Jazz goes to Harvard? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 6
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

See, why would any American woman sign up for that crap?

I think the adventurous Americans think they can change men who believe in these ways. Why would they want to change, though, it works for them.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I could just NEVER get into that kind of boring zombie shit.

Edited by Hotel Snarker
Accidental twofer
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

I saw W5 today.  While I can't believe that the woman was that sheltered, I do feel for her and hope she is able to be released

The drugs were sewn into the buttons. I would wonder why this dream man would fly me to Ethiopia and then Hong Kong. And buy me new clothes.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I watched most of the first episode and decided I didn't need another Walking Dead.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I hung my very first 5-light fixture today, on a 16' high ceiling. I used an extendable ladder that was given to me by my 84 year old mother! 

Oh my god, you’re a better woman than I.  I do all kinds of things around my house but a 16’ ceiling would scare me too much.  

• Like 3
Just now, endure said:

corn fungus??

Yes, it looked like a slice from an ear of corn with leaves, it was presented on a tortilla with mole, I tried it, I did not love it, same with corn juice, they flavor it with cacao and other things I did not understand and I did not love it either but the food without those things is amazing. Look up corn smut, I had that in a soup and I liked it.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, someone to work side by side with him in his butcher shop.  I noticed he used a notebook to keep his financials...I was in Oaxaca Mexico last week and it seemed every vendor I encountered also used a notebook to enter sales in, See Danielle, not so uncommon.  BTW, if ever any of you have the chance to go to Oaxaca go, do not hesitate, it is an amazing city, the food is insane, I tried corn fungus, tiny grasshoppers, corn juice, squash blossoms and some of the most incredible food ever, it is a beautiful city.  Gorgeous city.

Tiny grasshoppers? With...eyes?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, it looked like a slice from an ear of corn with leaves, it was presented on a tortilla with mole, I tried it, I did not love it, same with corn juice, they flavor it with cacao and other things I did not understand and I did not love it either but the food without those things is amazing. Look up corn smut, I had that in a soup and I liked it.

Yeah, I won't be looking up corn smut.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I also find it kind of meh. I started watching last week only because I realized Pedro Pascal played Oberyn Martell. 

• Like 2

If you whole life depended on things going well, you should have freaking planned ahead like almost everyone else does.

If he can plan a sex change operation, surely he could have made sure to send his stuffed sock penis.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I knew a professor at Princeton in the American Studies Dept.  During an exam a History Major came up to him and said "what is "w (initial) w(initial) I (eye). WWI.  This is true, this was 20 or so years ago, these folks are in charge now.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

If you whole life depended on things going well, you should have freaking planned ahead like almost everyone else does.

If he can plan a sex change operation, surely he could have made sure to send his stuffed sock penis.

It’s called making a list.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I swear...none of these people know how to solve a problem with a smile! Borrow the money from family, get the stamps shipped over in about a week, pay the family back from the money you make from your Winky bloomers. Solved.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Emmeline said:
23 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I hung my very first 5-light fixture today, on a 16' high ceiling. I used an extendable ladder that was given to me by my 84 year old mother! 

Oh my god, you’re a better woman than I.  I do all kinds of things around my house but a 16’ ceiling would scare me too much.  

Yikes! I get vertigo. Plus I’m 67, broken hip would be a nightmare. I hope your mother doesn’t still climb up on that ladder…

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
10 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I thought that at first too but now I'm caught up and love the show!

• Like 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

Why do the Amish call Americans "the English"?

Currently anyone who isn't Amish is called "English", it's pretty much calling us all outsiders because we're not part of their faith, and beliefs.      Remember Pennsylvania Dutch is actually Deutsch.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I've had them before, mostly they are crispy and salty. It is a big thing there.

OMG...having a squeam attack! They have....little jawbones...and fingers...oh, dear, they have,,,,knees! Talk me off of this ledge!

• Like 1