Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
4 minutes ago, Rebky said:

When I moved to California from Kentucky, everyone's first question - without fail and it didn't matter if they were black, white, hispanic - was how many horses I had. Ignorance.

I get that with Minnesota - "Do you fall into any of the 10,000 lakes?" 

I grew up in Utah (but left as soon as I could). Can anyone guess what question I was always asked??

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m in the midst of watching The Staircase. I didn’t know the story before I started watching it. 

Is it good? I love Colin Firth.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Rebky said:

When I moved to California from Kentucky, everyone's first question - without fail and it didn't matter if they were black, white, hispanic - was how many horses I had. Ignorance.

That is absolutely stereotypical and embarrassing. I would have said NUNYA!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I mean, look at Pattie Boyd, who inspired some of the greatest love songs ever written "Something" by George Harrison and "Layla" by Eric Clapton. (We'll just forget about "Wonderful Tonight"). Maybe Daveed wants to do an Eric Clapton and get at her himself. 

I maintain that he has a secret crush on Jabroni and Miona is his love rival.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Adeejay said:

These Progressive commercials with Jon Hamm are sending me.  Could watch them all day.  Program?  What program?

Shaeeda keeps saying that she has to prove this and that to Bilal.  In the meantime, he doesn't have to prove anything to her because he is perfect.  I no longer feel sorry for her. 

Trivia- Flo was in the first season of Madmen. 

• Mind Blown 2
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Daveed keeps whining that Miona is distracting Jibri, but Daveed is the one who Will. Not. Shut. Up. About. Her. Why does no one call him on this? 

Daveeed is a Serbian immigrant himself.  He had to have been around Miona many times before this, since he and Jabroni traveled to toured Serbia together.  Maybe he thinks that Miona is just some Serbian knock-around girl or gold digger (although Jabroni has no gold), and that's why he has a somewhat visceral reaction to her.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Emmeline said:
17 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Hi all! Summer is finally arriving tomorrow where I live. Friday was in the 60’s, tomorrow will be 93. 

It’s the same where I am.  It’s been really cool here and for the next week or so it’s going up into the 90’s.

I’m in Texas. It has been 103 degrees the past two days.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Fire 3
  • Love 1

Emily is stressed? Why? And you don’t have to “plan a wedding” you just have to get married. Go to the courthouse and then take a year to plan your amazing wedding...you’ll need time to find a dress with your boob exposed so Kobin can nurse all thru the ceremony.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I would have asked how much liquor you have in the trunk. 😉

I have the world's finest bourbon in my hand right now. You are more than welcome to join me in a sip. 😘

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I still remember my young classmate bring annoyed and explaining she was from Senegal…which is in Africa, and Africa is huge. Thirty years later and I’m still embarrassed 😂 

My issue is when full grown adults compain about "African tribes killing each other" like Africans are a monolith and not hundreds of different cultures. They then dont bat an eye at Euopean countries right next to each other, like Germany and france, fighting  war after war with each other.  They see european cultures as separate ones but Africans are seen as the all being the same.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, kacesq said:
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m in the midst of watching The Staircase. I didn’t know the story before I started watching it. 

Is it good? I love Colin Firth.

I think it’s really good. There is a documentary, also titled The Staircase, that you should watch afterward.

• Love 5

Hmph. I notice Kobe didn't say their fights  didn't ruin their "fun" moments together, just 'whatever" moments. I bet he didn't enjoy that horse ride. Or Emily saying she's like a proud parent.

• Love 4

Kobe can't provide for anyone at this time. No Green Card.

Yeah, Ems, you are getting married for the sake of getting married. If you didn't have a kid with Kobe, you would not be marrying him.

• Love 7
Just now, JennyMominFL said:

My issue iswhen full grown adults compain about "African tribes killing each other" like Africans are a monolith and not hundreds of different cultures. They then dont bat an eye at Euopean countries right next to each other, like Germany and france, fighting  war after war with each other.  They see european cultures as separate one but Africans are seen as the all being the same.

They are very Eurocentric about that shit, for sure. It’s like the instances where white people pay attention to Europeans trying to get out of Ukraine but those same people turn their backs to people of color trying to leave Ukraine.

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Where is Areola and her Stankaroe leggings tonight? 

SSSSSHHHHHHHH!

1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Emily is stressed? Why? And you don’t have to “plan a wedding” you just have to get married. Go to the courthouse and then take a year to plan your amazing wedding...you’ll need time to find a dress with your boob exposed so Kobin can nurse all thru the ceremony.

I say this every fucking time. Go to the courthouse! 

And hey, stupid dumbfuck Emily's dad, KOBE IS HERE ON A FIANCE VISA. He's here to get married! Sweet tap dancing Jesus. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Rebky said:

I have the world's finest bourbon in my hand right now. You are more than welcome to join me in a sip. 😘

I loveee bourbon ! I used to work in a hotel and tourists would ask where the closest mall is since all they brought is Winter clothing…to Southern Ontario….in July

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

They are very Eurocentric about that shit, for sure. It’s like the instances where white people pay attention to Europeans trying to get out of Ukraine but those same people turn their backs to people of color trying to leave Ukraine.

Yup horrible.I have been watching that play out.

• Sad 3
  • Love 1

Is Emily's mom forgetting the last 17 months that Covid's been alive plus the 9 months he was cooking in Emily?  This is not "the beginning" of Kobe and Emily's relationship.

• Love 5