Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, renatae said:

Hi, everyone! I actually made it! Hope all are well!

Sumit's mother is acting like a shrew. Mocking her while she attempts to cook in a language she does not understand. Then outright lying, saying she had no interest in learning how to cook. Expecting her to already know rules you haven't attempted to teach her yet. "You need to learn this that and the other," as if with time she won't catch on. Well, you have to be willing to teach and not act as if she is hopeless.

I'm not a big fan of Jenny, but I think this is cruel. And I don't care about "tradition" or "this is custom here." It's just plain wrong. I really hate when people who have been put through traumatic traditional customs take the attitude "I had to endure it and now so do you."

Jenny deserves it.

Sorry

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I knew Father Sumit speaks perfect  English. I was wondering why he was being silent all this time. He throws better shade than his wife. 

Neither man can speak up; Mean Mouth Mama is the mother of one and the wife of the other. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ha ha ha....no.  My hubs has been involved in gunsmithing for over 45 years, has a side hustle.  Our lower level of our house is his shop.  He looked at Tim's store and.....was not impressed.

giphy.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

email, text over wifi, WhatsApp... 

so many ways for people to get in touch with you without "social media accounts"

Seriously! and why doesn't he have a cell  phone? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My 600 Pound Life is back? Oh joy! I miss the Wednesday night live chats. I have no life. 

Yes, it comes back on 10 November, on Wednesdays (in case I got the date wrong).    I bet the first episode, or the first few are leftovers from last season that weren't completed on time to air last season.   I'm hoping for a lot of success stories.

Jenny claims she wants to be Sumit's wife, and that's being the mother-in-law's house keeper, cook, and everything else in the household, under the supervision of the mother-in-law.     

I'm loving this with Mama and Papa Sumit.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, tvrox said:

Seriously! and why doesn't he have a cell  phone? 

I think he claimed not to have an international plan on his phone.  But that's what wifi is for when you're traveling.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, renatae said:

Hi, everyone! I actually made it! Hope all are well!

Sumit's mother is acting like a shrew. Mocking her while she attempts to cook in a language she does not understand. Then outright lying, saying she had no interest in learning how to cook. Expecting her to already know rules you haven't attempted to teach her yet. "You need to learn this that and the other," as if with time she won't catch on. Well, you have to be willing to teach and not act as if she is hopeless.

I'm not a big fan of Jenny, but I think this is cruel. And I don't care about "tradition" or "this is custom here." It's just plain wrong. I really hate when people who have been put through traumatic traditional customs take the attitude "I had to endure it and now so do you."

I'm on your team. Jenny's mistakes do not justify evil, abusive tricks like being warmly smiled at while someone releases a string of hostile, inaccurate insults in another language.  Abuse is never ok unless it's against Ed.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, it comes back on 10 November, on Wednesdays (in case I got the date wrong).    I bet the first episode, or the first few are leftovers from last season that weren't completed on time to air last season.   I'm hoping for a lot of success stories.

Jenny claims she wants to be Sumit's wife, and that's being the mother-in-law's house keeper, cook, and everything else in the household, under the supervision of the mother-in-law.     

I'm loving this with Mama and Papa Sumit.   

I wish Mama knew English. Ohhhh the shade she would throw Jenny and no subtitles

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

I think he claimed not to have an international plan on his phone.  But that's what wifi is for when you're traveling.

But he's just lying again. He opens his mouth and lies fall out, as easily as breathing. 

1 minute ago, Trackdawg said:

giphy.gif

If this is a fairy tale, its one of those old school Brothers Grimm ones, with serious bad guys and terrible consequences. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, renatae said:

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

And they may be a month into their 90 days in Turkey, and they haven't begun any of the administrative processes that the lawyer laid out to get married.  

The worst part for us is that they were one of the more promising storylines for this season.  

She can't even think of marrying him without laughing/crying! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Ari better not lose it on Bini for going to a religious/cultural event. I have no doubt she will, though.

Of course she will. Why should Bini want to observe a holiday with his friends and family when Ari might need to lecture him?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

Bini: "I just wanted to be with my friends."

Ari: "What does that even mean, friends?"

"You can't spell "a friend" without Ari, so you shouldn't have friends when I'm not there. "

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7