Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E24: Power of Veto #8

• Start Topic

This is the first time I've felt really bad for SB. You can see she's getting crushed by the game, convinced no one in or out of the house likes her. She knows things don't make sense but can't figure out why. There really is nothing she can do. 

And as bad as she thinks it is, it's worse. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 6

I don't feel too bad for SB despite the waterworks. She was in a position of power last week (well she thought she was at any rate) and she was happy to backdoor Derek and put him up against Claire.  At least she had a chance to play Veto unlike Derek.  Suck it up cupcake.  It's a game!!!

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Love 14

So the gloves come off and the claws come out ! You do something a woman doesn't like & you'll feel the fury. Sounded like Tiffany would enjoy ripping Ky a new one. He might be the 1st one out of the CO alliance, once everyone else in the game is gone, that is.

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

This is the first time I've felt really bad for SB. You can see she's getting crushed by the game, convinced no one in or out of the house likes her. She knows things don't make sense but can't figure out why. There really is nothing she can do. 

The movie experience humanized her.

• Love 1

I've read suggestions here and there that the pawns will simply shrug off being used as game play. I don't think so...I think some will be so  hurt that they might not even speak to The Cookout member who proffesses to feel so bad, holds them in their arms but yet lies out the other side of their mouth basically claiming "they have no choice"-wrong. Everyone has a choice and the entire Cookout can't win the three quarters of a million dollars.

DId I miss something? I don't remember Chaddah sitting next to "her person" and this never comes up but the editing early in the season seemed to indicate Chaddah was folded into The Cookout well after the others as I recall speculation on the board as to why she was not part of that group despite her ethnicity. I wonder if she even knows she was "picked last for the team"? Seeing her all indignant tonight reminded me of that.

I feel bad the pawns are playing their hearts out to win and their game has been DOA for weeks now but they just don't know it.

Why is the annoucer hyping up how "an epic endurance competition" might derail The Cookout's game? Even if Alyssa wins it...she'll just take orders from X to put up Clair and I suppose Tiffany if Tiffany puts her money where her mouth is and sits next to clair instead of lobbying for Derek F to take a nomination.

Slightly off topic but the news the cast of another upcoming CBS reality show is ALL returning players made my high interest suddenly nose dive. Returning players and their knowing each other can wreck a season....just witness BIG BROTHER last year when the obnoxious Derreck basically set up the final three because they knew each other and were encouraged to work together.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 4

40 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

DId I miss something? I don't remember Chaddah sitting next to "her person"

Hannah didn't sit next to DX because SB was the hoh. CO couldn't fully control the nominations.

However, when a CO member is hoh they know to nominate a CO with their +1. The +1 being the target.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

There's something about Kyland that bugs the shit out of me. I think it's the way he tries to say something but just talks around it, trying to sound intelligent or something.

That's exactly it. When Kyland won his second HOH, useless crybaby Azah was there whinging, and Kyland told her to chill out. The thing is, Ky used about 35+ words in one LONG run-on sentence. 35 words in a single sentence, just to tell someone else to chill out. He is one of those people who talk in circles and take for-fuckin'-ever to get to the point.

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that Kyland is so bloody rambling and long-winded, people on the receiving end forget what the conversation was even about. People can take a power-nap or a nice hot bath, and he would still trying to get to his point (likely because he's simply forgotten what his own point was). It's exhausting dealing with this type at work; I could not imagine 53 days listening to Kyland.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations, Clueless Claire!  By taking too long to realize that letting "Tiffy Toes" run your HoH is not good for your game, you have sealed SB's fate, and won the coveted (?) title of Last Honky Standing!  Yay!

Of course, you're now in eligible to play for HoH, and can't protect yourself by winning the "epic battle of endurance" that is (likely) the Slip N Slide, which might last a whole 25 minutes before Xavier claims the win.  But as long as we get lots of shots of Derek FatAss falling down, it's all good, right?  (Dear Grodner:  Body positivity is part of being "woke".  Just so you know.)

And so, barring a Veto miracle, Claire will get evicted, completing Operation White Out.  And then only Alyssa will stand in the way of the Ra6 Alliance's moment of glory.  Yay?

Dear Tiffany,

You're on national TV.  Stop with the gutter language in the DR.  You stupid [redacted].

I mean, I curse like anything.  (Check some of my posts.)  But when I know I might be heard by someone who might be offended (such as at work), I use more discretion.  (Try "fudge".  It starts with "fu" and it references something brown and fungible, so it's somewhat of a double-duty substitute, IMO.)

Because in a national TV audience, there's bound to be someone (or a whole lot of someones) who cringed listening to you.  Bleeps or no.  So shut the fudge up.

Love,

HH

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that Kyland is so bloody rambling and long-winded, people on the receiving end forget what the conversation was even about. People can take a power-nap or a nice hot bath, and he would still trying to get to his point (likely because he's simply forgotten what his own point was). It's exhausting dealing with this type at work; I could not imagine 53 days listening to Kyland.

Perhaps he's an energy vampire.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I think it started to hit her when she was getting the lowest BB Bucks amount from viewers each week. Seems like she thought viewers would be rooting for her and it hit her hard when she found out that wasn't true.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

That's exactly it. When Kyland won his second HOH, useless crybaby Azah was there whinging, and Kyland told her to chill out. The thing is, Ky used about 35+ words in one LONG run-on sentence. 35 words in a single sentence, just to tell someone else to chill out. He is one of those people who talk in circles and take for-fuckin'-ever to get to the point.

Someone I know was told, "are you going to keep circling this thing, or are you going to land it"?  😅  He was a little shocked, but became forever aware of how he tells stories. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Do we know for sure Claire can't compete for HoH this week? That makes zero sense. If she's the "secret" HoH then the moment she doesn't compete for the next HoH everyone will know she was the "secret" HoH, thus nullifying the purpose of her being a "secret" HoH. Am I missing something?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Everyone must know who the secret hoh is right? They have literally nothing else to think or talk about in that house . I’m sure they figured it out. 

Also: that movie did not look good . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Maya said:

Also: that movie did not look good . 

You're right, they must have guessed. 

After 50+ days without TV, radios or Internet I'm sure I'd watch absolutely anything and probably love it, especially if it had music 😁

• Love 3

Kyland  certainly can turn a short story into a two volume novel,  but boy when he's comforting SB, he is so gentle and tender and looks so  handsome, my ice cold heart just melts away.  He's going to be the best husband and father some day.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Do we know for sure Claire can't compete for HoH this week? That makes zero sense. If she's the "secret" HoH then the moment she doesn't compete for the next HoH everyone will know she was the "secret" HoH, thus nullifying the purpose of her being a "secret" HoH. Am I missing something?

1. Could depend on if the HGs compete for the next HoH individually, or as a group; given Production’s “epic battle of endurance” buildup for the comp, though, I’d expect it to be a group competition.
  2. Claire can’t win the next HoH comp, true - but given the nature of the “secret HoH”, that doesn’t necessarily mean she can’t compete.  There may be an “understanding” between Claire and Production that she has to either (a) pursue an HoH-exclusive route (following a “go for the money” option rather than a “win HoH” option), (b) drop before the end of the comp, or (c) be disqualified for whatever reason.
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Are you suggesting production would help 'rig' a HoH comp?? Scandalous!! 😲

It’s not a rig if Production arranged it in the first place.  Kinda like how if Microsoft documents a an Issue in its software, it immediately transforms from a “bug” to a “feature”.  😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dear Evan Hansen is a musical that deals with themes like mental health and suicide, whose main character goes to high school. So, having a fun, light high school-themed Veto (including photoshopping a cast onto someone's arm, which is a major plot point of the show) to tie into the movie was bizarre, considering it's not a happy, fun musical. I wish they had done a Veto that had nothing to do with the movie.

• Useful 1