Type keyword(s) to search

S03: Week 5: August 1, 2021-August 6, 2021

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Note to Andre, it’s better to sit quietly and be thought the fool, than to clap and remove all doubt.

Clapping upon Cocky Cash's elimination... Andre is the voice of my people. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, nichelle said:

Ah well. I guess I'm one of the few, perhaps only one, here who is disappointed to see Cash go. While she is a flawed human being like the rest of them, I actually enjoyed her presence on the show more than some other islanders. Judging by the app respondents, many others did as well. 

Cash has a lot of life lessons to learn (which I would expect with a 20 something) but I didn't see her as someone who was intentionally mean or who intentionally mistreated others. Did she screw up? Sure. I just think she has the capacity to learn. And I enjoy that she's confident enough to express herself and be who she is, warts and all. When others were calling her arrogant and stating that she imagined that Cinco was into her, he really was. 

All in all, I think she's a good human being who will continue to learn and become the person she envisions herself to be. She's not there yet which is a lesson. But she has great potential.

I never thought Cash was a bad person, just annoying as hell, and kind of a know it all when it comes to relationships--hers and others'-- when she really didn't know it all.  And I won't miss her squealing either.  

She reminded me a lot of Cely from last season, which is not a good thing.   

• Love 4
4 hours ago, plotpointer said:

I don't think Korey is interested in women period. He seems more interested in Jeremy. 

I think you might be on to something there, although I don't think the feeling is reciprocated.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

4 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Note to Andre, it’s better to sit quietly and be thought the fool, than to clap and remove all doubt.

Clapping upon Cocky Cash's elimination... Andre is the voice of my people. 

My interpretation of the clap, was that Andre was clapping FOR Cash. Like great job, sad to see you go clap. Thinking soccer, and he is a soccer player, how when an injured player has to leave the pitch, but gets up and limps off, after playing their hardest. Fans clap in support. That kind of thing. Anyone else?

However clapping in America has a different meaning, and slow clap means something else too. I think it’s a cultural misunderstanding but damn it was funny!

• Useful 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I didn’t watch Laid Bare, but saw this and others on the post confirmed it. Cash can eff off. There’s some debate if she was joking or serious, but it’s pretty straightforward that Charlie didn’t find it funny and was turned off, to which Cash did nothing to apologize. Nobody needs to be this arrogant or self absorbed. 

51433B66-1FBD-4E55-B0D0-DE0C7A4E99AC.jpeg

She really was smelling herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

As for Cash, it seems like she sabotaged her relationship with Charlie, whether subconsciously or on purpose, so she could pursue Cinco without scrutiny of the show, the other islanders, or the public.  Once things aren't going too well in the villa, it has got to be a relief to get out of there.  She didn't look too miserable to be leaving.  I truly wish all these people well in their journey.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I never thought Cash was a bad person, just annoying as hell, and kind of a know it all when it comes to relationships--hers and others'-- when she really didn't know it all.  

Cash was my favorite from the first day but her behavior towards Charlie and Cinco disappointed me. The person I think needs to go ASAP is shannon. I find her moods to be unstable.

• Love 2

If she hadn't started acting like Queen Cash and instead developed a relationship with Charlie, she very well could have won the money.  Then once the show was over they could have had a friendly parting of the ways (like apparently Justine and Caleb did), then she could have reunited with Cinco, if that's what he wanted.  And even if he didn't want it, at least she would have had some Cash.

Show title notwithstanding, I never got the impression that any of these contestants were necessarily looking for twu wuv, they just want a nice relationship with someone with both of them understanding that they want to win the money.  Now if they win the money and continue the relationship after the show, then that's great. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Cash was my favorite from the first day but her behavior towards Charlie and Cinco disappointed me. The person I think needs to go ASAP is shannon. I find her moods to be unstable.

I guess I wanted to forget about her ASAP, but Shannon is gone.  She left with Josh because, unfortunately, he got word that his sister died. 

11 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Perhaps you missed the previous episode. Shannon did leave! Unfortunately Josh’s sister suddenly passed away, and Shannon left with him.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Totally understandable re: Cash.

As for the next to go, are you referring to Trina? There have been some worries about the impact of this experience on her mental health. Shannon was definitely low on my list of likeable people. But she has already exited.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, nichelle said:

Totally understandable re: Cash.

As for the next to go, are you referring to Trina? There have been some worries about the impact of this experience on her mental health. Shannon was definitely low on my list of likeable people. But she has already exited.

I just found that out. I am so choked because somehow my TV did not record that episode. I am thrilled that Shannon's gone and yes Trina should be next too. feel like she's gone through a lot and I feel bad for her.

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Perhaps you missed the previous episode. Shannon did leave! Unfortunately Josh’s sister suddenly passed away, and Shannon left with him.

Oh, how sad. I was hoping she was voted off. But that's sad if that's the case.

Edited by Chalby
19 hours ago, nichelle said:

All in all, she's a good human being who will continue to learn and become the person she envisions herself to be. She's not there yet which is a lesson. But she has great potential

I really enjoyed Cash up to the end. As well, she was a popular (and sought out) friend to everyone at the Villa. I think she became too confident when America voted her and korey as one of the few couples to stay. She didn't expect that and I think it went to her head.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I really enjoyed Cash up to the end. As well, she was a popular (and sought out) friend to everyone at the Villa. I think she became too confident when America voted her and korey as one of the few couples to stay. She didn't expect that and I think it went to her head.

Yes, and I wish she'd handled the Cinco/Charlie thing differently. I saw some very early feedback about her being cocky and thought then that she wasn't. I thought it was confidence and self-assurance that, if shown by a male or a more traditional member of society, wouldn't have garnered a second thought. And that was pre-Charlie. I'd like her to keep her confidence but to consider others a bit more and be more self aware.

I also think what is key is what the other islanders thought of her. They are the ones who were around her 24 hours a day. We would get a concentrated recap of her behavior, whether it was shrieking or being cocky. But if they enjoyed their time with her and felt she was a true friend, I'll take that over any other perspectives. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The most popular people in any situation are not necessarily the best people.  Cash is not a bad person or anything, but she took actions that then had consequences.  It's clear that she hurt Charlie.  How many times again and again did he say that once he's burned, he doesn't really feel the same about a person after that.  It's totally understandable.  He doesn't stay with people who hurt him or take things too far.  Cash also made a little group that had plans to break up couples on the island.  Cash also strung along Charlie while bringing up Cinco in almost every conversation.  For some reason Cash is insanely popular on social media, so I think it's totally natural and understandable that not all of us think the shine suns out of her ass.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The most popular people in any situation are not necessarily the best people.  Cash is not a bad person or anything, but she took actions that then had consequences.  It's clear that she hurt Charlie.  How many times again and again did he say that once he's burned, he doesn't really feel the same about a person after that.  It's totally understandable.  He doesn't stay with people who hurt him or take things too far.  Cash also made a little group that had plans to break up couples on the island.  Cash also strung along Charlie while bringing up Cinco in almost every conversation.  For some reason Cash is insanely popular on social media, so I think it's totally natural and understandable that not all of us think the shine suns out of her ass.

LOL I'm not one who thinks the sun shines out of her ass. My perspective isn't solely based on popularity but I do give more credence to people who are around someone 24/7 with first hand experience vs those who are on the outside looking in. I'm referring to the other islanders; not viewers, social media, message boards or anything else. If the other islanders come out and say that she was an ass, that would actually be interesting to hear. Now, I don't blame Charlie one bit. He did what was best for his heart and/or his game.

I don't expect everyone to feel that way that I do. These are opinions and perceptions, after all. We don't agree and there's nothing wrong with that.

Editing to add one more thought: The extreme reactions either way are odd to me. But, then again, maybe that is what contributes to her popularity and ratings. I've seen statements ranging from people vowing to not watch anymore now that she is gone to others saying her choice of dress for the last episode was a deliberate message to Charlie in order to make him feel bad about choosing a white woman over a black one. Because, you know, I guess people can read her thoughts. Good grief.

Edited by nichelle
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, nichelle said:

Now, I don't blame Charlie one bit. He did what was best for his heart and/or his game.

I like Charlie because he has a great bullshit detector. He also said something very telling to Cash: "when something is off you can just feel it"

• Love 9

I have zero extreme reaction towards Cash unless that "extreme reaction" is I think that people on social media are psychotic towards this show.  Everyone here seems pretty damn reasonable.  Cash just isn't Queen of the World, that's not an extreme opinion lol I think it's a pretty calm and normal one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

We all think we are the protagonist in our story but Cash sometimes take it too far, not considering other people's feelings.

In one of the earlier episodes, I remember Cash confronting Trina about how "disrespectful" she was for going behind her back to pursue Cinco. But later down the road, Cash did the same thing to Trina. Within the context of the game/show, I think neither was wrong nor "disrespectful" for doing it both times. So I didn't like how Cash or some contestants throw around the word "disrespectful" without understanding what it actually means and when they actually meant the person did something they did not like. Lol.

Another time Cash was also wrapped up in her own drama and being insensitive was when she kept talking about her dilemma between Charlie and Cinco TO Charlie. No one in Charlie's position wants to hear that! Charlie even told her directly that he was tired of their conversation surrounding Cinco, but Cash didn't get the hint, because once again she was only focused on what was going on with her. Nor did she get the hint that Cinco was never truly into her. If he really liked her, he would not have done ALL that.

Cash seems like a fun and sweet friend, that you can count on to be sympathetic and hype you up when you need it. And she is good at expressing herself so that is part of her charm. If you are willing to endure all the drama and self-absorbedness in the long run, I guess.

• Sad 1
  • Love 11

Cash readily admitted that she wanted Cinco more than Charlie, so I don’t understand how anyone on Twitter can be mad at Charlie for moving on when he did. Every conversation with Cash involved Cinco, so of course he moved on. I think if he was smart and in it for the money, he would have stuck with Cash, but the fact that he didn’t makes me respect him a bit more. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I don't blame Charlie a bit... she left him twisting in the wind for days and when they did speak it was all about Cinco. Good for him! It's tough to basically be ghosted when stuck in a villa with people you don't know. Like she was so special that any time she decided to sashay back to him he should be jumping for joy?? Screw that noise. Go Charlie!

I'm happy to see that the new girls didn't get sent home, even if it meant Korey once again stepping aside so Jeremy could be with the girl Korey liked better (and who even said he was her #1!). At this point I'm not sure if Korey just can't pull the trigger or if he just has no ability to express to a girl that he's into them and make them believe it?

• Love 8
16 hours ago, nichelle said:

LOL I'm not one who thinks the sun shines out of her ass. My perspective isn't solely based on popularity but I do give more credence to people who are around someone 24/7 with first hand experience vs those who are on the outside looking in. I'm referring to the other islanders; not viewers, social media, message boards or anything else. If the other islanders come out and say that she was an ass, that would actually be interesting to hear. Now, I don't blame Charlie one bit. He did what was best for his heart and/or his game.

I don't expect everyone to feel that way that I do. These are opinions and perceptions, after all. We don't agree and there's nothing wrong with that.

Editing to add one more thought: The extreme reactions either way are odd to me. But, then again, maybe that is what contributes to her popularity and ratings. I've seen statements ranging from people vowing to not watch anymore now that she is gone to others saying her choice of dress for the last episode was a deliberate message to Charlie in order to make him feel bad about choosing a white woman over a black one. Because, you know, I guess people can read her thoughts. Good grief.

Was anything ever said about Cash and Trina wearing the same dress?

45 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I don't blame Charlie a bit... she left him twisting in the wind for days and when they did speak it was all about Cinco. Good for him! It's tough to basically be ghosted when stuck in a villa with people you don't know. Like she was so special that any time she decided to sashay back to him he should be jumping for joy?? Screw that noise. Go Charlie!

I'm happy to see that the new girls didn't get sent home, even if it meant Korey once again stepping aside so Jeremy could be with the girl Korey liked better (and who even said he was her #1!). At this point I'm not sure if Korey just can't pull the trigger or if he just has no ability to express to a girl that he's into them and make them believe it?

Whoever casts for these shows needs to step up their games. Whatever they saw in this cast in tryouts needed some confirmation that these people can actually interact with the opposite sex (or same sex if they go that route). Stop casting guys who are shy and reserved women who need the man to make the first move. Get people who are gregarious and outgoing who are direct and know how to communicate. They already made this series shorter than other country versions, so they really can’t wait to see if people are going to come out of their shells. 

• Love 4

I'm cracking up at Korey and Olivia lying to each other and to the viewers about how they were so attracted to each other the moment they first laid eyes on each other! 🤣  I can't blame them for trying to win the money though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2