Type keyword(s) to search

S03: Week 5: August 1, 2021-August 6, 2021

• Start Topic

Just now, Crashcourse said:

Dammit, I think Charlie's gonna pick Cash, or maybe Korey will save her.  I want her and Olivia gone.   

I want Cash gone most. She is too extra.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yeah it's pathetic that it took me this long to figure it out, but I now see that Korey is deliberately never choosing anyone and making any decisions ever because he doesn't want to dump anyone.  He WANTS to be dumped.  Not from the island per se, he just doesn't want to be the decision maker or the bad guy.

What a nice person Olivia is.  Olivia to Bailey:  "Korey only talked to you last night because he was freaking out over my date with Andre.  And Andre is the best guy ever."

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yesssssssssssss!!!!!  Charlie's got balls!  He got sick of her shit!  I'm so glad he picked Alana.

Buh bye Queen Cashay.  *snerk*

I love Charlie now.

And now she's spinning it that she really wanted to leave anyway so she could get back with Cinco. Whatever.  I'm just glad she's gone.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Sad 1
  • Love 13

Korey picked Olivia and then everything fell apart from there! Andre and Trina?! Have we ever seen them speak? Jeremy gets Bailey by default! Well, now we got rid of Shannan and Cash back to back. It’s going to be quiet in the house! I voted for Charlie and Alana because I’m getting sick of the OGs. I was actually planning on voting for Korey and Bailey, but he lost my vote by choosing Olivia. 

Almost forgot the best part! Andre’s sad slow clap when Charlie chose Alana! Everyone is in tears and shock about losing Cash and he’s just looking around like why is no one else clapping? Lol!

Now that they’re off TV, any chance Cinco will take her back?

Oh, and for the rumor of Andre being married, I guess he explained that—he met and married (and possibly divorced??) someone all within 5 months??

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yesssssssssssss!!!!!  Charlie's got balls!  He got sick of her shit!  I'm so glad he picked Alana.

Buh bye Queen Cashay.  *snerk*

I love Charlie now.

And now she's spinning it that she really wanted to leave anyway so she could get back with Cinco. Whatever.  I'm just glad she's gone.

I wish I could give you the heart icon ten times for this.  Good riddance, Cash.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Cash to Kyra:  You wanna come outside? You can chat with us too.

Wow, they included the peasant girl among their Mean Girls circle.  🙄  Lucky Kyra.  Gets to listen to Cash talk about how fucking bomb she is and how no man sees it. 

I started out really really enjoying this season, but man things have really dragged down.  No more Javonny, no more Cinco, I'm still annoyed that Wes, the hottest guy left, and even Isaiah, was that his name?  LOL.  I think so?  Now every night I'm kind of just staring at the clock waiting for this to be over.

It's not that I WANT producer machinations to happen on reality shows but uh....... sometimes it's worth it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

So I guess Korey knew Bailey was more interested in Jeremy so that's why Korey basically  handed her off to him?  

But Bailey said like 400x she was more interested in Korey.

Wow, Charlie seems really broken-hearted.  Still waters run deep.  He's like a romantic hero........

Fuck Trina LOL talking shit on Charlie.   Fuck off

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I love Charlie now.

Oh my GOD.  I was feeling bad for Cash but NOT ANYMORE THAT I'M HEARING THESE LAST FEW MINUTES.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ah well. I guess I'm one of the few, perhaps only one, here who is disappointed to see Cash go. While she is a flawed human being like the rest of them, I actually enjoyed her presence on the show more than some other islanders. Judging by the app respondents, many others did as well. 

Cash has a lot of life lessons to learn (which I would expect with a 20 something) but I didn't see her as someone who was intentionally mean or who intentionally mistreated others. Did she screw up? Sure. I just think she has the capacity to learn. And I enjoy that she's confident enough to express herself and be who she is, warts and all. When others were calling her arrogant and stating that she imagined that Cinco was into her, he really was. 

All in all, I think she's a good human being who will continue to learn and become the person she envisions herself to be. She's not there yet which is a lesson. But she has great potential.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8

I just started watching this show, flipped to it because I can only watch so many Olympic track racing events. I guess I don’t really understand the coupling up thing at the end. In a real world situation wouldn’t it be more like every guy saying “the girl I want to couple up with is <prettiest girl, preferably blond>“? Or is this more like PE in school where you can only choose from the ones left standing? Or is it all predetermined so they don’t all pick the same one?

Edited by jenh526

There was 100% producer manipulation with that Andre pick. They wanted it to come down to Cash/Alana for Charlie.

I don't think we saw Andre talk to Trina once. 

I'm not sad to see Cash go but Cash is better TV than Trina. But I really do like Charlie/Alana.

Also, I really wanted Korey to pick Bailey. Blah. 

I'll be shocked if Kyra and Will don't win. 

Edited by Court
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm more than happy to see Cash gone, but that recoupling was entirely manipulated to let Jeremy have Bailey because apparently Jeremy must get whatever he wants and to make sure that Cash and Alana were the last two standing. Korey looked like he was having a root canal when he was talking about why he wanted to choose Olivia and she gave a pretty constipated smile when she heard her name. Bailey was better at faking being happy that Jeremy chose her, but it's not like anyone could overlook Jeremy being dared to kiss her and her response being, "but I just put lip gloss on." And when Andre chose Trina, her face was like, "the fuck? Okay, whatever." Fake, fake, fake, fake.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Almost forgot the best part! Andre’s sad slow clap when Charlie chose Alana! Everyone is in tears and shock about losing Cash and he’s just looking around like why is no one else clapping? Lol!

I burst out laughing at that. He can't read a room at all, and it was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Damn, Javonny!  You don't even know Charlie like that! I don't even care if Cash is your "Dwag" 

E8J3uOHWQAg5B7Q.jpeg

Yeah, I don't care for that. I was feeling bad for Javonny too tonight because Olivia gave that TH where she said she was essentially single the entire time, meaning he wasted his entire stay out there sticking with her, but this is pretty shitty. Charlie was trying so hard with Cash and she was the one who wouldn't shut up about Cinco to him and then as soon as Cinco was gone, she demanded that Charlie treat her like the love of his life. She is not the injured party there. Seeing how emotional Charlie got when she was leaving, it seems like he really did like her a lot, but she was not treating him the way she was demanding he treat her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I only caught the last 15 minutes, but it was worth it for the Andre clap and slow realization alone. That? Was hilarious.

Can't blame Charlie for saying see ya to Cash. She's manipulated and guilted him, and is still hung up on someone else. She can go for Cinco once again, I guess.

I like Charlie and Alana. 

Trina and Andre? Came of out of nowhere but I don't hate it. 

Olivia gets a boy, but not one she's actually interested in. Lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

It's so priceless that the editors left that in for us!

He was legitimately happy for Chalana to have a real try at love!  A romantic 😆

I cannot stop laughing at this.  I hope somebody uploads it to YouTube

15 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Charlie was trying so hard with Cash and she was the one who wouldn't shut up about Cinco to him and then as soon as Cinco was gone, she demanded that Charlie treat her like the love of his life. She is not the injured party there. Seeing how emotional Charlie got when she was leaving, it seems like he really did like her a lot, but she was not treating him the way she was demanding he treat her.

I totally agree with you!!!!  #PrinceCharlie #JusticeforCharlie #CharlieandAlana 

I don't even remember Javonny and Cash seeming close, but I could be wrong.  Seems like he's trying to kiss up to her, but god knows why.  Prom is over, Javonny!  Cash ain't the Homecoming Queen anymore!  (I don't even know what homecoming is, being Canadian honestly)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So I guess Korey knew Bailey was more interested in Jeremy so that's why Korey basically  handed her off to him?  

You know I wish that I thought Korey was calculating because then I might be able to convince myself he picked Olivia because he thinks that’s the only way he has a shot of winning the money.  But I can’t.  Which means I’m still scratching my head over his choice.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jenh526 said:

I just started watching this show, flipped to it because I can only watch so many Olympic track racing events. I guess I don’t really understand the coupling up thing at the end. In a real world situation wouldn’t it be more like every guy saying “the girl I want to couple up with is <prettiest girl, preferably blond>“? Or is this more like PE in school where you can only choose from the ones left standing? Or is it all predetermined so they don’t all pick the same one?

In the very first coupling of the season, the women are all lined up and the guys come out one by one. The women step forward if they're interested, but the guy can choose any one of them, even if they didn't step forward or if they were already chosen by a different guy (then the original guy gets bumped to the end and ends up with whichever woman is left). But in all the recouplings, which alternate between guys choosing and girls choosing, they can only pick from the ones left standing. It's all predetermined in the sense that the producers know in advance who's picking whom so they can order it to create the most drama, but after tonight, I would also say they manipulate some of the picks.

5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't even remember Javonny and Cash seeming close, but I could be wrong.

I think they were close but we didn't see it. There was that one time she was crying over (of course) Cinco, and he was comforting her and it was very sweet, but other than that I don't remember seeing them interact much.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think it can be difficult to tell who is actually close and who 'the show' wants the audience to see as close. They're around each other 24/7 and we get a concentrated hour of competitions and some conversations (supporting particular storylines).

It's also why I take what we see with a grain of salt. Since they are together 24/7, it's interesting (or will be interesting) to see how they view each other versus how the public views each individual based on what we were shown.

Edited by nichelle
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Charlie is getting a lot of hate on his instagram since the episode ended. He's getting pretty slammed on twitter too, but I don't think he's on there.

Cash seems to have a lot of support on Twitter. I don't follow instagram too much but folks are very vocal on twitter tonight. For a lot, she seemed to be the reason they tuned in. So, they're vowing to not watch the rest of the season. Charlie doesn't deserve any backlash, though. People are being stupid as usual. Even Cash even said that it was fine and he did what was right for him. Of course she tried to save face by then saying it was 'always Cinco'. Give Charlie a break.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Korey has grown on me a bit, but I really can't stand his indecisive nature. That said, I think he's a nice person. That goes a long way with me. I just hate that tattoo right in the center of his throat. That's all I see. I keep looking at that little man or whatever it is in the middle. It has a strange and disturbing quality to me. 😃

I know many disagree with me on this, but I think Olivia is the best catch on the island. She is a nice person (see above)  and looks pretty without makeup, as well as with. Some of the others (eg. Elly) seem so immature when they speak. She seems to be pretty loyal too. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

This was the most hilarious thing I've seen on reality tv in a long time.  Not just a clap, a for real, unironic, slow clap.  Dying!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, leocadia said:

This was the most hilarious thing I've seen on reality tv in a long time.  Not just a clap, a for real, unironic, slow clap.  Dying!

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

It's so priceless that the editors left that in for us!

He was legitimately happy for Chalana to have a real try at love!  A romantic 😆

I cannot stop laughing at this.  I hope somebody uploads it to YouTube

I totally agree with you!!!!  #PrinceCharlie #JusticeforCharlie #CharlieandAlana 

I don't even remember Javonny and Cash seeming close, but I could be wrong.  Seems like he's trying to kiss up to her, but god knows why.  Prom is over, Javonny!  Cash ain't the Homecoming Queen anymore!  (I don't even know what homecoming is, being Canadian honestly)

I NEED the Andre slow clap as a gif. I would use it all of the time for unpopular opinions. Greg dumping Katie on the Bachelorette? Andre slow clap with cuts to everyone else crying.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Damn, I was so busy clapping myself when Charlie picked Alana that I totally missed Andre doing the same thing! I only wish that Olivia had followed Cashay out the door. I am literally over her squealing, her ridiculous eyelashes, her horrible grammar and her delusions of grandeur. 

I can't see anybody other than Kyra and Will winning this. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Just visited the Twitter feed. Wow. I’m staying here with the sane people who understand that it’s just a TV show

Edited by Kleav
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I didn’t watch Laid Bare, but saw this and others on the post confirmed it. Cash can eff off. There’s some debate if she was joking or serious, but it’s pretty straightforward that Charlie didn’t find it funny and was turned off, to which Cash did nothing to apologize. Nobody needs to be this arrogant or self absorbed. 

51433B66-1FBD-4E55-B0D0-DE0C7A4E99AC.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Charlie is getting a lot of hate on his instagram since the episode ended. He's getting pretty slammed on twitter too, but I don't think he's on there.

God, why are the fans of this show such dumb assholes?

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Guys, the giffed it! But it’s just the clapping, which isn’t nearly as hilarious as it spliced with everyone else looking all distraught.

https://twitter.com/loveislandusa/status/1423825003687022592?s=20

yeah you need the angry stares but this is still awesome.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kleav said:

Just visited the Twitter feed. Wow. I’m staying here with the sane people who understand that it’s just a TV show

These people think Cash is their real friend.  It's sick.

• Love 6

America can't be trusted to understand these reality shows.  lol!  Anyway, I personally prefer this season due to all of the last minute changes.  It is great to see people actually choosing new people near the end.  As for the one guy choosing Trina, well, he didn't have much of a choice since Korey took Olivia.  That is the one thing I wish would not have happened as I think Olivia really likes the other guy, and her and Korey are totally friend zoned.  I guess they are hoping for a win since there aren't any real couple left except for Kyra and Will.

Cash just sucks the joy out of any relationship.  She expects so much but gives so little, and she doesn't even realize it.  So glad she is gone.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I didn’t watch Laid Bare, but saw this and others on the post confirmed it. Cash can eff off. There’s some debate if she was joking or serious, but it’s pretty straightforward that Charlie didn’t find it funny and was turned off, to which Cash did nothing to apologize. Nobody needs to be this arrogant or self absorbed. 

This is the general sentiment in all the social media attacks on him too, that he used Cash to get into and stay in the villa, but if anything, I'd say it was the opposite. Charlie didn't pick her; Cash picked him to return to the villa with her because she didn't want to risk going in single and then then getting eliminated at the next recoupling if Cinco decided to stay with Trina. She may have liked Charlie a little, but she pretty much used him both to make Cinco jealous and so she'd be safe. The thing is, if she had gone back single, then Cinco probably would have left Trina, gone back to her, and not been eliminated, but her plan backfired. And even after all that, if she could have stopped acting the Queen Bee around Charlie, he might have wanted to stay with her. The only one responsible for Cash getting eliminated is Cash.

• Sad 1
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

This is the general sentiment in all the social media attacks on him too, that he used Cash to get into and stay in the villa, but if anything, I'd say it was the opposite. Charlie didn't pick her; Cash picked him to return to the villa with her because she didn't want to risk going in single and then then getting eliminated at the next recoupling if Cinco decided to stay with Trina. She may have liked Charlie a little, but she pretty much used him both to make Cinco jealous and so she'd be safe. The thing is, if she had gone back single, then Cinco probably would have left Trina, gone back to her, and not been eliminated, but her plan backfired. And even after all that, if she could have stopped acting the Queen Bee around Charlie, he might have wanted to stay with her. The only one responsible for Cash getting eliminated is Cash.

Yeah, the whole, “Everybody loves me so you’re only here because of me” is just so condescending and demeaning. I can’t even imagine saying that to somebody. To demean another person (someone who’s been nice to you) and speak so highly of yourself is just gross. I don’t care if America is voting that way, you don’t need to actually be the one to say anything to the guy. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

It really scares me how a narrative can be created out of thin air and then so many people on the internet just run with it.  Social media is the absolute devil.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Yes, that's bad. I took a look at the scene after reading this. They were talking and joking quietly in bed. She was laughing a lot and seemed to think they were joking back and forth. He seemed to be joking too, at first. But, she took it too far. And you could tell he was bothered. Now, what she said was actually true. But she's not as self aware as she thinks she is if she didn't consider how bothered someone would be by those comments, particularly someone she was interested in.

• Love 3

I don't think Korey is interested in women period. He seems more interested in Jeremy.  The kid is extremely boring, has no game, talks like a 5-year-old, and has ghastly tattoos scribbled all over his body (an image he can't even pull off).   With all that said, Korey has remained on the show this entire season -- taking up space that should have really gone to the Harvard guy.

Voting off Aimee was a HORRIBLE mistake.  She is one of the most beautiful women to ever grace a television screen.

Voting off Cinco was another BAD move.  He brings the triangles.  He gets the women going.  That's what makes this show work ... when there are super sexy people on that make the other islanders completely lose their mind.

Males with more testosterone needed stat -- not dudes just there to hang out with the bros (looking at you Jeremy).

Trina is GORGEOUS! The way she's being portrayed as lesser-than or some ugly duckling is completely ridiculous.

The best moments of the season was the Cinco-Cash-Trina mess and Kyra's man being seduced by "cheeks." 

• Love 4

I keep this guy's tweet bookmarked because it's always useful.

image.png.0060fe38f13b4e250e332969647bd142.png

Look, our first customer:

image.png.ab98bf8cf3fa8fe87cb70304e7f748a1.png

Cash right now explaining to her dentist that the guy she was using to make another guy jealous talked to a different girl and now she has a toothache.

• LOL 8
22 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

Voting off Cinco was another BAD move.  He brings the triangles.  He gets the women going.  That's what makes this show work ... when there are super sexy people on that make the other islanders completely lose their mind.

I will agree with you on this one.  

• Love 1
(edited)

LOL oh my god.  I'll be honest, I don't even think Cash or Cinco were even that into each other!!!  If Cinco REALLY liked Cash he would have stayed with her, and I think Cash just built up this entire Romeo and Juliet thing in her head or knew it would play with the fans.  It's all just such B.S.

MAYBE Cinco liked Cash once he realized how annoying and boring Trina is, but those still aren't real feelings.  That's just being a player who always wants what he doesn't have.

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, nichelle said:

Ah well. I guess I'm one of the few, perhaps only one, here who is disappointed to see Cash go. While she is a flawed human being like the rest of them, I actually enjoyed her presence on the show more than some other islanders.

She was great on the show before the Cinco moping! Cash seems like a super nice person and an awesome friend to have, it’s just within the context of the show her ego got a little top-heavy and she became kind of annoying and one note with her Cinco obsession. Does anyone else remember season one where original Kira went through a bunch of guys and even tried to couple up with one of the girls (which would’ve been the most interesting thing to ever happen on this ridiculously heterosexual show), only to decide that she had feelings for the original Cash after all after dumping him multiple times and then they FaceTimed and got back together? I imagine Cash/Cinco will be a similar situation. 

I still can’t believe Charlie actually went for Alana, because usually people on this show stick with whoever they met first if the other person in the triangle is brand new and it’s towards the end. I don’t have any rationale for Korey not picking Bailey. I think it’s obvious Olivia is more attracted to Andre, but then again I also think it’s obvious Korey is more attracted to Bailey so I think it’s just a case of forcing yourself to find comfort in the familiar rather than what you’re actually sexually attracted to because that’s too risky. 

What a slap in the face that Olivia said she was single the entire time before…Andre? Poor Javonny really got scammed, but also, what about all that talk about having such deep feelings for Korey. That said, Javonny is losing me with all of his petty Instagram hate comments. It’s nice that he’s loyal to his friends, but it feels very high school.

That was actually really nice what Andre did for Trina, even if it was only because Korey already picked Olivia. Weirdly enough, they might have a shot at winning even if they’re not attracted to each other because Twitter seems to be fully rallying around Trina in Cash’s absence. This season is so bizarre and never really recovered after they dumped Javonny.

Also, did anyone else catch that the producers made Andre sit down and have a totally not staged conversation with Will about how his marriage was totally, definitely over? Lol

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 11

Regarding Andre', in one of the Paramount+ episodes there is footage of one of the games. Andre and Trina are kissing, so I guess the argument can be made that they've actually interacted with each other :) I know that kissing is like saying hello on this show, but there ya go.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL oh my god.  I'll be honest, I don't even think Cash or Cinco were even that into each other!!!  If Cinco REALLY liked Cash he would have stayed with her, and I think Cash just built up this entire Romeo and Juliet thing in her head or knew it would play with the fans.  It's all just such B.S.

MAYBE Cinco liked Cash once he realized how annoying and boring Trina is, but those still aren't real feelings.  That's just being a player who always wants what he doesn't have.

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

I was reading a Reddit thread (not as bad as Twitter, but still…) hoping that now Cash and Cinco will reunite and have their happy ending 🙄. Good grief. I think Cinco only ever kind of liked any of the girls and now that he’s out of the villa he’ll move on and go back to pursuing who he wants to pursue. As for Cash, I really think it’s a case of wanting what you can’t have/not accepting rejection. Maybe she’ll continue to pine for Cash, but if he ever committed to her I see her losing interest and moving on to the next thing. 

• Love 1