Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe they just couldn’t find anything that looked good on her!

That's possible! as tacky as that sparkly plaid blazer was on her that she wore a few weeks back, it did fit and look ok.  Ali Barthwell likened her style when it worked to Kate Middleton with a dash of Strawberry Shortcake and I think that is the perfect description.

• LOL 2
On 7/19/2021 at 9:14 PM, JenE4 said:

Aw, Andrew is breaking my heart. But if she gave it to him and not Michael, then my heart would be breaking for Michael. The fact that she told them each practically the same thing—that she’s in it for whatever works best for their life, and with their love, they’ll figure it out must have made them both feel like they’re #1. I’m assuming Andrew will also make it to top 4 and she means she’ll figure it out with whichever one of the 4 she chooses. But it did seem a bit disingenuous watching that back to back.

It sounded ridiculously disingenuous played back to back, like she was changing personas in real time. From "I can't wait to be a stepmom and drive the minivan and we'll be a happy family..." to "I can't wait to travel around the world, living all over and never knowing where we'll be next..." Those 2 scenarios couldn't be more divergent, but there she is claiming to be ready for both.

It seems especially cruel to Michael to be stoking the fires of this fantasy relationship because he does seem to be sincerely looking for someone to raise his child with. Why on earth he went on THIS show is a real head-scratcher, but maybe he's playing the long game and realizes people will be lining up to meet him after he's been on TV. I find it hard to believe he really thinks Katie is the ONE, but maybe.

Brendan: Why am I still here?

Katie: Well, my original plan for last week was actually to keep Hunter and send you home.  You are here because I eliminated Hunter.

Brendan's attempts to create believable soundbites about his nonexistent relationship with Katie were hysterical. "I mean, we've never really had any one-on-one time, but like, I feel like together we could conquer the world. Like, in our 5 minute chats at the cocktail parties, there's really a connection. or something." 

Meanwhile, his "why am I still here?" line of questioning could have been answered if he'd thought of the theme of the last rose ceremony. Katie vowed to eliminate the drama and that last rose had to go somewhere...production lets her know that Flock of Seagulls hair guy did the least shit talking, so...congrats!! 

Katie couldn't even pretend to scrounge up some excuse that didn't involve the words cannon fodder, so she walked him out.

I was puzzled by the choice of Justin over Andrew, but Andrew's extended Bachelor audition might mean he was better off going that way and also, she might have genuinely felt bad meeting his family knowing that she wasn't picking him. I don't think she's particularly attached to Justin so lying to his family might not bother her as much.

Blake, she seems to be keeping around for the FS, but I'm guessing it'll be Michael and Greg at the end with Greg being her final pick. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

And can we talk about Mike P.’s slow rambling exit in his white pajamas, while Katie photobombs in her ugly producer-supplied sweatpants cutoffs?  Were they wearing shoes at that point?   Did he have to wait for production to meet him in the van with his suitcase before he could put on regular clothes?

Hey, but this could be a theme.  One guy gets eliminated in the day portion of the date and has to get in the limo NO MATTER WHAT HE IS WEARING.  Wrestling thong, check.  Muddy jeans?  Bathrobe?  Sure.  Let me walk you out!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

It sounded ridiculously disingenuous played back to back, like she was changing personas in real time. From "I can't wait to be a stepmom and drive the minivan and we'll be a happy family..." to "I can't wait to travel around the world, living all over and never knowing where we'll be next..." Those 2 scenarios couldn't be more divergent, but there she is claiming to be ready for both.

I've seen a lot of people have this same response but I don't understand why both scenarios aren't feasible for her. I don't think she said "can't wait" but rather that both are scenarios she could envision for her life.  And I think she probably could.

She's young, single, and doesn't have kids.  I don't think she owns a home. She has a lot of flexibility right now to decide what her life will look like.  And if she falls in love with one of these guys, they're going to have to decide together what their life will look like. 

I think Michael is probably the only one who is pretty firmly settled where he is because of his business and the family support he gets with his son.  Greg is an actor who'd probably move to LA.  Blake is Canadian who has traveled for work and I could see him moving or her moving to Canada.  Andrew even talked about giving up football.  And Justin...well, I don't know much about him other than the fact that he's an artist.  If he makes a living at that, I suppose he could do that anywhere. 

I think Greg is her favorite right now. I read elsewhere that their dates feel like he's the lead instead of her and I very much see this.  I think Blake and Michael A. are 2nd and 3rd. She probably has more feels for Michael A. but the OH situation (more than the kid situation) hurts him.  I get a Friends With Benefits vibe with Katie and Blake.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I've seen a lot of people have this same response but I don't understand why both scenarios aren't feasible for her. I don't think she said "can't wait" but rather that both are scenarios she could envision for her life.  And I think she probably could.

She's young, single, and doesn't have kids.  I don't think she owns a home. She has a lot of flexibility right now to decide what her life will look like.  And if she falls in love with one of these guys, they're going to have to decide together what their life will look like. 

I think Michael is probably the only one who is pretty firmly settled where he is because of his business and the family support he gets with his son.  Greg is an actor who'd probably move to LA.  Blake is Canadian who has traveled for work and I could see him moving or her moving to Canada.  Andrew even talked about giving up football.  And Justin...well, I don't know much about him other than the fact that he's an artist.  If he makes a living at that, I suppose he could do that anywhere. 

I think Greg is her favorite right now. I read elsewhere that their dates feel like he's the lead instead of her and I very much see this.  I think Blake and Michael A. are 2nd and 3rd. She probably has more feels for Michael A. but the OH situation (more than the kid situation) hurts him.  I get a Friends With Benefits vibe with Katie and Blake.

Of course they're feasible for her, the disingenuous part was the way she expressed it to the guys. It came across as making "plans" specifically for them and less of a "here's what could happen." It was in the expression, it doesn't translate in writing.

And in Andrew's case or Blake's, I wouldn't find it objectionable, but it just seems wrong to string along a widower with a small child who is looking for an actual life partner. (Again, the choice to come on this show to find said life partner is admittedly questionable.) But it seems more like Katie wants the validation of him wanting her to step into that role more than she probably wants that role. Once the competition is over and it's no longer a thrill to play potential stepmom, it'll probably end. No need to involve a small child in that.

Also, the mere fact that she likes Blake and his immature penis art and horndog ways suggests to me that she's not ready for a serious relationship with children, deceased spouses and the involved parents of that spouse. That's a lot for anyone to handle, there's always going to be some awkwardness, but for a mature and ready individual, it can work out. The girl who doubles over giggling at an immature dork like Blake and his middle school sense of humor? Is not that individual.

Also, Greg is an actor? His chyron says "marketing rep" or something like that.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I think him being an actor is more aspirational than anything else.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, phlebas said:
54 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I think him being an actor is more aspirational than anything else.  

Maybe he's "marketing" his acting carEER!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Maybe he's "marketing" his acting carEER!

It actually says "marketing sales rep" so it sounds like he's selling marketing services. If that's correct, he's not doing any marketing himself.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I have a theory about Mike P, which is that he actually wanted to go home. He´s a smart guy, emotionally intelligent etc, and he knew him and Katie weren´t meant for each other (obvious from the start) and therefore he kept comparing her to his mom on the date. It was so cringe that it actually made me flinch, lol.

I´m so glad for Andrew to have said no when she asked him if he might want to stay longer if it was possible. But that whole thing actually seemed like a script from start to finish. There is no way she sees more possibilities with Justin than Andrew. I think she´s alread settled on Greg, but she wants to sleep with Blake in the fantasy suite, and then Michael A is there also, because he´s her type and he´s really nice...

One more thing I was wondering about.. Weren´t the seasons a lot longer once? There were more one on one dates and the bachelor/ette got to know her final 7 a lot better than Katie did. At least that´s the way I remember it. It feels like they rush through it more and more these days.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 9
On 7/20/2021 at 10:30 PM, ljenkins782 said:

It seems especially cruel to Michael to be stoking the fires of this fantasy relationship because he does seem to be sincerely looking for someone to raise his child with. Why on earth he went on THIS show is a real head-scratcher, but maybe he's playing the long game and realizes people will be lining up to meet him after he's been on TV. I find it hard to believe he really thinks Katie is the ONE, but maybe.

I've actually been thinking about this. I'm sure he had friends and family encouraging him to go on the show as a way to just have something exciting/positive to focus on. I mean, he lost his wife within the last TWO years! That's very recent, especially with a baby in the mix. I wonder if part of him feels like this would just make a good "story," for lack of a better term. I lost a very serious boyfriend/fiance to cancer when he was 35 and I was 28. It took me years to even feel ready to date, but when I was, I admit I didn't want to date around...it felt disrespectful somehow. But finding another long-term love? It made it more OK. So I can see how this narrative would work for both him and his/her family. He had this great loss, but then took a leap of faith on this crazy adventure and ended up finding love again...

Or I'm giving him way too much credit, but he seems pretty genuine to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

That ending was a real whirlwind, I am actually pretty surprised that Andrew got sent home, Katie has always seemed pretty into him. Then he shows up again, and then he leaves her a note saying he will wait for her, and then she runs off and asks him to stay, and then he says no and that he cant wait for her to dump him again, it was just a whole lot. I do think that Andrew likes Katie a lot, but there was definitely a Bachelor audition in all of that, and I think the show could certainly do a lot worse than Andrew. He has a lot of charisma, he can certainly handle the camera, unlike Matt who, bless him, just struggled with connecting to the show itself. You could tell that he just had no idea how to really play the game, while Andrew clearly gets it. He scripted that last interaction so perfectly he might as well have been wearing an "Andrew for Bachelor 2023" button. 

I certainly never thought she would pick Justin over Andrew, who she hardly even seems to know. I certainly feel like I hardly know him, other than he can paint a mean flower. I think that she will end up with Greg or Michael with Blake as her third, being the fun party boy she likes to hang with but isn't really up for being a husband yet. I think she vibes with Greg the most, but I am going to feel pretty bad if she doesn't end up with Michael after meeting his son. If he hasn't dated seriously very much, this is one hell of a way to introduce your kid to the first woman in your dads life since your moms death. 

I really liked the very easy going comradery between the guys, they all do seem like basically decent people who actually like each other, and while they're competing against each other they also try to support each other and are sad to see each other go. After so much annoyed chest thumping and alpha posturing between some of the earlier guys, its really a breath of fresh air. The guys all joking about their art projects was really cute, it made for a much more fun challenge than earlier ones where everyone is really going hard at "winning" everything. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8
On 7/20/2021 at 11:30 PM, Irlandesa said:

And if she falls in love with one of these guys, they're going to have to decide together what their life will look like. 

Here's what their future looks like: She picks one of these guys, they go on Kimmel and GMA and she gets a gig on DWTS while "the guy" sits in the audience to support her. They get the cover of US magazine, and some B-class resorts let them stay for free. Then six months pass and the whirlwind press is over and they split, and don't get to keep the Neil Lane ring because that means they had to last two years, which they didn't.

End of this Bachelorette saga. Next!

• Love 11
20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Here's what their future looks like: She picks one of these guys, they go on Kimmel and GMA and she gets a gig on DWTS while "the guy" sits in the audience to support her. They get the cover of US magazine, and some B-class resorts let them stay for free. Then six months pass and the whirlwind press is over and they split, and don't get to keep the Neil Lane ring because that means they had to last two years, which they didn't.

End of this Bachelorette saga. Next!

Maybe.  But the Bachelorettes have a decent record of sticking it out for awhile (not you, Hannah B). Even Claire and Dale are still together, mostly.  And Becca hung on to that meathead of hers far too long.

I think Katie and her winner will make it at least six months.  Apart from Hannah (who was a disaster from Day 1 and never relented), the last lead who didn't make it at least that long was... Emily Maynard?

It's the Bachelor leads who think it's a success if they are still together by After the Final Rose.

• Love 2
(edited)

Greg is not an actor.

He's a Marketing Sales Representative, meaning he sells services for the company he works for.  He works for a tech services staffing company, so he sells those services to businesses.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Greg is not an actor.

He's a Marketing Sales Representative, meaning he sells services for the company he works for.  He works for a tech services staffing company, so he sells those services to businesses.

He has also taken acting lessons.  

As for Brendon, he did some roofing work with his dad, but was also a model, just not yet making a living that way.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Greg is not an actor.

45 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

He has also taken acting lessons.  

As for Brendon, he did some roofing work with his dad, but was also a model, just not yet making a living that way.  

I think it's common practice for the contestants who are aspiring models/actors/singers to use their day job or a family business as their "official" career. Tyler C. on Hannah's season was billed as a contractor for his family's construction company in Florida even though he lives in NYC pretty much full time to pursue his modeling career.

This season's Connor B. was billed as a math teacher even though he's an aspiring musician.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

He has also taken acting lessons.  (Greg)

Oh wow, thanks....ok, this caused me to ask Mr. Google....

Added a spoiler tab, as this isn't necessarily episode-related:

Spoiler

If true, Greg is the worst kind of "nice guy".  The nice guy that really isn't:

https://www.distractify.com/p/is-greg-grippo-an-actor

So back to the episode:  

Andrew's sweet guy, coming back, writing Katie that note, had Bachelor Audition written all over it.  While he really does seem like a sweet guy, it was so obvious to me what he was doing.  That being said, I do think he'd make a good Bachelor.  Just don't be so obvs, Andrew!

Mike, the 31 year-old virgin mama's boy....Had I saved the episode, I would count the number of times he said, "mom", including to Katie, while they were cuddling.  Something like "you remind me of my mom".  Um, yeah, just what a girl wants to hear while you're spooning her.  Not.

I hope Blake is only there for us to write about him on these boards, and not for her to actually choose.

With this new info about Greg, my vote now goes to dad guy.  Hey, Molly & Jason have made it work with Jason's son.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Oh wow, thanks....ok, this caused me to ask Mr. Google....

Added a spoiler tab, as this isn't necessarily episode-related:

Hide contents

If true, Greg is the worst kind of "nice guy".  The nice guy that really isn't:

https://www.distractify.com/p/is-greg-grippo-an-actor

So back to the episode:  

Andrew's sweet guy, coming back, writing Katie that note, had Bachelor Audition written all over it.  While he really does seem like a sweet guy, it was so obvious to me what he was doing.  That being said, I do think he'd make a good Bachelor.  Just don't be so obvs, Andrew!

Mike, the 31 year-old virgin mama's boy....Had I saved the episode, I would count the number of times he said, "mom", including to Katie, while they were cuddling.  Something like "you remind me of my mom".  Um, yeah, just what a girl wants to hear while you're spooning her.  Not.

I hope Blake is only there for us to write about him on these boards, and not for her to actually choose.

With this new info about Greg, my vote now goes to dad guy.  Hey, Molly & Jason have made it work with Jason's son.

But Molly was willing to move to Jason’s home town.  Will Katie be willing to move to Akron?  And the in laws will be involved.    They lost their daughter too young.  They will want to stay close to their grandson and I think Michael actually mentioned supporting them…not sure if he meant monetarily or emotionally.      

Just don’t want it to be Blake   

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

But Molly was willing to move to Jason’s home town.  Will Katie be willing to move to Akron?  And the in laws will be involved.    They lost their daughter too young.  They will want to stay close to their grandson and I think Michael actually mentioned supporting them…not sure if he meant monetarily or emotionally.      

Good point...will she want to move to Akron?

Molly moved and also has in-laws, plus Jason's ex-wife, and his ex-wife's family.

Molly was madly in love with Jason, which I don't see here with Katie and Michael.

And yeah, I was wondering too about the comment Michael made about supporting the in-laws.  Emotionally?  Financially?  Both?

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Me either, but I’m beginning to get worried that will be what happens.

If so, we’ll the “Katie” TPTB thought they were casting - “not putting up with bs, seeing who people really are” was a miscalculation on their part.

• Love 1

I remember when I was in my early 20's I went to an open casting call for single women to audition for The Bachelor and we had to wait in line and fill out a form and the questions I remember being at the top were: Do you have a passport? Are you an actor/actress? If so, please list experience.  I'm not an actress, but there seemed to be a lot of beauty pageant type blondes (some with crowns and sashes) in expensive gowns and spray tanned aspiring male models waiting in line.  I'll never forget when I was talking to a girl in line and I jokingly said, "Everybody who auditions for this show is a divorced dental hygienist!" and the girl's face fell and she said, "I am a divorced dental hygienist."  What are the odds?!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

And yeah, I was wondering too about the comment Michael made about supporting the in-laws.  Emotionally?  Financially?  Both?

He sort of clarified on some social media thing. Instagram maybe? Tiktok?  That he feels like they support each other and help him out. 

He didn't specify financially but I wouldn't be surprised if he helps them out financially and they help him with his kid. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I remember when I was in my early 20's I went to an open casting call for single women to audition for The Bachelor and we had to wait in line and fill out a form and the questions I remember being at the top were: Do you have a passport? Are you an actor/actress? If so, please list experience.  I'm not an actress, but there seemed to be a lot of beauty pageant type blondes (some with crowns and sashes) in expensive gowns and spray tanned aspiring male models waiting in line.  I'll never forget when I was talking to a girl in line and I jokingly said, "Everybody who auditions for this show is a divorced dental hygienist!" and the girl's face fell and she said, "I am a divorced dental hygienist."  What are the odds?!  

lol

I wonder if the show attracts women who like to compete with other women, who's the prettiest, most desirable. That final rose might be like the equivalent of a crown to them. 

I imagine the following earns points when casting:

being young

having a bikini ready body

blonde hair, extra points if it's long

experience in pageantry

a flair for drama

a love of country music

conservative, family values while being completely cool with fantasy suites!

the name Lauren, Hanna or Becca

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

lol

I wonder if the show attracts women who like to compete with other women, who's the prettiest, most desirable. That final rose might be like the equivalent of a crown to them. 

I imagine the following earns points when casting:

being young

having a bikini ready body

blonde hair, extra points if it's long

experience in pageantry

a flair for drama

a love of country music

conservative, family values while being completely cool with fantasy suites!

the name Lauren, Hanna or Becca

Hahaha 😆 most of the women in line for the audition fit your description to a T !  The women in line were all at least 5'8", blonde hair with extensions/blue eyes, with long evening gowns, pageant crowns and sashes.  I felt really out of place at 4'11" with wavy brown hair/green eyes in a coral bodycon dress and heels.  I think what also put me out of the competition was we had to present a prop to show a talent during interviews and I showed the casting agent golf balls that I blew apart with my friend's hand guns and rifles from 100 to 200 yards on the gun range- maybe they thought that I was a safety liability 😄!  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • LOL 4