Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Xs game is a lot like Maggie's. He holds a volatile group together with the same iron grip.

Yeah, the winner will be fascinating when it comes to tier time. Off the top of my head, I figure a Xavier or Tiffany win would be in the Maggie/Derrick/Hayden tier (winning while controlling a dominant alliance), Hannah and Kyland would be in the general Tier with everyone else (like Jordan, Rachel, Steve, Ian, etc. (winning while being in a big alliance and not being the head of the alliance) while I would still have to see what happens with Derek F and Azah (for them to get to the end, something crazy might have happened). With a Claire, Sara Beth, Derek X or Alyssa win, well, I'd have to see how they got to the end to rank 'em. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Well, Derex and Claire just clocked the CO. They were sort of joking and laughing about it but in a ‘yea it’s totally happening and we’re fucked’ way lol.

Also, they said if it is happening it’s brilliant. 

Ahh  hope this on youtube already I've been waiting and waiting to see or hear them put it together, also good to know their reaction wasn't anger, but admiration, I'd expect nothing less from them. Now all you gotta do is find a strategy around it, NBD! There could be one of those "oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no no no" tik tok vids to them getting it.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Xs game is a lot like Maggie's. He holds a volatile group together with the same iron grip.

Haha, totally. I was thinking this exact thing watching today’s episode. What were the rest of the clowns in Friendship thinking Maggie’s season?  We can (and have) debated the wisdom of members of CO putting the needs of the alliance above their own self-interest. However, I think we all appreciate that there are good reasons for their willingness to put the alliance above themselves. History, representation, etc.  Clearly, there is a higher purpose for them. The Friendship though?  Everyone in that alliance not named Maggie threw away their game for the ridiculous higher purpose of Cappy: a short dude with a temper who they knew for all of two weeks.  Looking back on this season in 10+ years, I think most will understand and appreciate the sacrifice 5 of the 6 CO members made in order for the 6th member to win. Looking back on the Friendship though?  That alliance gets only more laughably ridiculous the more you think about it. 

Edited by me5671
  • Love 15

Maggie gave them the "higher purpose" of defeating that rude hussy Janelle. And for the intellectually limited Friendship, that was enough.

It also reminds me of how Derrick made it seem like a move against the Bomb Squad was taking food out of Derrick's daughter's mouth.

It also reminds me of how Level 6 preyed on the ultra-conservative Sam and JC to defeat those SJW Fouttes.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I have heard/seen odds about anyone from the cookout winning. They have great odds but couldn’t non cookout members win HOH for a few weeks to lessen the odds? I guess it’s because I want Derek X to win or make the Final 2. Also, I wouldn’t be mad if Tiffany won because she has worked for it. Ky and X kind of annoy me but they are both strong guys. Hannah isn’t bad either. I don’t see how Azia could win physical comps so her odds aren’t great and I see Derek F as a goat no matter who the $100 fan base is. Just curious. It’s been a nice season for me because no one has been vile and/or heinous which is a nice change of pace. 

• Love 2

Does anyone know if Lady-Thing made her 7 pm BBT giggle camera time with her Girly-Girl?

Bee tee hair flip, Christian upheld his promise and (over)shared that he changed his lock screen and home screen like he swore to Alyssa that he would. That's, um... a lot for someone who won't say she's your girlfriend. At least he's kissed her (unlike Ky and SB) (and Ky and TARA KELLY MUSIC) (m-u-s-i-c).

fh3ek6qmmkh71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

I have heard/seen odds about anyone from the cookout winning. They have great odds but couldn’t non cookout members win HOH for a few weeks to lessen the odds? I guess it’s because I want Derek X to win or make the Final 2. Also, I wouldn’t be mad if Tiffany won because she has worked for it. Ky and X kind of annoy me but they are both strong guys. Hannah isn’t bad either. I don’t see how Azia could win physical comps so her odds aren’t great and I see Derek F as a goat no matter who the $100 fan base is. Just curious. It’s been a nice season for me because no one has been vile and/or heinous which is a nice change of pace. 

Yes, it's possible.  There will be 4 non-CO members after this week and as much as Ky, Tiff and Hannah think they can influence/control Derex/Claire should they win HOH in the next few weeks, they probably can't come up with good enough reasons to go after SB/Alyssa (whom D/C have worked with in previous weeks) instead of the remaining Jokers now that D/C are aware of the CO alliance. If that happens, the house is suddenly split 4-4 between CO and non-CO and, say Derex or Tiff wins the F8 HOH, both would be crazy to not take a shot at Ky/X.  

Essentially, I think if one of the CO goes in the next 2 weeks then all bets are off on the rest of the CO not deciding to prioritize their own personal games above the higher purpose.  I might be wrong but I already see Ky and Tiff looking for an opening, albeit very covertly.  But, they won't take the shot unless they have a very clear mark that leaves them with as little "blood on their hands" with regards to jury management of their fellow CO members.

• Love 4

As I said, I'd love to think I'd be Britney, but I'd really just be sad, introverted Winston. 

And even though I'm not particularly a neatfreak in my daily life the filthiness of the HG's definitely gets to me every year as I watch the feeds so part of me would definitely be like Becky/Julia/Victor/David/Helen/DerekF/Azah in that I'd probably spend all day cleaning.

For the record, all pretend strategy aside, I'd probably be a Big Meech and I'm okay with it. Sleep eighteen hours a day, get up for four hours to graze, bitch and moan and cry for the other two hours. Lather, rinse, repeat every day. It's really not that different from my actual life. Only I would have popped Pablo the Fucking Pool Floatie long before Meech threw it out into the crowd on eviction night. I can be the Mouth that Ate the House.

That or I'd be [insert name of first boot superfan here]. That seems more likely.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I'd probably find one fun friend, chill out,  and eat a ton of cheese like Amy.

Wasn't Amy also the one who always drank too much? You could be worse people 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm past 40, so I'd be fucked on BB, but I bet I could hang around to NEAR Jury and maybe even early Jury as a non-threat that you vote out whenever you feel like it. Sort of like Joe in BB14.

When I was younger I think I could have done fine. Smart, non-threatening White guys tended to fare pretty well in this game over the years.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I am a short Asian lady so I think I would have done well in the wall comp. That competition heavily favors shorter people.

Claire and I share an almost identical body type - I'm a little thinner and she's in much better shape than me. So I'd just flop around like a dead fish and whine about how hard all the comps were. But I'd be really tall and gangly about it!

ETA: Wait, maybe I am Big Meech and didn't know it? I don't remember her being too graceful.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 7
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Claire and I share an almost identical body type - I'm a little thinner and she's in much better shape than me. So I'd just flop around like a dead fish and whine about how hard all the comps were. But I'd be really tall and gangly about it!

ETA: Wait, maybe I am Big Meech and didn't know it? I don't remember her being too graceful.

She looked graceful when she slept ... which was about 20 hours per day.

• LOL 4

100% I would be the lazy slob you all snark about here.  I hate cleaning, I hate folding clothes, I like to nap, I like to eat but I don't like to cook.  My mother taught me how to do all that stuff but she's been after me for years to start paying a maid/cleaning service to come in every couple of weeks because I just don't clean often enough.  I would probably offer to vacuum or sweep.  That's easy and fairly effortless.  Oh, and I'd totally do laundry, load after load, but folding is beyond my effort level.  Oh, and when the ants arrived for their annual visit, I'd ask BB's staff to make sure my HOH basket included pest control company-grade ant traps from my brother who works for Orkin.  So, maybe you wouldn't hate me.  But, I'd also be voted out first because I'm too blunt and direct to play nice with others.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

For actual feeds related news (they're dull as fuck, wake me if Ky decides to break the news to Britini), Alyssa would really really like $100 next week, America! I hope America gives her an overwhelming no on that because Christian promised tonight on his IG Live that if Alyssa gets $100 next week, he'll go to the gym! Wearing a tutu! And film it! How wacky!

He also wants to pitch an idea to CBS about him riding his bicycle all the way from his home... somewhere on the east coast? Connecticut? All the way to the studio for finale night so that he can prove what a comp beast he is raaawr. He even timed himself - his top speed is 16 whatever measure of distance/speed per hour you wacky USians use. Someone did the math and determined that it would take him 8 days of non-stop pedaling? Christian post-game is far more entertaining than Christian in the game but that's just because he's young, dumb, and pretty.

Me to Alyssa:
mImTxQ2.gif?noredirect

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 5

It was temporarily and quickly spicy for those of us investing in the giggle hair flip nomance bucket hat trio.

Xavier overheard Alyssa saying "love you!" to Christian via the camera. Alyssa Cool Girls it and says that she says that without meaning it, like, all the time. Xavier, though. he believes in Twu Wuv and he thinks that Christian might propose to her on finale night! Squee! Alyssa Cool Girls again about not always meaning it when she uses the L word and calls Christian "kid" again. Poor Christian, his heart and his bicycle tires are deflating right now.

• LOL 7
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

He also wants to pitch an idea to CBS about him riding his bicycle all the way from his home... somewhere on the east coast? Connecticut? All the way to the studio for finale night so that he can prove what a comp beast he is raaawr. He even timed himself - his top speed is 16 whatever measure of distance/speed per hour you wacky USians use. Someone did the math and determined that it would take him 8 days of non-stop pedaling? 

Miles.  We use MILES.  It's not our fault the rest of the world uses measurements like meters, kilometers, milligrams, and Celsius.  🙄🤣😏

And he better get on that now because it'll take him until the Finale to get to LA from Connecticut.  There's no way he can comp beast a Tour d'America the way professional cyclists can comp beast a Tour de France and there's no avoiding at least some mountains as well as the desert on his journey.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Kyland is doing one-on-one with everyone tonight! Timer started for Kyland/Claire, currently at 11 minutes and they're both sitting comfortably. Deref is waiting in the wings. Xavier is still hitting on Alyssa in the living room but Britini came by the cockblock save.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

Yes, it's possible.  There will be 4 non-CO members after this week and as much as Ky, Tiff and Hannah think they can influence/control Derex/Claire should they win HOH in the next few weeks, they probably can't come up with good enough reasons to go after SB/Alyssa (whom D/C have worked with in previous weeks) instead of the remaining Jokers now that D/C are aware of the CO alliance. If that happens, the house is suddenly split 4-4 between CO and non-CO and, say Derex or Tiff wins the F8 HOH, both would be crazy to not take a shot at Ky/X.  

Essentially, I think if one of the CO goes in the next 2 weeks then all bets are off on the rest of the CO not deciding to prioritize their own personal games above the higher purpose.  I might be wrong but I already see Ky and Tiff looking for an opening, albeit very covertly.  But, they won't take the shot unless they have a very clear mark that leaves them with as little "blood on their hands" with regards to jury management of their fellow CO members.

Thanks for the breakdown. Really well thought out. It will be interesting to see if any of this comes to fruition. One thing we definitely know for sure is that Ky can’t play for HOH this week. So that’s one less strong guy. Of course, that still leaves X but there’s always DerekX. Personally, I’d love to see a woman win HOH. A cookout or non cookout. Just to mix it up a bit. Thanks again. 

• Love 4

Azah cooked dinner for the house and everyone lined up in an orderly fashion for her jollof rice, mashed sweet potatoes, and I think fish lamb? It's a very orange plate but it also looks super delicious. I'm looking up recipes for that rice right now.
VnyydpI.png

Azah told us that SB doesn't eat after nine. Confirmed that SB is a mogwai from the east coast and had to adjust to BBT.

Ky/Claire clocked in at 22 minutes.

6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Personally, I’d love to see a woman win HOH.

The last woman to win HoH is Nicole Franzel on Week 10 of BB22. That's so annoying.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I think my best bet would be to try to become the house dad—do tons of cooking and cleaning while throwing all the comps so that nobody wants to waste an HoH on me. Be the Kevin Schlehuber, basically. 

All the while, though, I'll be doing yoga with the kids and using the pool daily and quietly getting back to my college weight; I have pretty good experiential memory and pain tolerance, so when they finally try to ditch me at F4, I win the veto, then crush the F3 endurance comp. It's the Trojan Fatass strategy.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, Derex and Claire just clocked the CO. They were sort of joking and laughing about it but in a ‘yea it’s totally happening and we’re fucked’ way lol.

Also, they said if it is happening it’s brilliant. 

If I was Claire I'd quit the game and not look back again.

For tonight's festivities, the schedule is as follows:

• one-on-one with Claire, because she's a nominee ✔️
  • dinner break! ✔️
  • one-on-one with Deref, because he's a nominee
  • a rotating schedule of one-on-ones with everyone in the house, including Claire and Deref again

It's gonna be a long one, folks. Might want to put some coffee on.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Well with this type of competitive attitude, I fully expect that if either of them get HOH, they'd nominate two non-black hgs. <insert eyeroll>

Fight for it! Pretend you don't know and gather a team! Try to bring over Kyland and Deref!

In other words, play the game...make it interesting. 

They can't because ... the cause.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

For tonight's festivities, the schedule is as follows:

• one-on-one with Claire, because she's a nominee ✔️
  • dinner break! ✔️
  • one-on-one with Deref, because he's a nominee
  • a rotating schedule of one-on-ones with everyone in the house, including Claire and Deref again

It's gonna be a long one, folks. Might want to put some coffee on.

Yeah, pass.  You can do all of God's work tonight.  I gotta work in the morning, lol.

• LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The jackass is no more! Well, that's not true but Kyland got to take off the donkey costume. Claire got to ditch hers earlier. 52 Card Pickup and Club Sandwich punishments are officially over.

Even production was bored with the costumes and barely showed them on the broadcast show. Now, Ky can balance his better. Maybe, it will help him think more clear. Nah! LOL!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Brave boys.
JEdzw5a.png

For the record, a group of donkey is called a coffle.
eWS3ZH1.png

Now they're hee-hawing around the backyard all creepily.

Now they're hee-hawing in the bathroom and scaring Tiffany when she comes out of the toilet room (Derex) and posing like a sexy ass (Xavier).

Deref and Kyland are in the HoH room, timer started. This is supposed to be a "short" meeting. Snort.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Well with this type of competitive attitude, I fully expect that if either of them get HOH, they'd nominate two non-black hgs. <insert eyeroll>

Fight for it! Pretend you don't know and gather a team! Try to bring over Kyland and Deref!

In other words, play the game...make it interesting. 

Claire is still on the block. Derek X COULD be put on the block in her place. There's little reason to rock the boat before HoH. They can both just try to win HoH and take it from there. Making a move now would be foolish depending on who the next HoH is (and, of course, the whole deal about Veto not being used yet, so Claire is actively on the block right now). So they're playing it correctly by not doing anything about it now. 

In other words, any lack of movement now has nothing to do with them rolling over and playing dead. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
Clarifying "not being used" instead of "not being played"
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Actually, most of the CO was under the impression, from all the conversations I've seen since Thursday night, that Ky was going to throw this HOH because they were in agreement that SB had to go.  So, Azah is pissed with him

Let’s be specific here: Azah is not pissed because Ky did not try to throw this HOH, because he DID try to throw it; it’s not Ky’s fault that Tiff couldn’t cough up the correct answer despite having the comp equivalent of a freakin’ week to come up with it (what else was Ky supposed to do - walk over and hit Tiff’s button FOR her)? Azah is pissed because Ky didn’t throw his participation in the comp to her.  

[Don’t know about anybody else, but I for one am sick and tired of Azah’s constant fit-throwing because people aren’t playing the game in accordance with Azah’s particular preferences.  I had high hopes for Azah at season’s start, but those bridges done been burned.]

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Let’s be specific here: Azah is not pissed because Ky did not try to throw this HOH, because he DID try to throw it; it’s not Ky’s fault that Tiff couldn’t cough up the correct answer despite having the comp equivalent of a freakin’ week to come up with it (what else was Ky supposed to do - walk over and hit Tiff’s button FOR her)? Azah is pissed because Ky didn’t throw his participation in the comp to her.  

[Don’t know about anybody else, but I for one am sick and tired of Azah’s constant fit-throwing because people aren’t playing the game in accordance with Azah’s particular preferences.  I had high hopes for Azah at season’s start, but those bridges done been burned.]

Fair point, but I suspect Azah would still find a reason to be pissed regardless of who won HOH since it's not her and she hasn't won a single comp yet.  I don't completely dislike Azah - she's got some good reads on the situation within the CO, particularly with regard to Ky and his game play.  

• Love 1

Deref/Kyland quick hits:

• DX as a potential backdoor target
  • "If no one has money except us in the last week, we can let the power die!"
  • Deref talked Azah off the ledge. We good.

Deref/Kyland clocked in at 20 minutes, 30 seconds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Kyland is on the prowl for his next victim one-on-one. SB got the GoPro. Derex somehow annoyed Hannah with some bad jokes or something? Tiffany coaches him to apologize before she gets sent to the DR. Derex takes Hannah upstairs to do just that.

Upon hearing Britini shouting to the GoPro in the background,

Xavier: "She just doesn't quit, does she?"
Alyssa, amused: "SB does not want that GoPro."

Kyland sets the table by the couch for his talks, the toilet paper is front and center, candy nearby. Derex apologizes to Hannah and tells her that it actually wasn't about her, he was annoyed at Ky and is worried that Hannah thinks he doesn't appreciate her enough. Hannah's not worried about that, she's annoyed that Derex called her the house pet but he's cuddling her now so it's cool. Kyland arranges Q-Tips on a piece of black fabric to make a grid and suddenly it's Aunt Sam's Krafting Korner... FUCK ME, WE'RE DOING THIS STUPID CANDY VOTING AGAIN, AREN'T WE?

Picasso at work. ('Cause cubism. Geddit?)
5is5xvy.png

• LOL 2

Here are the house yearbook tags, according to Hannah: (not sure who was involved in the voting, but it was a group thing)

• Azah is Most Likely to Cry.
  • Derex is Most Likely to be a Supermodel.
  • SB is Class Mean Girl.
  • Ky is Most Likely to Vote for Himself.  
  • Claire is Mostly Likely to Eat Her Own Earwax. (ew?)
  • Britini is Most Likely to be Friend Zoned.
  • Alyssa is Most Big Brother (as in, playing the most unexpected game). Also Big Brother Badass.
  • Xavier is Most Likely to be Brought Home to Mom & Dad.
  • Tiff is Most Likely to be in Detention.
  • Hannah is House Cutie.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Kyland is still setting the mood in the HoH room. I prefer dim lighting and soft music, he prefers Skittles and Q-Tips. He constructed a candy memory wall, I constructed a garden fresh salad with crispy chicken. I just don't think we can make it work, Ky. We're two completely different people. It's not you, it's m... no, it's you.

• LOL 3

One last yearbook tag, voted on by Hannah alone:

• Deref is Most Likely to make Final 2.

Derex says he wants to play a more defensive game and take out safer targets. His first choice would be Deref,  but Hannah says that’s impossible. He’s too protected, because everyone wants to sit next to him. Derex’s next choice would be Azah.

• Love 1

Xavier to Azah about Kyland: "What the fuck you doing? You had all day to do one-on-ones!"

and

Xavier, a bit mocking: "Oh, you got a plan?"

They're ranting to each other about Kyland's many meetings and the bullshit he says. I can't wait until they peep the candy grid again. Production decided this was more fun than Kyland's karate chopping pillows for "feng shui" as he moves the disco ball drinking cup to the dresser.

• LOL 2

Tiffany to Azah and Xavier: "Listen, he gonna miss my meeting. His meetings are too long!" HA!

Meanwhile Derex just marked himself for eviction next week by telling Hannah that he wants to flip the vote to keep Britini and then told her that he's worried about Xavier winning HoH next week. It was nice knowing you, Derex. 

Kyland has not finished his set-up and hasn't started his new round of one-on-ones. It's currently 12:33 AM BBT.

Well, if Derek X has actually clocked the Cookout and then pitched Hannah on flipping the vote this week to vote out Derek F instead of Britni, then, well, that's precisely what I was talking about when I noted it was not the time to do that. What a maroon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6