Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I don;t know I just read it on another board this morning that last night Tiff and Ky commenced on a marathon Azah bashing session and they talked about how shes African.

Yeah, that's definitely the time stamp for the start of the conversation, not the actual event. I just sat through 30 minutes of Kyland whispering and I listened intensely. I still have it running in the background because I'm a masochist and I think I'm now trained to stop everything and listen when I hear "Azah". I hope you'll all contribute to the GoFundMe for my therapy bills after this - I've decided to swerve from a legal fund since Raven's mom seems to have forgotten about me.

I keep seeing references to Tiffany saying something on Twitter (nothing on Reddit and nothing on Jokers) but there's no actual direct quotes or time stamps or clips. It's Dani Donato level frustrating.

ETA: Tapping out at around 50 minutes. (I skipped some fish scenes and sleeping cams) Didn't hear it. Maybe it was before? References go back as far as 6 hours on Twitter but no quotes or clips to find. I pass the torch onto someone else. May your search be more fruitful and have less Kyland.

Revenge of the ETA: I will say that what I did hear definitely wasn't a bashing session but more of a "we don't trust Azah, we prefer Hannah" when it comes time to eat their own.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

They (The Cookout) are all doing the exact same thing.  They all want their +1 to make it further than anyone else’s +1.  Because that is another layer of protection, because that person would not nominate them.  I understand why Ky would protect Alyssa, because Alyssa wouldn’t nominate SB, and that keeps Ky safer.  
Unless one of the Cookout nominates another member with that person being the target, I choose to believe that their main loyalty is to the Cookout.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I hope you'll all contribute to the GoFundMe for my therapy bills after this - I've decided to swerve from a legal fund since Raven's mom seems to have forgotten about me.

I don't believe in GoFundMe campaigns but, as someone who has sat through more than a couple of those Ky/HG conversations in the past 2.5 days, I'll say you're doing God's work and go back to watching day 2 of figure skating, lol.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't remember, did the Brigade have trouble cutting their pawns? It's all a blur of Britney one-liners, Kathy in the caramel, and seven hour long pool tournaments every night.

Not that I recall. They didn’t give a shit lol. Hell, none of them even seemed to care that much when they got rid of Britney and they all actually liked her.

What kind a references are being made on Twitter to this supposed ‘Tiffany shit talking Azah because she’s African’ thing @Callaphera? I’m not buying it as of right now because I think that would be a pretty big deal and yet I’m not seeing anything about it anywhere.

19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What kind a references are being made on Twitter to this supposed ‘Tiffany shit talking Azah because she’s African’ thing @Callaphera? I’m not buying it as of right now because I think that would be made it a pretty big deal and I’m not seeing anything about it anywhere.

Right? Nancy Drew, reporting for duty! This is the first mention I found searching the #BB23 hashtag with the search terms "Tiffany" and "Azah".

And all the tweets that mention it are just... so nondescript about it. Interestingly, if you search "#BB23 Kyland Azah wedding", I found this.

So it was earlier than 12:07 AM BBT? Jesus, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. I LISTENED TO KYLAND FOR 50 MINUTES FOR NO REASON.

Searches of "#BB23 Tiffany Azah wedding" or "dowry" don't bring up anything, "#BB23 Tiffany Azah Africa" brings up tweets from August when filtered under Latest, "#BB23 Kyland Azah dowry" is also a bust. But it's sounding more like Kyland said it, not Tiffany (not excusing her, I don't know her part in it yet).

ETA: Another timestamp for a Kyland/Tiff conversation happened at 2:20 AM BBT. Heeeelp.

ETA2: I found mention of a conversation between Kyland/Deref about Azah's upbringing (again, from Kyland) from 12 hours ago. So it's somewhere within the last 12 hours. That was from scrolling through "#BB23 Kyland Azah" and filtering from Latest.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

ETA: Another timestamp for a Kyland/Tiff conversation happened at 2:20 AM BBT. Heeeelp.

This is not really going to help, but in my half-listening, half-doing actual important stuff state last night, I sort of heard something between Tiff and Ky about cultural differences between African black people and American black people, and how that may be why Azah is taking certain things a different way, because she’s coming at it from a different perspective. Something like that. But nothing about it sounded derogatory to me, or like anyone was “shit talking.” 

Again, this is based on a hazy memory of half heard conversation. But I personally wouldn’t waste too much time looking for this, because it may not exist. Because, you know, Twitter.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

But I personally wouldn’t waste too much time looking for this, because it may not exist. Because, you know, Twitter.

I assumed that it would turn out to be a non-event just from the lack of chatter on it but I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt because sometimes things do get missed. But yeah, it seems like it's a case of Twitter being super reactionary which is so totally unlike them! They would never!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The current Webster definition of racism is, "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race." And that's the key point. Racism, as it is a point of conflict in society, is only is an issue because of White supremacy, the "inherent superiority of a particular race." It goes back to the idea that no one in, say, the Four Horseman, even considered that they were in an all-White team, because their team was just "normal" to them, because they believed in the inherent superiority of their particular race. Marvin was never even a consideration to them, because he was the "other."

Think about it like something like, say, the Island of Misfit Toys in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Someone determined that those toys were the "other" and they all banded together because of that oppression. Now imagine some model toy going, "Hey, you guys banded together! That's just as bad as us kicking you out!" People would laugh their Claymation ass out the door, right? And yet that's precisely what you want us to believe by saying that the oppressed banding together is no different than the oppressors banding together. It's a mistake.

This, exactly.  One could call what the CO is doing "discrimination," but it is not racism as the definition @Brian Cronin shares.  

Claymation Asses = new band name?

I forget who, upthread, said that the CO working together for a higher ideal than just an individual winning will be forgotten.  I don't think it will.  By some, maybe by many.  But representation and visibility matter, even in infinitesimal increments.  I know it seems glurge-y to have commercials with a family with one black and one white parent, or two same-gender parents, or a little girl missing part of a leg looking with awe at a Paralympian winning a race (yeah, saw that one approx 8K times during the Olympics, not sure that Ritz crackers will really be the snack of champions, but whatever), but the reason the commercials either tug even a tiny bit at our heartstrings OR enrage us into saying we will never ever shop at Target because the commercial showed a two-dad family is that representation does matter.  

At any rate, even in a game of lying and deception, if the members of the CO can look back and say their game play helped to increase visibility and representation, I would think they would be proud.  

(I am a cis het white woman hobbling into seniorhood on one arthritic knee).  

• Love 18

I still can't believe Azah's favorite player is Jun!

I think part of the problem with the cookout is that most of these people like their pawns much better than the other cookout members. This reminds me of when The Committee wanted Dani to nominate Day. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I still can't believe Azah's favorite player is Jun!

I think part of the problem with the cookout is that most of these people like their pawns much better than the other cookout members. This reminds me of when The Committee wanted Dani to nominate Day. 

Doesn't it always feel like that, though, right? A HG will be one way and then shockingly say they love HG X who is a COMPELTELY different way than them. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Because if Ky takes SB to F2, then that means he already has 5 cast-iron votes in Jury - the other CO members, who would already be committed to voting for Ky to win over anybody else.

Taking another CO member to F2, on the other hand, (a) reduces the size of that voting bloc and (b) could conceivably split it.

Yeah, but it's still very important to GET to F2, so having someone who will take you if you don't win the final HoH is still important and if someone tells you that they won't take you, that's not a good thing if you think another HG would.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not that I recall. They didn’t give a shit lol. Hell, none of them even seemed to care that much when they got rid of Britney and they all actually liked her.

I remember being stunned by just HOW little Lane cared about cutting Britney loose.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, himela said:

A black person won BB Canada because he played a very good game and this is what matters in my opinion.

He also made a specific choice, which he vocalized in his speech at the time, to take another black man to F2 with him to ensure that a black man would win because representation matters.

• Useful 6
  • Love 16

Wow this is amazing sleuthing. Right now I'm willing to chalk it up to BB Twitter Psychos.

I HAVE heard Tiff express numerous times though that she and Azah simply don't click as people. And I do think that Azah's rather passive, introverted nature is being ascribed to her being African.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I sort of heard something between Tiff and Ky about cultural differences between African black people and American black people, and how that may be why Azah is taking certain things a different way, because she’s coming at it from a different perspective. Something like that. 

That sounds reasonable to me, and like something Tiffany might say. Like others here, I'm going to assume nothing awful was said unless I see actual proof it was. 

I think this CO situation is a one-time thing. This season I do think the 6 will make the sacrifices needed to have an all Black final 6. But I don't expect it to happen again, and not because "they" won't allow it. I'm not as cynical as some. I don't expect it to happen again because the motivation will be gone. 

Who is going to give up their game and all the money so they can be part of the SECOND non-white Final 6? Without the feeling of doing something important, they're going to give in to the internal struggles the CO is facing right now. 

In the end, "they" are going to do what gets the biggest audience. I feel like this season is getting an enormous positive buzz, and hopefully this will translate into much more diverse casts in the future. 

Ideally, future seasons will be more like the last season of BBCan. It was very diverse, right to the end, with race generally not becoming a basis for the alliances. A Black man won, and a Native Canadian won Canada's Favourite Player, but neither were certain till the end. It was very satisfying. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Doesn't it always feel like that, though, right? A HG will be one way and then shockingly say they love HG X who is a COMPELTELY different way than them. 

See, I know myself. Dan is my favorite player, but I know I wouldn't play like him. It'd be nice to think I'd be that great at it, but I'm realistic.

I'm all but certain I'd really be Britney.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I could never do Big Brother. I'm way too introverted. I'd want to be Dr. Will but I'd actually be awkward, sad Winston.

I'd want to be Janelle but I'd be a cross between Audrey huddled in sunglasses and a blanket, and whatever girl lies under the covers crying the most because of hurt feelings. So basically I'd be a mound under blankets for most of it. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Azah, Deref and X are talking bout their sequestered time in the hotel, pre game. They were given lists of movies they could request, and when Azah saw certain titles were already checked out, she knew she wouldn’t be the only POC. “All About The Benjamins- taken! Friday- taken! There are some black people in this house!” 

X and Deref laughed and were like, “Same!”

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

I have a soft spot for the shy, introverted BB hamsters like Winston. He was so sad. I remember one night the rest of the house was talking about what they'd be doing if they were home and he said "I'd just be at home with my dogs watching tv."

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I feel like this season is getting an enormous positive buzz, and hopefully this will translate into much more diverse casts in the future. 

CBS has already committed to their reality shows being 50% BIPOC from now on. Hopefully, next season they'll branch out even more than they did this season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

He also made a specific choice, which he vocalized in his speech at the time, to take another black man to F2 with him to ensure that a black man would win because representation matters.

But not a black woman?

• Useful 1

Oh, that’s an interesting thought about who I would most be like in the house. I always weirdly related to Season 15’s Jessie. She sort of tried to go against the racist bullies of the house, but was also super awkward and not very confident in herself.  Yeah, that would’ve been me, at least at that age. Now? I’d be kicked out the first week for losing my temper and telling off all the dude bros, probably within the first two days. I am NOT built for this game. I’m built for watching it from afar and judging them all on their terrible gameplay. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, Derex and Claire just clocked the CO. They were sort of joking and laughing about it but in a ‘yea it’s totally happening and we’re fucked’ way lol.

Also, they said if it is happening it’s brilliant. 

At least they're being classy about it and not reacting like assholes.  I really hope they're invited back in a future season because I think, of all the houseguests, they're the ones getting burned the worst by the CO's existence.  They're pretty decent players, IMO.  Same goes for SB but I don't like her as much as Derex and Claire, so, yeah, lol.  And Alyssa has the black mark of allowing herself to get shoved into a giggle hairflip nomance.

• Love 9

I'm over 40, so I'm guessing I wouldn't last long in the house regardless (can we talk about age diversity now, BB?). But my fear would be that I'd go in the DR trying to be like Britney and coming off more like Britini. And voting like Deref.

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, Derex and Claire just clocked the CO. They were sort of joking and laughing about it but in a ‘yea it’s totally happening and we’re fucked’ way lol.

Christian said the same thing in his exit interviews. He supports them and their cause. I know Whitney said she was conflicted (but that could be personal butthurt, it was pretty soon after her eviction), Frenchie probably thinks he's the seventh member of an all black six member alliance, I don't know what Brent and Travis think but I'm sure COVID Christie who didn't make the season but is charging $75 for Cameos (down from $100) and calling herself a Big Brother cast member and DMing all the HGs as they get evicted to let them know that she was supposed to be there toooooo will be all too happy to tell you her opinion. She's definitely tanked any return invite for next season.

4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Wow this is amazing sleuthing. Right now I'm willing to chalk it up to BB Twitter Psychos.

I had time and I haven't needed to do a shallow deep dive on anything yet this season because this cast is awesome in comparison. The worst thing I've seen is Kyland have a pro-Scooter Braun/anti-Taylor Swift tweet from 2019 (it... adds up with how Kyland comes across lately).

Speaking of, it turns out that Cool Girl: Sandy Hook Edition may need to be renamed. Whitney has talked about that moment in the house in an IG Live. Apparently there was a group of people talking upstairs in the house. Whitney ran into Claire and was all "Oh, what are they talking about?" Claire told her that they were talking crazy conspiracy theories. Whitney: "Oh, like 9/11 and Sandy Hook?" Whitney says that she was referencing the conspiracies that grew out of the events, not that they were conspiracy events. Claire took it the other way and she's not sure where Claire got that from but she figured it was a misunderstanding. She then went upstairs to join the group but the conversation had moved on at that point. Travis (who?) confirmed her story.

So I dunno. She likes to post shooting videos but doesn't like the "crazy Republicans" that follow her and message her after she does (her words) and there's nothing on her social medias about anything like that so... maybe it was just a misunderstanding? Maybe she really does believe it and is covering her ass? Who really knows. But that's where we stand on the other big scandal of the season.

This cast is so... decent. It's weird.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I could never do Big Brother. I'm way too introverted. I'd want to be Dr. Will but I'd actually be awkward, sad Winston.

And then Winston went on to do Love Island, where he was even more awkward amongst the over-sexualized cast of characters. No, Winston!

3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'd want to be Janelle but I'd be a cross between Audrey huddled in sunglasses and a blanket, and whatever girl lies under the covers crying the most because of hurt feelings. So basically I'd be a mound under blankets for most of it. 

Moaning Turtle 2.0

3 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I'm all but certain I'd really be Britney.

I wouldn't be loud like Britini, but I'd certainly be a crybaby, especially after being nominated time after time. "Why don't these people like meeee?!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well with this type of competitive attitude, I fully expect that if either of them get HOH, they'd nominate two non-black hgs. <insert eyeroll>

Fight for it! Pretend you don't know and gather a team! Try to bring over Kyland and Deref!

In other words, play the game...make it interesting. 

• Love 3

Ugh, Kyland sounds like he's Azah's boss or HR. He's condescending and using HR-safe speak from the manual on How to Speak to Your Direct Report with Lots of Words that Mean Nothing and Promise Even Less.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

X is trying to negotitate Middle East peace right now between Tiff and Azah.

Poor X. It's like herding cats. He's going to end this season with pure white hair. 😁

• LOL 2

Azah now getting weepy and emotional as Tiffany continues to list a litany of things she doesn't like about Azah. I feel bad for Azah. She's such a great girl. Big Brother isn't the game for her but she has to be one of the nicest HG's to ever walk through the BB doors.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Azah now getting weepy and emotional as Tiffany continues to list a litany of things she doesn't like about Azah. I feel bad for Azah. She's such a great girl. Big Brother isn't the game for her but she has to be one of the nicest HG's to ever walk through the BB doors.

Remember when people used to say "She's the nicest HG ever!" about Nicole Anthony. And then she became Precious Cinnamon Roll Nicole Anthony and we all hated her. Good times, good times.

Azah better never come back. You can never be Miss Congeniality twice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

Remember when people used to say "She's the nicest HG ever!" about Nicole Anthony. And then she became Precious Cinnamon Roll Nicole Anthony and we all hated her. Good times, good times.

Azah better never come back. You can never be Miss Congeniality twice.

Azah is a lot more earthy than Nicole though. And she has a nice sense of humor whenever she's not around Tiffany. She and Tiffany are just like oil and water.

• Useful 1