Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Derex is definitely trying to sell the idea that Big D is going up. I hope he doesn't get boxed in there and feels like he has to fold and actually do that. The way he's handling everything doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Love 2

Button boy is not letting much of anything get through in Britni's post Veto triumph and Derex's whining and worrying.  I'm gonna call it a night myself.

Yay Britni!

On one feed: Alyssa and Xavier whispering furiously about SB/Kyland being America's Sweetheart Couple Who Knew Each Other Before The Game. If they don't get rid of one of them before jury, they'll win money!
On the other feed: Kyland and SB whispering furiously about how she needs to play dumb to Alyssa about the back door Christian plan.

At this point, I think the only vote guaranteed to be against Christian would be Kyland's. And I'm not even completely sold on that. Derex is fuuuucked.

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

On one feed: Alyssa and Xavier whispering furiously about SB/Kyland being America's Sweetheart Couple Who Knew Each Other Before The Game. If they don't get rid of one of them before jury, they'll win money!
On the other feed: Kyland and SB whispering furiously about how she needs to play dumb to Alyssa about the back door Christian plan.

At this point, I think the only vote guaranteed to be against Christian would be Kyland's. And I'm not even completely sold on that. Derex is fuuuucked.

Nah, I think that Deref, Azah, and Britini would vote against Christian.  Britini has wanted him or Alyssa out for a couple weeks now, and Deref has talked about it too.  There are, for sure, 4 votes against Christian.  This hinges on whether Tiffy-Toes and X can swing Claire and Hannah into double-crossing Derex by voting out SB.  I'm not sure Hannah would betray Derex like that but she could be swayed, I fear, by X and Tiffy-Toes.

• Love 1

This is the face of someone who was just asked by her cuddle partner in the house if her girlfriend outside the house would have an issue with how cuddly they are after her cuddle partner referenced BB16's Cody and Christine:
gxz4JP3.png

Sarah Beth told both Kyland and the feeds that this is totally platonic, they're gonna be best friends for life, it's all good. And besides, they haven't been questioned about it in the DR so it's probably a non-thing anyway. But just in case. You know, because of Cody and Christine.

Now X is speculating to Christian that SB is America’s Player with a guaranteed $250k if she makes it to jury. Money that she will probably split with Ky. BUT, if she goes now, that $250k will be added to the winner’s pot for a cool million.

Either X has gone off the deep end or he’s playing Christian to do what he wants. My guess is the latter. But either way…

Christian is going to survive this week, it increasingly seems. And that is all kinds of wrong. 

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Now X is speculating to Christian that SB is America’s Player with a guaranteed $250k if she makes it to jury. Money that she will probably split with Ky. BUT, if she goes now, that $250k will be added to the winner’s pot for a cool million.

Either X has gone off the deep end or he’s playing Christian to do what he wants. My guess is the latter. But either way…

Christian is going to survive this week, it increasingly seems. And that is all kinds of wrong. 

I wonder if Derek is questioning whether Christian would even be evicted if he puts him up. You really can't backdoor someone into a situation where they might not get evicted. That's way too big of a risk. 

It was clear, though, that this WAS the best week to backdoor someone due to the house setup. The odds were that someone other than Christian was always going to win POV and that someone was going to win POV who would use it. It's just whether it will lead to an eviction. If not, then there's really no reason to make a move like that if Christian isn't for sure going (I'd like the drama of it, but it just wouldn't be smart for Derek. You need that shit to be definitive before you backdoor someone big).

• Love 5

Britini says that SB asked her twice to throw the comp so that SB could win. Once before the comp, once during the comp. And now Britini is pressed because of that and Kyland was playing so hard for Sarah Beth. I guess because he wasn't playing for Britini?

It doesn't matter who goes up - Sarah Beth is dead. Can it change? Sure. Will it? Only if Tiffany wants it to change.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Britini says that SB asked her twice to throw the comp so that SB could win. Once before the comp, once during the comp. And now Britini is pressed because of that and Kyland was playing so hard for Sarah Beth. I guess because he wasn't playing for Britini?

It doesn't matter who goes up - Sarah Beth is dead. Can it change? Sure. Will it? Only if Tiffany wants it to change.

This will be a fascinating test in Derek X's game instincts. Does he just go ahead and backdoor Christian anyways, even if it is clear to him that Christian isn't going home?

• Love 2

Alyssa was talking to Tiffany about the Have Not sleeping arrangements. She points to the tater tot teeter totter bed that's made up like it's being used. "People think I sleep in that one!" Alyssa says cheerfully, pointing to her decoy bed as she climbs into her Bed of Giggles and Hair flips.

Yuh-huh. Okay. Suuure they do.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 2

Tiff tells Alyssa and Christian she is convinced SB and Ky knew each other before the game. They are too close, and they are too dangerous as a duo. They have to be split up.

She is saying this to Alyssa and Christian, y’all.

• LOL 5

Kyland's punishment involves making club sandwiches. Derex's punishment has him acting like a bathroom attendant. Alyssa is particularly excited to make Derex open the door to the toilet when she has to poop. Because Cool Girls love to talk about things like poop to impress the boys.

I think Alyssa's Top 3 Favourite Things to Talk About is, in order: herself, her and Christian, and shitting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Now they (Tiff, Alyssa, Christian, X) are convinced that SB’s girlfriend is fictional. Christian suggests that she saw a shell on the wall and thought “Shell… Shelly! Yeah, that’s her name!”  Because the way SB and Ky were draped all over each other earlier certainly signals a long term, pre-existing relationship.

Again: this is all being said in a room where Christian and Alyssa are draped all over each other and I just can’t.

• LOL 5

Tiff, Ky and Deref are having a philosophical talk about believing in themselves, being grateful and living in the moment. Tiff says it’s all part of a journey to get to where they want to be. “If we can make it here, we can make it anywhere.” 

It’s up to you, BB, BB.

• LOL 5
On 8/7/2021 at 8:29 AM, himela said:

Derex's game is lost anyway due to the cookout but he doesn't know it.

I've been trying to picture how strange it will be when the last couple of white players (or Asian in Derex's case) look around, maybe from their spot on the block, and suddenly go "Heeeeyyyy....". Picture the extremely weird and awkward conversations that will take place. 

Who would have guessed that the most diverse BB by a mile would still end up being about race? I'm still mostly onboard for a CO sweep, but I'm hoping it doesn't get too messy or unpleasant. (In the house I mean. 100% it will get messy and unpleasant out here because that's just the permanent state of things.) 

Of course maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself. I have to admit I love not knowing for sure where things are going. 

Unrelated question : Do people just not like SB? Why is she such a target? Is it just me or does her personality seem different now, less sweet and bubbly? Or is that just the effect of a month incarcerated with all these people? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Unrelated question : Do people just not like SB? Why is she such a target? Is it just me or does her personality seem different now, less sweet and bubbly? Or is that just the effect of a month incarcerated with all these people? 

Honestly, the SB hate in the house is partially why I'm rooting for her. Tiffany hates SB because she's close with Kyland, so I think that Tiff expected Ky to be closer to her and he isn't, so she's taking it out on SB. And others, as per the usual House Mentality bullshit, has gone along with it and made SB to be a much bigger villain than she is. 

SB is just fine. She may not be all sunshine and rainbows like her usual archetypes on BB, but she is NOT an awful person like the house is making her out to be. She can be snarky and moody and bitchy, but it doesn't mean she also isn't sweet and caring. There's nothing wrong with SB from what I can see. I like that she's not a Nicole Anthony like we expected. 

But I really don't like Tiffany's loathing of SB turning into questioning her own bisexuality. That's not cool at ALL. That's a few points knocked down for Tiffany because that definitely crosses the line.

I guess it's official that this is truly Big Brother when the house is shit talking a target! Listen; it was funny when it was done to Brent and Frenchie because it was all true, but I draw the line at SB!

I just wish they'd stop with the personal stuff.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Nah, I think that Deref, Azah, and Britini would vote against Christian.  Britini has wanted him or Alyssa out for a couple weeks now, and Deref has talked about it too.  There are, for sure, 4 votes against Christian.  

Britini ain't gonna vote out her crush. She spent like an hour yesterday trying to convince Derex to BD Alyssa instead of Christian. Deref is very anti-women so he 100% wants SB out. He's also a follower so he'll just do what 'the house' does.

Christian will absolutely not go home against SB. Tiffany, Claire, Hannah, X, Alyssa, Deref, and Britini at least will vote her out. I want Derex to still put him up because I want his entitled ass to see the block but Derex will be so screwed if he goes through with it. Then again, he's straight-up screwed either way so might as well give me a good show before he gets evicted next week lol. In any case, DEREX FOR AMERICA'S CHOICE!

I get the hate the HGs have for SB. I knew I wouldn't like her before the show even began lol. I haven't really noticed them being super personal about it, outside of Tiffany mocking her voice (which sorry but that was funny lol) and now her questioning her sexuality. That part is pretty gross.

The 'they're a secret duo/America's player!' hysteria comes every season and it's always hilarious.

I really thought just last week that this season was on a path of boringness lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I've been trying to picture how strange it will be when the last couple of white players (or Asian in Derex's case) look around, maybe from their spot on the block, and suddenly go "Heeeeyyyy....". Picture the extremely weird and awkward conversations that will take place. 

Who would have guessed that the most diverse BB by a mile would still end up being about race? I'm still mostly onboard for a CO sweep, but I'm hoping it doesn't get too messy or unpleasant. (In the house I mean. 100% it will get messy and unpleasant out here because that's just the permanent state of things.) 

Of course maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself. I have to admit I love not knowing for sure where things are going. 

But who is making it about race? The Cookout. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Well, I think that's part of what makes all of us uncomfortable, even if we haven't outright said it here or in any other BB forum.  It's not a good look from any BB houseguest or alliance when they form an alliance that is clearly based on race or vote out houseguests of one race first.  

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

True. Guaranteed there will be people both inside and outside the house who disagree with the strategy and plenty who think it's great. Hopefully the disagreements won't overshadow what's been an exceptionally interesting and fun season so far. I want this season to end on a high note. 

• Love 6

There have been all white alliances in most if not all BB seasons. This will be the first time since BB11 that no POC were voted out pre-jury.

So, apparently Derex has been really pushing back on Tiff when she questions not evicting SB and she concedes plus Hannah and Claire discussed how she’s pushing too hard and they don’t have a real problem with just evicting Xtian so maybe Xtian will actually get evicted.

All I know is this week is gonna go back and forth a million times and be insanely entertaining lol.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

True, just like how everyone pointed out how the Quack Pack "made it about race." Or the Brigade. Or Chilltown. Or the Detonators. Or the Four Horsemen. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

True, just like how everyone pointed out how the Quack Pack "made it about race." Or the Brigade. Or Chilltown. Or the Detonators. Or the Four Horsemen. 

I highly disagree. Did they ever legit say they were banding together because of color like the cookout has?

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Figster said:

So even if they suspect that the black HGs have teamed up, they can't really verbalize it. How can you align against something you can't really talk about for fear of retribution outside the house?

I agree with this. In this situation the non-CO people are going to be in an impossible situation. Literally a no-win situation. One we've never before seen on BB. 

Personally, I don't feel angry or upset about this, like I did with that awful Camp Comeback. I'm not taking it lightly either. I'm just really, really interested to see how it plays out. All the people involved seem mostly kind and pretty level-headed, so I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I don't want to sound pompous, but it could be an interesting learning experience in many ways. I'm glad we can talk about it here as it plays out. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I agree with this. In this situation the non-CO people are going to be in an impossible situation. Literally a no-win situation. One we've never before seen on BB. 

Personally, I don't feel angry or upset about this, like I did with that awful Camp Comeback. I'm not taking it lightly either. I'm just really, really interested to see how it plays out. All the people involved seem mostly kind and pretty level-headed, so I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I don't want to sound pompous, but it could be an interesting learning experience in many ways. I'm glad we can talk about it here as it plays out. 

Could be, for sure. And, unlike the other all white alliances on Big Brother, this situation is not very likely to happen again. I really think this is a one season strategy (which will pay off for them, anyway) but I don't see it happening again for multiple seasons. They'll need to adjust in future seasons to how they play this out in order to get far and not get taken out early like in previous seasons. While, with all white alliances, we'll see them dominate again and again and again. They won't be at a disadvantage every season like POCs have been. 

These houseguests are still fairly likeable and smart and are gaming hard. I'd rather this than a bunch of mindless minions doing what one person says (*cough* Paul, Derrick, Cody *cough*). I like that there's still strategy AND that they're all playing the game...ok, most of them. It's nice to see people really thinking about the game and making game moves. Hopefully that continues now that jury is almost upon us and they're all in it for the long haul. 

Would I love to see players like Derex or Claire win? Of course! Does it suck that they likely won't? Of course! But am I white-hot angry about it? No, because it's not that big of a deal long-term. It's not going to be the norm for the show. And it's still an entertaining season. Seeing players like Brent and Frenchie go early when they're the ones most likely to make it to F5? That's entertaining for me, it's refreshing to see these types of players emerge and get their chance to get far. These people would be considered the "underdogs" and it's just nice to see them get their chance. And a lot of them are worthy of getting to the end because they HAVE been playing hard.

• Love 21

I mean, seriously,  I DO have to think this is why no is actually talking about it even though they may indeed see it, because who wants to be that non black person to say all the black people are running the game to get all the non black people out? I mean any OTHER year if all the typical white/non black people cast were the typically racist/misogynist gutter rats they would FOR SURE have said it and acted on it.  It sounds like Claire did say it w/o really putting it together to DereX, when she said she saw Ky taking a lot of game with: Tiff, X, Azah, DerekF, and Hannah. Come on Inspector Gadgets, get it together.

• Love 7

I think the issue with the Cookout is the same as the issue with the Committee. It's a large, dominant alliance where the members seem disinterested and disconnected from each other, and that's just been the format since BB16 and it's not fun to watch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

X was talking to to the cams and he has no idea Xtian is going up. He actually believes it’s gonna be Deref. Yikes lol. I really hope they can keep this a secret until the veto ceremony.

Well that explains why he's pushing so hard for SB to go with the America's Sweetheart and duo crap - he thinks Deref is going up, and he wants to protect the Cookout.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think the issue with the Cookout is the same as the issue with the Committee. It's a large, dominant alliance where the members seem disinterested and disconnected from each other, and that's just been the format since BB16 and it's not fun to watch. 

It’s nothing like The Committee to me. The Committee was an alliance of people who already knew each other put together by someone not even in the cast to help a lousy, boring player win. The Cookout is an alliance of people that came together to try to change the racist narrative of this show.

And like @Lady Calypso said, this will literally never happen again, unlike how all-white alliances have dominated season after season.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Azah cuddling with X. What is with all this cuddling this season between people not in a showmance?

She's already admitted to him that she's got a crush on him.  Now, he swears he's not going to get into a showmance but I'd bet he's far more receptive to her cuddles than he ever was to Whitney's advances.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, blixie said:

cannot in any true socially-relevant/current realistic sense band together to "fight back" against the Cookout without being called Nazi's or KKK members.

No this I don't agree on. I think they can identify and strategize around it w/o looking  whack mostly because we don't actually know what The Cookout will do when really tested by outsiders. Hannah now knows that The Cookout excluded her from the Royal Flush and it directly lead to Hannah being a pawn, and the only person who fought for her w/o making a deal to drop was DereX aka non CO. I absolutely believe he has a chance to pull her, especially in conjunction with Tiff who is already pretty iffy about Kyland, who is ultimately probably as close to Christian as she is to any CO member. All they need to add in is Claire.  LOL I am working really hard to justify those four getting on the same page and riding to a final four.

So yeah I think there is an opportunity to work on individual CO members to flip them w/o making it seem like you are actually targeting their alliance that you totally know about, and indeed you might get them to cough it up to you, you can act all shocked but understanding. Which I mean I believe would be genuine, as I also am understanding and supportive of the CO taking their shot. Despite them 'having the numbers' they're all playing a reasonably individual games as well and that is keeping things really interesting in spite of the dominance. Still I'd love to see what happens if two CO are on the block post Veto pre final 6. 

Sigh really wish Kyland was the back door, but I'll take Christian/SB in a pinch.

• Love 8

Whitney and Alyssa are definitely more X’s type than Azah. 

This is a very touchy group of people. SB and Ky take it a little too far though, even though they swear it’s totally platonic. At least they aren’t making out and who knows what else under the covers lol. Obviously Xtian and Alyssa are taking it to a whole other level.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Whitney and Alyssa are definitely more X’s type than Azah. 

This is a very touchy group of people. SB and Ky take it a little too far though, even though they swear it’s totally platonic. At least they aren’t making out and who knows what else under the covers though lol. Obviously Xtian and Alyssa are taking it to a whole other level.

SB and Ky remind me of this office romance i got into once. We were convinced that as long as we were just hugging that we were "just friends." The ruse went on for a few months. We were naturally shocked and appalled when people said "so you guys are an item right?" Because we were Just Hugging! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh btw Ky told Deref that Derexis BDing Xtian so there goes that blindside lol.

I'm laughing thinking of someone who has never seen the show till this week trying to decipher this sentence. 😁

• LOL 10

So are some people trying to say that although the CO has the opportunity to change stereotypes, asssmble one of the most dominant alliances in BB history and have one of them win more money than any houseguest in BB history, they shouldn’t take this opportunity because… white people couldn’t do it and not be called racist… even though white alliances have been doing this for years? It doesn’t make logical sense. It’s basically saying they should ignore the people who would serve their best interests (the black hamsters) and team up with the type of people who typically beat them, thereby helping those people win…again. Wouldn’t that be what some of the people here call racist - because they’re choosing to give people a chance based on their race instead of just aligning with other underdogs that are obviously in the same position as them?

The whole thing reminds me of this video. At all times while POC are fighting oppression, they have to think of the feelings of the fragile majority. I guess if they just smiled and ate while other people continued making alliances with whomever they wanted to, they could achieve the fine honor of being good non-racist people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Here is Derek X in his punishment costume.  There is a trumpet that goes with it.  From what I read on Joker's he has to blow a trumpet and announce when other HG's go to the bathroom.  Since Alyssa loves to talk about her poop habits, I'm sure she will love it when she gets announced.

Derek X punishment.png

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

Here is Derek X in his punishment costume.  There is a trumpet that goes with it.  From what I read on Joker's he has to blow a trumpet and announce when other HG's go to the bathroom.  Since Alyssa loves to talk about her poop habits, I'm sure she will love it when she gets announced.

Here I was thinking this punishment was created with Alyssa in mind, for her as a punishment, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1