Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

It looks like he now has 3 donkey costumes based on the brief storage room visit with him, SB and Claire.  Or, actually, he has a "sleeping one" and two regular ones?

He sleeps? Because according to my Fitbit, I managed 10 hours total over the past 24 hours and I'm already all "Man, a nap wouldn't be bad," (it's not a health thing, it's a lazy thing) but Kyland is still awake, eating popcorn at a furious rate, and still spouting incorrect facts about being the "only African American male to win 2 HoHs in a single season" because Marcellas has two HoH wins in BB3 - week 2 and week 8.

I didn't remember that, I totally Googled. Don't be impressed.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

He sleeps? Because according to my Fitbit, I managed 10 hours total over the past 24 hours and I'm already all "Man, a nap wouldn't be bad," (it's not a health thing, it's a lazy thing) but Kyland is still awake, eating popcorn at a furious rate, and still spouting incorrect facts about being the "only African American male to win 2 HoHs in a single season" because Marcellas has two HoH wins in BB3 - week 2 and week 8.

I didn't remember that, I totally Googled. Don't be impressed.

LOL!  I'm dying at this entire post.  But, I have to admit, my memory with regard to BB is so shot that I had to wiki who the nominees were because I was sure Hannah had been nommed this season but I couldn't remember who she was on the block with - and that was only 2 weeks ago!  Of course, it was during the Olympics and the "thrill of victory, the agony of defeat" of the Olympics totally trumps BB drama.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Holy shit, this kid needs some sleep.
5LO88tr.png

Instead of sleeping or showering, Kyland is holding a one-on-one with the camera. It's just as long and nonsensical as all the rest of his one-on-ones.

The Tiff-Hannah convo going on is far more interesting, I can assure you.

ETA - Tiff has completely clocked X as playing a Derrick-esque game.  She is seriously my favorite player this season.  She's a slightly more controlled Vanessa at this point.  I'm really hoping she can manage to navigate through the Brolliance of X, Ky and Deref to get to F2 and win.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 5
Just now, HighQueenEB said:

The Tiff-Hannah convo going on is far more interesting, I can assure you.

I don't know because Kyland was just shouting out SHELLY, SARAH BETH'S GIRLFRIEND. LIKE YOU AREN'T DRAPING YOURSELF ALL OVER HER GIRLFRIEND IN YOUR STANK ASS JACKASS COSTUME. Also he spelled m-u-s-i-c for us. Just in case, y'know. Now he's whispering quietly. Now he's farting loudly. Now I'm questioning my choices in hobbies.

The fourth camera is a dead on shot of the extra donkey costume on the bed. It looks like a bad parody of The Godfather horse head in the bed thing.
6E34YsI.png

• LOL 17

Kyland has opted not to shower but he did put on the kicky bermuda short donkey sleep onesie (what even is that sentence?). It has a sleep mask and a... feed bag? Aww. I think. The more I look at it, the weirder it is.
Sr5C4sX.png

And then he SNIFF TESTED HIS UNDERWEAR to decide which ones go in the laundry bag. One passed the sniff test and was left out. Hork.

• LOL 10

Kyland is an odd bird. 

13 hours ago, TimWil said:

Come on, there’s an enormous reason Julie hasn’t brought up The Cookout to Christian and the previous evictees. It’s obviously a CBS directive. CBS is no doubt extremely anxious about The Cookout and how it’s playing to viewers. I’ll be very curious as to what Julie has to say about this when the time arrives. I can imagine her feelings are quite torn over it. By the way, I seriously doubt the Tiffany/Xavier conversation will air on CBS. 

I just think it's ironic that one reason TPTB cast a more racially diverse group of hgs was to prevent a racial divide, hence preventing one racial group from bulldozing over another racial group. And that's exactly what's happening. Albeit, the bulldozing is being done without antagonizing and/or bullying, so that's a positive. 

I'm not a fan of the Cookout mainly because they are managing to get rid of some of my favorite hgs. 

Team My Faves: Christian, Alyssa, X, SB, Azah, Deref, Britini, Claire, Whitney 

Team Not My Faves: Frenchie, Tiffany, Hannah, Derex, Brent, Kyland

12 hours ago, vb68 said:

I just do not understand this thinking at all. Furthermore, it was way too late  for me to stay up and watch, but I read that Big D told Ky to put him up. Again, the logic escapes me.

Isn't it because CO members feel safe on the block bc they have the votes to stay?

6 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Like some of you, I am going to be curious about DerekX's reaction, as a POC who was left out of this group. It hasn't exactly been easy to be Asian in this country....well, ever...but obviously in the last 18 months.

Derex is a people-pleaser and strives to be liked by everyone. He will not say anything that could possibly be perceived as politically-incorrect.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't know because Kyland was just shouting out SHELLY, SARAH BETH'S GIRLFRIEND. LIKE YOU AREN'T DRAPING YOURSELF ALL OVER HER GIRLFRIEND IN YOUR STANK ASS JACKASS COSTUME. Also he spelled m-u-s-i-c for us. Just in case, y'know. Now he's whispering quietly. Now he's farting loudly. Now I'm questioning my choices in hobbies.

The fourth camera is a dead on shot of the extra donkey costume on the bed. It looks like a bad parody of The Godfather horse head in the bed thing.
6E34YsI.png

Oh, this convo is between Tiff & Hannah is definitely more interesting than The Godfather bad parody, lol.

I really wish that these two would recognize that while the CO is worthwhile, bringing Deref and Azah to the F6 is not the most beneficial to their game and they need to turn on Ky this week if they can. 

Hannah is telling Tiff that Ky is not trustworthy - he talks in circles - she's not wrong.  And she is NOT happy with him for putting Claire's name out there as the 2nd best option to go out this HOH after SB because Claire was never mentioned to her, and Tiff agrees, noting that Azah said the same.   

They're both in agreement they want Britini gone this week and SB or Alyssa next week.  Alyssa because she's had the names of 3 CO members in her mouth.  

New info about the High Rollers!  Next week's game is a roulette wheel that selects a replacement nominee!  

• Love 1

So, finally finished the H/T conversation and it looks like the whole house has gone to bed, at last.  

Initially, they were feeling like Britini needs to be the one gone this week but their target shifted as they spoke and now they're settled on Alyssa.  There are two spokes to their rationale on the order of elimination for the non-CO HGs. 

1) who is that HG targeting - all of them except Claire will be aiming for at least one of each other.  IE - SB will go after Alyssa, Britini & Derex, Alyssa will go after SB and Derex, Derex will go after SB, Britini and Alyssa, Britini will go after Derex and SB.  So, essentially, they can let the non-CO HGs do their dirty work for them and take each other out.

2) who is working with the most members of the CO.  IE - SB is only working with Ky and Alyssa is only working with X and that only started "yesterday", whereas Derex and Claire are close to three members of the CO (Hannah, Tiff and Ky), and Britini is tight with the other Jokers.  Their logic is keep the ones that are most closely aligned with the most members of the CO around the longest because they're the ones most easily controlled.  It also, conveniently enough, forces X and Ky to become completely loyal to the rest of the CO, especially X.

The caveat to #2 and their preferred boot order is that Britini stays until either the last or 2nd to last (Claire is the other) because Deref & Azah are both playing very emotional games and keeping Britini around, even if they are concerned that she'd go after CO members, keeps Deref and Azah happy.  

Right now - and this could change depending on what happens with 1) who is selected for POV tomorrow and 2) whether or not the HR power is used this week or remains in play for next week - their boot order is 1) Alyssa, 2) SB/Derex (interchangeable), 3) whichever of SB/Derex is left, 4 & 5) Britini/Claire; but I could see Britini moving up, ahead of Derex, depending on the circumstances.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Kyland has opted not to shower but he did put on the kicky bermuda short donkey sleep onesie (what even is that sentence?). It has a sleep mask and a... feed bag? Aww. I think. The more I look at it, the weirder it is.

Are you 100% certain this isn't just a dream you had? 😁

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Instead of sleeping or showering, Kyland is holding a one-on-one with the camera. It's just as long and nonsensical as all the rest of his one-on-ones.

For those actually watching him, is Ky giving off manic vibes? This is some odd behaviour. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Team My Faves: Christian, Alyssa, X, SB, Azah, Deref, Britini, Claire, Whitney 

Team Not My Faves: Frenchie, Tiffany, Hannah, Derex, Brent, Kyland

Heh. "Travis? There was a Travis? Which season?"

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I wonder what kind of juror [Britini‘s] going to be, bitter or super bitter?

IMHO this alone would be reason enough to send Brit packing ASAP.  If you’re already locked into the Jury phase and you suspect someone is going to be extra salty about it, give them the max time available to sit in the JH and get acclimated to the fact their game is over.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Heh. "Travis? There was a Travis? Which season?"

I honestly didn't forget him. I didn't know which team to put him in because I didn't know him long enough to develop any feelings, whether negative or positive, for him.

One other thought from tonight's conversations...  anyone else get the vibe that Deref has developed a bit of a crush on Ky?  he was very touchy-feely with Ky up in the HOH and offered to do his nails tomorrow.  If Hannah/Tiff pick up on this, expect them to exploit it to help push SB put next week.

It is funny but in any other season I would view Britini as an underdog and a fan favorite. I don’t see her as either and have found her quite annoying. I’m sure being on the block 3 times sucked but some how she thought she was above this and people shouldn’t be treating her this or something, her let’s go attitude never seemed real. It’s like she was just acting what she thought an underdog should act like and it’s what fans want. She never seemed genuine and that’s why I found her annoying. Maybe, that’s just me and I’m missing something that others are seeing?!?!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

One other thought from tonight's conversations...  anyone else get the vibe that Deref has developed a bit of a crush on Ky?  he was very touchy-feely with Ky up in the HOH and offered to do his nails tomorrow.  If Hannah/Tiff pick up on this, expect them to exploit it to help push SB put next week.

In other late-breaking news, water is wet. 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

In other late-breaking news, water is wet. 😉

Water is wet…..Wait! Are you staring this as obvious?! LOL!!!! Yes. I think he’s had a crush on X and now Ky. His crush is so hard because he just looks at them and doesn’t really listen to what they say. If people don’t look out the Final 3 might be Derek F, X and Ky. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Apparently Kyland hasn't showered for two days? Or changed his donkey costume? They finally offered him a second one. He has to smell like Austin at this point. 

Alyssa and Xtian also never shower/ed. X didn't shower from Thursday-Sunday last week. For some reason, this house just makes people develop a non-desire to shower. It happens every season. I would think you'd shower just to have something to do but apparently not.

4 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

... their boot order is 1) Alyssa, 2) SB/Derex (interchangeable), 3) whichever of SB/Derex is left, 4 & 5) Britini/Claire; but I could see Britini moving up, ahead of Derex, depending on the circumstances.

Wow, Hannah and Tiff wanna give up Derex in the next 2 weeks? He's gonna be heart broken. I hope he gets 1 of the powers.

2 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

One other thought from tonight's conversations...  anyone else get the vibe that Deref has developed a bit of a crush on Ky?  he was very touchy-feely with Ky up in the HOH and offered to do his nails tomorrow. 

Oh yea, Deref has always had a crush on Ky. He actually talks about it a lot.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Alyssa and Xtian also never shower/ed. X didn't shower from Thursday-Sunday last week. For some reason, this house just makes people develop a non-desire to shower. It happens every season. I would think you'd shower just to have something to do but apparently not.

For me, personally, I don't shower every day, but I also think that if I was in the house, I'd feel uncomfortable showering while on camera. Either you shower during the day when everyone's awake and most likely would gather in the washroom and the cameras are definitely on you, or you shower later at night and the cameras are possibly on you since nobody else is awake. That's why I'd personally be gunning for HOH; private showers where at least the cameras aren't pointed directly at you while you're scrubbing shampoo in your hair.

Though I suspect most of these houseguests probably don't think the same as me. 

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow, Hannah and Tiff wanna give up Derex in the next 2 weeks? He's gonna be heart broken. I hope he gets 1 of the powers.

I hope this does not happen. I want DX to be in the finals, as unlikely as it's going to be at this point.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm trying to remember, were they all Have Nots at the the time? I think at least Christian and Alyssa were.  I honestly barely ever register that anymore because it's mostly irrelevant except for people whining about food. But if they are only allowed to take cold showers, it does sorta make more sense.  (I'm not defending it, you need to power through.)  

• Love 1

Alyssa literally said she doesn't shower because she likes to be stinky lol.

I'm telling you, every season, people just don't shower much. I mean, it's not like they're doing that much so honestly it's probably not a big deal. Showering every day really isn't necessary. But X went 4 days without showering, which is a bit much lol. 

So, do we know exactly what the power for this week is and/or who got it? Also, does the winner have to use the power this week or do they have until the end of the High Rollers twist to use it?

Derex said the 3rd week's power is cootie taw (tm Jeff) and he's saving his money for that.

• Love 1

Im not really sure how this works but I’m surprised they reveal how much $ they got. It paints a target on your back if America loves you (see Britini).  Why let the other house guest know where you stand?   I would lie and say I got the 50. 

• Love 1

So yesterday Azah gave Brit the advice that if she gets money, keep it to herself. Don't tell anyone, don't gloat, just keep quiet about it. Of course Brit doesn't listen.

Does she have any idea the whole house has basically signed her death warrant?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm confused because according to that chart on the last page, Brit only got $75 so why do the others think she got $100?

Because she’s been too happy. Too happy = $100. Apparently. LOL!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Maybe they're not showering because they somehow heard that Ashton/Mila don't believe in daily showers, so they're following the trend...or...maybe they're not showering during their have-not week in order to avoid the cold water...or...maybe they just like to stink.

From the little we've heard about the High Roller game, it was called the Veto Derby. So I'm assuming that it's like betting on the Kentucky Derby - you bet on a HG to win Veto. If they win, you win a second Veto. I'm unsure if it's possible for two people to bet on the same HG but I'm guessing not. It makes sense that the second Veto would be played after the first replacement was named but that's fucking chaotic. I love it. You can really screw an HoH with that.

I wonder how long the second Veto would be in play.

ETA: So it sounds like you pay money to play a game where you earn points. You then bet those points on the HG you want to win the Veto, highest amount of points being bet gets first pick. And then the rest works like above.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I discussed the matter of the all black alliance with my husband who doesn't watch BB and he said he thinks this is racist. He said, a white person "can't" put up two black people for eviction because they will be called racist but 6 black people "can" vote out all the white people. I'm just explaining it the way he said it, he doesn't know how black people were treated in the past seasons, he doesn't know anything for the game, but this was his opinion about the matter. Again, I hope I don't get misunderstood, I know the matter is sensitive.

I'm wondering how things will be explained in jury and later during the finale. Lets say that a member of the CO gets to jury in the final six. Does he or she explain to the other jurors that they had an all black people alliance or does the production make them say "the alliance had these six members" and leave out the obvious fact that all these members are black? Before the finale they use to make a summary of the season; will they say that all black people made an alliance or will they say "these 6 people created this alliance and they dominated through the end"? Will they force the players to ignore the race thing throughout the finale? And what if (like someone noticed before) the remaining two people are lets say Derex and Deref? How will the jurors who are obligated to vote for Deref explain their decision? Because nobody will be able to claim Deref played a better game than Derex. What will Hannah do? I mean, these are serious questions that will need to be answered soon. What is your opinion?

• Love 2

Beforethe finale they use to make a summary of the season; will they say that all black people made an alliance or will they say "these 6 people created this alliance and they dominated through the end"? Will they force the players to ignore the race thing throughout the finale?

They never say ‘these white players formed this alliance’ or talk about how the alliances are all white.

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, himela said:

I discussed the matter of the all black alliance with my husband who doesn't watch BB and he said he thinks this is racist. He said, a white person "can't" put up two black people for eviction because they will be called racist but 6 black people "can" vote out all the white people. I'm just explaining it the way he said it, he doesn't know how black people were treated in the past seasons, he doesn't know anything for the game, but this was his opinion about the matter. Again, I hope I don't get misunderstood, I know the matter is sensitive.

You have misunderstood, because at no point in this season has any White HG been "unable" to put up two Black people for eviction for fear of being called a racist. There happens to be an alliance consisting of Black HGs that have manipulated the others to do their bidding (plus three of the HoHs, half of the total, were won by members of this alliance). So the nominations have been controlled by The Cookout, but never was it ever presented by anyone that you couldn't nominate two Black HGs for fear of being called a racist. That simply has not happened at all this season. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 18

Tiff has completely clocked X as playing a Derrick-esque game.  She is seriously my favorite player this season.  She's a slightly more controlled Vanessa at this point.  I'm really hoping she can manage to navigate through the Brolliance of X, Ky and Deref to get to F2 and win.

This is my biggest issue with the CO, I don't think either Hannah or Tiff can get to their F2 with anybody in the CO, because if they get the six to the F6 the likelihood the men will win the comps is high. X is good at mental and physical ones, Ky is relatively good at mental and physical and Derek F is a body and number I think the men will choose the more pliable less likely to win a comp Azah to carry into a F4, and then cut her at F3. So I really think the CO needs to implode before the F6.

Given Derek F is such a combustible wildcard and Azah is sort of on the edge of that, it could definitely happen without Hannah/Tiff having to look like they MADE it happen. They just need to decide either which 1 member of the CO do they want to take with them after things go to hell and which non member of the CO do they want to get to F5/F4 with. I absolutely think Tiff has already played these scenarios out in her mind which is why she keeps returning to how her big picture desire to get them through is in such absolute conflict with her ideal personal game, and I think is still looking for a reason or a way for it fall apart w/o feeling like she intentionally did it. Possibly also why she is being messier than she would otherwise be if she keeps getting Derek F/Azah/Ky mad at her maybe they crack she can feel like she's peacing out in good faith.

Anyway I think other than Brit I'm not sure who won what re: HR or why anyone would be honest about it with other people in the house. I should have known TV only voters would be more prone to like the underdog Jokers, but I can't believe Claire is only medium popular. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, blixie said:

Anyway I think other than Brit I'm not sure who won what re: HR or why anyone would be honest about it with other people in the house. I should have known TV only voters would be more prone to like the underdog Jokers, but I can't believe Claire is only medium popular. 

I can believe that Claire is only medium popular or low on the TV only audience's radar.  She's part of the controlling alliance and hasn't really been in danger until this week so while we've seen her in quite a few DR segments, she's sort of just there.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

You have misunderstood, because at no point in this season has any White HG been "unable" to put up two Black people for eviction for fear of being called a racist. There happens to be an alliance consisting of Black HGs that have manipulated the others to do their bidding (plus three of the HoHs, half of the total, were won by members of this alliance). So the nominations have been controlled by The Cookout, but never was it ever presented by anyone that you couldn't nominate two Black HGs for fear of being called a racist. That simply has not happened at all this season. 

It hasn't happened but we don't know whether someone or even all of the HGs have/had it in mind. Lets say that Frenchie who won the first HoH put up Xavier and Kyland and one of them was evicted. How would this look like? Wouldn't the community of BB Fans say that he is a racist?

1 minute ago, HighQueenEB said:

She's part of the controlling alliance and hasn't really been in danger until this week so while we've seen her in quite a few DR segments, she's sort of just there.

I feel like she's holding back her abilities and competitiveness until needed. Let's hope we have a chance to find out 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, himela said:

It hasn't happened but we don't know whether someone or even all of the HGs have/had it in mind. Lets say that Frenchie who won the first HoH put up Xavier and Kyland and one of them was evicted. How would this look like? Wouldn't the community of BB Fans say that he is a racist?

Well, he did put Kyland and Alyssa up as his first noms, but Ky saved himself so Travis was the replacement.

And BB fandom mocked him because he went around saying he wouldn't put a woman or a POC up as noms and he went against that with his initial noms.  I don't think anyone in the fandom called him racist, mostly because he was making so many promises, left and right.  Plus, Brent and Christian both talked him out of targeting them, then Christian won the first WC comp so he saved himself and X from nomination, so Frenchie's choices of who to nominate were seriously restricted because he was such a messy game player all around.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

I don't think anyone in the fandom called him racist

I have seen comments on twitter and on youtube calling him racist.

So your opinion is that an all black alliance is not racist right? I respect your opinion.

• Love 2

I can't believe Claire is only medium popular. 

Yeah it's just my typical disconnect I have every year from the feeds viewer POV and the TV only one. I think that's why Janelle and Kaysar's season was so unusual since the villains/hero storylines on the feeds matched up more fully with the storylines as edited on the show. But for Claire's sake it would have been better if HR was introduced between noms/Veto, so the audience could know she was being targeted.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, himela said:

So your opinion is that an all black alliance is not racist right? I respect your opinion.

I've already given my opinion about the CO, several times, in this discussion, even within the last day.

I'm not surprised to hear people calling him a racist (I only follow BB here and don't wade into the rest of the fandom world).  He could certainly be classified in the "but I have black friends so I'm not racist!" or the "white savior" categories of racist based on what I saw of him during his 2 weeks in the house.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 3

Wouldn't the community of BB Fans say that he is a racist?

They called him a racist for his game play? Frenchie leaned into looking and sounding like a Redneck pretty hard for a guy that wanted to dispel stereotypes about rednecks and with that racism,  and so yeah a lot of people were gonna label him one regardless of his game play. The general audience and media response was not to label him a racist, his best relationships were with Derek F and Tiffany.

• Love 3

BB twitter is as toxic as NBA twitter. Like they wanted to send Becky from BB17 death threats because she wanted to evict Vanessa. It was insane. 

No one can play BB worrying what BB twitter will think. Don't be racist, don't be a total asshole, and chances are most people outside of the BB twitter world will understand that it's a stressful environment and people sometimes don't say the smartest things.

No one from this cast has truly crossed the rubicon. Are they annoying sometimes? Sure. But I have no doubt that everyone is fundamentally an okay person.

• Love 8

So, it sounds like this is what happened with the bets:

Ky bet on Alyssa

DF bet on Britini

Claire bet on Ky

SB bet on Azah

DF and Claire were the only ones not bet on. So this does guarantee that a nominee SHOULD be coming off the block, unless Alyssa wins, in which case it'll all depend on if Ky is serious about his change of target.

So, if Alyssa wins veto, she likely won't use it unless X tells her to. Britini would go up by either Alyssa or Ky's veto and she'd probably go. 

DF and Azah both claim they'll throw it to Britini if they're the last three. But since it's OTEV, it's a very low chance of all three of them being the last ones standing. But if Britini wins, she takes down DF, DF doesn't use the second veto, Alyssa goes up and possibly out.

If Ky wins, it doesn't matter what he does because Claire will use the veto on herself and Britini or Alyssa will go up and out. 

If Azah wins, she could use it on DF. But if she doesn't, then SB could use the second veto on Claire to get Britini/Alyssa out.

Obviously, if DF/Claire win, they use veto on themselves.

I just haven't decided yet if Britini is the official target or if it'll change onto Alyssa. Probably Britini unless she wins veto. 

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Isn’t the target Claire? I’m pretty sure Ky wants Claire out the most.

Apparently now Ky is considering BDing Derex.

Ky's mind has changed a lot. Last I heard, the target was Britini, unless that changed again last night/this morning (it's possible I've missed conversations).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Lady Calypso just explained that really clearly and still have no idea how this is working as a "power' . They are betting that a HG wins and if the HG they bet on wins they usurp the VETO with their own? I used to feel reasonably smart but whoever came up with this is above my head and below my feet. I

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I honestly didn't forget him. I didn't know which team to put him in because I didn't know him long enough to develop any feelings, whether negative or positive, for him.

That's fair. Looking over the past ten seasons, Jace is the one I'm struggling to remember, so I may not have felt some kind of way about him. Travis, though, I'm filing under Underwhelming along with Steve and Glenn, although those two also get a side order of Sucks to Be Old. Jodi and Cameron never got to be on the feeds, so I don't know if one can have a real opinion about them other than Unfairly Screwed Over. David Girton (Season 15) was an Overwhelming No for me. As opposed to Joey, who goes in the Oh Girl, No box.

Dick (who walked) and Keesha don't count for the purposes of this review. David Alexander was originally on the bench with Jodi and Cameron but now he's sitting with Joey.

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, it sounds like this is what happened with the bets:

Ky bet on Alyssa

DF bet on Britini

Claire bet on Ky

SB bet on Azah

DF and Claire were the only ones not bet on. So this does guarantee that a nominee SHOULD be coming off the block, unless Alyssa wins, in which case it'll all depend on if Ky is serious about his change of target.

So, if Alyssa wins veto, she likely won't use it unless X tells her to. Britini would go up by either Alyssa or Ky's veto and she'd probably go. 

DF and Azah both claim they'll throw it to Britini if they're the last three. But since it's OTEV, it's a very low chance of all three of them being the last ones standing. But if Britini wins, she takes down DF, DF doesn't use the second veto, Alyssa goes up and possibly out.

If Ky wins, it doesn't matter what he does because Claire will use the veto on herself and Britini or Alyssa will go up and out. 

If Azah wins, she could use it on DF. But if she doesn't, then SB could use the second veto on Claire to get Britini/Alyssa out.

Obviously, if DF/Claire win, they use veto on themselves.

I just haven't decided yet if Britini is the official target or if it'll change onto Alyssa. Probably Britini unless she wins veto. 

BRB, gotta go grab a whiteboard and several colored markers to map all this out in a way that I can follow it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Isn’t the target Claire? I’m pretty sure Ky wants Claire out the most.

Apparently now Ky is considering BDing Derex.

I assume if he's considering a BD of Derex then X has been in his ear.  Deref hasn't mentioned Derex as a target at all.  But, Deref likes all the boys and wants to lose a girl ASAP.  

11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ky's mind has changed a lot. Last I heard, the target was Britini, unless that changed again last night/this morning (it's possible I've missed conversations).

Deref was putting Alyssa in his ear last night.  It's possible, since Hannah & Tiff have also concluded that Alyssa should be the one going, that all three of them, plus Azah who has a bit of a crush on X and is probably eyeing Alyssa as competition for his affections (which was her primary reason for wanting Whit out a few weeks ago), could convince Ky to sacrifice Alyssa and tell X "sorry, this is what the rest of the CO wants".  

Who the final target is really depends on how much Ky wants to bro out with X at the end versus staying loyal to the whole of the CO's wishes.  And the three women are already not happy with Ky for putting Claire up on the block this week and claiming that she was the 2nd person everyone in the CO wanted to target after SB this week.  All three, apparently, have said they never put her name out there as a target this week.  Messy gameplay from Ky that he doesn't realize, yet, they've picked up on.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, blixie said:

Lady Calypso just explained that really clearly and still have no idea how this is working as a "power' . They are betting that a HG wins and if the HG they bet on wins they usurp the VETO with their own? I used to feel reasonably smart but whoever came up with this is above my head and below my feet. I

If Ky wins veto then he gets a veto and Claire gets a veto because she bet on him. If Azah wins, her and SB get a veto. If Britini wins, her and Deref get a veto. If Alyssa wins, her and Ky get a veto. If Deref or Claire win, there is only 1 veto because no one bet on them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1