Type keyword(s) to search

Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis - Athletes with Racquets

• Start Topic

How is badminton this fun to watch?! We had a set in our backyard when I was in the 6th grade and we just tried to see how high we could make the birdie fly but competitive badminton is crazy! I'm loving it!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Dandesun said:

How is badminton this fun to watch?! We had a set in our backyard when I was in the 6th grade and we just tried to see how high we could make the birdie fly but competitive badminton is crazy! I'm loving it!

https://youtu.be/cZDn0U0w78k

Mary Carillo’s comparison of Olympic badminton vs backyard badminton is one of the weirdest moments in Olympic commentating.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kittykat said:

Yes!  He's already tied with Fed and Rafa in majors and I don't want him to overtake them.  At least the other two have gold medals.

Pulling for Zverev at this point.

Fed doesn't have a singles gold medal. He's often stated that it's his dream to win one but he's only* got a gold medal from doubles with Stan and a singles silver from London. Rafa has both. He won the singles at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and doubles with Marc Lopez at Rio in 2016.

*I don't mean to diminish Fed's accomplishments by using the word 'only'.  It's a praiseworthy feat and I mean it as a description of the number of times he's won a medal.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, shok said:

Fed doesn't have a singles gold medal. He's often stated that it's his dream to win one but he's only* got a gold medal from doubles with Stan and a singles silver from London. Rafa has both. He won the singles at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and doubles with Marc Lopez at Rio in 2016.

*I don't mean to diminish Fed's accomplishments by using the word 'only'.  It's a praiseworthy feat and I mean it as a description of the number of times he's won a medal.

Exactly.   A gold  is a gold and pretty impressive since Fed doesn’t usually focus on doubles.  I’m just taking glee that of the Big 3 (plus Andy Murray’s 2) that Novak has been denied.

I really don’t know much about Belinda Bencic but congratulations.  Another Swiss steps up.  And she has a shot at a doubles gold too.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Wow. Djokovic threw a temper tantrum and quit the bronze medal game? (that's what my friend is saying). geeze. 

It was the bronze mixed-doubles that he didn't play.

What an asshat. If I were his mixed partner I would be fucking livid. I just read up on it and  apparently he claimed to be injured, he probably hurt his shoulder while destroying his tennis rackets against Busta. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

What an asshat. If I were his mixed partner I would be fucking livid. I just read up on it and  apparently he claimed to be injured, he probably hurt his shoulder while destroying his tennis rackets against Busta. 

and it was her birthday too. 
i do not like this guy

• Love 2

I guess Djokovic is at the point where he knows many people don’t like him, and he just doesn’t care.  Threw a fit because he lost the bronze medal and then rage quit on his partner for the mixed doubles bronze.  

If there’s any justice, the Serbian Olympic Committee should refuse to pick him for Paris.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I guess Djokovic is at the point where he knows many people don’t like him, and he just doesn’t care.  Threw a fit because he lost the bronze medal and then rage quit on his partner for the mixed doubles bronze.  

If there’s any justice, the Serbian Olympic Committee should refuse to pick him for Paris.  

I wouldn't.

I have no idea how you just throw a tantrum like that, ruin someone else's chance at a medal, and it's all okay in his head. If i were his partner i'd tell him to sleep w/one eye open. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Daisy said:

Wow. Djokovic threw a temper tantrum and quit the bronze medal game? (that's what my friend is saying). geeze. 

Are you my friend that I text this news to? Cause that's exactly what I told her haha

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

He claims he dropped out of doubles because of a shoulder injury. Sure.

And, on top of all of that he criticized Simone Biles for not being able to deal with pressure.

Fuck that dude.

You will not find a bigger Djoker hater than me; however, in the interest of fairness, that quote seems to have been misrepresented.  He was talking about the pressure of chasing the Golden Slam (*sad trombone), not about Simone.  He has said and done an infinite number of other things that deserve enmity and hatred, so let's focus on those.

Like, for instance, making up an injury to explain his indefensible, impetuous withdrawal from mixed doubles and fucking over Nina Stojanovic and her medal chances when we all know he's just having an extended temper tantrum.  Go fuck yourself, asshole.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I love the unrelenting hate for NoVaxx DjoCovid. You are my people.

The comments section of the Washington Post article about ND’s behavior yesterday was full of ‘us’ too.  You would feel right at home, BlackberryJam!

Maybe unrelenting hate for ND can unite this divided country!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2