Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, DancerMom said:

Just coming here to post and say that! 
Erin, Taylor and Kristin way in back of pack. 

My guess is Erin def and prob Taylor are in back bc of height. Taylor I think is absolutely stunning but a blender dancer and Kristin blender all over. Erin has been show group so I doubt her dancing is an issue. Sometimes there just aren't enough spaces to put everyone in an ideal spot. Which is another reason I love the split point and roating the girls in the diamond.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

My guess is Erin def and prob Taylor are in back bc of height. Taylor I think is absolutely stunning but a blender dancer and Kristin blender all over. Erin has been show group so I doubt her dancing is an issue. Sometimes there just aren't enough spaces to put everyone in an ideal spot. Which is another reason I love the split point and roating the girls in the diamond.

Good point, Jada is back there too. Kristin looks very tired and is not smiling at end.  If so many vets hadn’t retired and left, she would be gone.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, DancerMom said:

Good point, Jada is back there too. Kristin looks very tired and is not smiling at end.  If so many vets hadn’t retired and left, she would be gone.  

That is the truth!  She lucked out with so many vets that retired, were injured, or took a year off for unknown reasons. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, KatieC said:

That is the truth!  She lucked out with so many vets that retired, were injured, or took a year off for unknown reasons. 

I still think Kelli could of still cut her if she wanted to 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I believe they put all of show group as the front 16 (18 now?) of the pyramid. That way when they have show group performances, no one has to remember different ripples, groups, counts, etc. for Thunder. This would explain why Taylor, Erin, Kristin, etc. are further back than you'd expect from their tenure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I still think Kelli could of still cut her if she wanted to 

She wouldn't be able to have it on the show for shocking effect! (Unless she called camera crew back!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DancerMom said:

She wouldn't be able to have it on the show for shocking effect! (Unless she called camera crew back!)

The show hasn't aired yet. She could definitely call them back & edit it in. They didn't have to call the cameras back to do it, but they totally went back & ghosted Erica after the Canton debacle. Kelli would have no problem doing whatever she needed to do to get the result she wanted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Touchy subject question. Since we  kinda are and kinda are not in COVID times - is this season, 2021-2022 of MTT like seasons 1-14 ? I'm sure the producers heard an earful about last year production.

I would admit (with great fear)  - there was a couple changes last year that I did like. I like that candidates didn't have to hunt for a place to live. I like that the candidates had a few routines sent to them. There are probably a few more items - but afraid to say at the moment.😨

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10

I wouldn't say Gina is all that ugly either, in fact the woman is a real looker and a stunning dancer. If you are prepared to just settle for looks at the point of the triangle then Rachael it is!

FB_IMG_1624999858559.jpg

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b28b7882836bc16c166e59efb8ac33e1.jpg

At least Rachel is pretty. That's all that matters. 🙃

I find it amusing I never mentioned a name other than Gina yet Rachel came up.  Thankfully, there are 36 different ladies for us all to enjoy.  Or not. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I wouldn't say Gina is all that ugly either, in fact the woman is a real looker and a stunning dancer. If you are prepared to just settle for looks at the point of the triangle then Rachael it is!

FB_IMG_1624999858559.jpg

Here's another one for your collection.

hairbyladystreater_1594423482_sm.jpg

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Gina is not boring.  I'll give her that.  I'd rather see personality than vanilla.  Werk it girl!

I agree!!  And with an action shot of ANYONE, you're going to have a possibility of exaggerated face grimaces or expressions......esp. with a shutter speed of infinity !! With exception to Rachel W...... has anyone checked for 666 inside that fabulous highlighted mane of her's?  (JK)  I think she's a pretty girl(but vacant in her expression)  I think she's a really good dancer - better than I realized- but still not point worthy!  I think Gina dances circles around her and I personally think Ashlee could've very easily been the other point (IMO)

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b28b7882836bc16c166e59efb8ac33e1.jpg

At least Rachel is pretty. That's all that matters. 🙃

We can easily flip this and say "At least Gina can dance. That's all that matters. 🙃 " Lol all the girls are gorgeous and amazing dancers. Also, if we're being totally honest here, Gina's expression will probably reach people miles away, which is exactly why she exaggerates so much. The audience isn't zooming in on their faces.

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I wouldn't say Gina is all that ugly either, in fact the woman is a real looker and a stunning dancer.

I don’t think people meant to say she is ugly, because she isn’t! It’s just her overall very skinny appearance that is worrying. That, and her occasional funny faces when she is dancing. The pictures shown by you all, show her true beauty.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I don’t think people meant to say she is ugly, because she isn’t! It’s just her overall very skinny appearance that is worrying. That, and her occasional funny faces when she is dancing. The pictures shown by you all, show her true beauty.

You did a great job putting this in words. 

I've stayed out of the Gina weight discussions b/c as a 5'3" petite woman weighing less than 100, without an eating disorder, if I raise my arms above my chest, I see ribs too.  It's just how I'm built.  I'm not saying either way what's going on with Gina.  I have no way of knowing.  Just that it's also possible to be small framed, like me.

• Love 21

Both Gina and Rachel are beautiful in their own way. One of the reasons I always loved Gina is because she was so into the dancing that she just didn’t care if it was picture perfect. Whereas Rachel W seems to be more aware of how she looks while dancing to create that perfect Kodak moment (did I just age myself there?). So Rachel W’s dancing just doesn’t seem as passionate Ginas. 

The issue I have with Gina is that she just doesn’t look healthy/sexy anymore - like Lexie or retired DCC Alexis. Or like how she looked in 2018. She was super sexy then. Now, she’s just a little too hard. It doesn’t have anything to do with her ribs (since the other girls have ribs popping out), she’s just too sinewy. For me, it just isn’t pleasant to look at. I know not everyone agrees and that’s ok 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 18

I think Gina discovered a new self when she tore her ACL in November 2019. After surgery she was almost incapable of walking and over the following months she showed true character and determination to get herself ready for 2020 auditions. It speaks volumes that her 2020 solo was another "bomb" performance and not without reason her team mates voted her Veteran Of The Year. I think that process has given her a leaner look but I feel certain it is healthy and what she is happy with. She is a dedicated dancer and knows her own body and what it is capable off. If she was undernourished or anorexic she would not be capable of the bomb performances we see from her. Concerns expressed are understandable but I think we have to give her credit as a dancer athlete and veteran that she knows what she is doing.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Nice to see Maddie riding the MLM train hardcore now, sigh… 

You can take the girl out of Utah…

(At least this is a new one I haven’t heard of yet tho!)

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Not sure there is any need to filter it. Take a look at the lady to the right of Rachel. She is showing more ribs than Gina. It's a natural image when you have lean dancers body extended with hands above head which elongated the body and shows the ribs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I think Megan C is one of the most gorgeous of all time, and look how the camera caught her once. If it could happen to her, it could happen to anybody.

image.png.982f5ce99a9041c1d6053b9e5c5709da.png

You could knock me over with a feather telling me that is Megan C! I thought it was an ad! How did you even find this pic? She looks like a much older lady…

12 hours ago, go4luca said:

All pretty ladies.  Elli really has a beautiful smile.

ellidigiovanni_2641830538214953539_9950293_PT.jpg

I think it is time to say this now:
DANI FOR POINT!

She's got it all. No blank stare, great dancer (strange that she is not in SG).

1790506873_Screenshot2021-08-18at13_36_24.png.4242fc1024adbdc2f988f53c348cd54d.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I think it is time to say this now:
DANI FOR POINT!

She's got it all. No blank stare, great dancer (strange that she is not in SG).

1790506873_Screenshot2021-08-18at13_36_24.png.4242fc1024adbdc2f988f53c348cd54d.png

I swear Chandi and Dani would tie for the most adorable dancer on the team. But does anyone else think she looks.. YOUNG. I know Dani is like 24 but she looks 16 to me. Looks even younger than little Marrisa.  Maybe when the squad is finally able to do a new swimsuit calendar, the make-up team will help with the sex appeal part. They always seem to go super heavy with the make up for that. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

I think we have to be careful not to judge or rank these ladies by whether they are on show group or not. Some have full time jobs which don't allow them the time to dedicate to show group and although they audition for it they elect to opt out of selection. A few are obvious like Taylor who is a full time teacher so cannot take the time off within school terms. Others are students and may  feel the time commitment is too great. I don't know enough about some of the others to be able to decide if they want show group but can't get it or are good enough but don't want it.

Show Group gets paid an additional $1,000 a year, which is nothing. It is probably more lucrative to have another job. The 2021 show group seemed like it performed mostly at Six Flags, which is lackluster in comparison with other years. I would not blame anyone if they declined Show Group. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

Show Group gets paid an additional $1,000 a year, which is nothing. It is probably more lucrative to have another job. The 2021 show group seemed like it performed mostly at Six Flags, which is lackluster in comparison with other years. I would not blame anyone if they declined Show Group. 

They only did one show at six flags and it was only a few of the ladies !! The other six flags shows were done by the all stars

21 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

The show hasn't aired yet. She could definitely call them back & edit it in. They didn't have to call the cameras back to do it, but they totally went back & ghosted Erica after the Canton debacle. Kelli would have no problem doing whatever she needed to do to get the result she wanted.

They always have the footage from her first cut, and half the TV audience would not know the difference 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2