Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't watch Law & Order OC because there was too much Saint Olivia in the early episodes so I wasn't influenced by Dylan's performance as that character.  I thought he fit in nicely and did well with the new team.  I hope that continues.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

When pastor Bob was.going off on his feelings  towards homosexuals and Remy pulled him close and said how if that is true then he may be having some trouble at the pearly gates.as well.  I wondered if they were implying that Remy may be gay.  I personally think that would be great.  I doubt i am correct though.  Did anyone else think that?

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't watch Law & Order OC because there was too much Saint Olivia in the early episodes so I wasn't influenced by Dylan's performance as that character.  I thought he fit in nicely and did well with the new team.  I hope that continues.

I like to wait for awhile before watching a new show in case it gets canned early.  I would look at the episode threads each week here for L&O: OC during it's first season to see how it was progressing. When I saw how it continued to be intertwined so closely intertwined with SVU during that time it kind of chased me away too with all of the Saint Olivia mentions. I still haven't tried watching it especially after seeing all the vocal criticisms of the character Dylan played.

I have Paramount + so I might give Dylan's first episode of MW a try....

• Love 1

I just watched it.  It came up on CBS app.  I’m pleasantly surprised so far.  

What was that speech at the end to the culprit all about?

The new guy’s backstory is a little overdone, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I liked this episode pretty good, once again a couple of evil villains, I liked seeing the team track them down, and I’m liking Remy a lot so far, I was hesitant about him coming on but he’s fitting in really well. Good case with good twists and action, I did wonder what happened to the translator who they originally thought was the perp? Did I miss something there? Another good episode overall. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I liked this episode pretty good, once again a couple of evil villains, I liked seeing the team track them down, and I’m liking Remy a lot so far, I was hesitant about him coming on but he’s fitting in really well. Good case with good twists and action, I did wonder what happened to the translator who they originally thought was the perp? Did I miss something there? Another good episode overall. 

Agreed.  It was a good episode #2 for Remy.  The only part where I rolled my eyes was when literally the exact moment after they wrapped up the case, Hana and Remy were walking and Hana said “I’m sorry; I guess I’m distracted; I’m just thinking about my birth mom”.  What??  It was such a personal moment shoehorned into the case wrap-up moment.  Of course, I thought what would the PrimeTimer folks think?!?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Hana and Remy were walking and Hana said “I’m sorry; I guess I’m distracted; I’m just thinking about my birth mom”.  What??  It was such a personal moment shoehorned into the case wrap-up moment.  Of course, I thought what would the PrimeTimer folks think?!?

This primetimer thinks Hana's alleged brother is bogus and is going to be trouble.

• Love 10
On 4/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, TimetoShine said:

You know, I'm kind of liking Remy, the new guy.  What I don't like is how he's making Kristin almost his #2!  She is the one cast member I can't tolerate!  Her VOICE is so scratchy & gravely that half the time I can't even understand what she just said.  Plus she acts so arrogant...I want her replaced!  Love Hana and the young guy (I forget his name).  And yeah, Hana's brother popping up out of the blue, to me it's like kind of a reach by the writers, so I go along with what someone else just posted, that something is gonne definitely be up with him, so watchout, dear Hana!  So bottom line is that while I miss Jess, he turned his backs on us so I'm now good with Remy taking over.  Just PLEASE, write out the character of Kristin.  She's obnoxious!!

S03•E18 - Reaper

Well, something weird happens. I don’t hate Remy Scott. Maybe it’s a good thing because I still don’t like Kristin and Hana. These two roles are badly miscast, IMHO.

Remy should have the “talk” with Hana about being distracted at work in a life/death situation instead of trying to be buddy-buddy with her. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I seriously hope that we won’t be seeing Hana’s brother again. Her personal drama adds nothing to this show. Why she gets to have a personal storyline again when we know nothing about Ivan’s family? And ohh, no workplace romance between them please‼️

One thing that I don’t really understand, why Farzad/Badi Wazeer raped Art Weller (1st victim). Was something bad happened in Afghanistan, something sexual? Did I miss something?

I miss the profiling part of this show. I miss seeing Jess sits at a table, puts his profiler hat on and starts digging into criminals’ head.💔

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I seriously hope that we won’t be seeing Hana’s brother again. Her personal drama adds nothing to this show. Why she gets to have a personal storyline again when we know nothing about Ivan’s family?

I have a pretty strong personal opinion on personal stories in police procedurals - I can't stand it. Couldn't stand Stabler's family on SVU and still can't stand them on L&O-OC. Didn't give a darn about LaCroix's family on Most Wanted. Olivia Benson's son Noah can kick rocks.

I just feel that the personal stuff slows down the episode. I prefer to have the episode focus on the case at hand. L&O Mothership had very little personal drama and focused on cases.

Just my opinion...

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I have a pretty strong personal opinion on personal stories in police procedurals - I can't stand it. Couldn't stand Stabler's family on SVU and still can't stand them on L&O-OC. Didn't give a darn about LaCroix's family on Most Wanted. Olivia Benson's son Noah can kick rocks.

I just feel that the personal stuff slows down the episode. I prefer to have the episode focus on the case at hand. L&O Mothership had very little personal drama and focused on cases.

Just my opinion...

I wish I could "like" this 100 times.  Exactly how I feel.  More Law and More Order / Cut out the Personal Drama.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Just my opinion...

SVU opened the door to widely for personal issues to become part of that show. Bobby on CI's personal issues didn't really bother me on that show until Nicole Wallace kept reappearing over and over to torment him. The St. Oliva Hour stuff on SVU finally got to be too much for me when Noah kept ending up in peril along with those awful episodes where she got kidnapped by one of the recurring criminals that kept haunting that show to a nauseating degree. I much preferred SVU as an actual ensemble show like it was created as.

I liked that the L&O mothership just gave glimpses into things happening in the characters lives. It was just enough to know what was going on without it taking away from what the show was about for the most part.

Jess's home life on MW did get to be too much on the show. It's not why I stopped watching though. The cases got to be a bit overwhelming for me content wise with how brutal they were. The episode where I started realizing this was the one where a boyfriend and girlfriend were on a callous murder spree where I think she ended up as the survivor out of the two. I didn't like how I felt for a few days after that episode and my viewing started to trail off after that until I didn't pick up the show this season. I've seen people mention that this show is similar in content to Criminal Minds which is a show I've only seen a handful of episodes of because of content so I guess that might be why this one ended up getting to me so much.

• Love 4

They are deliberately showing scenarios where Remy is an understanding and chill new boss to make him likeable to viewers (much like Gary Cole's new NCIS Parker). I'm sure Remy has a cliché "hidden dark side/ past" which all crime leaders must have revealed, especially given Dylan M's brooding looks / demeanour and past stereotyped roles (AHS show, for eg). And his relative youth compared to Gary Cole's character haha!

Be thankful we did not see Remy visiting his Alzheimer's mom (that he mentioned) at the end of this episode. Yet. New Zealand broski was cheesy, my bet is he won't be back this season, or ever. Maybe just mentioned as part of Hana's personal story.

I'm a new viewer, but I thought Hana was cast to show viewers an "average cutie" on tv, as opposed to the typical knockout ethereal beauties usually on tv, like Kristin and FBI's Isobel.

NCIS viewers will remember this baddie (the interpreter with the big face) as being on the Jan 3rd 2022 NCIS episode "Pledge of Allegiance" as the innocent, wronged Afghan-born US navy chief officer.

7 hours ago, Poohpoohpooh said:

Be thankful we did not see Remy visiting his Alzheimer's mom (that he mentioned) at the end of this episode.

We will meet Remy’s mom Betsy and his sister Claire in next episode.

S03•E19 (Whack Job) - The team goes after the killer of a man in witness protection but finds there’s more to the case than meets the eye. Also, Remy is challenged by what he discovers when he reconnects with his mother Betsy, in person.

Who Plays Remy's Mom Betsy Scott on 'FBI: Most Wanted'?

12532CD6-0576-4DB6-865D-147F4AE2E36E.jpeg

4EF12781-830C-4354-9B1D-4BE508E80FA7.jpeg

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

We will meet Remy’s mom Betsy and his sister Claire in next episode.

S03•E19 (Whack Job) - The team goes after the killer of a man in witness protection but finds there’s more to the case than meets the eye. Also, Remy is challenged by what he discovers when he reconnects with his mother Betsy, in person.

Who Plays Remy's Mom Betsy Scott on 'FBI: Most Wanted'?

12532CD6-0576-4DB6-865D-147F4AE2E36E.jpeg

4EF12781-830C-4354-9B1D-4BE508E80FA7.jpeg

Can't wait, something to look forward to . . . NOT.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Preeya, you're so funny. Your comment was EXACTLY what I would have said about more "family" being included in the episodes.  And my best guess is that the thing he finds out about his mother is that she has Alzheimer's or dementia which would mean Remy's ongoing assistance will be needed to help with her care, even though his sister would help as well.  And that all means that his mother & sister are likely going to be an ONGOING presence in the series.  So yes, I so agree with you and others who have stated it just puts a drag on the actual cases the team will be dealing with.  Writers of these various shows we all watch must be on the same page because the other shows do tend to bring in at least one family member.  To me, it's like ok deal with it but don't bring the situations/drama into the episodes so we all have to deal with it as well.  (Gosh, I'm sounding pretty heartless!  Ha!)  And one last thing, I still would like Kristin to be replaced; her voice and her arrogance and her acting like Remy's #2 in command is highly annoying!  Just my take.

• Love 4

Good case, but please do not make Remy’s family the new “Tali/Jess’ family”, the show got bogged down by an overfocus on Jess’ personal life, and I don’t want a repeat with Remy. I like Remy a lot so far and his interaction with the daughter in this episode was very good, so please keep the personal drama to a minimum. The case was good although they figured it out quicker than usual, the stepmom was pure evil. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, preeya said:

So Remy's got mommy issues, and by the way who chews jell-o.

Don’t laugh, but I’m literally having some sugar-free jell-o as I’m reading this!  There’s a smidge of chewing involved.

So far, I’m settling in with Remy on the team and I definitely was one with doubts about DM when he was announced.  Keep the family stuff to an absolute minimum; keep Dylan from chewing scenes; focus on great stories; don’t veer into Criminal Minds hard-to-watch territory; and I’m a happy camper.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Good case, not a "senseless" murderer but a personal family vengeance aspect this time. Reminded me of Hitchcock's "Strangers on a Train". This theme was also done on the old CSI (s3,e19) when it was good, I just looked that up. I don't know how the team could draw the connection so quickly.

The FMW showrunner clearly thinks personal family screentime for the team lead is very important (Jesse, then Remy now) to make FMW unique among crime shows. Which is the opposite thought than what the NCIS showrunners have!

It's inexplicable right? Some actors just have that X-factor / gravitas / magnetism like Dylan M clearly does to command a show, while some just... Don't. (Eg: McGee from Ncis, likable but lightweight)

• Love 5

Strangers in a sauna.    My personal opinion is I tend to like the episodes on procedurals where women are cold hearted baddies.   So this hit all the marks for me.

I don’t mind family drama for the main cast as long as the show doesn’t get bogged down by it.   I never understood how you are supposed to care about a character on a procedural if you know nothing about them.     There is a fine line and I think Most Wanted straddles it pretty well.  You care about the main cast and want them to succeed but the show isn’t strictly about them either.   If you get my meaning.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6

S03•E19 - Whack Job

Not really an interesting episode for me. A very familiar plot with so-so baddies. Both Janine and Kyra are not badass enough, not meticulous enough to pull everything off. Remy and his team don’t do profiling anymore, don’t even try to dig further into criminals’ mind.

Kristin noticing something is off with Remy, then he opens up to her about his mom, then both talking about kids etc - are these breadcrumbs to potential romance? Nope, please don’t go there.

I have ZERO interest in Remy’s family matters and mommy issues. Then seeing him loving and eating jell-o, I get girly vibes from him, I don’t know why.

When will Sheryll be coming back to work? I miss her. I can’t handle too much Kristin on my screen. Ugh.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 4

No official announcement yet, but FMW will definitely be renewed right? No way they'd bring on tv A-lister Dylan M. for just 5 episodes and say "see ya". I'm sure all 3 FBI shows will be renewed to keep cbs' Tuesday night lineup a no-brainer, the same way all 3 NCIS shows were renewed on 3/31/2022.

• Love 1

This was a great episode - loved it all the way around. Strong case, evil villain, memorable characters, one of my favorite episodes of this show.

I’m really liking Remy, he’s a colorful character who’s very different from Jess, he’s more edgy and has more charisma.

Both Jackie the hitman and the retired agent who worked on the case were memorable characters.

Good investigation in tracking them down, and I liked seeing the team go to Vegas briefly and get out of the NY area.

I liked Remy with the judge as well - I thought they knew each other based on their first interaction but I guess they didn’t, pretty bold of Remy to try to flirt with the judge to get the warrant and then show up at her house. I wonder if that’s going anywhere and if we’ll see the judge again. 

• Love 9

So did Remy . . . . .  you know??

Good episode but "Goodfellas" it wasn't. 

They really did some geography tonight. Long Island, Brooklyn, Staten Island, New Jersey, and Las Vegas and perhaps Manhattan.

Interesting case. Can't believe the killer did it for kicks only. I thought the distraught husband at the drive-through (of the random mom and 2 boys) was the killer at first. Hah! Not sure if this theme is offensive to Sicilian-Americans.

Remy is 3 episodes in and we meet his blonde, hot, friendly-with-him ex-wife. We will only meet the new NCIS' Agent Parker's ex-wife on his 20th episode (the season finale airing 5/23).

I had thoughts that Remy was gay from the ex-wife telling him "find someone who is your Bryan". Seems like conflict of interest to hit on the warrant-granting judge, but eh it's a tv show. At least he didn't hit on Kristin his co-worker. They are really shoehorning Remy's character (and neglecting Hanah and Ivan Ortiz). Remy is ImPuLsIvE, he said so himself! Etc. (NCIS does Gary Cole's Parker more subtly).

• Love 2

The killer was showing off his skills to get a job in the mob.

I seen a few mob movies in my lifetime. While you might think the made guys were cool when you were a teen and stupid you did notice that they all end up dead, snitches, or in jail for life sooner rather then later.

• Love 3

Wow! FMW is so desperate to show us how impulsive Remy can be. Romantically pursuing a judge after knowing her for 5 minutes. Keeps eating from strangers’ table. One day, he will end up poison himself etc. But hey, being impulsive is so cool! 🙄

Good job Ivan on detecting the soy sauce clue.👍🏻

Hana is not fit as an FBI agent. She cannot keep relying on other agents to chase suspects.

Sheryll, please come back, pleaseeeee! 😩

• Love 1

Do the writers realize they have written Remy as a male Mary Sue?  He is practically a cartoon at this point, but a very very perfect in every way cartoon. He enters the cast as larger than life, better at everything than they are, they admire him, he has the money and the loft apartment and the cool car and the clothes and he struts around and throws out clever lines wherever he goes and makes the women look twice and swoon (even if privately).  He has the beautiful still friendly ex-wife who is his equal in the flirty boss bitch position. And he's of course trying to pick up the judge on the case because he loves strong women. Of course he does. He should be wearing a jaunty chapeau and carry a walking cane with a sword in the handle. And a long leather coat. 

Seriously. He. Is Ridiculous.

• LOL 5

I think you need a few more episodes to see the real Remy and not just what he looks like on the surface.

The cool car looks a bit beat and unreliable. Just reminds me of somebody who used to have money and had a toy car and that is what he is left with now.

All his belongings fit on a couple small boxes that his ex wife and boyfriend had to pack (was he still living with them)?

He has very few clothes from the looks of what came from the dry cleaner and the amount of boxes he has. If that clean jacket didn't show up he would have went to work with what he woke up with.. ick.

Who exactly if the guy who brought up the dry cleaning and packages anyway and why didn't he tip him?

Going to the judges house with a bottle of booze without calling seems very reckless.

Did he wake up late at the start of the show hung over? He was also happy as a pig in shit to get that bottle of booze with the other boxes he didn't bother to open.

Judging by the house his mother has his family probably had money at some time but not now since his sister has to take care of his mother.

Jess wasn't flashy, or rich (but not broke either) but he was 100% together outside of grieving for his wife which he seemed to get over with the new girlfriend. Plus he was 100% a good profiler who used skill to nab the suspects and not luck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

Jess wasn't flashy, or rich (but not broke either) but he was 100% together outside of grieving for his wife which he seemed to get over with the new girlfriend. Plus he was 100% a good profiler who used skill to nab the suspects and not luck.

Sure, but one could argue he had to be: Unlike Remy, Jess had a daughter to raise. (Granted, with help from his in-laws, but I'd think his focus on Tali helped keep him together.)

I kind of like that Remy isn't so together. Seems more true to life. Some people can be terrific at their jobs, but their personal lives are a mess. A lot of Dick Wolf characters seem to have that in common: Remy Scott, Lennie Briscoe, Elliot Stabler, Bobby Goren...

So Remy is in great company, Dick Wolf character-wise!

• Love 3

They would cement this as the Remyremyremy show if in this season's finale (Remy’s 5th or 6th episode), the case is impacted by Remy's personal mess: either his hungover drinking, his "pill popping" (he took some pills when he first met them, could be for his hangover), or his dementia mother-caretaker sister story.

That's my prediction for the finale. Heck, his ma might even be involved in the finale case (as a witness?).

To my mind, it's already the Remy show. Dylan M came in with the marquee name, while the rest of the cast are still unknown names afaik. (I enjoy calm Ivan Ortiz and wish he would take wilmer valderrama's place on ncis)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, UnknownK said:

I think you need a few more episodes to see the real Remy and not just what he looks like on the surface.

The cool car looks a bit beat and unreliable. Just reminds me of somebody who used to have money and had a toy car and that is what he is left with now.

All his belongings fit on a couple small boxes that his ex wife and boyfriend had to pack (was he still living with them)?

He has very few clothes from the looks of what came from the dry cleaner and the amount of boxes he has. If that clean jacket didn't show up he would have went to work with what he woke up with.. ick.

Who exactly if the guy who brought up the dry cleaning and packages anyway and why didn't he tip him?

Going to the judges house with a bottle of booze without calling seems very reckless.

I could not believe that.  Since they did not show any evidence of personal history, I assume that his request for the warrant was his first interaction with her.  He had no way of knowing that she would be receptive to a visit.  But hey, in Remy world, women are happy when he shows up on their doorstep late at night because he's just that sexy!  I was seriously getting stalker vibes.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

He had no way of knowing that she would be receptive to a visit.

In fact, didn't he ask her (after showing up with the wine) if she was married or otherwise involved? He had no idea of her relationship status (or even if she were heterosexual).

• Love 2

Just don’t like Remy. I don’t like the cocky attitude to the point that he’s a big show off. When he sat in the restaurant and took the food, it was just something a serious agent wouldn’t do.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Just don’t like Remy. I don’t like the cocky attitude to the point that he’s a big show off. When he sat in the restaurant and took the food, it was just something a serious agent wouldn’t do.  

Agreed.  And drank wine while on the job.  Just no.

• Love 6
On 5/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, UnknownK said:

The killer was showing off his skills to get a job in the mob.

I seen a few mob movies in my lifetime. While you might think the made guys were cool when you were a teen and stupid you did notice that they all end up dead, snitches, or in jail for life sooner rather then later.

That may have been how it started, but he’s one sick, twisted unit. And too stupid to realize his compulsion will do him out of the job he so desperately seeks (ANY job for that matter). No sane person would even talk to him. I’m kind of surprised somebody doesn’t take him out before the agents find him. 

• Love 2

I appreciated appearances from Paul Ben-Victor and Glynn Turman. GT has been on this earth since 1947, and I swear, he’s been in everything (everywhere)! He has a very recognizable voice and demeanor, and is always a joy to watch, even in heavy, dramatic roles.  Although PB most notably played more suspect characters in the past, I most liked him as “Stan” from In Plain Sight. Guess I’ll see if it’s streaming somewhere. 
BTW, they’re playing with us with Remy’s interest in/pursuit of the judge. Name the “flaming affair” actress from D McD’s past to whom, this new judge character bears an eerily striking resemblance (honestly, it all looked too, too familiar). 

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Daff said:

I appreciated appearances from Paul Ben-Victor and Glynn Turman. GT has been on this earth since 1947, and I swear, he’s been in everything (everywhere)! He has a very recognizable voice and demeanor, and is always a joy to watch, even in heavy, dramatic roles.  Although PB most notably played more suspect characters in the past, I most liked him as “Stan” from In Plain Sight. Guess I’ll see if it’s streaming somewhere. 
BTW, they’re playing with us with Remy’s interest in/pursuit of the judge. Name the “flaming affair” actress from D McD’s past to whom, this new judge character bears an eerily striking resemblance (honestly, it all looked too, too familiar). 

Was the actress on Grey's Anatomy Lauren Stamile?

The actress who plays the judge is Wendy Moniz.  I remember her as the co-star of "The Guardian" with Simon Baker back in the early 2000's.  I've always thought that she was a doppelganger for Kim Delaney.

If they go with her as a past love interest, it would explain a lot.  I will give them that the judge is an age appropriate interest for Remy.  

Edited by nittany cougar
1 hour ago, nittany cougar said:

The actress who plays the judge is Wendy Moniz.  I remember her as the co-star of "The Guardian" with Simon Baker back in the early 2000's.  I've always thought that she was a doppelganger for Kim Delaney.

If they go with her as a past love interest, it would explain a lot.  I will give them that the judge is an age appropriate interest for Remy.  

I remember Wendy Moniz from Guiding Light. 

IMO, the show has changed a bit with the move from Jess to Remy. Remy strikes me as cocky, full of himself and a slight bit smarmy. It's not turning me off but it fits perfectly with how I usually look at Dylan McDermott roles. Jess was none of that. He brought a more cerebral process to profiling the perps. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

Was the actress on Grey's Anatomy Lauren Stamile?

No, I knew she’s Wendy M. and looked at her photos on IMDb. It just bugged me through the whole episode that the provocative looks, the banter, and her eyes seemed awfully familiar, but specifically in relation to DMcD. She looks a lot like Lara Boyle, especially in the eyes. 

Yes, immediately Guiding Light came to mind.  Luckily I never watched the show more than a few half episodes before Dylan, so I can't waste time comparing him and his predecessor, whom I have never enjoyed in anything he was in.  He was the main reason I didn't watch the show, although the weak supporting cast is an issue for both leading men.  

I've liked Dylan since Dark Blue and I think he is doing a o.k. job.  After a couple of episodes, I realized I just don't like the show that much, even after giving him a try.  I don't like the International one at all, and would have rather saw Dylan there.  It is nothing but a poor imitation of Crossing Lines ,which did it so much better and should have been given a shot. 

Not recognizable or marquee?  Isn't there an Oscar nominee in this cast? 

• Love 1

Wendy Moniz was also recently on Yellowstone as the Montana governor who was sleeping with Kevin Costner. She was also on Law and Order Organized Crime as an ADA or US Attorney, can’t remember which one. 

• Love 2