Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/31/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 31 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 5/5/2021) – Billy Crystal & Tiffany Haddish (“Here Today”)

Tuesday, June 1 – ABC News Chief Legal Correspondent Dan Abrams (Author, “Kennedy’s Avenger”)

Wednesday, June 2 — Chris Matthews (Author, “This Country”); Busy Philipps (“Girls5eva”)

Thursday, June 3 — Wanda Sykes & Kim Fields (“The Upshaws”)

Friday, June 4 — Sinéad O’Connor (Author, “Rememberings”);  Giada De Laurentiis (Author, “Eat Better, Feel Better”)

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Free hour on Friday and part of Wednesday!

Hearing whatever odd things Sinéad O’Connor has to say might be the only interesting part of what's scheduled for the week here. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Hearing whatever odd things Sinéad O’Connor has to say might be the only interested part of what's scheduled for the week here. 

Good point.  I’m not sure why they dug up Chris Matthews for Wednesday, though.  We waited forever for him to go away.

• LOL 6
18 hours ago, Kromm said:

Hearing whatever odd things Sinéad O’Connor has to say might be the only interesting part of what's scheduled for the week here. 

I know she's crazier than a shit house rat, but her The Lion & The Cobra remains one of my favorite albums.  Still love her.

Is Dan Abrams back on to explain the Cosby trial to Whoopi? ;)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I believe the last time Abrams was on there was some huge argument going on. At least I remember him looking like "I'm getting the hell out of this place!" No idea what the topic was about. It's been a long time since then.

Thursday's guests are the only ones I'm interested in seeing.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Is Dan Abrams back on to explain the Cosby trial to Whoopi? ;)

I can hear her now, "Well, Dan, if the man says he don't need treatment, he don't!" 🙄

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I believe the last time Abrams was on there was some huge argument going on. At least I remember him looking like "I'm getting the hell out of this place!" No idea what the topic was about. It's been a long time since then.

I think Dan Abrams last appearance was the episode when Meghun stated that she didn't shave a problem calling covid-19 being called the China virus.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

Nowadays, that's just called a typical Monday or any other day that ends in a Y.

On 5/27/2021 at 4:33 PM, falltime said:

Friday, June 4 — Sinéad O’Connor (Author, “Rememberings”)

Ooh Boy, this one makes me nervous.  😬  Are the ladies up to this? (NO) I can only imagine how sad her book must be because she has 'been through some things,' and she can be 'a lot' so I hope the ladies will be able to handle the seriousness of it all because they usually ... cannot. 

You know how certain people mark very specific times in your life?  She does that for me.  When her video for Nothing Compares 2 U was released I was 17 and I can still remember how much of an impact she had on me and my friends because of her unique look and sound.  Iconic in every sense of the word for me.  My husband is an 80s music nut and still listens to her album, The Lion and the Cobra regularly. 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:00 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I know she's crazier than a shit house rat, but her The Lion & The Cobra remains one of my favorite albums.  Still love her.

💯❤️

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 6

Geez, just as a refresher I just looked at O'Connor's Wikipedia.  I definitely remembered the Pope photo thing, and the period after she became Muslim and said that "all non-Muslims are disgusting", but there's other bits of lunacy I'd forgotten or never knew about. For example, this full fledged war she apparently had with Madonna.  I knew Madonna had mocked the Pope photo tearing by tearing up a photo of Joey Buttafuoco, but apparently the two traded viscous barbs for years.  Then there was some weird public letter she wrote to Miley Cyrus about being "too sexual". And apparently she's made all kinds of claims about Prince, detailed here.

She's promoting the book mentioned in that linked article, so I imagine that's the purpose of the visit.  I'm thinking it's likely he'll come up during the interview. The details DO vary somewhat from a 2014 interview, where she instead just suggested they got in a fistfight (which the new version of the story has replaced with some bizarre bit about Prince trying to engage her in a pillow fight, but she ran because his pillow had some hard object in it). 

Egad.  Even typing that was weird. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Geez, just as a refresher I just looked at O'Connor's Wikipedia.  I definitely remembered the Pope photo thing, and the period after she became Muslim and said that "all non-Muslims are disgusting", but there's other bits of lunacy I'd forgotten or never knew about. For example, this full fledged war she apparently had with Madonna.  I knew Madonna had mocked the Pope photo tearing by tearing up a photo of Joey Buttafuoco, but apparently the two traded viscous barbs for years.  Then there was some weird public letter she wrote to Miley Cyrus about being "too sexual". And apparently she's made all kinds of claims about Prince, detailed here.

She's promoting the book mentioned in that linked article, so I imagine that's the purpose of the visit.  I'm thinking it's likely he'll come up during the interview. The details DO vary somewhat from a 2014 interview, where she instead just suggested they got in a fistfight (which the new version of the story has replaced with some bizarre bit about Prince trying to engage her in a pillow fight, but she ran because his pillow had some hard object in it). 

Egad.  Even typing that was weird. 

And this interview will happen on Friday, when Whoopi won't be there to defend Prince.

• Useful 1

Not to get too off subject,  but I wonder when they will return to the studio and have a live audience once again ? Wendy Williams is returning to a live audience on Tuesday, June 1 (she's been in the studio since September, but her staff has taken up the seats in the audience, not the public).  I wonder if 'The View' will stay remote for the rest of the season (June and July) and go back to the studio in September ?  Or will they let WW 'test the waters' in her NY studio first, and then decide in a few weeks ? These remote telecasts are really dragging the show, IMO.

• Love 2

I don’t think Whoopi is in any hurry to return to the studio, but if they do pry her out of her home it probably won’t be until the new season in Sept. 

• Love 3

Good Grief Charlie Brown!  Even in thrice (I believe) repeat for this ep, an irate MM saying 'sausage fest' still cracks me up.  Yes Im a child.

Happy Memorial Day Y'all  🇺🇸  🤩

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Not to get too off subject,  but I wonder when they will return to the studio and have a live audience once again ? Wendy Williams is returning to a live audience on Tuesday, June 1 (she's been in the studio since September, but her staff has taken up the seats in the audience, not the public).  I wonder if 'The View' will stay remote for the rest of the season (June and July) and go back to the studio in September ?  Or will they let WW 'test the waters' in her NY studio first, and then decide in a few weeks ? These remote telecasts are really dragging the show, IMO.

Ive been wondering too. I knew about WW, but have anybody else said?  The one thing is you know Wendy, she will claim first show back and will mmmmmmmmilk it for the rest of the season lol. Even so Im glad somebody finally did it DAMMIT,  about F'n time!! Wow that was more pent up than i thought.  Seriously, maybe this will start the ball rolling.

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And this interview will happen on Friday, when Whoopi won't be there to defend Prince.

Damn that's the one Friday i wish Whoopi would be there for.  She may, she's made special occasions before.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t think Whoopi is in any hurry to return to the studio, but if they do pry her out of her home it probably won’t be until the new season in Sept. 

I think that they should wait until September in my opinion.  Wait till more and more people get vaccinated just in time for flu season in the fall.. 

• Love 13

If it's Tuesday, it's Meganutz's "Slippery slope" day !  I lost count on how many times she used that phrase in her two minute response about the police officers in the NY GPP.

30 minutes in and all they've discussed is the tennis player and the NY GPP. I guess a rather slow news day today ?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

If it's Tuesday, it's Meganutz's "Slippery slope" day !  I lost count on how many times she used that phrase in her two minute response about the police officers in the NY GPP.

30 minutes in and all they've discussed is the tennis player and the NY GPP. I guess a rather slow news day today ?

There would be something else to discuss but it makes Meghan looks bad so that topic is forbidden. So many things the View can't talk about because of Meghan.

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm glad for Abram's sake that they're remote, so he doesn't have to have his eardrums burst this time. He's only there because of the news discussion, he doesn't need to be faced with the toxicity going on with this show.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

DESPERATE TIMES / DESPERATE MEASURES:

Oprah's pushing 'a bundle of hot dogs and mustards' ? Seriously? 

I wonder what the hundreds of doctors, dieticians, nutritionists and health experts they have had on over the years think about that ? Paging Dr. Jen Ashton for her thoughts on this....

Hot Dog Girl GIF

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, cslustig said:

Happy Pride Month! Check out our recap of today's not-so-great discussion: https://www.primetimer.com/theview/meghan-mccain-sara-haines-nyc-pride-march-police-ban

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but wow, some really flawed logic from Sara and Meghan on the police at Pride issue. It's a shame the View has no openly LGBTQ+ cohosts because that perspective would have been extremely useful.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

I was only able to catch a bit of the show.

Meghan doesn't have the best track record when it comes to black athletes. I'm glad she supports Naomi. 

That said, I thought it was absurd to compare herself to Naomi. She is a 23-year-old who has too much anxiety to talk to the press. Meghan is a 36-year-old woman, and as she'd say, she's "dealt with the press all her life" and talks too much and rudely. The press she gets has nothing to due with her being a female, and she didn't give any good examples of male versions of herself or the show getting away with it. I'm not saying there isn't sexism out there, but the vast majority of her criticism is completely justified. I love strong, outspoken women. Meghan's obnoxious and nasty. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 18
49 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but wow, some really flawed logic from Sara and Meghan on the police at Pride issue. It's a shame the View has no openly LGBTQ+ cohosts because that perspective would have been extremely useful.

They should've had a representative from Heritage of Pride (the org in charge of the NY Pride Parade) to explain the policy.  Their decision has left many LGBTQ+s scratching their heads.

12 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

They should've had a representative from Heritage of Pride (the org in charge of the NY Pride Parade) to explain the policy.  Their decision has left many LGBTQ+s scratching their heads.

And a lot of us understand the decision.

Having now watched the segment, I guess it's good that Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny were there to add balance, but it's not really enough because all of them are speaking about a community they are not a part of. I agree that it would have been great to get a representative from Heritage of Pride, because Sara and Meghan basically saying that the real cops are people who don't want cops at pride is offensively out of touch.

• Love 5

It is so obvious certain topics were avoided in order to not upset the delicate flower on the panel.  As always the princess of Arizona has to always get catered to by the people in charge.  This was not Barbara Walter's vision and it is a shame what has been done to the show.  How can one person have so much power.

• Love 23
40 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

And a lot of us understand the decision.

Having now watched the segment, I guess it's good that Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny were there to add balance, but it's not really enough because all of them are speaking about a community they are not a part of. I agree that it would have been great to get a representative from Heritage of Pride, because Sara and Meghan basically saying that the real cops are people who don't want cops at pride is offensively out of touch.

Do people generally wear their work uniforms to PRIDE? I mean are nurses out there marching in scrubs? I don't understand the need for what I would assume is an off duty officer to be in uniform

• Love 6
1 minute ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Do people generally wear their work uniforms to PRIDE? I mean are nurses out there marching in scrubs? I don't understand the need for what I would assume is an off duty officer to be in uniform

They might if they're part of a LGBTQ+ professional organization.

• Love 2
Just now, GiveMeSpace said:

I mean are nurses out there marching in scrubs? I don't understand the need for what I would assume is an off duty officer to be in uniform

There is an organization called GOAL (Gay Officers Action League), They wear their uniforms to hit home that gays are everywhere in every profession.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

They might if they're part of a LGBTQ+ professional organization.

24 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

There is an organization called GOAL (Gay Officers Action League), They wear their uniforms to hit home that gays are everywhere in every profession.

I clearly don't know much about PRIDE. Thank you both for the information. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad for Abram's sake that they're remote, so he doesn't have to have his eardrums burst this time. He's only there because of the news discussion, he doesn't need to be faced with the toxicity going on with this show.

I had a chuckle that he didn't say thank you after MM's spiel. He went straight to the question.  Maybe he forgot?  Maybe he didn't. 🙃 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

My gosh, Dan Abrams looks like a ghost on the show. Who's idea was it to make him monochromatic from the neck up ? He used to be so handsome on MSNBC (a decade ago).

I liked the fuzzy salt n pepper facial hair.  Pro's/Con's of the Quarantine Times, however you like it 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't remember Meghan's exact words but she said something about police officers  having to choose between their jobs and being openly LGBTQ.  Does she think this is something new?  Up until recently it was legal (and still is in some states) for employers to fire you for being LGTBQ.  I agree with Sunny.  This is a complicated issue.   I can understand many LGTBQ members not wanting uniformed police officers to march. But I also understand LGTBQ police officers not wanting to be excluded for things other police officers have done.  

I thought Meghan saying Live PD was the most watched show on cable sounded wrong so I checked and yep she was wrong.   At the time of cancellation, Live PD was the most watched show on A&E and the most watched show on cable during prime time on Friday.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't remember Meghan's exact words but she said something about police officers  having to choose between their jobs and being openly LGBTQ.  Does she think this is something new?  Up until recently it was legal (and still is in some states) for employers to fire you for being LGTBQ.  I agree with Sunny.  This is a complicated issue.   I can understand many LGTBQ members not wanting uniformed police officers to march. But I also understand LGTBQ police officers not wanting to be excluded for things other police officers have done.  

I thought Meghan saying Live PD was the most watched show on cable sounded wrong so I checked and yep she was wrong.   At the time of cancellation, Live PD was the most watched show on A&E and the most watched show on cable during prime time on Friday.

Meghan was wrong???   Say it ain't so!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Once again, Joy, Sara and Sunny get only a minute or so to talk in the first segment. Whoopi throws to commercial. Then The Princess gets the ENTIRE next segment to herself??? Talk about an imbalance of power. This is not right. 😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan, my aunt died in WW2.   See how fast that was?  How few words it took to say that?

Yes, she has to bring up her Family at every chance, now she is referencing her Grandfather, the Admiral

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny's right again. They need an expert on the conflict if they're going to talk about it regularly.

And about putting people's comments in context.

Chris M could give Meghan a run for her money for fast talking. He was on Joy Reid’s show last night and she just let him loose. It was a better interview because he was allowed to complete a thought.  Even if it took a while to get there. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

Wow.  Joy really does not like Chris Matthews.  We probably won't hear much more from him anyway because his head is currently so far up Meghan's ass he's going to suffocate.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Axie said:

Wow.  Joy really does not like Chris Matthews

I don't like Chris Matthews either. He is one of those guys who would tell you he is one of the good ones but he is not one of the good ones.

• Love 8