Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/31/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, falltime said:

Her son graduated last year. She took her daughter to get her 2nd vaccine dose on Friday.

Didn't she say a few months ago that Gabe got accepted into Harvard for this coming September ? Did he skip a year between high school and college ?

2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Didn't she say a few months ago that Gabe got accepted into Harvard for this coming September ? Did he skip a year between high school and college ?

Harvard announcement was in April 2020. A few months ago she did mention that her son was in South Africa doing something, can't remember what.

• Love 1
On 6/5/2021 at 9:35 AM, OpalNightstream said:

I love it when Whoopi isn’t there. She adds nothing to the show except flubbing her lines and saying “right, right” every 5 secs while people are talking. It’s gotten to the point where I’m preoccupied by her “right”s and sometimes miss what the other person it trying to say. It’s got to be annoying for the other hosts.

I'm thinking she starts her "rights" when the producer in her ear tells her to move on to the next speaker.  She always seems to start saying "right" about 2-3 minutes into someone's (usually Meghan's) lengthy opinion.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Meghan is just spewing right wing talking points that are now being aimed at the villanous Dr. Fauci. Yes...that evil man that helped China infect the world so he could be famous and make lots of money from everyone's misery. The Repubs are targeting him (again) and of course, Meghan, who desperately wants a gig on FOX is parroting their latest bullshit. She really is a disgrace to her father's legacy...if he were alive he would be telling her to STFU.  Fauci was famous in the 80's for spearheading the science and research revolution to fight the AIDS epidemic....he didn't need anymore fame or accolades...he was focused on the next epidemic/pandemic.  

Guys like Fauci don't go into medicine to be rock stars and Instagram/Twitter celebrities. They go into it to help save lives and cures for diseases that can wipe out communities all over the globe. My Dad was an epidemeologist and worked with Fauci back in the '80s. He had nothing but praise and reverance for him and would be horrified to see the way he's being treated today if he was still alive. Meghan McCain is a nobody with no street cred to speak of. All she has is her daddy's last name and she pretty much has soiled that. I would like to ask her, what the hell have you contributed to society? Furthermore, she owes Dr. Fauci an apology for continuing to engage in the spreading of a conspiracy theory about a supposed lucrative business deal between Dr. Fauci and China to "leak" the virus and allow it spread for financial profit. It's wrong, it's a made up lie and it's demeaning and slanderous to Dr. Fauci who has worked his entire professional life studying diseases and helping to find cures for them. WTF have you done Meghan???

Wow that was awesome BB!  Very well said.  You hit everything!

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm thinking she starts her "rights" when the producer in her ear tells her to move on to the next speaker.  She always seems to start saying "right" about 2-3 minutes into someone's (usually Meghan's) lengthy opinion.

right. * giggle *

• Love 3
On 6/5/2021 at 11:06 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Meghan is just spewing right wing talking points that are now being aimed at the villanous Dr. Fauci. Yes...that evil man that helped China infect the world so he could be famous and make lots of money from everyone's misery. The Repubs are targeting him (again) and of course, Meghan, who desperately wants a gig on FOX is parroting their latest bullshit. She really is a disgrace to her father's legacy...if he were alive he would be telling her to STFU.  Fauci was famous in the 80's for spearheading the science and research revolution to fight the AIDS epidemic....he didn't need anymore fame or accolades...he was focused on the next epidemic/pandemic.  

Guys like Fauci don't go into medicine to be rock stars and Instagram/Twitter celebrities. They go into it to help save lives and cures for diseases that can wipe out communities all over the globe. My Dad was an epidemeologist and worked with Fauci back in the '80s. He had nothing but praise and reverance for him and would be horrified to see the way he's being treated today if he was still alive.

Yes.  Dr. Fauci is a world-renowned EXPERT on infectious diseases.  He is a scientist.  Until Covid, hardly anyone outside the areas of science and medicine had ever heard of him.  He has never come across as someone who was looking for fame and glory.  I HATE that Meghan is spreading the misinformation and hatred for someone who has dedicated his life to research about stopping the spread of disease.  SHe is an awful person for this. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Until Covid, hardly anyone outside the areas of science and medicine had ever heard of him.

Au contraire, he was fairly well-known during the AIDS crisis in the 80's, in fact he was a polarizing figure.  Activist Larry Kramer said the worst things about Fauci, although he would later refer to Fauci as a dear friend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Holy moly. Ana shaded the heck out of Megun in her reply during the Housewives segment. Did y'all catch it? She made a lengthy and well-spoken point about how white people can get away with behaving badly on TV and unprofessional at work and still keep their jobs while people of color cannot. Ana's smirk made it clear that it was a not-so-subtle commentary about working at the View with Megun.

• Love 16
On 6/6/2021 at 1:57 PM, falltime said:

Harvard announcement was in April 2020. A few months ago she did mention that her son was in South Africa doing something, can't remember what.

Thanks for the clarification.  The whole year has been so scrambled together with the pandemic, I thought this happened a few months ago - not a whole year ago. Time has slipped by me the past 12 months.

• Love 4