Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

Travis should have watched TV Burn Notice had an episode where Michael has to get down off a roof via a rope or cable and give a voice over about not doing it with your bare hands. He uses his shoes instead which protected his hands.  You can learn things from watching TV. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Now we will see just how useful Katie is at home with her husband needing her care and unable to do whatever it is that he does at home. I suspect though, some male family member will be sent to "fill in" because Katie is inept.

• Like 4

I guess if you had to Sister-Nanny, Travis and Katie wouldn't be the worst option. Katie doesn't strike me as a taskmaster like Alyssa or an irresponsible idiot like Carlin. I'd much rather cuddle with Hailey than deal with Alyssa's screechy brood, or Carlin's kids who are up til midnight because they have no schedule. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

At least with Katie once she gets Travis home, she WILL have help.  Travis's family won't abandon them. 

She has one child and she doesn’t work. She should be able to handle it .

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
31 minutes ago, AstridM said:

She has one child and she doesn’t work. She should be able to handle it .

We can say she should be able to handle it, but she won't have to.  Travis' mama is not one to ignore her kids.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
43 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I guess if you had to Sister-Nanny, Travis and Katie wouldn't be the worst option. Katie doesn't strike me as a taskmaster like Alyssa or an irresponsible idiot like Carlin. I'd much rather cuddle with Hailey than deal with Alyssa's screechy brood, or Carlin's kids who are up til midnight because they have no schedule. 

Seriously. Katie has one kid that they keep on a schedule - including naps. My sense has always been that Katie wants Addie/Ellie around more for company than as a servant. When Addie/Ellie are around we often also see Trav saying - well the girls wanted x for dinner so I'm going to go get it; like it doesn't appear to be Katie/Trav's expectation that Addie/Ellie are to cook dinner daily, clean up the kitchen, do laundry all day, and change every diaper.

This time with Ellie may need to help more, but I feel like some of that help will be staying with Hailey if Katie needs to take Trav to a drs appointment or two; or maybe cleaning up the kitchen once or twice if she sees Katie running around taking care of Hailey and Trav. And likely accompanying Katie grocery shopping, as I don't get the sense that Katie goes anywhere without Trav - yet Trav likely can't carry grocery bags for a week or two.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

At least with Katie once she gets Travis home, she WILL have help.  Travis's family won't abandon them. 

It was telling that they got out of there July 5. Sure some of the Bates have left but the jobless ones like C&E, G&K, the single boys - are still there. I'm guessing Trav wanted to get back home fast to see if any kind of medical care was needed + he knew his parents would be there to help him.

I imagine his dad will be out there hauling garbage cans to the curb so dainty Katie or Ellie don't have to do it. I imagine as Katie takes care of Hailey, Trav's mom puts a few casseroles in their fridge so they can just heat and eat - like it doesn't seem like Katie's mom would be like - Ellie is here, she'll cook for them, hell she can cook for us too we're coming over tonight. Katie has said before her MIL was so helpful when H was born and that she practically moved in - or would stop by every afternoon/evening for hours to help. She can certainly help here and this time around, it may really be days. I can't imagine rope burns take more than a few days to start feeling better - esp in a young healthy guy.

• Like 6

At least they're around Trav's family..and I think Trav's mom is giving Katie motherly attention that she was lacking from her own mom/family.

And it makes sense Addie/Ellie would come to help since both were close to Katie.

So based on YT and reality show episodes...I'm gathering Katie seems closer to Carlin, Alyssa, Addie and Ellie...at least in terms of her sisters.

In a crisis and emotional support I probably would go with Addie/Ellie since both are single and seem more level headed.  Carlin...we don't need to say any more about why she would not be choice #1...while Alyssa is in Florida with 5 kids (including a 3 month old).

• Like 5

Rope burns can be quite serious. If Travis' burns are bad it will be weeks before they're healed. And treatment for second and third degree burns (of any kind), even if small in area, is not for the faint of heart.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Rope burns can be quite serious. If Travis' burns are bad it will be weeks before they're healed. And treatment for second and third degree burns (of any kind), even if small in area, is not for the faint of heart.

Skin on the palms and fingers is very thin and sensitive, too. I'd be very surprised if he's back to normal even in a couple weeks. 

My dirty mind just wondered how he's going to handle peeing. Katie, an ex-sister mom, is well-prepared. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Isn't Travis a musician?  He needs to get his hands thoroughly checked out because he could lose dexterity from this.  I hope they went home and went to a real doctor the next day who would wrap his hands properly and suggest treatment.  Hopefully this is a wake-up call for him not to play stupid Bates boy games and win stupid prizes.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

No updates since July 5? Wonder why - wonder if they felt too criticized or something. Because they left so quickly the morning of July 5, seemed like to seek medical care, and they needed Ellie to go with them. And now yet 4 days of super quiet with Katie just shilling an air purifier as if nothing happened?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, cereality said:

No updates since July 5? Wonder why - wonder if they felt too criticized or something. Because they left so quickly the morning of July 5, seemed like to seek medical care, and they needed Ellie to go with them. And now yet 4 days of super quiet with Katie just shilling an air purifier as if nothing happened?

I saw a couple other Fundie influencers pushing that air purifier on Instagram the last few days, there must be a lot of bad air out there. Katie probably agreed to shill that air purifier before Travis’s hands got messed up. She may have even filmed the post beforehand.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

He seems to have healed quickly or not been as injured as he might have been.

Option B. I got a horrible rope burn on my right hand from my dog's leash and I was applying antibiotic creams and fresh bandages for weeks. If it was really as bad as they made it out to be, there's no way Travis would be walking around with bare hands. 

• Like 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Option B. I got a horrible rope burn on my right hand from my dog's leash and I was applying antibiotic creams and fresh bandages for weeks. If it was really as bad as they made it out to be, there's no way Travis would be walking around with bare hands. 

They lied again? Shocker!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Even with Ellie and Addie being farmed out as nannies their lives rock compared to their sisters' teen years.

At their ages Michael, Erin and Alyssa were in prairie dresses, never allowed to be alone and only traveled to Gothard/religious events. And they had all the household/buddy duties.

Ellie will soon hop on a plane alone. She'll encounter many strangers along the way. She will freely be able to observe purple hair moms, gay couples and cute teenage boys. She may even have a conversation with a stranger on the plane.

Kind of crazy how big and semi-normal their worlds are compared to their older siblings.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Even with Ellie and Addie being farmed out as nannies their lives rock compared to their sisters' teen years.

At their ages Michael, Erin and Alyssa were in prairie dresses, never allowed to be alone and only traveled to Gothard/religious events. And they had all the household/buddy duties.

Ellie will soon hop on a plane alone. She'll encounter many strangers along the way. She will freely be able to observe purple hair moms, gay couples and cute teenage boys. She may even have a conversation with a stranger on the plane.

Kind of crazy how big and semi-normal their worlds are compared to their older siblings.

Isn't there another younger Bates sister, too? Why isn't she farmed out? 

Did the younger Bates sisters (Tori through Katie) have to sister-mom as much as the oldest ones did? 

• Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Callie is still a bit young to be farmed out. Maybe 14. 

Callie is mainly farmed out locally to Carlin. She’s been in a lot of their videos when they moved looking exhausted. She also was scrubbing Lydia’s and Trace’s place with one of Lydia’s younger sisters.

K&G frequently commend Callie on making dinner AND  cleaning the kitchen. Another worthless set of parents. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, other than their complete lack of education, sure. 🥲

• Like 4
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Well, other than their complete lack of education, sure. 🥲

For sure. I'm comparing the lives of the older and younger sisters, not their lives compared to typical mainstream teens.

• Like 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Addallee is the other sister, older than Callie. Does she do "long distance duty" too? These poor girls are really used by their families....older siblings included. 

Addee and Ellie are both used by their older siblings as well as Kelly.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I just watched my first Katie shilling video. My goodness, she speaks a mile a minute!

Did she film in a moving RV? It says they are driving to Ohio but I didn’t get audio until the end.

20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes she was in the RV and it was moving.

Cue C&E looking to buy an RV because their overnight, once a year camping trip is soooooooooooooo difficult with two kids. 

• LOL 12
20 minutes ago, SMama said:

Cue C&E looking to buy an RV because their overnight, once a year camping trip is soooooooooooooo difficult with two kids. 

Beat me to it. Really. 

• LOL 6

Katie and Travis dog just had her second litter.  Ten the first time and five this time.  I thought she was a really young dog.

Is this their business dog breeding?

Their baby is the cutest baby ever!

I think the Bates ship the single girls here and there looking for a match!

Katie would love having her sister married to one of her locals!

• Sad 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Katie and Travis dog just had her second litter.  Ten the first time and five this time.  I thought she was a really young dog.

Oh my God, they're going to breed that poor thing to death. She was already too young the first time (I don't give a shit what they claimed their vet said, large breed dogs are recommended to wait until minimum age of 2), and she just had her last litter. What is it with these assholes and their aversion to work? 

Sorry for the rant, but exploiting animals makes me stabby. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 8
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Oh my God, they're going to breed that poor thing to death. She was already too young the first time (I don't give a shit what they claimed their vet said, large breed dogs are recommended to wait until minimum age of 2), and she just had her last litter. What is it with these assholes and their aversion to work? 

Sorry for the rant, but exploiting animals makes me stabby. 

And why do they need to abuse animals when Travis is already wealthy?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
11 hours ago, AstridM said:

And why do they need to abuse animals when Travis is already wealthy?

I think Travis’s mom also breeds dogs so they probably see it as any easy cash inflow. Poor Remi. 

• Sad 9

From Katie’s story. What a concept, bright color toys that help teach about sounds and objects. What the hell is wrong with K&T? Where’s the bag of Doritos? The cake pop, Chick-fil-A fries to help with her teething?

BF207A1C-828A-452D-968C-C67CF5A6F463.thumb.jpeg.d4c0489c8e473717d3b3c98467cf85db.jpegF8DD84A5-35E5-485A-A0DC-3B722CEE2A75.thumb.jpeg.b8a1f21b84b226bc0d58ac4c36355d7f.jpeg

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

These two just posted their video of Jackson & Emerson's wedding. Towards the end Katie was once again homesick for Tennessee and her family. Travis stated that they have never been this close to wanting to move to TN and be near Katie's family. Why? I think this would be such a mistake for both of them. Katie would regress back into an immature child; what would Travis do for income in TN? The Bates family would not be a good influence IMO. Don't they see how much better Travis's family is for them to be around? Perhaps this was just a teaser for views.

• Like 10

Katie is still young and hasn't reached Alyssa-levels of awareness. And by that I mean realizing the nostalgic feelings of home she gets when she's at a big gathering is far different than everyday life. Katie also doesn't realize that aside from Carlin, everyone is pretty much doing their own thing. Alyssa, Erin, Nathan and Jackson don't even live in state, Lawson is in Nashville, and Michael and Tori don't hang out like that. Josie spends the majority of her time with her own friends and Kelton's family, and I don't think Katie is really close to Whitney. Addie, Ellie and Callie are too busy doing Kelly's job and cycling around as nannies, so that leaves....Carlin and Evan. Sure it would be great to have another lazy, non-working couple to pal around with, but I think Travis would quickly tire of E&C's all-consuming form of friendship. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 7

Plus G&KJ have eleventy billion grandkids and Travis’s parents have 2. And KJ never seems to be doing any babysitting, she just buys a lot of junk and toys for the grandkids. There is also the idea when you are the one living far away that everyone back home is getting together and having fun without you.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

Everyone hit the nail on the head. To me it seems like Katie HAS matured being away from the Bates for nearly 2 years. And it helps that she appears to have inlaws who've really taken her in, pay attention to her AND her kid - NOT JUST her kid, and have shown her what it is like to have parents who are involved and care. But then she goes back to the Lord of the Flies existence that is the Bates for 4 days and is like OMG my family LOVES each other SOOOOO much, they're SOOOO fun . . . just because they're loud and together for 72 hrs.

Yet she's immature enough that she hasn't thought through that anyone can put on an ill fitting suit and show up give a weird sermon at their son's wedding; anyone can put on a denim skirt and show up to squeal and take IG pics at a daughter's childbirth or the next wedding/baby shower. But where are her parents and siblings when it matters? Did she notice that her parents barely showed up for 24 hrs when their daughter had heart surgery - and none of the siblings showed up at all? Did she notice that when Carlin's episodes began and no one knew what was happening and they had to move out of their apartment at the same time, her parents were no where to be found and instead her inlaws showed up? Did she notice that when Erin had long covid and surgeries, it was her MIL that moved in even though her mother lives down the road?

So yeah being loud and squealing for IG pics doesn't a supportive family make. At this point they'd just be moving to party party with Carlin & Evan. And Trav is also immature enough to not realize that while he loves running with Evan for 4 days bc it's more loud and "exciting" than his family, it'll grow old in 3 months. If he had ever gone to college - or even high school - he'd understand that you have friends sometimes that are lots of fun but they aren't the best for you, they distract you from your life - so while you party with them once in a while, you don't make it a point to hang with them 5 days/wk.

And uh yeah Trav - you'd be paying for EVERYTHING if you set up a life with Gil and Kelly 2.0. 

I imagine Whit and Kelly are in Katie's ear about moving back. Kelly considers it a personal win when she can make a SIL move to Rocky Top - even though she can't get her own sons besides Zach to stay + she'll pay that kid/SIL zero attention once they're here. And Whit bc she and Zach seem like they are ready to back off being C&E's besties and have their own family life. I wouldn't be shocked if Katie moves back, Whit at some point sells her share of BSB to Katie & Trav and she and Zach are out - under the guise of "investing in our five kids." And then Z&W start up their own biz without any siblings.

Frankly Trav should delay -- i.e. "pray on it" -- for another year or two. As more time goes by Katie will mature more and will start to realize how much her inlaws do for her vs. how useless her own parents are. Plus given that K&T actually seem interested in raising their child, I think they'll continue to get more turned off when say H is 3 and C&E are like oh just give her Fritos for lunch so we can go go go, that's what we did with our own kids and they turned out fine. 

Edited by cereality
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3