Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

You would think a decent lawyer would have sat them down and made them realize that they must declare EVERYTHING on their financial disclosures. They think they are smarter than everyone else. It boggles my mind that they are so stupid.

Clients often feel that way.

• Love 2

BWAHAHAHAHA. Sorry. I know what you meant by "defraud" but I pictured for a moment the word having the Duggar meaning.....and gave myself a hilarious yet scary visual.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of the Duggars when they saw defraud.  BWAHAHAHAHA.  That would make for one hell of a courtroom scene.  

• Love 1

What???!!!????!!!!

Does he not realize how very GUILTY that makes Teresa look?

Ahahahahahaha, oh dear Christ on a crutch, these attorneys apparently are just as bright as their clients in this case.  

:face palm:

This is why I do side-eye their lawyers. Not only this statement, but countless others. Like about Joe "not knowing he wasn't a US Citizen and it wasn't fair to him" or whatever. Dumb and Dumber. 

• Love 3

And what about the lawyer's opening about the three sides of Joe, the Housewives Joe, the business Joe and the family Joe and how the court shouldn't judge him on the Housewives Joe and that he's very different from how he is on the show.  Not one part of the shenanigans he was found guilty for HAPPENED on the show.  It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

And using the dead dad as an excuse.  He's not himself because he lost his father.  That would all play into some of this IF he'd taken these actions after his father died, but he took all the actions BEFORE!  

Those lawyers are idiots...

Or, they have such guilty clients they don't know what to say!

• Love 3

They are clearly complete morons and they either hired terrible attorneys or, didn't listen to them.

Attorneys tell clients to fill out the forms accurately. the reason the attorneys don't fill them out is their client are up for fraud and perjury and the attorneys don't want to commit perjury.  Yes clients lie to their attorneys all the time. 

The Federal case only involves their mortgages, around $5 million and change, not everything they tried to declare in their failed BK. I think the Wells Fargo was the last mortgage they took out.

Joe's fines of over $400,000 are to Wells Fargo (formerly Wachovia) for the third mortgages on the Lincoln home (presently on the market and  their beach house. 

At the time of filing the BK they owed $249,948.34 on the beach house's 3rd mortgage and $167,074.79 on third mortgage on the Lincoln Park house.  Both are presently on the market.

• Love 2

WTF??  I can't, I just can't.

From NJ.com

"He also read a letter from Joe's mother Filomena, who could not be in court due to health problems. "My son needs a slap on the wrist, not to be taken away from his family."...

• Love 4

And what about the lawyer's opening about the three sides of Joe, the Housewives Joe, the business Joe and the family Joe and how the court shouldn't judge him on the Housewives Joe and that he's very different from how he is on the show.  Not one part of the shenanigans he was found guilty for HAPPENED on the show.  It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

And using the dead dad as an excuse.  He's not himself because he lost his father.  That would all play into some of this IF he'd taken these actions after his father died, but he took all the actions BEFORE!  

Those lawyers are idiots...

Or, they have such guilty clients they don't know what to say!

It may be just me but with the defendant facing identity fraud charges in another jurisdiction I would stay away from all the different Joes out there-especially the three sided Joe.

• Love 3

After hearing Joe's dad refer to this whole situation as a "mistake people sometime's make" I am not surprised by her attitude.  I think the whole family is as crooked as the come and think they are above the law.  

Edited by Kerrey92
  • Love 6

From NJ.com

"He also read a letter from Joe's mother Filomena, who could not be in court due to health problems. "My son needs a slap on the wrist, not to be taken away from his family."...

NOT SERIOUSLY?! I am flabbergasted.

• Love 2

I am DYING right now. I am plastered to my phone (laptop has an unidentified illness) waiting to hear Teresa's sentance. I knew that Joe would do time, but I really want to know what price Teresa will pay. Anxiously awaiting the news...like palm sweaty, heart pounding waiting...there is really something wrong with me that I care this much, but I just want her to be just as accountable for her crimes as Joe. Hurry up Lady Justice!

• Love 5

This judge is trying to draw out the suspense like they do on American's Got Talent when they are introducing the last performer to go home at the end of the results show.  And it's equally as agonizing now.  Let's get on with this!

• Love 1

One would think, if these dumb asses did nothing else, they would make sure they were completely transparent with regard to the financial filings.  Lying and hiding assets is a large part of what got them in this mess to begin with.  I get that an attorney can only do so much, but I would think they would send Forensic Accountants over to the gaudy mansion and crawl up Teresa and Juicy's asses to make sure this information was accurate.

At the very least, it was well publicized and confirmed by her former Attorney that they spent about $60K in cash on furnishings for the house immediately after filing for BR.  This from her Attorney:

"On why she needed to spend, Kridel said that she "needed to re-buy furniture because she didn't have any furniture in the house. It's a big house and she wanted furniture consistent with her style on the show. There is nothing wrong with doing that, except that it doesn't look good for her to be doing it."

At least at that time they seemed to be saying that the Giudice's were paying for the furnishings in the house, not Bravo.  Seems like something very glaring for her legal team to have missed. Stupidity all around.

• Love 1

Just read that Teresa's lawyer is trying to put all blame on Joe to exonerate Teresa. Taking a long time. Reason for the delay.

I'm getting the distinct feeling this will fall on deaf ears with this judge.  *fingers crossed*

NJ News tweet:

North Jersey News ‏@NorthJerseybrk  · now38 seconds ago 

Teresa's attorney is asking the judge for a "downward departure," which would lower her sentencing - #RHONJ

Looking forward to the prosecution's response.

Not shocked Filomena Giudice feels the way she does. Nor the way Franco felt "sometimes people do these things" or whatever. Given where they are from, tax evasion is the norm, unfortunately. Everyone wants to 'get ahead', life is lived with money under the table.  They are living in the old world where things take a lifetime to catch up....if ever. 

• Love 2

Possible name for Juicy's Bravo show featuring him as hapless Mr. Mom: "The 3 Faces of Juicy"  I think it would be a great idea for cousin Rosie to move in and play surrogate mom to the Giudice girls.  Sounds like a great premise for a show.  I'd watch it!

• Love 5

NJ News tweet:

North Jersey News ‏@NorthJerseybrk  · now38 seconds ago 

Teresa's attorney is asking the judge for a "downward departure," which would lower her sentencing -  #RHONJ

Her plea agreement prohibits it. . . .cheaters.

This day is almost as delicious as the day I found out that my ex's home was scheduled for a foreclosure auction.  Sadly it was postponed, but I considered going with a bag lunch and a lawn chair.

I love you with the fire of a thousand suns.  <3

• Love 6

And will they leave the courtroom today in cuffs? Yikes. 

Doubtful....If sentenced to time, Teresa will go first according to the judge.

I would think like our good buddy Apollo Nida, Teresa will be given a date to go asunder and report to begin her sentencing.

Although the way this is going, perhaps the Guidices will have pissed off the judge enough to have Teresa carted off henceforth.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

And will they leave the courtroom today in cuffs? Yikes. 

Teresa has a Reunion to film and some additional shots.  She probably left $200,000.00 on the table to ensure she would come back for the Reunion.

From NJ.com

Well I guess we know the judge's decision about reading letters from "concerned citizens" to the Court. So there's that.

I just read this article...the reporter actually said the Guidices pleaded guilty...pleaded...REALLY, I believe the word is plead...is pleaded even in the dictionary?

Very common out here in journalism and legal writings. There is such a word.  I think yesterday some journalist used "hided" instead of hid.

While I obviously have no proof, I would imagine that the Giudice and Gorga parents know/knew somewhat what  had been going on, and one would think that a responsible parent would do what they could to advise their kids on doing the right thing, but damn! I actually have a feeling of sadness for Teresa's parents and having to watch her handcuffed and hauled out to jail.  As a mom myself, I know I would be devastated and crushed to see my children in cuffs.  Gorga Sr.'s health is always talked about, and how precarious it is, and I hope that Teresa realizes that what she's done could result in a loss of time away from her ill father.