Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Wendy clearly gave terrible advice, since not a single outlet bought the spin. Quite the reverse, in fact. Teresa's act has been criticized everywhere. But I bet she offered her "services" for free. Free as in free publicity for herself. Never have I seen a PR person insert themselves in the story. It's almost comical.

LOL, We ARE talking about Teresa here! This Wendy could have given her sound advise for all we know but in typical Teresa fashion, she ignored what she was told! This is a woman, Teresa, that NOW says her lawyers did NOT explain ANYTHING to her and neither did the Judge! LOL

Edited by WireWrap

Wendy clearly gave terrible advice, since not a single outlet bought the spin. Quite the reverse, in fact. Teresa's act has been criticized everywhere. But I bet she offered her "services" for free. Free as in free publicity for herself. Never have I seen a PR person insert themselves in the story. It's almost comical.

My favorite Wendy moment was when "The View" premiered this fall with record breaking ratings and she claimed she was needed to save the show.  I question who her clients are that don't want to be booked on "The View".    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/09/the-view-teresa-giudice-wendy-feldman/

My all time favorite Wendy Feldman interview-before Joe and Teresa were clients-nothing nice to say about them: http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/before-working-with-teresa-giudice-crisis-manager-wendy-feldman-slammed-the-rhonj-star-35777

Edited by zoeysmom

Andy did as much as he could from my POV. He asked the right questions, but when answers he was given were along the lines of "you know, you go to the bank and get the forms", "I just signed papers", "No, our children don't know, they're in school", I mean why bother trying to follow up or go more in depth. Andy is probably more aware of the legal system than I am, I don't know if what could be said be used against them, even though the case is over, but if so maybe he actually did not want to give them too much rope to hang themselves even more. The closest thing to a real answer that was given was Joe explaining where the value of the furniture, which was that he just came up with a number because the one from the accountant was based on the purchase price; pretty much admitting he BS'd the form. Again, I have no idea if that could or would come back to bite them, but maybe that was an area Andy didn't want to step too much into, especially if it means he could be questioned being a wittness to the interview.

We also don't know if and what Andy is saving for the reunion. Or if there will be "lost footage" when all is said and done.  

I did some financial stuff today, not dealing with mortages, stocks. This was my first time doing anything like this, I hope the firm isn't like those shady mortage banks in Jersey that hand out those fake forms. I did read carefully, I promise, but keep your fingers crossed for me guys. I'm kidding, I trust it because it's FatherGigi's "Guy." FatherGigi insisted on going with me, because apparently I'm only an independent adult when he says so, so we set today, in the morning, as the day in the beginning of the week. Before we left we had on the morning news show we like, and Wendy Williams comes on next. Right away there was a teaser about Teresa, so we waited (honestly, I think he just wanted to be able to tell me something "new and cool" to say...I've actually been turned off to Wendy because of some things she's said about Gia that I felt were uncalled for as an adult, and mother.) Apparently some "source" according to Wendy is claiming Teresa is making video's for the girls for when she's in jail. I don't believe she's out of denail that much yet and thinking ahead clearly isn't something she's big on to begin with.  FatherGigi agrees. But I guess that's one of the new stories floating around this week,  I brought up I thought Wendy was going to talk about Joe Giudice and the camera guy, then asked him if he'd seen that one the news. That's when I learned FatherGigi believes Joe is might actually be trying to go to jail soon, "imagine being in that house now? That group... Joe Gorga railing on about all his feelings alone... then rest of the families on top of that... jail's gotta seem easier,"

• Love 3

I don't understand how they plead to the court that there weren't any family members to take all four of their girls when they showed their ginormous 100-member family gathered for a Christmas portrait at the start of the season.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 2

Whew! I caught up on the last five days of posts as it was tax season (10/15 is the extension for those of you that actually file)! Yall are awesome.

Back to Joe's plea- so my thought for him not taking the plea and risking jail; if he was being strategic, I could see him agreeing to take ten years to delay deportation. In ten years the youngest will be off to college ( real college not jail) and he and Teresa would be free to move to Italy when he is deported. The girls could visit him locally while he was in prision. But they don't think ahead obviously so I guess he was just delusional.

Lol to the 60 is too old. Obviously you don't watch teen Mom 2 where the grandmother is raising one of the kids.

Teresa is lawyer shopping in hopes of getting her sentence overturned? Just when I think she can't be in any more denial, damned if she doesn't surprise me. I guesa that means she hasn't told the girls yet.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 2

Taking on 4 kids is a task of epic proportions. I believe out of the group there may not be a house hold with the resources for such a thing. Plus that was a special gathering half of those people were probably "holiday family" who see the kids a handful of times a year. Joe and Melissa might have the room and money... Or they could be going broke too eventually who knows. I really don't know if I could fault Melissa or anyone for being hesitant to extend themselves to the task considering how huge it is.

Also lying in court doesn't seem to be an issue for Joe and Tre, so why not go that route with the girls, its probably the most believable of their claims.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

Oh my lord--I would dvr this and watch it continuously every single night. It would be EPIC. Daddy--how do I find the square root? Whadda wanna know dat for? Fageda about it. Pass me my wine and stop asking me stupid questions I swear youse is as stupid as youse mother.

Sorry still practicing the quoting from my phone. I think andy should make this a sitcom complete with laugh track. And audience applause when rosie comes in.

• Love 1

Teresa is lawyer shopping in hopes of getting her sentence overturned? Just when I think she can't be in any more denial, damned if she doesn't surprise me. I guesa that means she hasn't told the girls yet.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to have her sentence overturned because she's freaked out about going to prison but according to the terms of her plea agreement, she can't appeal her sentence.

• Love 2

Sorry still practicing the quoting from my phone. I think andy should make this a sitcom complete with laugh track. And audience applause when rosie comes in.

LOL to the Rosie part!

I don't understand how they plead to the court that there weren't any family members to take all four of their girls when they showed their ginormous 100-member family gathered for a Christmas portrait at the start of the season.

Teresa's lawyers only made that claim as part of their strategy to get a downward departure in Teresa's sentence. There's a clause that's called something like "Family or Responsibility Provision," where you can escape jail if you can prove that so-and-so (ie. an indigent family member) or such-and-such (ie. a business that only you can run, and many employees are dependent on it) is dependent on you, and only you. It was a real reach for the defense attorney, not to mention total b.s. Thankfully, the judge wasn't buying it. The requirements for this provision are really, really strict.

• Love 2

LOL to the Rosie part!

Teresa's lawyers only made that claim as part of their strategy to get a downward departure in Teresa's sentence. There's a clause that's called something like "Family or Responsibility Provision," where you can escape jail if you can prove that so-and-so (ie. an indigent family member) or such-and-such (ie. a business that only you can run, and many employees are dependent on it) is dependent on you, and only you. It was a real reach for the defense attorney, not to mention total b.s. Thankfully, the judge wasn't buying it. The requirements for this provision are really, really strict.

The Prosecutors only had to watch the show, season 1-2, to hear Teresa proudly say that it is HER Mom that cleans her house, does MOST of the cooking and watches the girls, even though Teresa's dad is so ill. I do NOT buy for 1 minute that Teresa does it ALL HERSELF. She had too many book signings, wine tastings, food tastings, personal appearances not to mention her Bravo duties both during filming and off season. She has regular full time HELP for all of it! SMH

• Love 4

The Prosecutors only had to watch the show, season 1-2, to hear Teresa proudly say that it is HER Mom that cleans her house, does MOST of the cooking and watches the girls, even though Teresa's dad is so ill. I do NOT buy for 1 minute that Teresa does it ALL HERSELF. She had too many book signings, wine tastings, food tastings, personal appearances not to mention her Bravo duties both during filming and off season. She has regular full time HELP for all of it! SMH

And don't forget she has to have someone come in to do her makeup and to blow dry her hair before each of those events.  With so much BS on her plate, she doesn't have time to worry about the "cleansiness" of her home so she has her mother do it for her.  What a great daughter......NOT!   

• Love 4

Friedbutter, on 17 Oct 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

I don't think Bravo has any intention of dumping Teresa, which is why Andy was going along with the poor-Teresa-this-was-all-Joes-fault nonsense during their WWHL special.

I don't think Andy went along with it. What makes you think so? I thought his questions were pretty hard hitting (for Andy, mind you), but she went into the interview with an agenda - blame Joe - and she stuck to it. I wish he had asked more questions about the bankruptcy fraud, which heavily involved Teresa, but there's no doubt she would have answered in the same way - I just signed what was out in front of me, etc., etc...

I absolutely agree with Friedbutter here. I noticed it in part two of the interview. His attitude was like it was just a given

that this was all or largely Joe's fault. It was pissing me off so bad because it seemed to me he was going along with Tre's "I'm just a dumbass who trusted people (knowing she meant Joe), who signed what was put in front of me (by Joe), I need to look out for myself in the future" blah, blah, blah crap. He was tougher than he usually is with the HWs on the reunions but IMO he was allowing Tre to perpetuate her victim act. It's always been obvious to me that he doesn't like Tre on a personal level but he'll ride that cash cow until it drops and if that means protecting her to a certain extent he has no qualms at all in doing so. Andy is not done with the Guidices yet, not by a longshot, IMO. He reuses to throw in the towel on them or the franchise which I think needs to end. He's like the person who keeps going back to a bad relationship, convinced it WILL work out THIS time.

• Love 1

In that Andy continues to bring up the time that Teresa shoved him, it seems clear to me that he's never forgotten his own, personal humiliation.  For that reason, I think his sympathy for Teresa and Joe is very, very limited.  I felt that he shot questions at them and expected good answers, and he kept the questions coming.  Some of them were of a highly personal nature, but I think Andy felt he was due the answers -- and that the viewers were.  Much as Andy sometimes disgusts me, I thought he gave it his best shot at trying to elicit the most honest reactions from them that he could.  They were the ones who had little to say!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 6

supermum, I didn't take her comment to be her not believing your story, but whether the babysitters told the full story. I thought she was asking whether the babysitters were told upfront that the concert itself was payment, in which they can't complain since they knew the deal going in, or if the babysitters were told they would receive cash for their time in addition to being guests at the concert. YMMV and I may have read it wrong but that's how I interpreted it.

I hesitated to comment because I'm so new here but I have to agree with you. I interpreted it the same way. Way back when I used babysitters it was customary to settle the hourly rate upfront.

• Love 2

If I'm reading you right, are you saying that Andy played into Teresa's innocent act? Cuz I do agree with that, at least in part. But I would argue that an interviewer has to go on what answers he or she got. I think Andy only asked the questions you cited because of what they were saying. I don't remember exactly, but I think he opened the interview by asking pretty direct questions about the fraud, and Teresa's blame Joe strategy kicked in immediately. I don't know if he would have asked about resentment towards Joe, or about Joe's guilt, if Teresa had been more forthcoming about her role in the entire scheme.

I agree with this LotusFlower.  I think Andy was trying to show that if indeed Teresa had truly been duped by Joe, she'd absolutely, without a doubt, harbor resentment. Anyone would be livid if their spouse had them unknowingly sign something that could (and did) land them in jail. Either she knew, so she wasn't mad, or she didn't know and would be resentful.  To me, Andy was saying those were the only real possibilities, and nothing else made sense/rang true...

• Love 3

I agree with this LotusFlower.  I think Andy was trying to show that if indeed Teresa had truly been duped by Joe, she'd absolutely, without a doubt, harbor resentment. Anyone would be livid if their spouse had them unknowingly sign something that could (and did) land them in jail. Either she knew, so she wasn't mad, or she didn't know and would be resentful.  To me, Andy was saying those were the only real possibilities, and nothing else made sense/rang true...

That's what I think. In fact, I think Andy only asked the questions about resentment and guilt to test their bogus story...kind of like to trap them. I think he was dubious, to put it mildly, when Teresa said she knew nothing and simply "trusted people" who put things in front of her to sign. But of course Joe was that person, so Andy's natural follow-up was to ask about her anger or resentment for him doing that, and putting her in a position where she's now headed to prison. But of course she then resorted to her go-to response of standing by him, he didn't mean to hurt me, blah, blah, blah....

Resentment's a festering thing, though. If these two stay together, I don't how they can manage to avoid resenting each other for everything that's gone on. Esp. Joe for taking most of the blame. I bet his family must resent Teresa, too. I foresee a big implosion.

• Love 3

I picture little Gabriella (aka Cinderella) running around cleaning the house for her fairer sisters, while Teresa has Milania and Gia show in the hoards it takes to personally assist Teresa in facing the cameras.

I remember something about Teresa having someone com in every to weeks and clean the house.  She lies so bloody much I am sure they have gardeners and housekeepers to keep up the estate.  That much stone work is a lot fuss and muss to keep up.

That's what I think. In fact, I think Andy only asked the questions about resentment and guilt to test their bogus story...kind of like to trap them. I think he was dubious, to put it mildly, when Teresa said she knew nothing and simply "trusted people" who put things in front of her to sign. But of course Joe was that person, so Andy's natural follow-up was to ask about her anger or resentment for him doing that, and putting her in a position where she's now headed to prison. But of course she then resorted to her go-to response of standing by him, he didn't mean to hurt me, blah, blah, blah....

Resentment's a festering thing, though. If these two stay together, I don't how they can manage to avoid resenting each other for everything that's gone on. Esp. Joe for taking most of the blame. I bet his family must resent Teresa, too. I foresee a big implosion.

In my mind I see Teresa signing the documents, knowing the risk and Joe telling her -if anything goes wrong I will take the fall.  I think what ticks Teresa off is Joe wasn't smart enough to shield her from the charges and now her kingdom is coming down.  Going back to the interview-I don't think Teresa has publicly expressed an honest thought or emotion since Season 4 when she started having Heather McLane write her blogs, (spell Napalm) and the noose began to tighten around her neck.

I have often thought about the mix of the better part of four bottles of wine, unruly children, very unhappy wife and being surrounded by the excess just might cause old Joe to snap on of these days. For the brainless one Teresa going through the motions of happy holiday times might be just a bit much for Joe.  I also recall the season Jac was on fire at the Reunion, she said something about the Giudices punching each other "all the time".  Just because Wendy Feldman has taught Teresa to say she is a changed person does not mean she is.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10

Seriously??? Do you think after 55 we curl up and die? I've worked as a waitress for 45 years and I work rings around the "young ones" who can't lift a tray without help! I bike, I walk, I date, I even have sex!!! My Moms 95--now SHE can't drive but a 60 year old? Pft No problem,,,

You work rings around me.  I'm bowing down.  I walk around the lake and sometimes I hit the bed after.  My husband's 82 year old mother is a  yoga instructor in her adult community.  She kayaks.  She hikes.  She makes me want to take a nap. 

I read somewhere in 80 days Tre reports..... and I just thought reality just hit someone ~ I hope.

Reunion will be in 3 parts....Tre "This is probably going to be my last reunion."

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/10/17/first-look-at-rhonj-reunion-show-teresa_giudice-walks-off-says-its-her-last-reunion-show/

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

It's always been obvious to me that he doesn't like Tre on a personal level but he'll ride that cash cow until it drops and if that means protecting her to a certain extent he has no qualms at all in doing so. Andy is not done with the Guidices yet, not by a longshot, IMO. He reuses to throw in the towel on them or the franchise which I think needs to end. He's like the person who keeps going back to a bad relationship, convinced it WILL work out THIS time.

I absolutely agree.  Kash is King with Andy.  However, even HE knows that this franchise needs to end.  He'll try a different angle with this family -  to turn the Guidice girls and Teresa into his version of PMK and the Kardashians.  Pre-teen/teen girls and their drama are money makers. Especially if they're badly behaved. Ranging from Honey Boo Boo to '16 and Pregnant' to the Kardashians.  There's a big, fat, juicy spot in there, waiting for the Guidice girls.  Both Teresa and Andy know that.  He'll continue to scratch her hairy back and she'll continue to scratch his.  And people will continue to watch.

In addition, look at the public fascination on social media with teen age girls gone wrong - even as they grow into adults:  Lindsay, Amanda Bynes, Kristen Stewart, Britney, Paris.  Andy knows the Guidice girls and their felon parents have the ability to line his pockets for years to come.  We're just a few short years away from Milania exiting a limo showing us her underwear and shoving a papparazzi.  Sigh.

Yup.

• Love 4

I will feel sorry for this family when I actually see some humility and downsizing.  Remember the supposedly humble Christmas...tons of toys and a very expensive little doggie.  Their idea of downsizing is getting two suits for $250 and not buying designer items for full price.  Yes, I feel bad for the girls, but I feel worse for the children of the armed forces or those whose lives are facing difficult circumstances through no fault of their families.  There are people who worked hard all their lives, never breaking the law, and have nothing to show for it because of economic factors that are out of control. 

Gia is starting a girl band supposedly financed by Teresa.  This just boggles my mind that instead of protecting her children and paying her creditors, she is still trying to pimp out her daughter.

I remember something about Teresa having someone com in every to weeks and clean the house.  She lies so bloody much I am sure they have gardeners and housekeepers to keep up the estate.  That much stone work is a lot fuss and muss to keep up.

I remember even in the old twop forums, there were people who totally believed that Teresa raised four girls, went all over the place to promote her books/products, and cleaned that huge monstrosity all by herself, while maintaining full makeup and hair.   I guess many people want to hold on to the illusion that a woman can really "have it all" and the ones who don't are just lazy.  I would love to see Teresa scrubbing toilets in prison.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 7

There are still people who believe Kate Gosselin gives a damn about her kids beyond their earning potential. However it seems the majority has lead them finally to barely being on TV and I do hope for the sake of the Giudice girls a show heavily about them would fail so they can have as much privacy as possible. I do think Teresa and Joe care about their kids and actually get enjoyment out of them... just not enough and don't prioritize them as they should. Joe Giudice has always seemed more interested in being around his kids than Joe Gorga, whose seemed to resent having to help his kids with basic things, but that's not a hard competition.

• Love 3
I would love to see Teresa scrubbing toilets in prison.

ARRRRGH!  What images that conjures up!

I think that one of the weaker women in prison, who happened to view Teresa's table-flipping anger, will volunteer to blow dry her hair every week.  Another weakling, no doubt, will offer to polish Terrifying Teresa's talons a bright crimson every once in a while.  It's the fake eyelashes that baffle me.  I fear that Teresa is going to have to search that Big House from one end to the other to find an agreeable ex-beautician to apply those centipedes to her eyelids.

Once perfectly coiffed and made up, I really believe that Teresa will get down to brass tacks and write another cookbook: Recipes from the Mess Hall.  This cookbook will have to remain on the back burner, of course, so as not to interfere with her Toilet Detail.  It astounds me to imagine the mental toughness Teresa will have to muster in order to go from cleaning toilets to writing about food, but we all know she is capable of it.  Remember: Teresa has lived with Joe for how many years?  She has become a remarkable practitioner of mind over matter.  She has spent years silently regarding Joe as the trash that he is, and telling herself, "If I don't mind, he don't matter."

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

We're just a few short years away from Milania exiting a limo showing us her underwear and shoving a papparazzi.  Sigh.

If we're lucky we just get to see her panties.

Oh god, Theresa is going to go for a nude spread in Playboy after she gets out of prison (and is redone) isn't she?

• Love 3

If I were in Teresa's position, knowing that I had an "expiration date" of Jan 5, 2015, AND knowing that my husband is NOT reliable, I would be busy making timelines and calendars and arrangements for my children. Getting to school daily. Doctors and dental appts, spiritual counseling, Mass/Communion/Confirmation/Confession schedules. Gymnastics, ballet, sports, cheer, tutoring, etc. Regular studies and homework, science fair projects, dioramas and book reports. Who can help? Who can be there?

Prepare a list of names, phones and addresses of a support network for her kids. Talk to friends, relatives, parents of classmates, even school personnel, who would be willing to be added to such a list.

Wherever possible, if family or close friends can step up, great. But I think Teresa should start interviewing NOW for a hs senior or college girl, or two, with a valid drivers license to be a permanent, 15 month au pair. The Guidice girls will need a constancy and security.

I would NOT rely on Joe at all. If he can occasionally offer a hug or kiss, that's lovely. But relying on him for day to day would be a mistake, imo.

So if it's true, as she says often, that Teresa right now can think ONLY of her daughters, she should put her money where her mouth is, and get cracking with calendars and schedules, surrogates and chaperones.

She's busy making the girls videotapes for every special moment in their lives and for when they're sad. I may be going to hell but I bet there is a whole UNIVERSE of snark-worthy material in those! A universe, I tell ya!

• Love 7

I can imagine how many times she says "have each others backs".    "Don't let daddy drink too much."  "Milania, I'm right heeeeerrrrrre, I can't hear you screaming!"  "I'm having fun at camp, don't cry for me Argentina"  Oh wait, I got too carried away.

• Love 6

Oh god, Theresa is going to go for a nude spread in Playboy after she gets out of prison (and is redone) isn't she?

And then Melissa will follows suit, because, you know.......

I have no doubt that the four beautiful daughters are going to end up making spectacles of themselves.

• Love 4

She's busy making the girls videotapes for every special moment in their lives and for when they're sad. I may be going to hell but I bet there is a whole UNIVERSE of snark-worthy material in those! A universe, I tell ya!

Well, you know this is ALL about Teresa and NOT her daughters! Why worry about those pesky daily needs that children have when they can turn on the TV/DVD and see Mommy reminding them that she is doing it all for them, serving her time at camp to make it better for them! SMH

• Love 6

WireWrap-you nailed it! That's what struck me. That's mostly what they need besides therapy and new or some kind of role models. My sister has ALS, is declining. She has 2 daughters-15, 8. SHE is making MUCH NEEDED videotapes! I get my sister making it a priority. Forgive me if I'm biased but it's not like Tre's girls aren't going to see her ever again in their lives when she leaves. Again, sorry, if I'm being overly sensitive.

• Love 14

WireWrap-you nailed it! That's what struck me. That's mostly what they need besides therapy and new or some kind of role models. My sister has ALS, is declining. She has 2 daughters-15, 8. SHE is making MUCH NEEDED videotapes! I get my sister making it a priority. Forgive me if I'm biased but it's not like Tre's girls aren't going to see her ever again in their lives when she leaves. Again, sorry, if I'm being overly sensitive.

I am sorry to read about your sister, Prayers to her and her family as well as to you and yours.

God forbid that Teresa ever look beyond her own immediate needs and do what IS best for her daughters. They should have been in therapy a long time ago but that they have never been her first priority, never IMO. Yes, she loves her daughters but she loves HERSELF MORE, to the point that she was willing to jeopardize their wellbeing, their stability, their happiness and their future all to live some fantasy Teresa had for HERSELF! SMH

• Love 7

Good thoughts to your sister, leisawoo.

They should have been in therapy a long time ago but that they have never been her first priority

I think denial is at the top of the list of Teresa's problems in just about everything.

• Love 4

Cyber hug Leisawoo!  There is nothing better than someone putting things in perspective.  I'd be overly sensitive too.

• Love 5

I will be so pissed if Teresa gets kitchen duty in prison. Everyone knows (according to tv prison dramas) that kitchen is the best gig. I want her on toilet cleaning or laundry detail.

While toilet cleaning or laundry are excellent choices for Teresa in prison, kitchen duty is not a walk in the park.  Most prison dramas go with it as a favorite because the inmates who work in the kitchen get extra food not because it's an easy gig.   I'd love to see her scrubbing all those gigantic pots.

• Love 2

supermum, I didn't take her comment to be her not believing your story, but whether the babysitters told the full story. I thought she was asking whether the babysitters were told upfront that the concert itself was payment, in which they can't complain since they knew the deal going in, or if the babysitters were told they would receive cash for their time in addition to being guests at the concert. YMMV and I may have read it wrong but that's how I interpreted it.

I hesitated to comment because I'm so new here but I have to agree with you. I interpreted it the same way. Way back when I used babysitters it was customary to settle the hourly rate upfront.

I guess you have to excuse the 16 year old girl for assuming she would get her normal Teresa babysitting hourly rate as she had many times in the past. She was asked to watch and tend to the girls the entire evening including transport both ways. It was never discussed that the concert was the payment until the night was over.

• Love 1

I guess you have to excuse the 16 year old girl for assuming she would get her normal Teresa babysitting hourly rate as she had many times in the past. She was asked to watch and tend to the girls the entire evening including transport both ways. It was never discussed that the concert was the payment until the night was over.

Teresa was wrong to think the price of a ticket would cover the duties she set forth for the sitter.  What if Teresa had the sitter take the kids to the movies-would the price of a ticket, a popcorn and a soda been payment enough?  Of course not.  With driving and what not involved she should have been paid the going rate-which in my neck of the woods be $15.00 an hour for four kids.  Even if the going rate wasn't settled in advance the young woman is entitled to her full pay-shame on Teresa.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Teresa was wrong to think the price of a ticket would cover the duties she set forth for the sitter.  What if Teresa had the sitter take the kids to the movies-would the price of a ticket, a popcorn and a soda been payment enough?  Of course not.  With driving and what nor involved she should have been paid the going rate-which in my neck of the woods be $15.00 an hour for four kids.  Even if the going rate wasn't settled in advance the young woman is entitled to her full pay-shame on Teresa.

Yes.......Teresa was wrong.  

It's an unfortunate life lesson for the 16 year old girl.  I'll bet she never makes that mistake again.

• Love 1

The babysitter shouldn't have been surprised, nor should she take it personally.  The Guidices have a talent for not paying anyone for services, regardless of who you are--a babysitter, a fertility doctor, a contractor, the government.  They are equal opportunity grifters.

Leisawoo, I too am sorry to hear about your sister.  My ex-husband's father died from ALS and I saw the struggles my former FIL and the family encountered.  

• Love 6

I hope those relatives of Teresa's try hard to keep the food coming, for the sake of those girls.  Joe's idea of cooking is probably McDonald's.  The last time I was able to watch this show, Kathy was launching her cannoli form business, leading me to believe she could at least keep the girls in desserts!  Joe will probably get all the cooking he can out of his mother.  I've known lots of Italian women who were great cooks, so I tend to imagine they all are.  Who are the cooks in Teresa's and Joe's family who could step up to the plate while Teresa is away?  I don't especially care about Joe, but I'm a little concerned about the girls.

I just saw the most sickening thing at the grocery store. In the checkout line I scanned the rag mags and, sure enough, there she was - Teresa - according to the cover snippet (Life and Style, I think) has scored a $3MILLION book deal for a "prison diary".  No kidding. It made me want to puke right then and there.

But then I got to thinking, that if it is indeed a true thing and not just some piece speculating about how she can continue to milk those stupid enough to still fall for her crap, how cool would it be if all her victims found out who the publisher is and filed tons of liens &/or lawsuits [whichever would apply and have the best chance of success] against both the publishing house and Teresa for any and all proceeds to go 100% toward the money she and juicy defrauded/stole/fleeced their victims out of.

• Love 3

I hope those relatives of Teresa's try hard to keep the food coming, for the sake of those girls.  Joe's idea of cooking is probably McDonald's.  The last time I was able to watch this show, Kathy was launching her cannoli form business, leading me to believe she could at least keep the girls in desserts!  Joe will probably get all the cooking he can out of his mother.  I've known lots of Italian women who were great cooks, so I tend to imagine they all are.  Who are the cooks in Teresa's and Joe's family who could step up to the plate while Teresa is away?  I don't especially care about Joe, but I'm a little concerned about the girls.

They have shown Joe cooking almost as much as Teresa does over the years, he is capable of doing it himself. That said, I am not sure he can find his way out of the bottle long enough to cook daily. I am sure the Grandmothers will do most of the shopping and cooking with help from the girls themselves. 

In all fairness (full disclosure: I'm of Italian descent, a first-gen. American), I know very few Italian women who can't keep a huge house absolutely sparkling, have great food cooking on every burner, make sure every household detail is taken care of, keep their children groomed and dressed in freshly laundered clothes...Wish I could do that, but that gene bypassed me. I'm constantly amazed by the way they can juggle everything, plus take care of themselves, and never complain.

And I don't know of one who's ever hired someone to help out -- but that's my mother's generation, SAHMs. Now, I know these women have never been near a flat-iron either, but as far as keeping house, etc., I don't find it hard to believe that Teresa could be one of those first-generation Wonder Women who can clean a huge house like that on her own.

• Love 1

I think Andy was trying to show that if indeed Teresa had truly been duped by Joe, she'd absolutely, without a doubt, harbor resentment. Anyone would be livid if their spouse had them unknowingly sign something that could (and did) land them in jail.

I agree completely. I'm thinking of all the things my husband has brought me to sign over the years -- lease agreements, tax forms, insurance documents, release forms, permission slips, etc. I would only read them through if I felt it was important for me to know all the details, but it wasn't because I was worried he was using me to commit fraud. Like, with our lease I double checked that it was a pet friendly apartment and confirmed what utilities we'd need to pay for. If he stuck an extra form in or brought me something I'd had no reason to believe was forged and I went to prison and had my career options permanently tainted by a felony conviction? Not only would we get divorced, but it would be ugly and if I couldn't find work I'd be demanding spousal support out the wazoo.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

Maybe this was discussed (I scanned and didn't see it)

It has been said in public that Joe has a drinking problem and by his own admission he drinks a bottle or two of wine at night.

WHY will he have sole custody of four girls?

How is he going to handle his alchohol issues, the incarceraton of Teresa, the loss of his father, legal issues, money problems and FOUR girls?  Shouldn't he be mandated to a treatment program now and have another responsible adult have some type of co-guardianship?

Joe could really go off the deep end with all these problems.  Seriously, you are leaving a troubled man with four children alone...drinking bottles of wine and he said he sometimes takes xanax. He has a hot temper.  He has numourous troubles (of his own making).

Is it just me or do you see a potential serious problem??????

I truly think custody should've been awarded to an aunt, uncle or grandparent while Joe works on  getting himself together or something. 

Not a huge Gorga fan but I think Melissa and Joe would love those girls.  Teresa claims to have good Giudice in laws. I'm actually worried about those girls. I grew up with an abusive alcoholicfather and anyone here with a similiar history...doesn't your stomach just turn thinking about the potentiial for disaster?

Edited by Marigold

In all fairness (full disclosure: I'm of Italian descent, a first-gen. American), I know very few Italian women who can't keep a huge house absolutely sparkling, have great food cooking on every burner, make sure every household detail is taken care of, keep their children groomed and dressed in freshly laundered clothes...Wish I could do that, but that gene bypassed me. I'm constantly amazed by the way they can juggle everything, plus take care of themselves, and never complain.

And I don't know of one who's ever hired someone to help out -- but that's my mother's generation, SAHMs. Now, I know these women have never been near a flat-iron either, but as far as keeping house, etc., I don't find it hard to believe that Teresa could be one of those first-generation Wonder Women who can clean a huge house like that on her own.

But don't forget on top of taking care of the girls and all household chores, Teresa was also filming Housewives, and supposedly running all her "companies," writing and promoting her books, doing appearances, etc... There's no way she could do all this without help.

• Love 5