Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E9: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

snarts
  • Start Topic

A fun house pub crawl devolves into a serious conflict between the boys, causing Luke to leave the house, possibly for good. Lindsay's pregnancy test result has her wondering if she made a mistake when she broke up with Stephen. Finally, Kyle surprises Amanda for their two-year engagement anniversary, and little does Lindsay know, Stephen has his own surprise...

Airs 4/1/2021

I feel like this episode description from Bravo is total watch bait. One of the Wirkus twins suffered miscarriages so it would be cruel for producers to push a fake pregnancy/loss of pregnancy story and I don’t think Lindsay would terminate because she clearly wants children. I’m pretty sure she isn’t with child in real time. 

Honestly I want Stephen’s surprise to be something like he’s met the one and he’s engaged or something crazy like that.

When I was getting ready for work this morning I was thinking about Lindsay’s proclamation to Stephen about how his efforts weren’t good enough for her. I kind of think she was projecting big time because she and Luke totally did it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I feel like this episode description from Bravo is total watch bait. One of the Wirkus twins suffered miscarriages so it would be cruel for producers to push a fake pregnancy/loss of pregnancy story and I don’t think Lindsay would terminate because she clearly wants children. I’m pretty sure she isn’t with child in real time. 

WHAT???!!!! HOLY FRICKING SHIT!!!  Oh my god, that's awful!  Sorry, I think I reacted a little more strongly than I thought I would.  Miscarriages??  PLURAL???  That's extremely upsetting. 

Watching for the first time this season (thanks to Top Chef beforehand), so out of the loop.  Probably won’t try to catch up.  I like the new woman so far.  She seems balanced. 

• Love 2

What did I miss? Kyle screaming like a lunatic proclaiming women’s rights? Hannah looking like she desperately needs a bath? Lindsey talking about needing a man but then being demanding and entitled with everyone she meets? Page wearing a God awful outfit and pretending to be a fashionista? Luke singing horribly in his bedroom or Carle pretending like he’s a matured guy who now knows how to treat women now? Some of these guys are quite mature in age - how can they still be doing this? 

• Love 9

I hate Kyle but I laughed at the preview for next week when he says “Apparently Hannah has always wanted to bang me so now she is dating my Dad?” after meeting Dez for the first time. 

• LOL 15

Dear God, what a boring episode!!!  Even with all the bullshit drama and screaming, it was boring as hell.

You can get married without a wedding.  Obviously Amanda wants the wedding, but if it's marriage you want and if you want to get married, you will find a way to make that happen.

Stephen, you stupid, stupid moron sucker.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I hate Kyle but I laughed at the preview for next week when he says “Apparently Hannah has always wanted to bang me so now she is dating my Dad?” after meeting Dez for the first time. 

Which is so incredibly rude of him to say because Kyle is closer in age to Des than he is to Amanda. I never cease to be amazed by how full of himself Kyle is.

I guess we’ll have to see what Des is like next week. Compared to how Kyle behaves, Des probably does seem a lot older because he actually acts like an adult. 

• Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Des and Hannah can talk about their buttholes and bowel movements. Hannah probably craps with the door open then talks about it on her lame podcast. She’s so fucking gross!

She really is so trashy, both in looks and personality, etc. I just can't stand her! I still think she never really had a chance with Luke either, she is way out of his league (I mean he hooked up with Ciara and she is a beautiful goddess). I know that sounds so superficial but he is clearly a superficial guy. 

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Which is so incredibly rude of him to say because Kyle is closer in age to Des than he is to Amanda. I never cease to be amazed by how full of himself Kyle is.

I guess we’ll have to see what Des is like next week. Compared to how Kyle behaves, Des probably does seem a lot older because he actually acts like an adult. 

I think the implication was not so much that Des is so much older than Hannah but that Des specifically looks like an older version of Kyle. Which he absolutely does. But I will always agree that Kyle is an ass. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I think the implication was not so much that Des is so much older than Hannah but that Des specifically looks like an older version of Kyle. Which he absolutely does. But I will always agree that Kyle is an ass. 

Oh yeah we're definitely on the same page, he does look like an older version of Kyle. But he's only 7 years older than Kyle and imo looks like a regular 45-year old dude, and Kyle's acting like he's Grandpa Joe, which he's not. What bugs me is Kyle's overinflated sense of his own good looks. Maybe he's overcompensating for his lack of height. Kyle's Google stats say he's 5'10" (which is laughable). Visually I'd gauge him at about 5'6", especially in older pictures where he's standing between Carl who is 6' and Everett. Des appears to be a tall drink of water.

I'm not even touching what he's doing with Hannah 😱 eww.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh yeah we're definitely on the same page, he does look like an older version of Kyle. But he's only 7 years older than Kyle and imo looks like a regular 45-year old dude, and Kyle's acting like he's Grandpa Joe, which he's not. What bugs me is Kyle's overinflated sense of his own good looks. Maybe he's overcompensating for his lack of height. Kyle's Google stats say he's 5'10" (which is laughable). Visually I'd gauge him at about 5'6", especially in older pictures where he's standing between Carl who is 6' and Everett. Des appears to be a tall drink of water.

Isn't Carl 6'5"?  He was taller than the Wirkus twins and Lauren actually mentioned how Ashley's husband Brad is also 6'5" and that was one of the reasons why she was attracted to him (his height).  I think Everett is 6'2".

Also, Des just let his hair go grey and I don't know what his previous hair colour was, but if he dyed it brown or black, he would look a lot younger.  Not everyone cares about looking younger.  My friend has black hair, but during his divorce, it started to go grey and he left it like that for awhile, but then he dyed it back to black and he looked so different.  I got used to the grey so when it went back to black, I almost didn't recognise him.  Even his kid was like "Daddy, where's your white hair gone?"  My husband went grey in his early 20s and used to dye his beard, but I told him not to bother with it because he looks great anyway.

Kyle's a middle-aged frat boy, which is so unattractive and appealing.  Peter Pan be damned.  Enough with your non-stop drunkenness, ffs.  Amanda, you idiot - this is the man you want to be the father of your children???  Stephen, is Lindsay the woman you want to be the mother of your children?!!! 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I also don't think Kyle is implying that Des is ancient in years, but simply noting in a humorous way that he looks like an older version of him, which is actually very bizarre, especially in light of how Hannah was hating on him earlier in the season. It's weird!

• Love 9
(edited)

Dez looks so much like him, completely understand why Kyle finds it amusing.

From the previews, he appears to come in hot so I'd wait a minute before professing that he's some mature 45 year old adult. He is dating Hannah. 

I simultaneously felt bad for both Carl & Luke. Glad they were able to talk through and handle their issue. I also applaud how Kyle handled the situation both the morning after & more recently on social media. Accepted blame & apologized like an adult. The Sunday dinner was nice. Even Paige looked moved. 

Screenshot_20210402-122141_Instagram.jpg

Edited by snarts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

That remains to be seen. I  can only picture Hannah being with someone that's just as much of an immature asshole as she is. 

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, snarts said:

From the previews, he appears to come in hot so I'd wait a minute before professing that he's some mature 45 year old adult. He is dating Hannah. 

So true!!!  Any true mature 45 year old man would NEVER EVER consider dating Hannah, much less going on this shitstorm of a show.  Is Hannah pregnant?  I hope so, because then she won't be on Summer House anymore, right?

Paige continues to be spot on about everything.  Too bad her achilles heel is Hannah.

Kyle says he dropped the ball and should have known Carl shouldn't be drinking.  Then at dinner, "who isn't getting a martini?!!"  Duh.  What a douche!  

Luke, grow the fuck up.  I think he was totally faking it trying to get sympathy. And everyone bought it.

Hannah - please go away!!!

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 6

I think all of these people are a little long in the tooth for this type of show. If you are older than  22 and still drinking like they do, you are on the  roads to alcoholism (yes,I said that Housewives!) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I hate when shows like this make me confused but apparently Luke has “anger issues” but Kyle and Carl don’t?

Yeah, I was annoyed by how many times Carl said something long the lines of “I just want you to learn!” to Luke as if he, Carl, is some sort of wizened, enlightened being and not also a giant disaster of a man child. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Yeah, I was annoyed by how many times Carl said something long the lines of “I just want you to learn!” to Luke as if he, Carl, is some sort of wizened, enlightened being and not also a giant disaster of a man child. 

Perfect description of both Carl and Kyle, unless giant refers to size. 😉 It makes me really stabby when a man refers to women as "females." And the term "fuck boy" doesn't even come close to describing the toxic masculinity and male chauvinism we've seen from both Kyle and Carl. They can miss me with their pious proclamations of wokeness. Paige nailed it, Kyle chose hypocrisy.

Even though I think he's a hipster doofus, I'm Team Luke. Really, how did he lead Hannah on? According to her they spent time together, went out for dinner and texted daily. No mention of any real dates, special occasions spent together or romantic gestures like, you know, flowers. Plus when a guy's pet name for you is "Berndog" it likely means he doesn't consider you girlfriend material. What Carl did to Lauren Wirkus was leading on. Luke's behavior didn't even come close. But most of these people aren't exactly critical thinkers, so all Hannah had to do was proclaim loudly that she'd been led on and Luke was an outcast, leaving her as his only "friend". The Big Fight and the kumbaya moments afterward seem to have changed all that. There may have been sardonic laughter in my house after that.

I'm on Team Luke when it comes to Ciara, too. His crimes there? Sending her flowers and, after she'd made clear she was friend zoning him, texting to ask his friend if she'd like to watch a movie.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 8

This is my first season watching the show so I think I’m missing a lot but honestly Kyle is so fucking annoying. His frat boy schtick and drunk behaviour is so unattractive and would be annoying to be around.

I barely could finish this lame episode.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Perfect description of both Carl and Kyle, unless giant refers to size. 😉 It makes me really stabby when a man refers to women as "females." And the term "fuck boy" doesn't even come close to describing the toxic masculinity and male chauvinism we've seen from both Kyle and Carl. They can miss me with their pious proclamations of wokeness. Paige nailed it, Kyle chose hypocrisy.

Even though I think he's a hipster doofus, I'm Team Luke. Really, how did he lead Hannah on? According to her they spent time together, went out for dinner and texted daily. No mention of any real dates, special occasions spent together or romantic gestures like, you know, flowers. Plus when a guy's pet name for you is "Berndog" it likely means he doesn't consider you girlfriend material. What Carl did to Lauren Wirkus was leading on. Luke's behavior didn't even come close. But most of these people aren't exactly critical thinkers, so all Hannah had to do was proclaim loudly that she'd been led on and Luke was an outcast, leaving her as his only "friend". The Big Fight and the kumbaya moments afterward seem to have changed all that. There may have been sardonic laughter in my house after that.

I'm on Team Luke when it comes to Ciara, too. His crimes there? Sending her flowers and, after she'd made clear she was friend zoning him, texting to ask his friend if she'd like to watch a movie.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am on Team Luke too. The boys are all in their mid to late 30's struggling to stay relevant, and all have exhibited fuq boi tendencies. Kyle cheated on Amanda repeatedly. He led HER on initially. Carl gas lighted and strung along the twin. And Lindsey. And Paige.  I think they are slightly jealous of the new pretty boy in the house.

I like Ciara, but I think she is rude. I don't think its fair to come into house as Luke's buddy, and now treat him like crap. She needs to have a conversation with him and squash it and move on without acting nasty. This is where Luke failed tho, he is after a 24 year old. He is 36. They are on different levels of life, never mind friendship or anything else.

Oh Stravvy Stravvy Stravvy. Did you miss Lindsey? Or the camera's? Its hard to believe he is requesting more drama by staying with Lindsey. She is so damaged she is not even aware she is the problem.

• Love 5

I don’t really understand why everyone is so mad at Luke or why the fight got blamed completely on Luke. Didn’t Kyle charge at Luke at the front door? How are we having all these conversations about Luke’s temper but not Kyle or Carl? And why was everyone mad at Luke in the first place? I really can’t stand Luke, but what did he do? He yelled at Hannah? He asked Cierra to watch a movie too many times? I mean these things aren’t great, but seriously? Isn’t everyone’s anger a little over the top? For the first time Cierra was coming across as a bit of an immature brat. It seemed like she wanted Luke to somehow never speak to her even though they live in the same house, which doesn’t seem like a great plan. It was starting to feel like she was looking for reasons to hate Luke. Which, fair, we all hate Luke. But other than a loyalty to Hannah (for reasons? I don’t know the reasons)I don’t get why this is such a big deal for her. And if it is about loyalty to Hannah, Paige’s little inference that Hannah has been sleeping with Des for a while might be very interesting. In conclusion, I will not be happy this season until Hannah is shown to be the ultimate villain.

• Love 11

What again is Luke apologizing to everyone? Hannah staged this whole “Luke lead me on” BS. Carl and Kyle ganged up on him since now they’re for women’s rights. I’m no fan of Luke but I genuinely felt bad for him. These guys, and some of the women are just awful. Hannah is an infected limb that needs to be a amputated out. 

• Love 13
On 4/3/2021 at 9:57 PM, FozzyBear said:

How are we having all these conversations about Luke’s temper but not Kyle or Carl?

The Watch What Crappens Podcast for this episode did a very funny take on the way that Luke's temper(!) was misrepresented by the two morons.

• Love 3