Type keyword(s) to search

Predator and Prey: Assault, harassment, and other aggressions in the entertainment industry

Message added by OtterMommy

The guidelines for this thread are in the first post.  Please familiarize yourself with them and check frequently as any changes or additions will be posted there (as well as in an in-thread post).

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Yes, this thread replaces the old thread.    The previous thread included Harvey Weinstein in the title and wanted the thread to reflect that he's not the only predator in the entertainment business.

Thank you, but is the old one archived in case we want to check some of the old discussion, or is it gone?

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

Thank you, but is the old one archived in case we want to check some of the old discussion, or is it gone?

The old thread was removed when this one was created.  Sorry!

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

[announcer voice] But wait, there's more!

'Anatomy Of A Fall' Actor Samuel Theis Accused Of Rape, Booted From Set Of Latest Project

Samuel Theis, who starred in the Golden Globe-winning film “Anatomy of a Fall,” was reportedly ousted from his third directorial project, “Je le Jure,” after being accused of rape by a crew member, according to reports that first appeared in the French newspaper Liberation.

The alleged incident reportedly occurred July 1 after what the publication described as a “very drunken evening” in an apartment rented for Theis. The unnamed accuser claimed he slept over due to his inebriated state and was raped by the filmmaker in the early morning.

Variety confirmed Monday that Theis was subsequently ousted from the set but was allowed to direct the rest of the film remotely. Theis reportedly claimed his encounter with the crew member was consensual, but the accuser said he was too drunk to have consented...

While Dosé claimed she wasn’t aware of any legal complaint being lodged against Theis or the production and Variety was reportedly “unable to access” it, French magazine Telerama reported Saturday that the crew member filed a police report.

• Sad 4
On 1/3/2024 at 4:11 PM, Bastet said:

I'm not familiar with them, but once I read this I swore I'd read their names before associated with the same sort of accusation, so checked that article and sure enough:

T.I. has a very extensive criminal record, including serving federal time on weapons charges.  Yet he also played a comic role in two Ant-Man movies, as an ex-con.  A stretch. 

• Useful 2

On 1/3/2024 at 4:39 PM, Crashcourse said:

I'm not surprised about the T.I and Tiny allegations.  They had a reality show on VH1 and I watched about five minutes and never went back because they were creepy as hell.

Same as above.  I wanted to quote two posts and screwed up. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Did anyone see his GMA interview this last week? What a tool.

And/or Fool.

I don't see how it's going to benefit him in any substantial way; and doing this before his sentencing might even end up shooting him in the foot.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Jonathan Majors' sentencing delayed. (Maybe forum lawyers can help me understand the process here?)

Nothing unusual -- the defense filed a motion to set aside the jury's verdict, so now the prosecution has to respond and the judge has to rule on that motion.  If the verdict stands, Majors will be sentenced on April 8th (unless there's another Hail Mary motion the defense can file at that point, but I'm not familiar enough with NY law to speculate).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5

So there's going to be a 'docu-series' on ID about Dan Scheider:

https://www.indiewire.com/news/trailers/quiet-on-set-trailer-dan-schneider-horrific-nickelodeon-reign-1234952271/

The allegedly toxic environment behind Dan Schneider‘s Nickelodeon empire is now being uncovered in a four-part docuseries.

Amid allegations of abuse and assault, Schneider’s legacy as the showrunner of hit series like “All That,” “iCarly,” and “Zoey 101” is being reframed. The ID documentary “Quiet on Set” exposes the dangerous culture behind some of the most iconic children’s shows of the late 1990s and early 2000s.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
10 hours ago, BetterButter said:

I was just coming here to post this.  Regarding one of the accusations his lawyer says he was young and immature.  Regarding the other allegation his lawyer says her client is now  “choosing to take responsibility for his own part in that toxic relationship, focusing on himself, and addressing his lifelong depression.”

Excuses excuses.  The man has violent tendencies and takes them out on the women in his life.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Look who's facing more felony charges except this time it's for suspected DUI. I wonder if he'll get a slap on the wrist yet again.....

'Home Improvement' Star Zachery Ty Bryan Arrested for Alleged DUI in La Quinta

According to arrest records from the Riverside County Sheriff's Office obtained by ET, the 42-year-old Home Improvement actor was booked into the John Benoit Detention Center early Saturday morning on charges of felony DUI with at least three priors and misdemeanor contempt of court. TMZ was first to report the arrest. 

According to the outlet, officials said that officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle, allegedly driven by Bryan, just after 2 a.m. after seeing the car, which they believed to have been involved in an earlier collision. 

Bryan will appear in court on April 23 in connection to the incident. He previously was booked for a DUI in May 2020. He pleaded guilty to that charge and was sentenced to five years of probation and 18 months of a multiple-offender alcohol program, due to his past DUI arrests in 2004, 2007 and 2017. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

Look who's facing more felony charges except this time it's for suspected DUI. I wonder if he'll get a slap on the wrist yet again.....

'Home Improvement' Star Zachery Ty Bryan Arrested for Alleged DUI in La Quinta

How has this guy's license not been revoked? And the car has been in a prior collision? Dude has serious issues with alcohol. I hope they throw the book at him THIS TIME. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

Oh, I'm sure they'll dole out more than the seven days time served he got for his domestic violence conviction (his second, mind you, and they still plead him down to that). 🙄  He's still on probation from that, and may (I haven't closely read) have been probation from the last DUI at the time of the DV.  The guy's a menace.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 2/19/2024 at 1:50 PM, Bastet said:

Oh, I'm sure they'll dole out more than the seven days time served he got for his domestic violence conviction (his second, mind you, and they still plead him down to that). 🙄  He's still on probation from that, and may (I haven't closely read) have been probation from the last DUI at the time of the DV.  The guy's a menace.

Yes, he is. He needs to be locked up. But I'm sure they'll let him off the hook. Again.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:04 PM, BetterButter said:

What the hell?

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, he is. He needs to be locked up. But I'm sure they'll let him off the hook. Again.

And if he kills someone the next time those that let him off should be held responsible.  

• Applause 6

So Chyna Phillips recently all but confirms that her dad John Phillips had a relationship with his daughter/her half-sister Mackenzie Phillips. Why she's now talking about it I'm not sure but I can't interpret this any other way:

The actress and singer shared details about her 1995 wedding night with Billy Baldwin in a YouTube video alongside her friend, Dr. Robyn Westbrook, on Valentine's Day. Phillips said her dad, John Phillips, of The Mamas and The Papas fame, "blindsided" her with an "intense" talk.

“We talked about stuff that was pretty earth-shattering. And a lot had come to the surface, and my father was having a ton of feelings. And, of course, that made me have a ton of feelings," Chynna Phillips said on her "California Preachin'" YouTube channel. "I remember I was up all night just weeping and numb as well."

Chynna Phillips said that during the conversation, she would weep and then be stoic but did not specify the details of their father-daughter talk.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

So Chyna Phillips recently all but confirms that her dad John Phillips had a relationship with his daughter/her half-sister Mackenzie Phillips. Why she's now talking about it I'm not sure

Had she previously denied it or something?  Mackenzie first talked about that 15 years ago.

Okay, I quit being lazy and looked it up -- Chynna said back when Mackenzie first revealed it in her book that yes, she knew about it (not at the time it was happening, but later, when Mackenzie told her).

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t care if Mackenzie thought it was consensual or not. He was her father, he had the power. It was grooming and it was rape.

Of course.  Not to mention that the first few times it happened (that she's aware of), she was blacked out and came to in progress or afterward. 

All around, consent wasn't even possible.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 10
13 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t care if Mackenzie thought it was consensual or not. He was her father, he had the power. It was grooming and it was rape.

Not disputing this at all.  I just assumed it wasn't new news. 

• Like 1
On 2/24/2024 at 9:56 PM, DearEvette said:

I thought Mackenzie Phillips had openly discussed her alleged incestuous relationship with her father for years?

She did, and went into detail in her book years ago. 

• Like 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Baldwin's unhinged social media meltdown about this is a masterclass in how not to respond. 

Boy howdy.  I get that it smarts to hear you suck at your craft, but, first of all, he does, so she's far from the first person to say so, and secondly, this kind of shit does not do him any favors:

Baldwin is not the point of the story (which is presumably why when she first wrote about it she didn't even name him) -- it's that she was casually instructed to fuck someone as part of her job as an actor and then dismissed as uptight when she wouldn't (and, as an aside, about the stupidity of the notion that would generate on-screen chemistry enough to distract from a co-star's anemic performance).

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 9
10 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Boy howdy.  I get that it smarts to hear you suck at your craft, but, first of all, he does, so she's far from the first person to say so, and secondly, this kind of shit does not do him any favors:

Baldwin is not the point of the story (which is presumably why when she first wrote about it she didn't even name him) -- it's that she was casually instructed to fuck someone as part of her job, in order to elevate his performance.

Yeah by all accounts, they absolutely hated each other on that set, which I'm sure is a factor in the attitude expressed, but Robert Evans was the villain of her story. If he'd just kept his mouth shut or offered up some civil comment that he didn't know about that but was sorry she'd experienced it, the focus would not have been on him. He just basically made sure way more people now reminisce about how terrible he is at acting and read his hateful diatribe than if he'd been quiet or gracious.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

Baldwin is not the point of the story (which is presumably why when she first wrote about it she didn't even name him) -- it's that she was casually instructed to fuck someone as part of her job as an actor and then dismissed as uptight when she wouldn't (and, as an aside, about the stupidity of the notion that would generate on-screen chemistry enough to distract from a co-star's anemic performance).

Oh I'm sure this contributed to Sharon being labeled difficult.  And why exactly was she difficult?  Because she didn't want to have sex with someone just because someone told her to?  Scary thing is this is still happening.  

7 hours ago, Zella said:

He just basically made sure way more people now reminisce about how terrible he is at acting and read his hateful diatribe than if he'd been quiet or gracious.

Probably the most people has talked about Billy Baldwin in decades. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2