Type keyword(s) to search

Predator and Prey: Assault, harassment, and other aggressions in the entertainment industry

Message added by OtterMommy

The guidelines for this thread are in the first post.  Please familiarize yourself with them and check frequently as any changes or additions will be posted there (as well as in an in-thread post).

• Start Topic

On 11/6/2023 at 2:27 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

There's not enough info here to really give an opinion to the allegations, but the production's response is not a good look in 2023.  Calling a woman's allegations "wild, hysterical and imaginary" is not doing what you think it is.  None of those adjectives are necessary.

I mean, that's not even what they're suing over; so the fact that they went out of their way to be derogatory really says something.

Edited by Trini
Gah! dropped word
  • Like 11

As recounted by Variety, Sharon Stone talked on a podcast (with Kelly Ripa) about being sexually harassed by a former head of Sony as she was trying to get her career started:

“I went to his office and it was, you know, back in the eighties, so the couch was basically on the floor, you know?” Stone told Ripa. “It was those very low giant couches and my knees were around my neck and of course, I’m so tall anyway, so I look like all legs sitting there akimbo on the couch, and he is pacing around the office and he’s doing the exact same thing.”

Stone said the Sony boss told her: “Oh, it’s true what they say about you and you’re the most gorgeous. We haven’t seen anyone like you in decades. Everybody’s talking about you and look at you. You’re the most articulate. You’re so smart and beautiful and that hair.”

“Then he came walking right up in front of me and he said, ‘But first … ‘ and he took his penis right out in my face,” Stone said. “Of course I was very young and what I do when I’m nervous, because I’m basically a very bubbly person, I started laughing. I started laughing and crying at the same time and I couldn’t stop because I became hysterical. I couldn’t stop, so he didn’t know what to do. So, of course, he put it away and he went through this door behind his desk, which I thought was that he left, so I didn’t know what to do.”

Stone continued, “I was just sitting there hysterical and eventually his secretary came and led me out, right? This was not the last of many weird experiences like this in my career.”

She also said this, which I like:

The actor noted that she will always accept apologies from the men in Hollywood who mistreated her over the years. For those that do not apologize, her message is as follows: “Don’t ever sit next to me again ever because if you sit next to me again, I’m gonna stand up in public and say, ‘I said, don’t sit next to me,’ so believe me.”

Stone added, “I’ve gone to screenings where the only seat left was an empty one next to me and I’ve had men sit on the stairs in the aisle because they know, don’t sit next to me if you’re a Me Too that Me Too’d me, don’t sit in that empty chair next to me unless you’re gonna say sorry.”

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 21
  • Sad 1
59 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I am so sad to know that this has been going on since before her pregnancy.  There is actual footage from her own security cameras showing all of this.  I wonder if he knew they were there?  If not, well played, KeKe. if so, then he was arrogant enough or felt secure that she would never tell  to do it anyway.

She did get her restraining order and  full custody granted.  I hope he goes to jail he sounds dangerous.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

I had never heard of her until I read here about that sexist filth he posted a while back, publicly shaming her for what she was wearing.  Now I read this -- that guy is abusive trash.  I'm glad she's away from him, but this is going to be a messy road to fully extricate herself because of the kid (right now she's got temporary sole custody with no visitation for him, but the court's goal will be for him to do what needs to be done to gain visitation rights).  It's a sad, and tragically common, situation.

• Sad 7
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

It's his second DV offense, yet the DA plead him down from 19-20 months in prison to the seven days he sat in jail back at the time of his arrest and three years probation.  Sickening.

That's a bullshit sentence. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
42 minutes ago, Jaded said:

So many guns....

Boy howdy.

According to the probation report, these items were properly secured…

Glock 26, 9mm handgun
Smith & Wesson 21-4, .44 handgun
Magnum Research Desert Eagle, .40 handgun
Colt Trooper .357 handgun
Glock 23, .40 handgun
Walther P99, 9mm handgun
Bushmaster XM-15, .223 semi-automatic rifle
Battista Rizzini 12/70 shotgun
Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic rifle
LH Gun Co. M1A semi-automatic rifle
Glock 42, .380 handgun
Interarms 92 .357 carbine
Benelli Super 90, 12 gauge shotgun
Heckler & Koch .45 semi-automatic rifle

And these are unaccounted for…

Colt 1908 Vest Pocket .25 handgun
Kel-Tec P32, .32 pistol
Para Ordnance P13, .45 handgun
FEG Union SA-85M (Hungarian AK-47)
Springfield Armory SAR-4800 semi-automatic rifle
Robinson Armament M96 semi-automatic rifle
Imbel .308 assault rifle
Knights Armament SR-15 semi-automatic rifle
Colt AR-15 Sporter semi-automatic rifle

Edited by Bastet
  • Mind Blown 13
  • Useful 2
On 11/10/2023 at 1:46 PM, Bastet said:

I had never heard of her until I read here about that sexist filth he posted a while back, publicly shaming her for what she was wearing.  Now I read this -- that guy is abusive trash.

I first heard of Keke Palmer from Akeelah and the Bee. I wish her and her son all the best.  

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

That part of your reply made me laugh last night when I first saw it.

I got it from Ronnie Lott in a commercial over 20 years ago, and have been using it occasionally ever since to express "goddamn, is that accurate" type sentiments.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Wow... been reading the Cassie allegations against Diddy and they are awful.  Just awful.  If this is all true, why are people like this?  Also Diddy  (allegedly) blew up Kid Cudi's car?

Okay, now I’m starting to think he really did have Tupac killed.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

And as quickly as it was announced, it's already been settled.

A settlement was reached Friday between singer Cassie Ventura and music mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs after Ventura accused him in a federal lawsuit of rape and years of abuse, according to statements from both sides.

“We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love,” Combs said in a statement obtained by CNN.

Which just screams her accusations are real.

• Like 9
  • Useful 6

And another one: Jimmy Iovine sued for alleged sexual abuse.

A woman is filing a lawsuit against music executive Jimmy Iovine, alleging the Interscope Records co-founder sexually abused her and forcibly touched her, according to court documents. Iovine tells Rolling Stone he’s “shocked and baffled” by the claim...

A Jane Doe plaintiff filed a summons and notice on Wednesday in New York and alleges Iovine, 70, engaged in “multiple instances of sexual abuse and forcible touching of her, including a specific incident of sexual misconduct” that occurred in New York City in August 2007. The legal filing contained little additional information regarding the woman’s specific claims, but a lawsuit is expected by the end of the year.

The flurry of filings is because NY's Adults Survivor Act is about to expire. 

• Useful 9

Diddy Gives Up Revolt Chairman Role Following Multiple Sexual Assault Allegations

Revolt TV said in a statement on Instagram on Tuesday that Combs does not have an “operational or day-to-day role” in the company, and that his decision to step down will allow the company to stay focused on its mission...

A representative for Combs declined HuffPost’s request for additional comment, but confirmed reporting from TMZ that said the move to step down is “temporary.”

• Like 5

I always found Gerard Depardieu downright gross looking.  Not just unattractive, but gross.  It wasn't based on anything he said (because I never listened to anything he said), just how he looked, and I felt bad about having such an extreme dislike for someone's physical appearance.  This year, I have been relieved of that guilt, because clearly dude is gross.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 16
  • Applause 2

When I was young I remember seeing him in Green Card which was one I watched with my Mom and Nana. The best parts of that movie were Andie MacDowell and Bebe Neuwirth being in it together.

The 1994 comedy My Father the Hero was where I started thinking Gerard was creepy. The whole premise of that movie was icky in how it was written. I've never been interested in seeing a movie he's been in since though. The basic outline is the 14 year old daughter of his character played by Katherine Heigl tells the boy she likes that her father is her boyfriend/lover and that he's dying. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 8
27 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The 1994 comedy My Father the Hero was where I started thinking Gerard was creepy. The whole premise of that movie was icky in how it was written. I've never been interested in seeing a movie he's been in since though. The basic outline is the 14 year old daughter of his character played by Katherine Heigl tells the boy she likes that her father is her boyfriend/lover and that he's dying. 

I think that's probably the only movie I've seen him in.  It was enough.  Especially gross is that Depardieu pushed for Katherine Heigl to wear the thong in that scene.

• Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 3

Explosive texts reveal Jonathan Majors urged his girlfriend not to get help for injuries because it'd risk an 'investigation'

Majors, now 34, encouraged Jabbari not to go to the doctor for an injury after some unspecified incident, according to the texts.

"It's just fake," Majors texted Jabbari. "And you have, I fear, no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital. They will ask you questions and, as I don't think you can actually protect us, it could lead to an investigation, even if you do lie and they suspect something."

Scumbag.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

That is textbook domestic abuser behavior. 

And the texts his lawyer released (from her) back when this happened were textbook abuse victim behavior, yet presented as if they indicated Majors's innocence.  This whole thing could sadly not be more typical if it tried.  Let's just hope that, atypically, he faces some meaningful consequences.

• Like 9
On 12/11/2023 at 10:55 AM, bluegirl147 said:

That is textbook domestic abuser behavior.  I've said before I always had this visceral negative reaction to him.  He is not a good guy.

And yet there are STILL people defending him. “He wasn’t yelling” “Who can blame him for being upset that she was drunk?!” Pardon me while I vomit.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 7
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And yet there are STILL people defending him. “He wasn’t yelling” “Who can blame him for being upset that she was drunk?!” Pardon me while I vomit.

Why should he have been upset because she was drunk?

• Like 5

The video from the Jonathan Majors case has been released. I usually hate to link DailyMail but they are one of the only publications that isn’t spinning the headlines to focus on her chasing him down the street after the altercation. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12860345/amp/Jonathan-Majors-shocking-shoving-Grace-Jabbari.html

A lot of other evidence has been released but I am have a hard time stomaching the way it is being reported. 

18 hours ago, AstridM said:

Why should he have been upset because she was drunk?

The myth of the perfect victim strikes again. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

The video from the Jonathan Majors case has been released. I usually hate to link DailyMail but they are one of the only publications that isn’t spinning the headlines to focus on her chasing him down the street after the altercation. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12860345/amp/Jonathan-Majors-shocking-shoving-Grace-Jabbari.html

Damn, when even the Daily Mail isn't here for your victim-blaming bullshit, then you've really sunk low.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Damn, when even the Daily Mail isn't here for your victim-blaming bullshit, then you've really sunk low.

I have to wonder how much race plays into the Daily Mail's coverage with Grace being a white woman and Jonathan being a black man.  Would the DM be reporting this way if Grace was a WOC?

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1

French Actor Emmanuelle Debever Found Dead at 60: Reports

Emmanuelle Debever, a French actor who was among a number of women to accuse Gerard Depardieu of sexual assault and harassment in recent years, has died. She was 60. Multiple outlets reported Debever died in an apparent suicide Thursday after France's National Audiovisual Institute announced her death Monday in a post shared to X (formerly Twitter).

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 14

There's no excuse or justification in Majors's abuse of Miss Jabbarri (much less in his lawyer attempting to trash her character) and the two of them deserve to have the book thrown at them. 

Regardless of how the dust settles in this, I truly hope Miss Jabbarri has gotten and/or gets help for any possible substance abuse issues for her own sake as well as any loved ones!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, Jaded said:

Ruby Franke to Enter Plea Agreement, Claims She Was 'Led Astray' by Jodi Hildebrandt, Lawyers Say

I had almost forgotten about this disgusting situation that involved "family vloggers" who were hosts of a parenting podcast and serious child abuse.

Oh, honey, you weren't led astray you happily abused your kids. You gleefully told the world you starved them and other horrible things. Jodi is horrible but you would have abused your kids even without her. Your a rotten horrible person and parent. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4