Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: There's Something About Marc

• Start Topic

The teams are asked to create five different burgers, with the winners earning a day at Dig This Las Vegas. Dinner service is a struggle for one team, who cannot stop fighting.

Airdate: 03/11/2021

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

FYI, this episode was delayed almost an hour because of Biden's speech and is starting now on Fox.

It started about 20 minutes after 8 here on the East Coast.

This had to be the WORST.LAMEST.AWARD EVER.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Marc was even more obnoxious than Episode 4 and 5, very glad he is gone.

I found it pretty funny when he called Cody tough guy when he was acting like one to be honest. Surprised to see Jordan have two good dinner services in a row and I was surprised to see Declan mess up.

• Love 3

It tickled me that Declan, who already has a strong Oirish brogue, laid it on when Gordon told the blue team about their punishment being peeling all those potatoes!!😂😂😂😂

But are the episode titles indicative of who will get booted?

• Love 2

Finally!  I'm surprised that Marc lasted as long as he did.  He isn't going to get the position he thinks he deserves until he grows up.  A lot.

I wonder if Cody, Declan and Amber got together and decided to risk putting Cody up against Marc.  It might have been a bit of a gamble because Gordon could have surprised them but, based upon the service, there wasn't really anything to justify eliminating Cody.  Whatever, it paid off.  Cody handled his comments very well.

• Love 7

Was that the first time Gordon summoned a chef to the pantry during a service to tell them how awesome they are? I've watched more or less every season and can't remember it happening before.

Goodbye, Marc. Won't miss you or your bullshit fake intensity.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:20 AM, AZChristian said:

Best burgers we've ever eaten . . . across the street from Hell's Kitchen Las Vegas . . . Gordon Ramsay's Burger at Planet Hollywood.  Unbelievable.

Seconded. Their Ultimate Cheeseburger is the food of the gods. They don't take reservations, the hike to the restaurant is ridiculous (you have to park at the mall, walk from one end to the other to get to PH, then walk all the way through PH to get to Ramsay Burger) and the line is usually 45 minutes long, but the food is totally worth it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mertensia said:

Soooo glad Marc is gone.

They need to stop with the gross milkshakes. Also, I would literally not be able to swallow a really gross milkshake. Literally. 

I'd flat out refuse. This isn't Fear Factor. They came to cook and show they can lead a kitchen. 

• Love 6

this has been an interesting season so far. I have been binge watching the earlier season because of the lock down. I have noticed that the chefs of this season have been doing a better job of working together (OK Marc was an exception). This episode had the chefs actually trying to help each other during service. Cody seemed to try to keep them heading in the right direction. I have no issues with any of the remaining chefs winning.

• Love 2

Enjoyed seeing Chef Scott (former winner) on last night's episode.  We got to meet him at the GR Pub & Grill in Las Vegas, and he was SO nice.

Best ketchup ever.  (They make it in-house fresh every day.)

Capture.JPG.bc118f6292b980145185c4381000d9ae.JPG

Edited by AZChristian
Pub & Grill, not Bar & Grill.
  • Love 5

Watched this series religiously for about 7 seasons, dropped away and picked it up this year. Same stuff but yet I’m still enjoying HK immensely. Gordon is so passionate about perfect food, he’s still funny. My episode cut off so I didn’t get to see Marc walk the hall but figured he finally had to go. The ladies have the service down so they’re tough to beat right now (just gave them the whammy). That was a lame reward but the costs for this show looks cut significantly since I last watched. The scallops look cut in half. They used to be 2 solid inches high but I could be mistaken. We don’t get a lot of high quality scallops in the Midwest, lol. 

• Love 1

I think that Cody took a huge risk as GR often takes it out on people when they put the wrong 2 people up.  He did have a good justification and probably felt that as all three of the others messed up that he may be the only one to make it through.  I believe that GR knew exactly the strategy that Cody was using but was also ready for Marc to go home.  Truly, the person who I think should have also been put up was Amber because of her choosing to do fish even though Declan told her flat out that she was stronger on meat and he was stronger on fish (and they were self-selecting).  Because of her stubbornness they messed up both meat and fish when they may have otherwise done well with them.

I also found it interesting that Amber was asking Cody to come talk to her about the team (and blatantly was excluding Marc) when just a few episodes she had a tantrum when she thought the rest of the team was excluding her (which they weren't).  

I am so tired of Mary Lou and her numerous confessionals.  I like her and find her entertaining, but she is also pretty full of herself and I don't need to see her every five minutes.

Nikki could be a surprise finalist-but I think GR won't trust her lack of experience to make her his executive chef, but he may give her a position in one of his restaurants to help build her experience.

I still think Cody could be a finalist-he did try to lead and help plus he gave a very persuasive argument when self-up (?) for elimination (I think he surprised the other two with his decision to put himself up for elimination).

• Love 6
18 hours ago, mlp said:

I wonder if Cody, Declan and Amber got together and decided to risk putting Cody up against Marc.

↑ Same thought here.  Although Gordon would NEVER employ someone with Marc's disposition, at this point it's all about leadership & teamwork.

Edited by preeya
12 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Was that the first time Gordon summoned a chef to the pantry during a service to tell them how awesome they are? I've watched more or less every season and can't remember it happening before.

Goodbye, Marc. Won't miss you or your bullshit fake intensity.

I would say it's the first time, and I believe I have seen all the seasons of the show, but then I am spacing out on Scott as a winner and barely remember Michelle, so I would not bet the farm on my memory.

• Love 3

I loved Christina in her season,, and I'm getting the same vibe from Nikki.  For someone so young, really has her self together and stays professional.  So far, we'll see.

• Love 2

I think the strategy of putting Cody up for elimination was a calculated risk that could have backfired if Gordon wasn't already leaning toward sending Marc home.  They probably knew he might go for it, and sure enough, he did.  That was a first!  Of course, Marc really should have gone home last week.

Sure the shakes were gross but these seemed less gross than in seasons past when they were made of all fish carcasses.  Declan's strategy was the best.  Not sure I'd be retching as much as Amber either.

• Love 1
On 3/11/2021 at 11:00 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

It tickled me that Declan, who already has a strong Oirish brogue, laid it on when Gordon told the blue team about their punishment being peeling all those potatoes!!😂😂😂😂

But are the episode titles indicative of who will get booted?

I melted when he did that and re-wound it 5 times. I'm a sucker for an Irish accent, lol. 

• Love 3