Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E13: The Spy Who Loved Fessy

• Start Topic

Weird that this episode was only an hour? The editors need to get their sh*t together... one week they need a cliffhanger because it's so long, then they don't have enough to fill the usual 90 minutes. Consistency would be nice!

Happy for Nany - I didn't realize I liked her so much but I was hyped for her and I appreciate her and Leroy's long friendship. 

Really not a fan of Kyle. Devin was aware of what made a good talking head without overdoing it or overacting it. Kyle just screams about how every single thing that happens is SHOCKING! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! TJ HOW COULD YOU! WHAT! I'm very over it. He's not even shady in a fun way.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

This episode was pretty boring, and I hate the “eat nasty crap” challenges, where people throw up over and over again. So, this was probably my least favorite of the season. 

I’m happy for Nany. Finally she got an elimination win, and seeing her dump Kyle made it better. I found him to be annoying in this episode. 

While I understand why no one wants Aneesa as a partner (she obviously isn’t in the shape needed to do well in a final), I hate seeing everyone trash her.

Gabby grew on me in the end. I wouldn’t mind seeing her come back for future seasons.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

While I understand why no one wants Aneesa as a partner (she obviously isn’t in the shape needed to do well in a final), I hate seeing everyone trash her.

I hate seeing people trash Aneesa.

Hearing Fessy say that Aneesa isn't ready for a final IS RICH!... considering that he wasn't ready for the final last season,

• Love 17

Yeah, I watched the gross food through my fingers and on mute, so I didn't even see what happened except who won. Did the rest of them just quit?

I feel like there's a tug of war between TJ and the producers as to what this show actually is. TJ seems to want competitors, people who will lay it on the line and never give up, while the producers want good TV. So, TJ needs to stop pretending to be shocked when the famewhores want no part of the more trying challenges.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 11

I watched the episode on DVR; the South Park special took priority. Sixty minutes was just about right for this episode. The gang gets shoved into a gross mission with lots of moving parts, Gabby and Nany get their shots at a Skull, Nany gets the win, and Tula continues to spiral through hell. Her new partner is Cory. I lost count . . . is she partner #6?

[Checking Wikipedia]

Nope . . . she's #7. Five partners have lost in the Crater, and Natalie wound up dismissed. I don't think the "CT and Kam might not be the greatest team" vibe will cheer her up much. Cory's a good guy, but I really wanted her to comfort Nam . . . stroke his hair, rub his shoulder, and tell him Lolo can't hurt him anymore.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I get why she's not the most-desired partner, but it looks like none of the guys are banking on everyone going solo at the end. The only real plus is that Josh isn't the one dragging her name this time. I know, not worth much at all.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Aneesa will always have a special place in my heart because her Real World season was the first one I watched from start to finish.  Prior to her season I would watch an episode here and there but never an entire season straight through.  So I fully agree with you, while Aneesa is not in shape to run a final it still sucks to see everyone trash her. 

There really is not much to say about this episode.  I guess I am in the minority here, in that I did not want to see Nany win her skull and I did not think of it as a feel good moment.  Mainly because everyone in the peanut gallery was cheering for her.  Also, Nany had the numbers to go in pretty much whenever she wanted to do so but chose not to go in and I think she knew she had the connections to choose when she wanted to go in. 

• Love 15

The Cory Curse strikes again. Jeez louise man. Poor Big T.

Fessy: Gabby is my boo thang.

Cory: Cause Tori isn't around.

I always feel bad for Aneesa at this point. She survives the eliminations and yet always gets screwed at the finale. I'm glad she didn't throw herself on her sword and match herself up with Cory. Fuck the rest of them. She has every right to be on that challenge just like everyone else. None of them are the casting agents. This isn't their show. And honestly there's a whole list of people I would rather never see back on the Challenge that are constantly on whether they run a final or not. I remember Zach talking a big game about weak women and then gassing out during a final. I just hate the way they talk about Aneesa all the time.

18 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I guess I am in the minority here, in that I did not want to see Nany win her skull and I did not think of it as a feel good moment.  Mainly because everyone in the peanut gallery was cheering for her.  Also, Nany had the numbers to go in pretty much whenever she wanted to do so but chose not to go in and I think she knew she had the connections to choose when she wanted to go in. 

I wasn't feeling the "isn't this awesome" moment with Nany's win either. I've never liked how she always wanted to wait for the perfect time to go in but it comes it's not the perfect perfect time which is why she's always going in at the last moment and usually loses. I was rooting for Gabby. Mostly to break the Cory curse of course.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Love 17
18 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Aneesa will always have a special place in my heart because her Real World season was the first one I watched from start to finish.  Prior to her season I would watch an episode here and there but never an entire season straight through.  So I fully agree with you, while Aneesa is not in shape to run a final it still sucks to see everyone trash her. 

There really is not much to say about this episode.  I guess I am in the minority here, in that I did not want to see Nany win her skull and I did not think of it as a feel good moment.  Mainly because everyone in the peanut gallery was cheering for her.  Also, Nany had the numbers to go in pretty much whenever she wanted to do so but chose not to go in and I think she knew she had the connections to choose when she wanted to go in. 

I love Nany. I always hope she makes it far and eventually gets a win. I want to see her finally take home a win.

HOWEVER... I will say that I’m with you on Nany winning her skull.

I have my favorites but I like my drama better. I always want the least popular thing to happen because it creates drama. I kinda wanted Nany to lose because just about everybody in the house wanted to her to win. I wanted Devin to win last week because everybody in the house wanted him to lose. I wanted Josh in elimination because the majority alliance wanted him safe (...and because he’s Josh). I want all that because I love watching the game be flipped on it’s head.

Everybody’s expect Fessy to beast through a final. Fine! Then I want him to lose.

Nobody expects Big T to win an elimination so I want her to go down and win her skull... and even one better, WIN THE FINAL!

• Love 15
On 3/11/2021 at 12:00 AM, TiffanyNichelle said:

I wasn't feeling the "isn't this awesome" moment with Nany's win either. I've never liked how she always wanted to wait for the perfect time to go in but it comes it's not the perfect perfect time which is why she's always going in at the last moment and usually loses. I was rooting for Gabby. Mostly to break the Cory curse of course.

Agreed! I like Nany but she plays a scared game. She tends to overthink the things that aren’t worth overthinking.

I remember last season she said something to the effect of she’s not going into elimination unless she's 100% sure that she’s gonna win... and I was saying at the time that she’s never gonna go in if that’s the case. Eliminations are chancy and you will never feel 100% confident that you’re absolutely gonna win so I guess she’s never going in.

I thought Gabby was gonna come out with a win. I remember seeing on the mid season trailer Nany being dragged around like a fish on a hook doing this elimination.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I love Nany. I always hope she makes it far and eventually gets a win. I want to see her finally take home a win.

HOWEVER... I will say that I’m with you on Nany winning her skull.

I have my favorites but I like my drama better. I always want the least popular thing to happen because it creates drama. I kinda wanted Nany to lose because just about everybody in the house wanted to her to win. I wanted Devin to win last week because everybody in the house wanted him to lose. I wanted Josh in elimination because the majority alliance wanted him safe (...and because he’s Josh). I want all that because I love watching the game be flipped on it’s head.

Everybody’s expect Fessy to beast through a final. Fine! Then I want him to lose.

Nobody expects Big T to win an elimination so I want her to go down and win her skull... and even one better, WIN THE FINAL!

I am normally neutral/in favor of Nany.  I did want to see her lose because pretty much the entire house were backing her.  Like you said it creates drama.  Which, for the most part, is in short supply this season when it comes to votes and who wins in elimination challenges.  The majority seems to get it's way all season long. 

I honestly don't think Fessy is going to win this season.  Editing makes me think it could be Leroy or maybe even Darrell.  Which by the way, is Darrell the only Road Rules person still doing the show on a semi-regular basis?

• Love 6

Nobody wanted to win the gross eating challenge.  Don’t know what motivated Leroy and what’s her name to finish and try to win.

Plus it looked like everyone was going to let Nany and Gabby go to elimination.

TJ said he’ll serve up even worse things in the Final but it seems unlikely that they will have another eating challenge.

”Nothing is as it seems.”   Well does TJ have power to change things up to force them to compete?  Does he have producers credit or is he just a hired on camera talent?

Nany, Aneesa and Leroy are shamed for being on the Challenge for so many seasons.  But CT, Johnny and others have also been on the show a long time, only they’ve won multiple times.

But really the embarrassing thing isn’t being on the show so many times as much as winning the prize money being such a big deal.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Nany finally wins an elimination.

Now I'm curious as to who Big T is gonna go against because she's the last one without a skull.

I'm not curious. That Corey curse is real. She ain't winning anything no matter what.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't feel sorry for Aneesa. She talks a good game but she never shows up ready to compete physically. She's gets her veteran paycheck while she shows up out of shape and smoking. There is a reason why people don't want to partner with her and I understand. She seems nice and genuine. Sucks for her but I don't feel sorry for her.

• Love 9

CT never listens to me.  I was shouting at the TV last week for him to pick Kaycee.  Kam may or may not be great, we still don’t know, but she is rooting for Leroy to win and not putting forth her best effort.  Kaycee wants to win.  She may like having Leroy as a partner but if she were partnered last night with CT she still would have been at his level trying 100% to win.  Meanwhile Kam is refusing to eat and shouting out the math answers to Leroy. 

Edited by Never Again
Left out a word or two
  • Love 16

I get not wanting to pair with Aneesa but Kyle could have been a lot more gracious. I had previously warmed up to him just for delivering some funny commentary (not as good as Devin but I'll take it), but it was not a good look for him.

I can't stand challenges where basically everyone decides who gets to be the winning team and they just stop competing. I wish this show had some means to penalize people. There needs to be more drama. I always look forward to watching and then end up bored. 

Gabby grew on me and since all were cheering for Nany, I was hoping she'd pull it out. I've only watched 2 seasons with Nany (this one and last). I started out liking her and then lost interest. I don't hate her but she's not impressive as a player

• Love 7

Nany plays a scared game, no question. However, I feel like nearly everyone this season has basically taken the position that they should get to go in when they want, against who they want. Everyone has been pretty entitled about their skulls this season, IMO.

• Love 9

Slightly off topic, but when did this "you need a skull to be able to run the final" thing start? I skipped all the recent seasons and this seems like a weird requirement. I like that people have to actually see an elimination in order to go to the final, but the logistics behind getting a skull seem kind of arbitrary?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, shantown said:

Slightly off topic, but when did this "you need a skull to be able to run the final" thing start? I skipped all the recent seasons and this seems like a weird requirement. I like that people have to actually see an elimination in order to go to the final, but the logistics behind getting a skull seem kind of arbitrary?

They just started it last season, but the problem is they design it so everyone can have an opportunity to get a skull if they want it. There's no real cut-off penalty for those who are too scared in the beginning to go down and compete for the skull. I like it as a concept, but I want there to be randomness over when the ability to get a skull ends. I want 8 people to go home all at once for not having theirs. That would make it interesting in subsequent years. The way it works now still allows for the physically stronger players to pick off the perceived physically weaker players. 

1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I can't stand challenges where basically everyone decides who gets to be the winning team and they just stop competing. I wish this show had some means to penalize people. There needs to be more drama. I always look forward to watching and then end up bored. 

But the last time they threw out the votes of those who didn't compete. I wish they had done it again, although I'm not sure it would have helped. 

Those big guys never remember that the final is an endurance game not just brute strength and it takes a whole lot more effort to haul that 250+ lbs of muscle through snow or ice or sand than it does for someone smaller and they never have good endurance. That's why (and boy was I glad to see it after the tool he was) Zach gassed out right away on the season he made it to the final. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

They just started it last season, but the problem is they design it so everyone can have an opportunity to get a skull if they want it. There's no real cut-off penalty for those who are too scared in the beginning to go down and compete for the skull. I like it as a concept, but I want there to be randomness over when the ability to get a skull ends. I want 8 people to go home all at once for not having theirs. That would make it interesting in subsequent years. The way it works now still allows for the physically stronger players to pick off the perceived physically weaker players. 

But the last time they threw out the votes of those who didn't compete. I wish they had done it again, although I'm not sure it would have helped. 

Those big guys never remember that the final is an endurance game not just brute strength and it takes a whole lot more effort to haul that 250+ lbs of muscle through snow or ice or sand than it does for someone smaller and they never have good endurance. That's why (and boy was I glad to see it after the tool he was) Zach gassed out right away on the season he made it to the final. 

completely agree with all of this. I don't think tossing the votes would have helped here (and it didn't the last time). They need something for more drama--and I don't mean drunk people yelling at each other drama--I mean drama in the game and how things play out. TJ saying things aren't what they seem but it being a fake out most of the time doesn't work.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Nany finally wins an elimination.

Now I'm curious as to who Big T is gonna go against because she's the last one without a skull.

My first thought after finishing the episode is that the guys will kind of band together and push for Anessa vs. Big T since they see both of them as weak and want to decrease the number of women they deem "weak" to be available for the final. I'm still rooting for Big T. If the last elimination is a woman's skull elimination, then the last woman standing might pick the strongest guy. 

12 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Gabby grew on me in the end. I wouldn’t mind seeing her come back for future seasons.

I thought it was terrible. Anessa is a beast in eliminations and she at least gives some effort. They also act like the guys have never gassed out in a final. I also like Gabby and hope she comes back. 

1 hour ago, Never Again said:

CT never listens to me.  I was shouting at the TV last week for him to pick Kaycee.  Kam may or may not be great, we still don’t know, but she is rooting for Leroy to win and not putting forth her best effort.  Kaycee wants to win.  She may like having Leroy as a partner but if she were partnered last night with CT she still would have been at his level trying 100% to win.  Meanwhile Kam is refusing to eat and shouting out the math answers to Leroy. 

I think Kaycee and CT would be a power team. It worried me last episode that they showed a scene where Leroy and Kaycee were together and in their talking heads talking about how they worked well as a team. It made me think they were going to lose this challenge. On the other hand, they won. Also, to have more impact I think this challenge should have been a lot earlier in the season. It seemed to me that everyone got there and was content with the fact that Many and Gabby were going to be in the elimination, so there was no real incentive to try. The only person who had to try was Fessy, and he had to try to lose so he would be eligible for getting stolen. What if Anessa went into beast mode and ate everything, solved the equation, and broke them out of the cage? That would have been good TV. 

1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I get not wanting to pair with Aneesa but Kyle could have been a lot more gracious. I had previously warmed up to him just for delivering some funny commentary (not as good as Devin but I'll take it), but it was not a good look for him.

Kyle should have taken a page from CT's book, when he first realized that he would be paired with Big T. He played the part and encouraged her until he could unload her. Seeing as how Cory doesn't have a skull, and how Kyle is arguably the easiest gold skull left, he should suck it up, prepare to go back in elimination, and be prepared to choose a new partner. 

The Cory curse continues. What would be ridiculous is if Cory finally has the chance to earn his gold skull, he loses and leaves his own partner. The reverse Cory curse. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, aghst said:

”Nothing is as it seems.”   Well does TJ have power to change things up to force them to compete?  Does he have producers credit or is he just a hired on camera talent?

He’s not ad-libbing.  Everything’s scripted.

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

My first thought after finishing the episode is that the guys will kind of band together and push for Anessa vs. Big T since they see both of them as weak and want to decrease the number of women they deem "weak" to be available for the final. I'm still rooting for Big T. If the last elimination is a woman's skull elimination, then the last woman standing might pick the strongest guy.

If they do that, that would be awesome. No matter who wins, I want them to choose Fessy for shits and giggles. I need Fessy to be knocked down a peg.... and this is assuming that the final will ultimately be a team final. The only way I would want Fessy to win is if he's paired with Aneesa or Big T. Everybody's been downplaying them the entire season so now I want them to win.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I am normally neutral/in favor of Nany.  I did want to see her lose because pretty much the entire house were backing her.  Like you said it creates drama.  Which, for the most part, is in short supply this season when it comes to votes and who wins in elimination challenges.  The majority seems to get it's way all season long. 

I honestly don't think Fessy is going to win this season.  Editing makes me think it could be Leroy or maybe even Darrell.  Which by the way, is Darrell the only Road Rules person still doing the show on a semi-regular basis?

I forgot Darrell was on the show after watching this episode. I literally said to myself reading your post "oh sh*t! Darrell is still there, isn't he?"

• Love 2

If I were Nany, I would’ve picked Darrell or Leroy. I get that she doesn’t want to upset the BB alliance by stealing Kaycee or Amber’s partner, and Fessy wanted a new partner (so, win/win for both of them), but still, I don’t think Fessy has truly proven himself.

As much as Fessy annoyed me with all of his Aneesa bashing behind the scenes, I did appreciate that he didn’t act like CT did when he got a new partner. It was obvious that Fessy wanted to be done with Aneesa, but he at least didn’t embarrass her in the moment. I would love to see Aneesa outlast Fessy though, and Kyle too, who I thought acted like a petulant kid when he  got paired with Aneesa.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Agreed. While I understand what everyone is saying about it being uncomfortable and unpleasant to watch the Aneesa bashing, and last season when it was individual I was of the same mind, the fact is this season it’s a partner game and there are reasons people don’t want her as a partner. It’s going to be a topic of discussion. And the piece that I think Aneesa needs to clean up is that she hates that people say those things about her, but when she’s in an endurance competition she gets very defensive and dismissive about what her limits are when a partner tries to push her, such as the challenge Kyle is referencing from last season and the one Jay and Theresa won this season. I don’t think she can have it both ways. Either push yourself to the point where you can at least try to be competitive in a long distance run with obstacles, or accept that people see you as a liability in a team or partner challenge. However Kyle had no need to be so rude. I think he’s very funny, sort of despite myself, but he has a real nastiness that comes out when he isn’t getting his way. 

Why does everyone want Fessy for the final? Did they not watch last season’s final? You have CT there, who has proven himself in multiple finals. Kyle, who has placed pretty well and ahead of others (including Fessy). Cory who has a couple of good finishes. And Fessy who was the last guy up the mountain in TM. I don’t understand how he’s gotten everyone to buy into his hype. It must be because he’s an introvert. 

I don’t really think this is a spoiler because Tori is off the show but since it references events postseason:

Spoiler

Cory was incredibly on the money with his comments and predictions regarding Tori and Fessy. It actually makes me wonder when those remarks were taped. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, aghst said:

”Nothing is as it seems.”   Well does TJ have power to change things up to force them to compete?

48 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

He’s not ad-libbing.  Everything’s scripted.

They need better script-writers then because so far everything has been pretty much what it seemed!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, joanne3482 said:
3 hours ago, shantown said:

Couldn't agree more. I like the concept that they have to go into elimination to have a possibility of winning the season. It completely disrupts the dynamic of power alliances.

Like you said, my problem is that everybody seems to have a chance at getting a skull, which I feel like that takes away one of the main functions of the skull concept. There are either too many skulls to go around or there are too many chances to get one.

Last season there was no limit to how many skulls were handed out. They kept tossing the same person in, which was Jay, and he just kept racking up the skulls. They limited the amount of skulls this season to 10 but I still think that's too many. Assuming that you have the traditional one elimination per episode, by the time you run out of skulls, you're more than halfway through the season. Also, it didn't help that cast members were dropping like flies. I think we had 7 or 8 cast members leave for reasons other than being eliminated in the Crater.

Next season, let's decrease that to 6 skulls and see what happens.

• Love 5

The fact that players like Aneesa dominates in eliminations but can’t win the final show poor game design.

They loaded up the eliminations to favor bigger and stronger competitors, who often fare poorly in an endurance final.

they could balance it more but having them run 10k a couple of times during the season may not make for as entertaining TV.

that and it may cost more to set up cameras over great distances.   They may also need to get permits to film in the wide open spaces.

Iceland does have great expanses of deserted wilderness and they’ve only used it once I believe.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Why does everyone want Fessy for the final? Did they not watch last season’s final? You have CT there, who has proven himself in multiple finals. Kyle, who has placed pretty well and ahead of others (including Fessy). Cory who has a couple of good finishes. And Fessy who was the last guy up the mountain in TM. I don’t understand how he’s gotten everyone to buy into his hype. It must be because he’s an introvert.

Exactly! I don't understand the Fessy hype when you have Darrell and CT also standing there. Not to mention in last season's final, Kyle and Cory (for all of Cory's bad luck with partners this season) did better than Fessy on the last final which required all that endurance that Fessy likes to bring up.... and that was after Cory blew his lead on the math checkpoint that put him in last place for the men.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 4
On 3/10/2021 at 6:43 PM, shantown said:

Really not a fan of Kyle. Devin was aware of what made a good talking head without overdoing it or overacting it. Kyle just screams about how every single thing that happens is SHOCKING! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! TJ HOW COULD YOU! WHAT! I'm very over it. He's not even shady in a fun way.

I like Kyle but it's exhausting to hear him SCREAM. EVERY. WORD in his talking heads

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

If I were Nany, I would’ve picked Darrell or Leroy. I get that she doesn’t want to upset the BB alliance by stealing Kaycee or Amber’s partner, and Fessy wanted a new partner (so, win/win for both of them), but still, I don’t think Fessy has truly proven himself.

18 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I don’t really think this is a spoiler because Tori is off the show but since it references events postseason:

Hide contents

Cory was incredibly on the money with his comments and predictions regarding Tori and Fessy. It actually makes me wonder when those remarks were taped. 

14 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Exactly! I don't understand the Fessy hype when you have Darrell and CT also standing there. Not to mention in last season's final, Kyle and Cory (for all of Cory's bad luck with partners this season) did better than Fessy on the last final which required all that endurance that Fessy likes to bring up.... and that was after Cory blew his lead on the math checkpoint that put him in last place for the men.

Seriously. I don't understand why everyone is fighting over Fessy when you have four time Challenge champ Darrell and three time champ CT up for grabs. 

Cory must have seen into the future with his Jordan/Tori/Fessy comments.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Not to be a nerd, but did anyone do the math problem correctly? They didn't follow the order of operations rules.

I feel like I remember this discussion from the last time they had a math problem like that. I think they don’t do it with order of operations for these things. TPTB probably don’t have faith that any of these people will know what it is lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like I remember this discussion from the last time they had a math problem like that. I think they don’t do it with order of operations for these things. TPTB probably don’t have faith that any of these people will know what it is lol.

Given what we know, I don't have any faith the TPTB would even know the proper way to do it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 3/11/2021 at 9:58 AM, Never Again said:

Next week is different but it really didn't matter who won this week. They were always going to let Nany and Gabby go in because no woman would want to risk their skulls. Yes, Kam is more invested in Leroy winning but there was no incentive for Kam to knock herself out on this challenge. If she also fucks around next week when CT's may get put in danger if they don't win, then he made a mistake.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Next week is different but it really didn't matter who won this week. They were always going to let Nany and Gabby go in because no woman would want to risk their skulls. Yes, Kam is more invested in Leroy winning but there was no incentive for Kam to knock herself out on this challenge. If she also fucks around next week when CT's may get put in danger if they don't win, then he made a mistake.

Yes! Also, Kam is not good at eating challenges. She couldn’t even do it in FR, when it was literally eat or be eliminated. That said, if CT keeps getting partners and expecting them to meet his standards in all activities, he’s going to continue to be disappointed. Other people seem much more patient with the fact that their partners have strengths and weaknesses. CT seems to be outwardly trying to not be as negative as he was with Veronica, but I don’t think his attitude has actually changed. 

• Love 5