Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Three's A Party

renatae
  • Start Topic

On 2/24/2021 at 8:33 PM, Lily247 said:

I genuinely don't think he's into women like Natalie, who like to wear makeup, heels, spend a significant amount of time on their hair, etc. I truly think he would prefer a woodsy, country woman who doesn't wear makeup, likes to drink beer, likes to hunt maybe, etc. Mike is a backwoods guy and I don't think they would want a fancy woman.

I think he met Natalie when she was dressed up/made up. Then he probably saw some of her modeling photos online and was impressed that SHE would like someone like him. He should "prefer" the woman you describe (and he would be better for it), but he's probably one of those guys who wants to show off ... show how manly he is, how successful.  Look at my beautiful wife!  (Well...look at her on a good day when the light is right.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I think he met Natalie when she was dressed up/made up. Then he probably saw some of her modeling photos online and was impressed that SHE would like someone like him. He should "prefer" the woman you describe (and he would be better for it), but he's probably one of those guys who wants to show off ... show how manly he is, how successful.  Look at my beautiful wife!  (Well...look at her on a good day when the light is right.)

I agree, I think Mike lost weight and started feeling like he deserved a hot young exotic wife.  I'd betcha he was very excited when he saw her pictures and I'm guessing their phone conversations were not very deep or very long.  They weren't staying up until 2am discussing aliens or the orthodox church.  Anyone can hide their crazy in half hour increments, especially if half the conversation is "baby love" and other pet names.  

If there is one thing this entire debacle SHOULD HAVE taught him, its that physical attraction isn't everything.  Its something, but not everything.  I think it would say a lot Mike if he onto some international dating site, at least it would say a lot to me.  If there is one takeaway, it should be that he should be more focused on compatibility, not just superficial attraction and if he hasn't learned that or if it still doesn't matter to him, it says a lot about him.  Personally, I kinda think he will just end up with a happy local girl who wants to eat pancakes and steaks. 

• Love 7
On 2/24/2021 at 10:33 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

Stephanie - I am 52 so I am not going to pick on her age. But the way she dresses and acts; yow; she is hella thirsty. All that desperate and crazy is not a good look.

Jovi - Yes you are an adult and can drink adult beverages. This being said slow down dude and give your liver a fighting chance.

Mike and Natalie - They seem so awful together, but I also wouldn't wish the on other singles.

Oops clicked by mistake

12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

For me, HE has more "worsts" to bring out than Natalie does. He's manipulative and conniving--and learned it at his mother's knee.

I'm surprised at this comment.  I didn't see Mike's mom as manipulative or conniving.  She seemed down to Earth and gave good advice, without being a hovering mom, like so many.  She seemed to understand how Mike is an adult and although she doesn't know if they are a good fit, it is not up to her.

Also, I would call Natalie manipulating due to several confessional moments where she talks of using her "vomanly vays" and also how she has to weigh winning an argument against the ultimate goal of getting married.  Looks like a woman with a plan.  And I wouldn't say her mom taught her these things, though it may be true, because I don't know that and also, I love Natalie's mom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm surprised at this comment.  I didn't see Mike's mom as manipulative or conniving.  She seemed down to Earth and gave good advice, without being a hovering mom, like so many.  She seemed to understand how Mike is an adult and although she doesn't know if they are a good fit, it is not up to her.

Also, I would call Natalie manipulating due to several confessional moments where she talks of using her "vomanly vays" and also how she has to weigh winning an argument against the ultimate goal of getting married.  Looks like a woman with a plan.  And I wouldn't say her mom taught her these things, though it may be true, because I don't know that and also, I love Natalie's mom.

Russian women are taught to be shrewed when it comes to finding a partner. Marriage is the ultimate goal for most women there, and a woman in her 30s will definitely be having lots of wheels turning behind her eyes when chit chatting with a potential partner. I don't see it as bad, but they do have a grasp on how to act/what to say/cook/wear to reach the male psyche. I'm not sure if "manipulative" is the word, maybe clever planning. Clean his house, cook good food, be good with his mom, dress sexy, impress his friends, etc. I found Mike's mom surprisingly chill and hands off. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 7
On 2/23/2021 at 9:17 AM, Dirtybubble said:

I am bored to tears with these two!  You would think a bisexual woman moving to the U.S. to marry her fiance AND find a girlfriend to throw in the mix would be interesting but NO Hazel has the personality of a damn chair (UGH she is so frigging boring) and I just don't care at all about Tarek. 

Dumb (?literally) Hazel thinks any woman she picks for sexy time is going to reciprocate the feeling? She's quite boring and sure of herself, I wonder why. Is it because she's now in the Promised Land? IMO she's about a 3, and Tarik is about the same. So her future girlfriend will not be a 9-10. Get real, Tarzel.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, maxmama said:

(But I am sure he has not refused to have sex with her though).  Through his contempt and hostility I would say he has paid her back, and his constant shrugging and “I don’t know” in response to every question makes me crazy right along with Natalie.    

I've said this before, any couple having satisfying sex do not act hateful towards one another during the day. I absolutely think one of them is playing hard to get, most likely Natalie. 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think she bought them to appear young and "zany" and fun- like a novelty to make wearing it fun. Possibly he might not be experienced w/condoms so he could see what he was doing w/them in the moment like putting them on properly? IDK. 

I just can't get over Stephanie showing  her age referring to condoms as "rubbers." Yes, she's definitely on some heavy medication, and why isn't she hooked up with someone in the States? She almost worse than Darcey. Thanks, Sharp, you know how to pick 'em.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Dumb (?literally) Hazel thinks any woman she picks for sexy time is going to reciprocate the feeling? She's quite boring and sure of herself, I wonder why. Is it because she's now in the Promised Land? IMO she's about a 3, and Tarik is about the same. So her future girlfriend will not be a 9-10. Get real, Tarzel.

I've said this before, any couple having satisfying sex do not act hateful towards one another during the day. I absolutely think one of them is playing hard to get, most likely Natalie. 

I just can't get over Stephanie showing  her age referring to condoms as "rubbers." Yes, she's definitely on some heavy medication, and why isn't she hooked up with someone in the States? She almost worse than Darcey. Thanks, Sharp, you know how to pick 'em.

This is an interesting theory.  I think fairly early on, Natalie talked about them having sex, but I think its entirely possible that she gave him a little "taste" and won't give anything further until she gets the ring back.  

Darcy is zany, but she is at least residing here on planet Earth with the rest of us.  I have no idea where Stephani is at, but I know that those "youth shots" are probably speed balls or just dressed up methamphetamines.  

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Russian women are taught to be shrewed when it comes to finding a partner. Marriage is the ultimate goal for most women there, and a woman in her 30s will definitely be having lots of wheels turning behind her eyes when chit chatting with a potential partner. I don't see it as bad, but they do have a grasp on how to act/what to say/cook/wear to reach the male psyche. I'm not sure if "manipulative" is the word, maybe clever planning. Clean his house, cook good food, be good with his mom, dress sexy, impress his friends, etc. I found Mike's mom surprisingly chill and hands off. 

Its just all so obvious that it hardly seems strategic or shrewd.  There is zero nuance.  I know, I know there is editing.  But I can only go by what I see, and what I see is someone who does not have any kind of nuance or subtlety.  I'd think that even in Russia if you were cooking and cleaning in hopes of getting a man to propose, you wouldn't mention it like every 5 minutes.  

• Love 4
On 2/24/2021 at 10:26 PM, Lily247 said:

I don't get the need to drink constantly. I am a social drinker, meaning I will have a glass of wine once a week or so to relax at a restaurant or a shot of vodka if I go out, maybe twice a month max, just for a rush or buzz, but also TBH because I don't want to be the only one not partaking and I drink responsibly. I could easily go the rest of my life without it and not care.  I feel sad for people who seem to be addicted to the need for alcohol. Coffee, on the other hand, I could barely last a day without. Thank goodness caffeine addiction doesn't carry the stigma or cognitive impairment as alcohol. 

I agree. I don’t even drink that often. I only do it occasionally, like once a month. 

• Love 1
On 2/27/2021 at 12:21 AM, RealReality said:

Personally, I kinda think he will just end up with a happy local girl who wants to eat pancakes and steaks. 

If only!  Passive-Aggressive guys like Mike (average and below) need to prove to everyone who knew them that they CAN get the hottest girl in the room.

8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd think that even in Russia if you were cooking and cleaning in hopes of getting a man to propose, you wouldn't mention it like every 5 minutes.  

Perhaps it's every five minutes because that's how the editors like it.  They want to play around to determine which one they can make us hate more.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

If only!  Passive-Aggressive guys like Mike (average and below) need to prove to everyone who knew them that they CAN get the hottest girl in the room.

Perhaps it's every five minutes because that's how the editors like it.  They want to play around to determine which one they can make us hate more.

I think time will tell.  He met Natalie organically through a friend, he wasn't like Ed or David (guy with Lana) who was out there trolling sites for the hottest girl he could find...I think his friend's girlfriend introduced them.  If Mike signs up for some international dating service, I would totally agree with you that he is shallow and only looking to get a "deal" on a good looking woman without any consideration for personality and compatibility.  

I can only go by what I see on the show but the fact that she spent even a couple hours riffling around Mike's house while he was at work on a treasure hunt for the ring suggests to me that she is pretty desperate for the ring and therefore may talk about it, ask about it and demand it way more than she should. 

In retrospect, I wish she had found that ring because what was she going to do, just start wearing it and hope that Mike was like "oh,well you found it, so I guess we're getting married now!"  I think the ensuing confrontation had she found the ring would have been pretty interesting.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I agree. I don’t even drink that often. I only do it occasionally, like once a month. 

I don't drink at all.  I just never have.  I don't care if anyone else drinks.  If someone needs me to drink, I don't need to be around them.  But I can't think of anyone who had a real problem with it.  

• Love 5
On 2/27/2021 at 2:08 AM, Back Atcha said:

Beautiful!😳.   Not even close. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Its just all so obvious that it hardly seems strategic or shrewd.  There is zero nuance.  I know, I know there is editing.  But I can only go by what I see, and what I see is someone who does not have any kind of nuance or subtlety.  I'd think that even in Russia if you were cooking and cleaning in hopes of getting a man to propose, you wouldn't mention it like every 5 minutes.  

I think she wants to get married, have a baby, go back to mama and have  him send money every month.  I don’t believe she cares a thing about him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

The white woman who is having an affair with the black man from the island, has the emotional maturity of a twelve-year-old. And she's trying to buy his affection. She us discusting and it's disgusting to watch. So I don't.  FF is wonderful.

Jovi is a "teen-boy," and she is never going to be satisfied. He drinks a lot and she hates that. He loves running and drinking with his boys, that's a recipe for divorce. She might as well go back now.

Mike and the blonde are I'll suited. Again 2 different life styles. She's needy and he's distant. 

And Ryan's parents, especially  his mom, are too possessive.  They just want him to take over so they can retire. Ugh those two!

Rebecca and Zied (?) she's a mess. 4x and she'll do it again in a few years. I like how she sent glamour shots that made her look much thinner and younger.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4
On 2/28/2021 at 6:20 PM, RealReality said:

I don't drink at all.  I just never have.  I don't care if anyone else drinks.  If someone needs me to drink, I don't need to be around them.  But I can't think of anyone who had a real problem with it.  

I don't  drink at all bc I have migraines. I used to but can't anymore. I don't mind others drinking as long as they don't get disgustingly drunk. My husband's friends had a real problem with it, so they're no longer friends. The snide comments and shade was too much.

• Love 1

Speaking as a, ahm, experienced, gay man the whole Brandon condom thing comes off as a weird brag? "As a sex connoisseur, in my many sexings I have formed very strong opinions about the optimal form of fucking" or like, he has just, you know, heard that condoms suck and doesn't want to seem sexually inexperienced.

Condoms are fine, if Brandon buys properly fitting condoms, wears and uses them correctly, I assure you he will not be having a notably sub optimal sex experience. Like, would I go back to using them with my husband? No, but we used condoms when we first starting sleeping with each other and I assure you that the sex was just fine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 3/3/2021 at 7:59 AM, antfitz said:

And Ryan's parents, especially  his mom, are too possessive.  They just want him to take over so they can retire. Ugh those two!

I think you meant Brandon, and I agree.  They probably want him to take over the house and the farm then never keep their noses out of the place.  I would have NEVER bought my parent's home or an in-law's home as I know they all would have had issues with me painting or anything to change it.  

On 3/3/2021 at 7:59 AM, antfitz said:

I like how she sent glamour shots that made her look much thinner and younger.

It was a filter!!!  (Does Glamour Shots even exist anymore?)

• Love 2
On 2/26/2021 at 11:21 PM, RealReality said:

I agree, I think Mike lost weight and started feeling like he deserved a hot young exotic wife.  I'd betcha he was very excited when he saw her pictures and I'm guessing their phone conversations were not very deep or very long.  They weren't staying up until 2am discussing aliens or the orthodox church.  Anyone can hide their crazy in half hour increments, especially if half the conversation is "baby love" and other pet names.  

If there is one thing this entire debacle SHOULD HAVE taught him, its that physical attraction isn't everything.  Its something, but not everything.  I think it would say a lot Mike if he onto some international dating site, at least it would say a lot to me.  If there is one takeaway, it should be that he should be more focused on compatibility, not just superficial attraction and if he hasn't learned that or if it still doesn't matter to him, it says a lot about him.  Personally, I kinda think he will just end up with a happy local girl who wants to eat pancakes and steaks. 

Honestly, there are guys out there who Natalie would be totally compatible with.  Some guys like a little crazy.  Even Jovi is a better fit for Natalie than Mike, but he has other issues.  But Natalie is the type who needs a fun, outgoing guy, not a boring stick in the mud like Mike.  A lot of things she does that puts him in a snit I wouldn't trip off of in the slightest.  It's just Natalie being her crazy self and you roll with it.  I think she would be a very caring partner with the right person who can deal with her quirks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Honestly, there are guys out there who Natalie would be totally compatible with.  Some guys like a little crazy.  Even Jovi is a better fit for Natalie than Mike, but he has other issues.  But Natalie is the type who needs a fun, outgoing guy, not a boring stick in the mud like Mike.  A lot of things she does that puts him in a snit I wouldn't trip off of in the slightest.  It's just Natalie being her crazy self and you roll with it.  I think she would be a very caring partner with the right person who can deal with her quirks.

A lid for every pot.  Her last two lids didn't work out too well but neither did Rebecca's.  Personally, I like to take it easy in life but some guys probably like dramatics, manipulation, constant criticism and insanity. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think with Mike there are two issues. First, he's insecure about Natalie's intentions. It doesn't help that she brags about how smart and how much more beautiful she is than him. She doesn't like his house, drinking, eating, or working habits. He doesn't pray. She won't say she loves him. I get why he would question her intentions.

On the other hand, I think a  part of his feet trudging is he knows that he needs to step it up. And if he loves her, he should make efforts to spend time with her and have healthy habits. He has some commitment issues for sure.

Then there is Natalie, who is very arrogant and clearly looks down on Mike and sees herself as superior. She's also very immature and doesn't have any interests except being attractive to men. So she's really wounded and lost herself. She is more like a 14 year old than 35 year old. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

I think with Mike there are two issues. First, he's insecure about Natalie's intentions. It doesn't help that she brags about how smart and how much more beautiful she is than him. She doesn't like his house, drinking, eating, or working habits. He doesn't pray. She won't say she loves him. I get why he would question her intentions.

On the other hand, I think a  part of his feet trudging is he knows that he needs to step it up. And if he loves her, he should make efforts to spend time with her and have healthy habits. He has some commitment issues for sure.

Then there is Natalie, who is very arrogant and clearly looks down on Mike and sees herself as superior. She's also very immature and doesn't have any interests except being attractive to men. So she's really wounded and lost herself. She is more like a 14 year old than 35 year old. 

He has to realize that she is going to turn  into an absolute monster the nanosecond she gets the ring or they get married.  If he isn't scared of that, he should be, because she will.  

The more I think about it, the more I wish she had found that ring, just so they could have the big blowup and showdown that they need to have so they can end it once and for all in a truly spectacular display of anger, disappointment and rage.  

I mean, can you imagine it, Mike just shows up one day and Natalie is casually wearing that ring?  That would have been pretty fantastic.  He probably just gave it to his Mom so Natalie couldn't get her hands on it, but I really wish Matt Sharp had made that happen for me.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

She's also very immature and doesn't have any interests except being attractive to men.

Hey now  - she DOES have outside interests!  She is really into trying to make men religious, make them into runners and curing them of the evils of alcohol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

He has to realize that she is going to turn  into an absolute monster the nanosecond she gets the ring or they get married.  If he isn't scared of that, he should be, because she will.  

The more I think about it, the more I wish she had found that ring, just so they could have the big blowup and showdown that they need to have so they can end it once and for all in a truly spectacular display of anger, disappointment and rage.  

I mean, can you imagine it, Mike just shows up one day and Natalie is casually wearing that ring?  That would have been pretty fantastic.  He probably just gave it to his Mom so Natalie couldn't get her hands on it, but I really wish Matt Sharp had made that happen for me.  

You need to get hired as a writer by Matt Sharp STAT @RealReality

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Hey now  - she DOES have outside interests!  She is really into trying to make men religious, make them into runners and curing them of the evils of alcohol.

have we all forgotten that Natalie likes to sport and make out with random trees?

Not gonna lie, Natalie and that tree had the type of chemistry I've never seen with her and Mike.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

have we all forgotten that Natalie likes to sport and make out with random trees?

Not gonna lie, Natalie and that tree had the type of chemistry I've never seen with her and Mike.  

And remember how back in Ukraine this totally fit and perfect specimen of a nature woman was instructing Mike how to run? Have we even seen her take a walk in Mike's woods?

Mr. Vintage is always so sickeningly kind and understanding towards Natalie, she's in a new country, yadda yadda, and oh and how pretty she is. Why must I remind him that she's a crazy person and that's worse than being pretty? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Mr. Vintage is always so sickeningly kind and understanding towards Natalie, she's in a new country, yadda yadda, and oh and how pretty she is. Why must I remind him that she's a crazy person and that's worse than being pretty? 

Because, and forgive me if I am out of place, your hubby is like A LOT of guys - they will overlook the crazy and only see the pretty.  Women do it, too, for a thick wallet or a handsome man.  Me?  I want a man to be able to support himself financially and after that, he could be five foot four, have warts and a hump and if he makes me laugh, I will be proposing to HIM.  (I am five foot eight and never had an issue with dating men who were shorter.)

Edited to add:  I no longer date, lol, the real life Mr. Hanson might frown upon that!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Because, and forgive me if I am out of place, your hubby is like A LOT of guys - they will overlook the crazy and only see the pretty.  Women do it, too, for a thick wallet or a handsome man.  Me?  I want a man to be able to support himself financially and after that, he could be five foot four, have warts and a hump and if he makes me laugh, I will be proposing to HIM.  (I am five foot eight and never had an issue with dating men who were shorter.)

Yes, thank you. I'm sure Mr. Vintage would not measure up to Natalie's highbrow requirements; he's a lot like Mike, come to think of it. 

I'll see your financially support himself and raise you the ability to entertain himself. Lol

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Edited to add:  I no longer date, lol, the real life Mr. Hanson might frown upon that!

If you hadn't added that last edit, you'd have Big Ed hitting you up.  

This season has been a STRUGGGGGGLE to watch.  I have it on each week, and when it's over, I have no idea what's happened.  I come here, catch up on posts, and I'm like "oh yeahhhh i kind of remember that..."  But how long is this show going to drag on the Mike & Natalie "Will they or won't they?" Their timeline has not progressed at all since the season premiere lol.   Then again, Tarik and Hazel haven't progressed much since whenever the hell he was last on.  Hazel came to the states and that's about the only difference lol

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

This season has been a STRUGGGGGGLE to watch.  I have it on each week, and when it's over, I have no idea what's happened.  I come here, catch up on posts, and I'm like "oh yeahhhh i kind of remember that..."  But how long is this show going to drag on the Mike & Natalie "Will they or won't they?" Their timeline has not progressed at all since the season premiere lol.   Then again, Tarik and Hazel haven't progressed much since whenever the hell he was last on.  Hazel came to the states and that's about the only difference lol

I had kept putting off watching this season after it premiered because it sounded like a dud.  

Because my expectations were so very low I think I've been pleasantly surprised.  

I was dreading Natalie's return because I was sure Mike was going to be putty in her hands again and i was going to watch her just be a shit to him without him giving any resistance.  

That would have really infuriated me.  

I didnt hate anyone but Stephanie's undertones of monetary manipulation, low key racism and superiority complex are very icky to me.  

She is upsetting me in the same way big Ed did.  And I think she might be worse.  

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I think even if I was unmarried, Ed would not hit on me.  I am 56, not 26 don't ya know?

1 hour ago, Rt66vintage said:

I'll see your financially support himself and raise you the ability to entertain himself. Lol

I agree on the ability to entertain himself.  My hubs spends HOURS in his shop........I kinda love it!

13 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She is upsetting me in the same way big Ed did.  And I think she might be worse. 

I agree about Stephanie - she really is worse because she is doing a number on two guys, not just one.  I am not slut shaming her, I would say the same thing (and I think I did about Geoffrey) tagging two women along.  And I think you are being too nice, @RealReality, that Stephanie has undertones of monetary manipulation.  She is straight up doing that with undertone at all, lol!!!

And because we all friends here, I will disclose that I am spending $5 for Discovery Plus, just to watch Pillow Talk on the Single Life.  Don't watch the show but man the Pillow Talk is good.  I even like Mohammed, and that is saying something!

• Love 2
On 3/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I will disclose that I am spending $5 for Discovery Plus, just to watch Pillow Talk on the Single Life.

HERECY! 😳

Prepare the Ducking Stool... 💦

• LOL 2