Type keyword(s) to search

Obesity Med LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Follow the epic journey of two morbidly obese people seeking weight loss surgery. Single father James has life-threatening sleep apnea due to his enormous size. Amy fears she could soon become so heavy that leaving her home would be physically impossible.

I'm here...

Damn, when the show started on the black screen it sounded like someone was mid-marathon...and she was just walking down the sidewalk.

James seems nice and has a sense of humor. That's a good start.

Amy's daughter is taking after her. Hope she can get them both on track.

And agreed; doc is cute.

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Hey y'all!  Can we handle 3 hours in a row? 😆

Doc is cute!

3 hours, but how many pounds? 🙂

That's interesting, the doc and the patient are old buddies from the same small town.  It would be weird for me to do surgery... though I guess I give medical advice to friends, family and neighbors so it's not too different.

The woman huffs and puffs enough to make the Evil Wolf envious!

Did I just see a 6 year old with fat-boobs? 

• Love 3

They are in Amarillo, home to the Big Texan. Eat a 72 pound steak and sides in under an hour and it’s free. It’s been featured on many shows including Man vs Food and the Simpsons. Feel bad for the lady’s daughter.

• Love 3
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

Jesus, this woman sounds like she's going to pass out in a (rapid) heartbeat 

Yea she sounds like she is going to drop dead Any second. So after the failed surgery did the doctor advise her to lose weight? Take some responsibility 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

I am crying for her daughter, 125 pounds.  Passing obesity down to another generation.  She will have her very own special episode of M600PL in 20 years.

If you watched the TV show Too Fat for 15, Scotty weighed 366 at 13 and both of his parents had had weight loss surgery. Today Scotty weighs 600 plus.

13 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Hey y'all!  Can we handle 3 hours in a row? 😆

Doc is cute!

🙂 First perk!

5 minutes ago, Concerned said:

If you watched the TV show Too Fat for 15, Scotty weighed 366 at 13 and both of his parents had had weight loss surgery. Today Scotty weighs 600 plus.

Nooo! Scotty gained it back?? He was down to 250!

Where are the follow up shows?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

I watched the show, but don't remember any of them individually - tho, was that the show with the really big black girl who was a little unusual looking? Whichever he was, it's awful that he got so big and couldn't get a handle on his weight. 

6 minutes ago, Kid said:

That kid is obese as well.  If you are struggling yourself with weight, how can you let your kid fall into the same trap?

It's nearly impossible to limit to your child when you have no idea what a normal portion looks like. One can't pile three pounds of food on their own plate, and then give their child 3 ounce portions (that's a proper kid size portion) of each course. Also, the kid is likely getting 600lb mom choices---fried everything with a side of burgers and dessert.  

• Love 8

I don't think I'd have a little kid in the consultation with me. That happens a lot with single parents. They involve the kids in things they should be sharing with an adult partner. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

It's nearly impossible to limit to your child when you have no idea what a normal portion looks like. One can't pile three pounds of food on their own plate, and then give their child 3 ounce portions (that's a proper kid size portion) of each course. Also, the kid is likely getting 600lb mom choices---fried everything with a side of burgers and dessert.  

I get it but I don't.  She says she wants to be an example to her daughter that she doesn't give up.  Example to her daughter to eat right.  She says she wants to be healthy for her daughter but she's making her daughter unhealthy.

I guess denial is not a river in Egypt.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

I don't think I'd have a little kid in the consultation with me. That happens a lot with single parents. They involve the kids in things they should be sharing with an adult partner. 

Since she was in there (I wish she wasn't), I hope she takes heed.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, aliya said:

I watched the show, but don't remember any of them individually - tho, was that the show with the really big black girl who was a little unusual looking? Whichever he was, it's awful that he got so big and couldn't get a handle on his weight. 

Tanisha. She went from over 500 to 200.

• Love 1

Why the eff would you want to eat blended barbecue chicken?  And why don't you just stick to what you are supposed to do?  I feel this guy won't do well.  He is looking for a magic wand. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Kid said:

I get it but I don't.  She says she wants to be healthy for her daughter but she's making her daughter unhealthy.

I guess denial is not only a river in Egypt.

Addiction. It skews rational thought. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

I am crying for her daughter, 125 pounds.  Passing obesity down to another generation.  She will have her very own special episode of M600PL in 20 years.

Both poundticipants have overweight children. It's sad to seem them that big at such a young age.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Why the eff would you want to eat blended barbecue chicken?  And why don't you just stick to what you are supposed to do?  I feel this guy won't do well.  He is looking for a magic wand. 

I just did a 2 week liquid diet in support of a buddy who was having gastric bypass surgery.  I was eating blended tuna and doing raw egg shots seasoned with soy sauce and pepper. They were good!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

I missed it.  Why did the surgery fail?

I missed it too, not sure if they specified but I imagine it was medical and they advised her to lose more weight 

Me...judging blended BBQ while eating Kraft cheese slices as a snack

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

True. I also have observed obese parents act as if if they are making the child happy by giving them huge quantities of unhealthy food.  They don’t get how it’s handicapping the child.

It's ironic that the ad just came up with how you use food to make your pets happy... it's not right for pets and it's even less right for kids (people in general), but to put it on during a show about people struggling with food addiction is either ironic or cruel.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Did..did he put BBQ in a blender?

1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

His skin is really rough.  The liquid diet is not to avoid chewing. Yuck. Blended barbecue.

Yeah I don’t think that’s what the Dr wanted when he told him to go in a liquid diet!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

I was gonna comment on that, too. She said she has her mom and sister (who she is supporting, whatever that means). Can't they watch her during her appointment?

• Love 1