Type keyword(s) to search

Obesity Med LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I just did a 2 week liquid diet in support of a buddy who was having gastric bypass surgery.  I was eating blended tuna and doing raw egg shots seasoned with soy sauce and pepper. They were good!

Better you than I!  

I was on *soft* foods for three days after having my wisdom teeth removed, and it was by far the hardest part of those three days.  And I actually love applesauce and yogurt!  

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What I noticed about liquid diet recently with my colonoscopy.....I was very hungry.   

That's the worst part of the whole procedure!!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

It's ironic that the ad just came up with how you use food to make your pets happy... it's not right for pets and it's even less right for kids (people in general), but to put it on during a show about people struggling with food addiction is either ironic or cruel.

I want to throttle the ad exec who came up with "go to your Skippy place".  Let's encourage emotional eating of a zillion calorie product. 

• Love 2

I am all for humor... but this guy is venturing dangerously close to the 1000-pound sisters territory.   I don't like him. 

His older boy seems well on track for obesity as well judging by that headshot.

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

I am all for humor... but this guy is venturing dangerously close to the 1000-pound sisters territory.   I don't like him. 

He doesn't have the fat deposit on his forehead!  That's all I really know about them.

• LOL 5
14 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

MsVixen reporting for duty, y'all!

Why am I getting the impression that this is a replacement for My 600 Pound Life if Dr. Now is thinking of retirement?

I’ve been thinking the same thing. Either these guys or Dr Proctor. All are more telegenic than Dr Now, IMO. 

• Love 3

I don't know what diet she has been on, but that breakfast doesn't look like something either of them really should be eating.  White bread toast and juice...  eggs won't save them. 

• Love 4

That Femiclear commercial is so irritating.

6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

How much time have we covered? She said her daughter was 6 at the beginning, but the caption just said 7.

There was a birthday party. She must have turned 7.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh shoot she weighs more than me....I hope she is tall for her age. Poor kid.

It's pretty clear the kid is obese already.  unfortunately, childhood obesity is far worse in that her whole body adjusts to that and losing weight will be a lot harder than for someone who was healthy as a child and only gained as an adult.  They are also Latinas, which makes it even harder metabolism-wise.

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh shoot she weighs more than me....I hope she is tall for her age. Poor kid.

Watching her stand at the stove, unless she's on a stool or something, she does seem on the tall side. I definitely was not frying eggs when I was that age (though I was decidedly on the short end of the bell curve at that age, too).

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I want to throttle the ad exec who came up with "go to your Skippy place".  Let's encourage emotional eating of a zillion calorie product. 

That one and Poise in your pants. Always hear Poison Pants 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Kid said:

Why is the doctor not addressing this with the mother???

I think he can’t unless she comes in as a patient, but as a mandated reporter.....he and the teachers should report it as neglect, imo.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Watching her stand at the stove, unless she's on a stool or something, she does seem on the tall side. I definitely was not frying eggs when I was that age (though I was decidedly on the short end of the bell curve at that age).

She does look tall. Such a pretty and smart little girl. I hop her and her mother learn healthy habits.

• Love 2

Wish they showed the guy, he talks how he 'was' 480 pounds but something tells me he is still something like 350 a year later even after surgery because he started monkeying around with food earlier than he was supposed to... and yeah, because I don't like him and don't believe in him.

• LOL 2
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t understand the mentality of a post surgery patient who against medical advice eats solid food when it could kill them!  Boggles the mind.  Being nauseated is better than being dead.  

Only thing I can think of is that the struggle of addiction is real...

• Love 2

Oh, a weight loss surgery AND a makeover show all in one. 

Way to economize, show 

3 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Folks, I am cleaning things up.  Please give me some time to do so.  Thanks. 

Thanks for all you do, Princess!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

She's 6, in kindergarten, and 125 pounds.

I was glad to hear that the surgeon was also concerned about her daughter's health.  He said he hoped that by intervening now would save Amy's daughter from having to struggle with obesity like her mom.

• Love 3