Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12:Whitney Gets Her Groove Back

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Yep - to put it in perspective, Whitney would still be morbidly obese at 220 lbs. She would have to be 160 lbs to be considered overweight but not obese. So she’s twice the weight she would need to be just to be not obese, but still overweight.

Whitney could be up to 163 lbs. and still be considered overweight but not obese, according to cancer.org's chart for a 5'2" woman.

I personally think those categories don't work for a lot of people, though.  The photo below was a selfie I took of myself in 2009.  I am 5'2" and I weighed around 160 lbs. in the photo.  Do I look like my BMI should be 29 and hovering near the "obese" category?  That wasn't even the most slimming outfit either!

0408090908a.jpg

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Whitney could be up to 163 lbs. and still be considered overweight but not obese, according to cancer.org's chart for a 5'2" woman.

I personally think those categories don't work for a lot of people, though.  The photo below was a selfie I took of myself in 2009.  I am 5'2" and I weighed around 160 lbs. in the photo.  Do I look like my BMI should be 29 and hovering near the "obese" category?  That wasn't even the most slimming outfit either!

0408090908a.jpg

I think you look beautiful. 

I don’t think Buddy makes for good television. He’s very restrained and awkward and it makes me feel the same.  With that said if I tried on clothes for my guy it would be boring tv so I’m not necessarily putting Buddy at fault.

But if I, a person in insurance, recognize he’s not good tv how do TPTB not know?  She needs a fun sounding board if this is going to work. A spunky girlfriend bc honestly those clothes did make her look 100x better which is a great jump right there to a good conversation.  And they’ve all hung out with  COVID out so that could happen.  Jump into the dating apps but with someone who has a pulse!  

Oddly I find Whitney compelling- I think she can pull a show but I think she needs to get her head out of her ass and start doing things like that- online dating  I’d be along for the ride and would want the best for her.  It would need to be REAL not Chase bullshit but it could be a good show if her ego allowed it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Oddly I find Whitney compelling- I think she can pull a show but I think she needs to get her head out of her ass and start doing things like that- online dating  I’d be along for the ride and would want the best for her.  It would need to be REAL not Chase bullshit but it could be a good show if her ego allowed it.

I think her ego would only allow it if she could do it off-season and end up with a guy who she thought liked her and allowed her to control the narrative.  When she thought Avi and she were "in love" she was thrilled to tell her friends that "he likes big women" even though she claims not to want that kind of guy.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, princelina said:

I think her ego would only allow it if she could do it off-season and end up with a guy who she thought liked her and allowed her to control the narrative.  When she thought Avi and she were "in love" she was thrilled to tell her friends that "he likes big women" even though she claims not to want that kind of guy.

See, that’s what I don’t get about Twit.  She says she doesn’t want a guy like that, but then she also demands that people love her or want her just the way she is.  What is the difference?  I know she says she doesn’t want to be someone’s fat fetish, but if a man is attracted to large women I don’t think it’s the same.  For example, I’m attracted to men with dark hair.  That doesn’t mean I have a black hair fetish, it just means I prefer that as an aesthetic in attraction.  Fetish is defined as a strong or unusual need, or a need or desire for an object, body part or activity.  They aren’t the same thing.  So is this just another excuse of hers to keep men who might actually make her happy away from her?  Why would anyone want to do that?  I don’t get it.  Can someone please explain?

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

See, that’s what I don’t get about Twit.  She says she doesn’t want a guy like that, but then she also demands that people love her or want her just the way she is.  What is the difference?  I know she says she doesn’t want to be someone’s fat fetish, but if a man is attracted to large women I don’t think it’s the same.  For example, I’m attracted to men with dark hair.  That doesn’t men I have a black hair fetish, it just means I prefer that as an aesthetic in attraction.  Fetish is defined as a strong or unusual need, or a need or desire for an object, body part or activity.  They aren’t the same thing.  So is this just another excuse of hers to keep men who might actually make her happy away from her?  Why would anyone want to do that?  I don’t get it.  Can someone please explain?

I don’t know for sure but this is a guess. I think Whitney has only experienced interest from people for whom fat is a fetish rather than an attraction. People who sees her as a fetish don’t care about her. She’s an object or a tool.  That’s been her experience. So she assumes anyone who is attracted large women is attracted in a fetish way. For all of her sexual expression touting, she knows fetish isn’t relationship. And she’s never experienced a relationship that developed from friendship for which physical attraction developed because of the love for the person, as opposed to the other way around. 

• Love 7
On 1/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, Nicmar said:

I'm pretty sure Lane Bryant is in most major cities

Not sure anything at Lane Bryant would fit her.

On 1/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, princelina said:

She has not had much to say when

1. Babs cleans her room and comes out with tons of dirty plates and empty wine bottles

2.  Glenn tells her to clean her car and opens the hatchback, causing fast food bags and wrappers to roll out like dust bunnies

3.  Her trainer busts her pigging out in her car (actually yes she did - see #7 above)

Other than that we've had to figure it out for ourselves 😄 

4. Buddy found her in her car eating a half gallon tub of ice cream as "Parking Lot Time".

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I keep thinking about this one...

Is TLC trolling us, or her, with the title? Because the only thing Whitney got back in this episode was forced validation. 

Also, IMO the reason she kept giving superficial reasons for WLS is because she knew that her friends, family, and doctor would tell her not to do it. "I have pre-diabetes and significant health problems" is harder to fight against than "I want a husband who won't cheat on me." 

• Love 2
On 2/1/2021 at 12:33 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

See, that’s what I don’t get about Twit.  She says she doesn’t want a guy like that, but then she also demands that people love her or want her just the way she is.  What is the difference?  I know she says she doesn’t want to be someone’s fat fetish, but if a man is attracted to large women I don’t think it’s the same.  For example, I’m attracted to men with dark hair.  That doesn’t mean I have a black hair fetish, it just means I prefer that as an aesthetic in attraction.  Fetish is defined as a strong or unusual need, or a need or desire for an object, body part or activity.  They aren’t the same thing.  So is this just another excuse of hers to keep men who might actually make her happy away from her?  Why would anyone want to do that?  I don’t get it.  Can someone please explain?

She also said she didn't want to date an overweight guy but then was all into Roy.  I think she just tries to sound like she's so discriminating to explain why she doesn't have a man, even though she secretly fears it's because she's too fat.  So when someone does seem to show an interest in her (Avi apparently did have some kind of relationship with her, and while Roy wasn't interested she thought she had him "in the bag") she's thrilled and could care less about her supposed dating rules!

• Love 2

People like Whitney have pissed me off during this pandemic. They're the type of people who run out every single day for non-essential outings and then complain about all the other people who are out and not taking things seriously. THEY can take trips, have get togethers, etc but nobody else can. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

People like Whitney have pissed me off during this pandemic. They're the type of people who run out every single day for non-essential outings and then complain about all the other people who are out and not taking things seriously. THEY can take trips, have get togethers, etc but nobody else can. 

And ask for a maskless  hug ("Whitney  Confronts Chase") and then go batshit when someone else  (Ryan) doesn't wear a mask. Maybe she was secretly hoping that Chase would get Covid from the maskless hug and take it home to his pregnant girlfriend. 

• Love 4

OMG - though I am not a Buddy fan, he absolutely was within his rights to call out Whitney for demanding that he “ get over it” because he was ruining her weekend.  After she spent weeks on the couch & bed having him wait on her hand and foot and then manipulated him with her tears to sign a lease in Charlotte.

• Love 12

Was there even a new ep tonight?  See?? I managed to get through the whole time (8-9 cst) without looking ONCE.  I think I can do it! I know I can, I know I can!

But.... donde esta snark??

And Yeah no ???  You look just fine! 

Edited by goofygirl
12 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

OMG - though I am not a Buddy fan, he absolutely was within his rights to call out Whitney for demanding that he “ get over it” because he was ruining her weekend.  After she spent weeks on the couch & bed having him wait on her hand and foot and then manipulated him with her tears to sign a lease in Charlotte.

Not only that, but after Twit came out of the room, she said her typical “it’s okay, Buddy apologized!  WHAT DID BUDDY HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR???  And the way that she tore her clothes off and then demanded that Buddy follow her into another room for a conversation was bad enough, but then to see Buddy just dutifully follow behind her like a puppy she had just beaten, with his head hanging down just frosted me to no end.  It washed away any shred of compassion I may have felt for her during all the sob sessions.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Legit question: is this woman capable of empathy? I don't think so. 

Good question. Maybe not? Even when she's sad about someone else it's always in the context of how it affects HER. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Legit question: is this woman capable of empathy? I don't think so. 

I also really don't think so, she is only focused on herself and how things reflect on her...it is Always all about her no matter what...

• Love 3
On 2/1/2021 at 1:39 AM, princelina said:

When she thought Avi and she were "in love" she was thrilled to tell her friends that "he likes big women" even though she claims not to want that kind of guy.

I still remember the whiteboard fondly.  And the chase, where she cornered him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1