Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E04: Wedding Bells in Hell

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure why someone would want to get married at Hell's Kitchen unless they need to be on TV all the time. Marc and Declan both got on my nerves but Marc did more. Cody did not annoy me tonight, I thought Peter would be sent home but I think that GR did not want only 5 men and 8 women.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xcrayon2215x said:

I'm not sure why someone would want to get married at Hell's Kitchen unless they need to be on TV all the time. Marc and Declan both got on my nerves but Marc did more. Cody did not annoy me tonight, I thought Peter would be sent home but I think that GR did not want only 5 men and 8 women.

I assume the couples who got married in one of the Vegas chapels were invited to come to hells kitchen. 

• Useful 1

Has there been any other cooking competition where a competitor hasn't consistently gone home because of "hospital" visits or injuries. I'm starting to question these more than I do the alleged "ties" this show tends to keep having.

Marc & Declan both need to shut up. I don't need Elise vs Carrie part 2. Marc is more annoying though. I really thought dude with the dark hair who was arrogant in the first episode was going to be the annoying one but nope. 

Girl who thinks highly of herself who went to the blue team, Amber I believe her name is, is annoying me too. 

Did they seriously have to trash all those purple cupcakes with the pearls on them?

How many more times are we gonna see someone boast about how good they are at cooking fish, meat, etc. but completely bomb the station, blonde dude and Syann (hope I'm spelling her name right but don't think I am). Peter should have gone home even if it put the blue team at a severe disadvantage.

• Love 4

I thought that all 4 should have been sent home.  But, I know that they have an episode requirement and the season would end too early if he had sent them all home.

Syann really put her team behind with the multiple flatbreads, so I was surprised she was safe.  But, I am really tired of the Marc/Declan drama.  These chefs with the overblown egos need to realize that there is only 1 overblown ego in this show (and GR has earned his kudos).  I kind of loved it when Gordon yelled at Marc about overtalking him.

Amber sure had attitude when she joined the blue team.  Does not bode well for her if she can't get along with the twists and turns.

• Love 4

Syann couldn't go home because she hasn't used her Punishment Pass yet.  I am sure they were thinking of that.

I laughed every time Marc looked like he was going to cry.  He is 37 and was acting like a baby most of the time.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed every time Marc looked like he was going to cry.  He is 37 and was acting like a baby most of the time.

When he heard that the women were going snowmobiling, we could almost see a "That's not F-A-A-A-I-R" thought bubble over his head.

• LOL 7

Anyone who has to yell tell everyone that he's "a natural leader" .... is not. Marc's pouty face was priceless. 

Brittany listing all of the road kill she can cook didn't mean that she could cook fish, obvs. 

Jason's and Christina's families at the chef's table? They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Is it my imagination, or is this the worst group of cooks (I can't call them "chefs") ever?

• Love 2

We had no idea who Peter and Brandi were until this episode. And who goes on a show like this one and doesn't know how to cook fish?

And finally, Amber can shut her pie hole about Nikki. We don't give a damn about your awesome resume girl, we just care about whether you can cook or not. And clearly Nikki can...

• Love 5

I have been watching earlier seasons of HK since the lockdown on Rocky. I am nearing the end of season 17 right now. All I can say is that this newest group of "chefs" is without a doubt the worst. There is not one of the group I would choose. I remember Marc because he always has the most sour expression and attitude. Then there is the crying lady (can't remember her name).  Guess this is a case of the cream of the crap will win.

• LOL 2

I thought I would enjoy Marc and Declan going at it, but I was wrong. Declan should just ignore Marc and maybe the lil troll would shut the hell up.

I'm never gonna stop complaining about those weird beards -- yeah, I'm talking about you Adam and Peter! Adam can literally braid that thing. Perhaps he should. Are there hairnets for beards?

I notice they seem to not be wasting as much food at they did in the past. They chucked the flat bread because they had to, but I seem to recall a time when even raw steak would still be thrown in the trash. Last night, Ramsey just had them put the steak back on the grill. Back in the day, he would have slammed the trays into a bin. I wouldn't be surprised if social media and forums like this one played a role. Seriously, too many starving folks out here to be throwing out so much good food. It used to piss me off.

Loved that the women weren't particularly upset to see Amber move over to the other side.

Edited by eXiled
I needed to shade Amber's smug ass.
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I'm never gonna stop complaining about those weird beards -- yeah, I'm talking about you Adam and Peter! Adam can literally braid that thing. Perhaps he should. Are there hairnets for beards?

Yep.  What I find weird is that bearded guys at our Sam's Club who hand out food samples have to wear them, but "chefs" who work in very expensive restaurants - or who appear on TV cooking shows - don't.

Capture.JPG

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yep.  What I find weird is that bearded guys at our Sam's Club who hand out food samples have to wear them, but "chefs" who work in very expensive restaurants - or who appear on TV cooking shows - don't.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the info. Even though it's a reality show, I'd think the people being served (even if they're actors receiving a free meal) would hesitate to eat there, especially since everyone can see the chefs as they prepare the meals. It's just gross at this point.

• Love 3
On 1/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, xcrayon2215x said:

I'm not sure why someone would want to get married at Hell's Kitchen unless they need to be on TV all the time. 

I'm assuming that going on HK as a diner generally means 1. a little cash 2. free alcohol 3. a 50-50 shot at a free gourmet meal 4. entertainment watching the chefs flounder around and getting yelled at 5. A tiny tiny chance to interact with GR before, during or after filming 6. a story to share among friends about that time you were on Hell's Kitchen.

Weddings in particular -- those are expensive, yo. To get built in food and photography to an extent, even if it wasn't exactly reliable, seems pretty attractive. Unlike a regular diner, I would imagine there's more of a guarantee that the newlyweds actually get fed.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

I'm actually starting to like Cody; who would have thought?

Adam looked and sounded high in his talking heads. That nasty beard still needs to go. 

My husband wandered by during one of Adam’s chefessionals and was like “that guy is totally baked”.

Regarding Cody...I KNOW!  His first two eps made me really dislike him but in this one he was the voice of reason.  I still like Declan, but Cody is growing on me and I don’t like it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Anyone who has to yell tell everyone that he's "a natural leader" .... is not. Marc's pouty face was priceless. 

Just remembered something this morning.  Who is Marc - or anyone in a workplace - to yell at a co-worker, "Hey . . . You need to stop smoking.  You'll get emphysema."??????

• LOL 2
On 1/30/2021 at 7:57 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I'm assuming that going on HK as a diner generally means 1. a little cash 2. free alcohol 3. a 50-50 shot at a free gourmet meal 4. entertainment watching the chefs flounder around and getting yelled at 5. A tiny tiny chance to interact with GR before, during or after filming 6. a story to share among friends about that time you were on Hell's Kitchen.

Weddings in particular -- those are expensive, yo. To get built in food and photography to an extent, even if it wasn't exactly reliable, seems pretty attractive. Unlike a regular diner, I would imagine there's more of a guarantee that the newlyweds actually get fed.

I just assumed they were actors.

5 hours ago, mertensia said:

I just assumed they were actors.

Maybe more like folks who go to see "The Price is Right" or "Let's Make a Deal."  You MAY win a prize (dinner), but you may just be in the background shots as part of the audience.

12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe more like folks who go to see "The Price is Right" or "Let's Make a Deal."  You MAY win a prize (dinner), but you may just be in the background shots as part of the audience.

I meant the couples getting married.

• Love 1

I am so glad that Drew got his condition medically addressed.  I'll admit that I judged him and thought he was trying to find a way out of the competition, and I apologize for that judgement.  The info also leads me to really like and appreciate Peter for caring enough to say something and try to help Drew.  So, hats off to Drew and Peter (AND the medic who had him go to the hospital-ICU is not a joke, so it was serious).

It also makes me a bit mad that the editors/producers knew why he had lost weight and therefore his pants were falling down and yet they still chose to include that embarrassing scene in the episode.

Edited by seacliffsal
edited to add criticism of editors
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I am so glad that Drew got his condition medically addressed.  I'll admit that I judged him and thought he was trying to find a way out of the competition, and I apologize for that judgement. 

Me, too.  I was doubtful about his complaints, but it appears he really was ill.  

• Love 1