Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Now in Color

• Start Topic

On 1/22/2021 at 8:01 AM, bettername2come said:

The setting was very Brady Bunch. The theme song very Partridge Family. I do think Wanda kicked Geraldine out. I feel like she might be the biggest wild card in this. I think she genuinely doesn’t remember and probably isn’t supposed to be there. Like she got caught trying to pull an extraction.

That baby doll that Vision was practicing changing diapers on was a Kitty Karry All doll that was featured in an episode of the Brady Bunch where Cindy loses her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I still have no clue, and I love it.  This episode was just so strange!

I mentioned over on the speculation thread that I think Wanda fell asleep in front of the TV and she's just dreaming.  All of these easter eggs and whatever else are thrown in just to throw off all the viewers, and the premise is nothing more than that. 😉  (Like I also said over there, I'm half-kidding, I think there is more to it, but that would be funny!)  

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

mentioned over on the speculation thread that I think Wanda fell asleep in front of the TV and she's just dreaming.  All of these easter eggs and whatever else are thrown in just to throw off all the viewers, and the premise is nothing more than that. 😉  (Like I also said over there, I'm half-kidding, I think there is more to it, but that would be funny!)  

It would be some epic level trolling if in the last scene in the last episode the characters heard a knocking sound then it cut to the new Avengers Compound and saw Jeremy Renner knock on Wanda's door and say "wake up Wanda it's time for training".

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

It would be some epic level trolling if in the last scene in the last episode the characters heard a knocking sound then it cut to the new Avengers Compound and saw Jeremy Renner knock on Wanda's door and say "wake up Wanda it's time for training".

Yes!  Something like this!  That's what I want to see. 😉  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

But doesn't this raise the question of how Geraldine knew about Pietro being killed by Ultron? Let's say for a second that she's just some random civilian who was trapped in Westview with everyone else and not an agent of whatever organization, that she didn't crash land in town and Wanda turned her helicopter into a toy. Because Wanda is the one who said that she was a twin, which is the only time she's mentioned her brother since Age of Ultron. If it's part of the fantasy that Wanda never had a brother at all, but her saying his name is what made him 'real', then fine. That'd be weird, but fine. I suppose it'd be possible that the news would cover the deaths caused by Ultron, including Pietro's, so maybe that would be how normal every day people could find out about it, but if Wanda had never mentioned him there'd have been no way to make the connection. For all we know, in this 'reality' Wanda is an only child and her parents are deceased, but in the real world only one of those things is true. It's too much of a stretch.

Figure Geraldine knew about Pietro's death because she's part of that SWORD agency and got briefed on it.  If Geraldine was just a random civilian, she wouldn't know about Pietro.  If you idea is "What if Geraldine was just a random person who somehow knew about Pietro being killed by Ultron despite the fact that she shouldn't know that,"  then I don't know.  I would tend to think that would mean that Wanda's personal knowledge and memories are somehow "leaking" into the Westview population.  However, I do not believe that this is what's happening, because I think the all the clues we've seen point to "Geraldine" being a SWORD agent.

Meanwhile, I think Wanda's fantasy is focused on a "happily ever after" with Vision.  From whar I've seen, Wanda's fantasy is "What if former Avengers Wanda and Vision "retired" from the superhero life to live "quietly" in a nice small town?"  So, what happened to them as Avengers still happened to them.  Pietro was still killed by Ultron.  Pretty much everything that Wanda experienced up Vision's death still happened.  Wanda doesn't generally dwell on it because it's not really appropriate for a goofy family sitcom, but it's still there and it still sometimes comes up.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, johntfs said:

If you idea is "What if Geraldine was just a random person who somehow knew about Pietro being killed by Ultron despite the fact that she shouldn't know that

I am confused, why wouldn't a random civilian know who Pietro was? Wanda is an Avenger probably one of the most famous people in the world. Especially after  Civil War and people calling for her arrest after the mission in Lagos there would have been all kind of "Who is Wanda Maximoff" news stories.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

At the end we find out Vision was in the shower this whole time.

Well Vision is dead so maybe she wakes up and hears someone with a British Accent singing Daydream Believer in the shower. But when she opens the door and says "Vision" she finds Ant-man who was practicing for a local karaoke competition. He is in a group doing The Monkees with Rhodes and Banner and tells her that he got the Davy Jones part and ask her how his accent sounds.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I am confused, why wouldn't a random civilian know who Pietro was? Wanda is an Avenger probably one of the most famous people in the world. Especially after  Civil War and people calling for her arrest after the mission in Lagos there would have been all kind of "Who is Wanda Maximoff" news stories.

Yeah, but a whole lot of stuff has happened since then.  That was maybe seven years ago for people.  Can you recall what the big news story in America was from seven years ago right off the top of your head?  Because I certainly can't.  Is it possible that "Geraldine" just happened to recall not only Wanda Maximoff but also her dead twin brother, Pietro and the fact that Pietro had been killed by Ultron?  Yes, it's technically possible.  But the far, far more likely explanation is that Geraldine is a SWORD agent who got an in-depth briefing on Wands (including her brother and his death) prior to being sent into Westview on a helicopter that got turned into a toy.

3 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

she finds Ant-man who was practicing for a local karaoke competition.

Super Meta would be Tom Holland pretending to be an American faking a British accent....

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Yeah, but a whole lot of stuff has happened since then.  That was maybe seven years ago for people.  Can you recall what the big news story in America was from seven years ago right off the top of your head?

You can’t compare any news story from 7 years ago to the events of Age of Ultron. I’d like to think I would remember something like that for way more than 7 years. Yes, it is most likely that Geraldine is a SWORD agent because of the plot. But, it’s also not believable that ordinary people living in the MCU wouldn’t be familiar with Wanda and her history. Wanda’s not just a news story from the past in that world. 

9 minutes ago, Dani said:

You can’t compare any news story from 7 years ago to the events of Age of Ultron. I’d like to think I would remember something like that for way more than 7 years. Yes, it is most likely that Geraldine is a SWORD agent because of the plot. But, it’s also not believable that ordinary people living in the MCU wouldn’t be familiar with Wanda and her history. Wanda’s not just a news story from the past in that world. 

Plus it is not even remembering what happened in Age of Ultron. It's remembering what happened in Civil War when Wanda killed all those Wakandans and was a huge news story. And then she was a fugitive. And for 50% of the population that happened a little over 2 years ago. I agree most likely Gearaldine is some kind of agent who planned to know Wanda but at the same time I think the Avengers would be more famous world wide than anyone can really imagine. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Dani said:

Really?  You think you'd remember stuff from Age of Ultron that happened in some failed European state after Thanos came down and Snapped half the world to death?  And then five years later half the world got UnSnapped?  Because the impression I got from the front of Endgame was that nobody gave even the slightest of craps about what had happened before the Snap.

You: Hey, remember when that red-headed Avengers girl let a bomb go off that killed some people in Africa?

Me: Not really, but I've been a little distracted by sweeping up the black ashes that used to be half the people in my city.

Edited by johntfs
50 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Really?  You think you'd remember stuff from Age of Ultron that happened in some failed European state after Thanos came down and Snapped half the world to death?  And then five years later half the world got UnSnapped?  Because the impression I got from the front of Endgame was that nobody gave even the slightest of craps about what had happened before the Snap.

You: Hey, remember when that red-headed Avengers girl let a bomb go off that killed some people in Africa?

Me: Not really, but I've been a little distracted by sweeping up the black ashes that used to be half the people in my city.

Yes, I really think I would remember a robot army fighting the avengers, making a country fly and threatening to cause a mass extinction event. Yes, I also think I would remember the woman who set off a chain of events that resulted in Captain America being a fugitive. 

The snap being the most pressing thing doesn’t wipe out people’s memory of every bad thing that came before. 

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Dani said:

The snap being the most pressing thing doesn’t wipe out people’s memory of every bad thing that came before. 

Especially since half the population doesn't really remember the blip. Like Peter says in Endgame, he thinks that he passed out and when he woke up Tony was gone. And yea I feel like Captain America and a bunch of his friends (including Wanda) being the most wanted criminals in the world for 2 years would be a huge deal. Imagine all the poorly made unauthorized movies that must have been made about the Avengers.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Especially since half the population doesn't really remember the blip. Like Peter says in Endgame, he thinks that he passed out and when he woke up Tony was gone. And yea I feel like Captain America and a bunch of his friends (including Wanda) being the most wanted criminals in the world for 2 years would be a huge deal. Imagine all the poorly made unauthorized movies that must have been made about the Avengers.

It's true they don't remember the blip, but it's not like they don't know it happened.  But I do think that's bound to create huge cultural schizophrenia about many things.

I think the time between parts of the blip would have had very little popular entertainment. It would have been a lot of people mostly in survival mode.  

As a result I do think that would leave events like what happened with Ultron both simultaneously ground under the strain of current life replacing it in people's minds who stayed but also being closer to the top with people who went away and came back.  

But also humans are humans. There are people who barely remember anything beyond the very top levels about 9/11/2001.  People who were alive and adults then I mean.  They'll have specific memories of the Towers falling, and people saying it was terrorists, and maybe a mental picture of Rudy Guliani on TV, but may have blanked out a whole lot else. The stuff with Ultron could well be like that. People remember the top level of it, but especially in the continuously traumatic Earth of the MCU could well have the details just ground under a flood of other stuff.  I could well see Scarlett Witch and Vision being barely remembered figures, easily mistaken or confused.  The part about them being the most wanted criminals in the world doesn't resonate to me. They're wanted by the authorities.  How that resonates with the general public isn't clear.  Do many of us know the face or names of the most wanted person in the world now?  Admittedly it won't be someone previously seen as a hero, but it's always been unclear to me how famous the less visually impressive Avengers are.  You know the ones self-promoting and otherwise super-famous, so there's Iron Man.  You know the one who was famous for half a century before the present, so... Cap.  You know the one who huge and green and destroying roads and buildings in the middle of New York, because he's hard to miss.  You know the one who's certainly been caught on camera with actual lightning as a weapon.  But do you really know the lady who wears skintight outfits and seems to just do martial arts?  Or the guy shooting arrows?  Or the roboty looking thing who might be mixed up with lots of other roboty looking things on the other side of fights?  Or the lady who tosses stuff around with her mind?  Sure, in a general way.  But you might have to think twice if you saw them out of their superhero outfits to make the connection (this is discounting the roboty looking thing, admittedly, where you'd certainly know he was a robot but maybe not which one). 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Dani said:

Yes, I really think I would remember a robot army fighting the avengers, making a country fly and threatening to cause a mass extinction event. Yes, I also think I would remember the woman who set off a chain of events that resulted in Captain America being a fugitive. 

I'll grant you the robot army.  I'd probably recall the robot army.  But the question is would I, as random civilian specifically recall (or even know about) the death of Pietro Maximoff at the hands of Ultron?  Probably not.

Seven years later (and five years after she "died" in Thanos's Snap) would I recall the woman who set off the chain of events that resulted in Captain American being a fugitive?  Probably not.

Here's a question?  Who killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand?  Try to name that person without looking him (and it's a him) up online.  I know I can't do it.

I n terms of "setting things in motion" this is a big one.  That event, Ferdinand's assassination, started World War I, the most terrible conflagration the world had yet seen.  It was called "The War to End All Wars."  Except that it didn't, because a little over two decades later (two decades which included the Great Depression), World War II kicked off - largely because of the situation left at the end of World War I.

And I couldn't tell you that assassin's name to save my life.  Because it's not relevant to my life.  Figure as a an average civilian American living in the MCU, the stuff involving the Avengers and other super-people wouldn't be all that relevant to my life either.  In terms of the Civil War conflict I'd have an opinion (probably one supporting Iron Man), but seven years out, am I going to recall the name Wanda Maximoff?  Much less that she had a brother named Pietro that was killed by Ultron?  Certainly not.  At best I might recall "Some new girl with the Avengers let something blow up somewhere and that's what started the Civil War thing."  Anything beyond that I'd have to look up.

And that's the burden here because "Geraldine" was able to instantly make the connection between Pietro and him being killed by Ultron on the spot without looking it up.

At this point we need to agree to disagree with the idea that we'll likely find out who's right about this come Friday.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I'll grant you the robot army.  I'd probably recall the robot army.  But the question is would I, as random civilian specifically recall (or even know about) the death of Pietro Maximoff at the hands of Ultron?  Probably not.

Seven years later (and five years after she "died" in Thanos's Snap) would I recall the woman who set off the chain of events that resulted in Captain American being a fugitive?  Probably not.

Are you really arguing with me over what I would remember? Memory isn’t universal. Some would have no clue who they are and some would. Wanda was an Avenger and there would be people who know the all details of her life. 

40 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Here's a question?  Who killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand?  Try to name that person without looking him (and it's a him) up online.  I know I can't do it.

I n terms of "setting things in motion" this is a big one.  That event, Ferdinand's assassination, started World War I, the most terrible conflagration the world had yet seen.  It was called "The War to End All Wars."  Except that it didn't, because a little over two decades later (two decades which included the Great Depression), World War II kicked off - largely because of the situation left at the end of World War I.

That’s comparing apples to oranges. No, I do not know who assassinated someone nearly 70 years before I was born. Remembering something that I watched happen live is very different than remembering the details of something I was only taught about in history class. I’m not a history person and am amazed I even remembered who Archduke Franz Ferdinand. I did remember who killed Alexander Hamilton (before the musical) because of that milk commercial. Memory is a strange thing. 

47 minutes ago, johntfs said:

And that's the burden here because "Geraldine" was able to instantly make the connection between Pietro and him being killed by Ultron on the spot without looking it up.

At this point we need to agree to disagree with the idea that we'll likely find out who's right about this come Friday.

What burden? I just said that I believe many average people in the MCU would remember many details about Wanda’s life. I agreed that Geraldine is SWORD. If she didn’t know those details before she became involved she would have learned them then. Unless I missed it, no one is saying Geraldine is a random person who knew about Pietro.

5 hours ago, Dani said:

What burden? I just said that I believe many average people in the MCU would remember many details about Wanda’s life. I agreed that Geraldine is SWORD. If she didn’t know those details before she became involved she would have learned them then. Unless I missed it, no one is saying Geraldine is a random person who knew about Pietro.

It's a bit up-thread, but this whole segment was started by Cobalt Stargazer with

But doesn't this raise the question of how Geraldine knew about Pietro being killed by Ultron? Let's say for a second that she's just some random civilian who was trapped in Westview with everyone else and not an agent of whatever organization, that she didn't crash land in town and Wanda turned her helicopter into a toy.

My take was that it seems extremely unlikely that a random person - especially a random American (we tend to be a bit insular with events outside our country)  person - would have that specific knowledge.  Really, I'm not even sure much of the events of Age of Ultron actually got out to the public at all.  Hulk trashing Johannesburg clearly made the news.  Figure Captain America fighting a robot in Seoul made headlines.  However, most of Ultron's actions seemed to be directed at various high-security (and therefore secret) installations.  There were certainly plenty of news stories about the destruction in Sokovia, but I doubt news crews got footage of the fight in the city.  I also doubt that the Avengers and SHIELD were eager to share that Avenger Tony Stark almost jump-started a Terminator-style robot apocalypse either.

Figure the first time most people heard of Wanda Maximoff was when she was announced as the newest Avenger.  The biggest problem is that in the movies, we pretty much only see things from the perspective of the main characters.  It's not like the movies cut to Bucksnort, TN (actual town name) to get local peoples' perspectives on events.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

,,,I am pretty sure that there is extensive reporting about the Avengers, especially the more prolific one. That Wanda's brother died in Sokovia should be as much common knowledge as it is common knowledge in our world that Pierce Brosnan lost his first wife to cancer. Even more so, since Pietro died battling Ultron.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, swanpride said:

,,,I am pretty sure that there is extensive reporting about the Avengers, especially the more prolific one. That Wanda's brother died in Sokovia should be as much common knowledge as it is common knowledge in our world that Pierce Brosnan lost his first wife to cancer. Even more so, since Pietro died battling Ultron.

I can attest that I had no idea Pierce Brosnan lost his first wife to cancer.  Is that really common knowledge?  Public knowledge, sure, but is that actually the same thing? I think not. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, swanpride said:

am pretty sure that there is extensive reporting about the Avengers, especially the more prolific one

I agree with that. I just watched Civil War and there is a scene where Wanda is in the compound and all she can find on TV is news shows criticising the Avengers and her specifically. I kind of feel that jerky news pundits like Sean Hannity would be calling out Wanda for being a foreigner/vigilante pretty much non stop.

Plus one of the very first scenes in Iron Man back in 2008 was some fake news expose about how big a deal Tony Stark was and that was before he was Iron Man. Hell even in Far From Home a high school News program is talking about the Avengers.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 1

What people generally know about 9/11 (Muslim terrorists hijacked planes to destroy the WTC and attack the Pentagon) is so much smaller of a scale to Age of Ultron, where a robot army lifted a large part of a country and nearly caused an extinction-level event. 

Not only is the scale of the event different, the nature of the event is different. Your average person might remember that people on one of the planes fought back and caused it to crash-land in Pennsylvania rather than whatever its target was. But I'm guessing the average person does not know the names of any of the individual hijackers or people aboard. It seems way more likely that there would be publicity about the individual Avengers because a) they are superhuman b) they had a bigger role in stopping Ultron  Now I'd guess the average person would have no idea of the names of the SHIELD agents or Sokovians or whoever who lost their lives fighting Ultron. 

But would I expect there to have been plenty of news coverage of an attractive, insanely powerful woman who helped save the world and her brother who died saving the world? Oh, yeah. 

• Love 1

Sure, but everyone knows who the major of New York was back then, and who the guy who ordered the attack, was. Plus, it doesn't need to be believable that EVERYONE knows it, it only has to be believable that it is enough public knowledge that people interested in the topic would know it. And Sword certainly would know it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

What people generally know about 9/11 (Muslim terrorists hijacked planes to destroy the WTC and attack the Pentagon) is so much smaller of a scale to Age of Ultron, where a robot army lifted a large part of a country and nearly caused an extinction-level event. 

Not only is the scale of the event different, the nature of the event is different. Your average person might remember that people on one of the planes fought back and caused it to crash-land in Pennsylvania rather than whatever its target was. But I'm guessing the average person does not know the names of any of the individual hijackers or people aboard. It seems way more likely that there would be publicity about the individual Avengers because a) they are superhuman b) they had a bigger role in stopping Ultron  Now I'd guess the average person would have no idea of the names of the SHIELD agents or Sokovians or whoever who lost their lives fighting Ultron. 

But would I expect there to have been plenty of news coverage of an attractive, insanely powerful woman who helped save the world and her brother who died saving the world? Oh, yeah. 

Exactly. Generally we remember things because we have an interest in them or because of repetition. Both those things would apply to Wanda because she’s a superhero and because she sparked a debate that changed the way the world viewed superheroes.

An average person is a hard standard to define when it comes to memory. What is common knowledge in my city or state will be very different than another area of the country. 

Honestly, she most likely sparked a debate BEFORE the whole Accords mess. Wanda's biggest issue (other than the dead of her twin) is the fact that everyone is afraid of her powers. Sometimes even she herself. I can't imagine that there were never any discussions regarding her and her past.

This reminds me of the movie Pleasantville.  Where Two “current” teens (the movie came out in the late 90s) got trapped in some old black and white family sitcom where everything worked out for everyone in the end but was ultimately stale and empty.  But them merely being there added color to everyones life but also conflict.  

I loved Vision and Wanda fighting over names and being so excited and yet so freaked out about how fast the baby(s) were coming.   The comedic timing is so on point and I am not a comedy person at all yet I recognized the Brady Brunch stairs.   

I was properly concerned when Agnes stopped Herb from telling Vision whatever he was going to tell Vision.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, swanpride said:

Honestly, she most likely sparked a debate BEFORE the whole Accords mess. Wanda's biggest issue (other than the dead of her twin) is the fact that everyone is afraid of her powers. Sometimes even she herself. I can't imagine that there were never any discussions regarding her and her past.

Debates involving who?  There was probably some high-level discussion in terms of whatever passed for SHIELD at that point.  Also, do you really think the Avengers' public information "PR packet" on Wanda had something like "Along with being able to move objects with her mind, Wanda can read and control people's thoughts.  She can even reach deep into a person's soul to bring out their darkest fears and most shameful secrets, using them to shatter enemies' psyches like spun glass!" in it?

People were freaked out by Wanda because she blew up a building full of innocent people (even though she didn't as she only failed to contain the explosion long enough to get it safely away from everyone - including the folks in the building).  Those deaths occurred on top of the destruction of a Sokovian city an alien invasion and several other incidents that left an "innocent people" body count.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, Penman61 said:

"Daydream Believer" by the Monkees has a The Brady Bunch connection: Davy Jones guest-starred as himself on an episode where Marcia has a teen crush on him ("I'll never wash this cheek again" Marcia memorably says after Davy kisses her.) I can't recall if the song itself was in the TBB episode, but I don't think it was. ETA: The song title itself has obvious reference to whatever unreal states the story is taking place in, e.g., the players are believing in a daydream/illusion.

Not quite. Desi Arnaz, Jr. was the one a 12 year old Marcia had a crush on and who kissed her cheek, that had her saying she’d never was her face again. Davy Jones appeared 3 seasons later- she promised he would perform at her prom and shenanigans to get Davey there. Davey overheard her whining and showed up at her home and asked if she would be his date.

This series isn’t what I thought it would be, but I figured out Wanda was controlling it by the end of the first episode. And the end here, convinced me.

I’m just here for the ride to see how it ends.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not quite. Desi Arnaz, Jr. was the one a 12 year old Marcia had a crush on and who kissed her cheek, that had her saying she’d never was her face again. Davy Jones appeared 3 seasons later- she promised he would perform at her prom and shenanigans to get Davey there. Davey overheard her whining and showed up at her home and asked if she would be his date.

No wonder Jan had so many issues...

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This series isn’t what I thought it would be, but I figured out Wanda was controlling it by the end of the first episode. And the end here, convinced me.

I’m just here for the ride to see how it ends.

OMG you're right about Desi. I'll edit my original post. Memory is constructed, not recorded! 

On 1/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, johntfs said:

Debates involving who?  There was probably some high-level discussion in terms of whatever passed for SHIELD at that point.  Also, do you really think the Avengers' public information "PR packet" on Wanda had something like "Along with being able to move objects with her mind, Wanda can read and control people's thoughts.  She can even reach deep into a person's soul to bring out their darkest fears and most shameful secrets, using them to shatter enemies' psyches like spun glass!" in it?

People were freaked out by Wanda because she blew up a building full of innocent people (even though she didn't as she only failed to contain the explosion long enough to get it safely away from everyone - including the folks in the building).  Those deaths occurred on top of the destruction of a Sokovian city an alien invasion and several other incidents that left an "innocent people" body count.

It seems reasonable that in the MCU, there's debate on TV, newspapers, message boards and other social media about people like the Avengers. We saw a glimpse of this in the Civil War. Regardless of what is publicly known about the full extent of Wanda's abilities, it probably would freak some people out that there was a person who can levitate things and manipulate them without touching them. And when that person is kinda weird, that much the worse.

Just finished the first three episodes since yesterday. It's pretty amusing seeing the negative reactions of certain viewers. I mean, I'm usually someone who's not all that interested in '50s and '60s sitcoms (or just American sitcoms in general), but I was pretty amused by this miniseries' play on those classic sitcom tropes. Yeah, it might've dragged on a little too long, but I think I could appreciate the patient pacing. That's the beauty of a TV series as opposed to a feature length film: it doesn't rush. It takes its moments appreciating characters, gradually developing their desires and pains. In spite of the seemingly comedic elements, it's pretty obvious that this is more of a tragedy than a comedy, in spite of the laugh track even. This is Wanda's delusion, a "What If?" scenario she created inside her head.

But the tragedy is... it could never be. It's all an illusion. Her babies are not real. Vision is never coming back, and this is just her idealized version of him. There are moments when you could tell that Vision doesn't seem to be acting like himself. This is just her imaginary programmed version of him.
(episode 5 spoilers)

Spoiler

Her brother, Pietro coming back (it seems that Evan Peters of the X-Men verse is making an appearance as Quicksilver, thus officially crossing over that universe?) is PROBABLY not real.

It's all one big farce. And as someone who loves stories about changing or escaping reality, and as someone who really loved House of M's Wanda, hoping that the MCU could bring that into play, this is everything I could've hoped for. This was the dream series I wanted when I first saw the teaser and immediately thought, "House of M!" Brilliant play on Marvel's part to cater to the comic book fans.

Looking forward to more of this.

On a side note, I hope Monica Rambeau could also take over as the new Captain Marvel as well. I'm digging her introduction here.

Edited by MagnusHex
  • Love 1

Several people mention “Monica.” Ok, I obviously missed something. When do we first hear someone say “Monica?”

On 1/22/2021 at 3:37 PM, TheOtherOne said:

Well, that's significantly less fun. Oh well.

I was bummed when I looked it up. I wanted him to be Ross!

Monica

Spoiler

is seen in episode 4 in the outside world and we have been following her since. She appeared briefly in episode two and more in three as "Geraldine."

Edited by saoirse
spoiler tag added