Type keyword(s) to search

Brandi Redmond: 36 going on 13

• Start Topic

I love that Brandi is silly, shameless and immature. Her inner 13 year old is on full display with the poop hat and the prank call to prune face.

I laughed as Randy Brandi chased Kam with Mr. Chocolate. Does anything cause the Pearl clutchers to choke themselves quicker than a great big dildo?

The stage show with the stripper was a total go girl moment. I mean, ginger spice was ALL up on that man like a pro.

I appreciate that Brandi adds humor to a show that can often be overrun with drama

• Love 5
1 hour ago, J80134 said:

I love that Brandi is silly, shameless and immature. Her inner 13 year old is on full display with the poop hat and the prank call to prune face.

I laughed as Randy Brandi chased Kam with Mr. Chocolate. Does anything cause the Pearl clutchers to choke themselves quicker than a great big dildo?

The stage show with the stripper was a total go girl moment. I mean, ginger spice was ALL up on that man like a pro.

I appreciate that Brandi adds humor to a show that can often be overrun with drama

Exactly. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a bit prissy like Kam and don't have Brandi's humor. But I still appreciate that she brings silliness to the show. We definitely don't need nonstop drama. 

• Love 6

Brandi was pregnant during a lot of the filming for this season - hopefully, those tequila shots she knocked into her shield never reached her mouth. Pretty clever way to pretend to be drinking!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Baltimore Betty said this on last night’s episode thread:

“Brandi must be on some sort of mood stabilizers, she is hardly there in most scenes.  Her not so funny attempt of being the old Brandi was not funny at all, running around with a blow up doll is just not funny.  It all seemed so forced, Brandi wasn't feeling it and it showed.”

Since her pregnancy wasn’t part of Brandi’s storyline, we can discuss this here. During the season, cast members (especially Stephanie) asked how Brandi was doing, and I’m thinking she was feeling off due to her pregnancy. The Lake Travis scenes were filmed in early August, when she must’ve been about three months along.

http://www.irealhousewives.com/2020/08/rhod-filming-cast-trip-in-lake-travis.html

And you can see that she’s pregnant:

33500e5c12732b7676a8400a80de6712

rhod-507-still-to-come-this-season.jpg

Brandi either drank through the early months of her pregnancy, or (more likely) faked it. Maybe her mood was off because of the hormones, plus filming without her usual alcohol-induced antics.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

Baltimore Betty said this on last night’s episode thread:

“Brandi must be on some sort of mood stabilizers, she is hardly there in most scenes.  Her not so funny attempt of being the old Brandi was not funny at all, running around with a blow up doll is just not funny.  It all seemed so forced, Brandi wasn't feeling it and it showed.”

Since her pregnancy wasn’t part of Brandi’s storyline, we can discuss this here. During the season, cast members (especially Stephanie) asked how Brandi was doing, and I’m thinking she was feeling off due to her pregnancy. The Lake Travis scenes were filmed in early August, when she must’ve been about three months along.

http://www.irealhousewives.com/2020/08/rhod-filming-cast-trip-in-lake-travis.html

And you can see that she’s pregnant:

33500e5c12732b7676a8400a80de6712

rhod-507-still-to-come-this-season.jpg

Brandi either drank through the early months of her pregnancy, or (more likely) faked it. Maybe her mood was off because of the hormones, plus filming without her usual alcohol-induced antics.

So she stayed awake with Kary until 4 AM running around, breaking things, jumping in the pool, jumping in the lake all while pretending to drink? I've never been pregnant but all of my mom friends were all exhausted/nauseous during their first few months. Why wouldn't she just say she's pregnant? Several other housewives have been pregnant on different shows over the years.

I guess it's possible she's ordering virgin drinks and pretending and the other women are going along with it but that just seems silly. We as the audience can do the math and realize Brandi was pregnant during these scenes. Unless she comes out and refutes it, to me it looks like she drank heavily during the first months of pregnancy. And unless her pregnancy is part of the season later on, she'll probably continue to do so. Kary and Brandi are the biggest drinkers on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

So she stayed awake with Kary until 4 AM running around, breaking things, jumping in the pool, jumping in the lake all while pretending to drink? I've never been pregnant but all of my mom friends were all exhausted/nauseous during their first few months. Why wouldn't she just say she's pregnant? Several other housewives have been pregnant on different shows over the years.

I guess it's possible she's ordering virgin drinks and pretending and the other women are going along with it but that just seems silly. We as the audience can do the math and realize Brandi was pregnant during these scenes. Unless she comes out and refutes it, to me it looks like she drank heavily during the first months of pregnancy. And unless her pregnancy is part of the season later on, she'll probably continue to do so. Kary and Brandi are the biggest drinkers on this show.

I thought I read somewhere that she "didn't know she was pregnant." Which I've never been pregnant, but I would think by 3 or so months, you'd have some inclination, right? lol. It makes the scene in the season preview showing her throw herself down the stairs at one of their events seem even more odd. I'm not sure what's going on with that. I thought Kary was pouring drinks into people's mouths out of a tequila bottle on multiple occasions and Brandi was a part of this. Stephanie has also said it was a "surprise pregnancy" but I guess that doesn't indicate when Brandi found out about it. She announced it in October because I remember her posting a picture with pumpkins on Instagram. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I thought I read somewhere that she "didn't know she was pregnant." Which I've never been pregnant, but I would think by 3 or so months, you'd have some inclination, right? lol. It makes the scene in the season preview showing her throw herself down the stairs at one of their events seem even more odd. I'm not sure what's going on with that. I thought Kary was pouring drinks into people's mouths out of a tequila bottle on multiple occasions and Brandi was a part of this. Stephanie has also said it was a "surprise pregnancy" but I guess that doesn't indicate when Brandi found out about it. She announced it in October because I remember her posting a picture with pumpkins on Instagram. 

Also never been pregnant but I guess it's possible she didn't know. Most women would know after their first skipped period something was going on. Maybe Brandi has had issues with her period and didn't think anything of it when she didn't get it? Didn't she also have a miscarriage in the past? And if she has, wouldn't she be more careful this early on. I can see it being a surprise if they didn't plan for it. Idk, the whole thing just seems iffy to me. Either she is faking all the drinking or she knows she's pregnant and is still drinking. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Brandi seems really off this season. I think the racial stuff she did REALLY did a number on her in just about all ways possible.  I think Stephanie nailed it. Brandi hasn't gotten over the whole thing. 

Add in family issues, being pregnant, etc. this has not been a good season for her.

I actually like Brandi. She made a stupid, and hurtful mistake but I feel she's done her time and learned from it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/4/2021 at 10:06 PM, Jextella said:

Brandi seems really off this season. I think the racial stuff she did REALLY did a number on her in just about all ways possible.  I think Stephanie nailed it. Brandi hasn't gotten over the whole thing. 

Add in family issues, being pregnant, etc. this has not been a good season for her.

I actually like Brandi. She made a stupid, and hurtful mistake but I feel she's done her time and learned from it.

The last episode was not a good look, but I wonder if Brandi just doesn't realize how everything comes across. She did show a ton of remorse when they discussed the video imo. I think Tiffany saw it too and didn't want to kick her when she was down. Imo the best way to learn about race and for there to be less division is for us all to have friends who don't look like us. Brandi just doesn't seem comfortable. I don't know if it's due to being traumatized by the social media reaction to that video or what. I posted in another thread that maybe Tiffany doesn't find Brandi's humor very funny, so Brandi takes that as offending Tiffany when she's not. Hopefully we'll find out in the next episode.

Her family has indeed had a really rough year. Brandi being unaware of her pregnancy and drinking concerns me. I really hope she has a healthy pregnancy and enjoys her life with her family. Being on a reality show is not for everyone. I know it wouldn't be for me. I have enough sense to not say or do some of the things Brandi has, but some people truly do not know better, and I think we can all step in it.  

• Love 4

While Brandi is not one of my favorite HWs, I get a strong feeling that she's really struggling emotionally and I feel sad for her.  This season especially.  From the first season we saw how her children take advantage of her weakness, and I could tell in those early seasons when Brian was a less than supportive husband that Brandi was kind of white knuckling it just to keep going.  I truly believe her outrageous behavior is put on to take attention away from her terrible insecurity and self loathing.  Having 4 kids now is not going to make her mental issues any easier to deal with. 

If she is truly going to stop after this season, I say great.  She needs time off to re-focus and be present for her kids.  I felt a little hopeful for her when it came out that she spent time at a facility getting professional help.  Unfortunately -- and it really pains me to say this -- I don't think it'll go well for her if she stays on the show.  Something about her behavior this season brings to mind a very fragile person standing at the edge of a cliff debating whether or not to jump.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

While Brandi is not one of my favorite HWs, I get a strong feeling that she's really struggling emotionally.  This season especially.  From the first season I saw how her children take advantage of her weakness.  I could tell in those early seasons when Brian was a less than supportive husband that Brandi was kind of white knuckling it just to keep going.  I truly believe her outrageous behavior is put on to take attention away from her terrible insecurity and self loathing.  Having 4 kids now is not going to make her mental issues any easier to deal with.  If she is truly going to stop after this season, I say great.  She needs time off to re-focus and be present for her kids.  Unfortunately -- and it really pains me to say this -- but I don't think it'll go well for her if she stays on the show.  Something about her behavior this season brings to mind a very fragile person standing at the edge of a cliff debating whether or not to jump.

Agree. Brandi says and does things I don't care for either sometimes. She was wrong for the video, and whether she meant to or not, the way she talked to Tiffany came across offensive. I have lots of Asian friends and am more sensitive to racism recently due to the increased hate crimes. One of my closest friends is an immigrant from China and she's been especially sensitive this year with everything. Please know I stand by all my Asian brothers and sisters. ♥️

There are a couple of reasons I don't want to beat up on Brandi too much though. I give her benefit of the doubt she's not deliberately malicious. There's a difference between hatred and ignorance, and I think Brandi is ignorant. I am more forgiving of ignorance because I think most of us are ignorant to a degree. I am not so easy on hateful people. I also think Brandi is struggling. I know she deserved backlash for the video, but people on SM can take it way too far and become hateful in their own way. I think the backlash happened around the same time as concerning stuff in her marriage may have happened. She lost her MIL not too long ago and her daughter got hurt. Being pregnant and hormonal while filming and having another baby (possibly drinking at the time if she didn't know), I really hope she had a healthy pregnancy. Whether you like Brandi or not, all of this is a lot to happen in a pretty short time span. She now has four young kids, and that alone is tremendous responsibility. I really hope she's getting help and makes the best decisions for her health and happiness. 

• Love 3

I think she absolutely knew she was pregnant and continued to drink.  The medicine she has with her on the boat, it was the same medicine I was prescribed when pregnant and sick.  Why would she have ondansetron (most commonly prescribed to pregnant women for morning sickness)?  Could it have been for another nausea related reason?  Sure.  But not likely.  I think it’s the only nausea medication safe to prescribe to pregnant women.  

She knew she was pregnant.  And she was still partying.  So that’s cool.

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I give her benefit of the doubt she's not deliberately malicious.

She’s extremely malicious.  She delights in her mean girl bullshit.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

She’s extremely malicious.

Brandi is a very angry, childish person. The anger comes from her lousy marriage, and the childishness is plain old redneck meanness. She's trying to gaslight everyone -Tiffany and the viewing public - with the "poor me" and "I love Jesus" bullshit. Everything she does is meant to poke the bear, while hiding behind her soft voice and fake sincerity.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11

And I think Brandi had that come to jesus moment with Tiffany at the Shaman event because I think even her bestie Stephanie told her she was wrong..not because she came of this on her own.

And let's not forget she was the one leading the charge against Leeanne for her comments in season 4...moreso than Stephanie,  Dandra, or Kam.  

• Love 6

Hmm, do Brandi and Bryan have an open marriage?

https://www.realitytea.com/2021/03/19/brandi-redmond-country/

From the article:

Head over to the Instagram account Bravo and Cocktails to get more updates on this mess. But, anyway, that account shared a text from someone who claimed that country music star Taylor Phillips“hooked up with her in Dallas when they did a show in Texas.”

This person added, “Stephanie [Hollman] was with Brandi but Brandi left with my friend. Look up Taylor Phillips. Blue check and all.” Taylor is married to a woman named Jordan, by the way.

Brandi ain’t no 36! She’s 42. 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:32 AM, Legalbeagle421 said:

Yeah she apparently said on her podcast that she had no clue she was pregnant the first trimester because her doctor basically told her she was headed into menopause and that her chances of conceiving naturally at this point were slim to none. I can’t stand the woman but I do believe it was a surprise. 

As for having an inclination at 3 months, yes, I think most people would but there are rare exceptions. Remember that show “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant?” I used to assume those women on the show had to be either super dumb and clueless ... or just lying. UNTIL it happened to a friend of mine 2 years ago. She wasn’t feeling well one day (had a stomachache) and—long story short—ending up giving birth to her son at home that day. She had literally zero clue she was pregnant. 

2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

As for having an inclination at 3 months, yes, I think most people would but there are rare exceptions. Remember that show “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant?” I used to assume those women on the show had to be either super dumb and clueless ... or just lying. UNTIL it happened to a friend of mine 2 years ago. She wasn’t feeling well one day (had a stomachache) and—long story short—ending up giving birth to her son at home that day. She had literally zero clue she was pregnant. 

Anyone would wonder about what those around her thought. Did you see her during this time?  Did her body look different?  

On 3/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

Agree. Brandi says and does things I don't care for either sometimes. She was wrong for the video, and whether she meant to or not, the way she talked to Tiffany came across offensive. I have lots of Asian friends and am more sensitive to racism recently due to the increased hate crimes. One of my closest friends is an immigrant from China and she's been especially sensitive this year with everything. Please know I stand by all my Asian brothers and sisters. ♥️

What is the video everyone is talking about?  

On 3/21/2021 at 3:47 AM, heatherchandler said:

I think she absolutely knew she was pregnant and continued to drink.  The medicine she has with her on the boat, it was the same medicine I was prescribed when pregnant and sick.  Why would she have ondansetron (most commonly prescribed to pregnant women for morning sickness)?  Could it have been for another nausea related reason?  Sure.  But not likely.  I think it’s the only nausea medication safe to prescribe to pregnant women.  

She knew she was pregnant.  And she was still partying.  So that’s cool.

She’s extremely malicious.  She delights in her mean girl bullshit.

There’s a new pic of the baby on Brandi’s instagram - hope she’s okay.

• Love 1

I could totally see Brian being a cheater. Him and Travis both look like guys who probably fuck around on work trips with women. I doubt it’s news to Brandi or Stephanie either. It’s prob why they’re such good friends.

Of course I would never wish that on anyone but it just wouldn’t be a surprise.

Edited by Marley
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 3/22/2021 at 1:50 AM, GussieK said:

Anyone would wonder about what those around her thought. Did you see her during this time?  Did her body look different?  

What is the video everyone is talking about?  

I found the video on YouTube.

Looks like that was definitely Bryan in the bar video.

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/31/kameron-westcott-bryan-redmonds-alleged-cheating-was-a-shock/

From the article:

Westcott said her castmate is “extremely upset” about the footage, as it went viral just as she welcomed her third daughter.

“She just had a baby, but yeah, there’s a lot of explaining to do, and I feel for her. I really do,” Westcott continued. “I never imagined he would do that to her ever in a million years, so it was a big shock I think for everyone.”

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I don't believe her adopted son is her hubby's from another woman.

However, her reason for adopting him was because her husband wanted a son.  Yet, he's gone most of the time so she's stuck holding the bag.

I don't like her, but I do feel bad for her.

• Love 2

Stephanie just said on wwhl that Brandi found out she was 16 weeks pregnant just after filming wrapped. How does a woman who has given birth to two kids not realize she’s pregnant after such a long time?!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 6

I actually like Brandi. I feel sad for her mostly.  

From day 1 of season 1 I thought Brandi was a little bit of a lost and lonely soul.

Her relationship with her husband has always been cold as ice - as if they really don't know how to communicate with one another, and her daughters treat her like crap which suggests that she struggles a bit in the parental role.

In a way, she doesn't have a lot to hold on to. 

She's made some mistakes, but I feel she's paid for them enough by now. 

As to not knowing she was pregnant for 4 months....I agree that would be hard not to notice - UNLESS she was so stressed out that she just didn't want to acknowledge physical changes. I've been that stressed out before. You see things happening around you but you stand aside and don't engage.  It's like you know what's going on, and you let it go on, yet you don't bring it into your real world.   I could easily see that with Brandi.

I'd like to see Brandi find happiness and confidence - without her husband.

edited to add: I read elsewhere Brandi was diagnosed with early menopause. She didn't think she could even get pregnant - or so the story goes.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Jextella said:

As to not knowing she was pregnant for 4 months....I agree that would be hard not to notice - UNLESS she was so stressed out that she just didn't want to acknowledge physical changes. I've been that stressed out before. You see things happening around you but you stand aside and don't engage.  It's like you know what's going on, and you let it go on, yet you don't bring it into your real world.   I could easily see that with Brandi.

This is a good point. I also remember on an earlier season’s reunion Brandi saying she was told she was entering early menopause by her doctor and couldn’t have more children. I guess, theoretically, if she thought it wasn’t possible for her to get pregnant, she could have ignored signs (attributing them to stress, as you said, or menopause).

I’m not trying to make excuses for Brandi (she’s certainly done a lot of other stuff that I can’t excuse), but I think she really might not have known. I just hope the baby is ok. I also hope Brandi doesn’t come back next season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, nexxie said:

Stephanie just said on wwhl that Brandi found out she was 16 weeks pregnant just after filming wrapped. How does a woman who has given birth to two kids not realize she’s pregnant after such a long time?!

That theatrical fall down the stairs worried me, also the drinking...Brandi seems like she is a risk taker but I could not believe that she knew she was pregnant and behave like that.  I went on a roller coaster when I was a few weeks pregnant with my second, didn't know it...afterward puked like a sorority girl during pledge week so I will give Brandi a pass on all that and I hate giving her a pass on anything.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That theatrical fall down the stairs worried me, also the drinking...Brandi seems like she is a risk taker but I could not believe that she knew she was pregnant and behave like that.  I went on a roller coaster when I was a few weeks pregnant with my second, didn't know it...afterward puked like a sorority girl during pledge week so I will give Brandi a pass on all that and I hate giving her a pass on anything.

I agree with you here.  Brandi, no matter what anyone may think of her, gives the appearance of being a loving Mom.  Her kids may be brats, but she does seem to have a care and concern for them.  If she had even an inkling that she may have been pregnant, I can't imagine she (or anyone with a caring heart) would risk injury to an unborn baby by intentionally falling down the stairs - "tuck and roll" proficient or not!!!!  

• Love 6
21 hours ago, nexxie said:

Brandi is sickening this season - it’s pretty clear she pickled her poor unborn child by drinking throughout filming.

And I am assuming popping Adderall.  Who can stay up all night without it?  Kary is obviously on it too.

20 hours ago, nexxie said:

BULLSHIT

I can tell she's pregnant, there is no way someone who's stomach is that big doesn't know that they are not pregnant.  AND she was passing out the ondansetron on that boat earlier in the season - that is the medication they prescribe to pregnant women for morning/all-day sickness.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I haven't watched the season much, but it appears to me that Brandi had to know she was pregnant. I assumed she was faking the drinking for the show, but it appears now she drank while knowing she was pregnant. That's what some alcoholics do, fetus be damned.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I haven't watched the season much, but it appears to me that Brandi had to know she was pregnant. I assumed she was faking the drinking for the show, but it appears now she drank while knowing she was pregnant. That's what some alcoholics do, fetus be damned.

I wonder what her husband thought of all her antics including her drinking?  How does he get it up for that woman, she is a child.  Kary is a perfect match for her, they bother everyone equally.

That fake crying Brandi was doing while giving Stephanie that gift, no tears and honestly, why tears?  

Why do they keep referring to the room where JR was shot as that at all, I thought he was shot in his office, right?  I imagine if left to her own devices Brandi's house would look like that room 24/7.

• Love 1