Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Thederick's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I am so sick of the Discovery+ ads!  No, I will not subscribe to more trashy TV!

Especially since I've been looking at a box advertising it in the corner of my screen the entire show.

So, fat causing heart issues making it too dangerous for surgery. 😞 At least he'll get that thing off his leg which will hopefully help him move more.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Especially since I've been looking at a box advertising it in the corner of my screen the entire show.

So, fat causing heart issues making it too dangerous for surgery. 😞 

It's always something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I hope there was more to this nutritionist session than what we saw here...

Plus, she left a 5 lb bag of sugar there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t drink pop but I drink too much wine. 

Oh, wine doesn't count, does it??

4 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I could really go for more Sandra Lee snark too, miss that fun mix of horror and disgust.

Oh, how I miss the old Semi-Ho thread on TWOP! Those were some good times. 

1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

When I crave pop, I drink a Perrier instead.  It's the carbonization I like, not the sugar.

I got my son a Soda Stream for Christmas, he really likes it.

I got my husband one too, but so far he's only managed to take it out of the box.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

@7EasyPayments I apologize for the lateness of your award. (Damn work expecting me to work!)

For your guess of Thederick's starting weight, you get:

• A pair a grey boxer briefs as large a circus tent
  • A special account with the local ice cream delivery and a front porch freezer in case you're not available the second it is delivered
  • A collection of hats including knitted caps, baseball caps and truckers hats and your very own hat with ear flaps
  • A special truss to hoist any lymphedema you may grow in your groin
  • And an extra large bottle of lemon juice and a case of sweetener packets with your very own "lemonade" stir spoon (because you need to mix that up, per Thederick)
  • And, of course, the admiration of your fellow Pounders!
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Congestive heart failure is nothing to mess with. Usually it happens with older people in my experience.

My mum was 50, she lived to 85! 

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, wine doesn't count, does it??

Oh, how I miss the old Semi-Ho thread on TWOP! Those were some good times. 

I got my son a Soda Stream for Christmas, he really likes it.

I got my husband one too, but so far he's only managed to take it out of the box.

I got a Soda Stream as well, with a slice of lemon or lime it’s as close to soda as I drink.  Wine though...

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

@7EasyPayments I apologize for the lateness of your award. (Damn work expecting me to work!)

• A special account with the local ice cream delivery and a front porch freezer in case your not available the second it is delivered
  • A collection of hats including knitted caps, baseball caps and truckers hats and your very own hat with ear flaps
  • And an extra large bottle of lemon juice and a case of sweetener packets with your very own "lemonade" stir spoon (because you need to mix that up, per Thederick)

You like me! You really really like me ! 😀

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think I said back on page 1 that he was a poor candidate due to congestive heart failure....Dr. Now knew his history why take him on?

Yes, I would've thought they would've tested his heart first with the pre-surgery tests.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm glad it the walk in the park scene, and they're both going to try.   I was really afraid Thederick would quit.     He'll feel better without the Lymphedema.     I keep hoping he'll keep going, get rid of the growth, and get small enough, and health enough to help the heart failure.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think I said back on page 1 that he was a poor candidate due to congestive heart failure....Dr. Now knew his history why take him on?

I think Dr Now hoped he could help him lose at least some weight w/o the surgery, which would help his heart failure, then worry about the surgery. Without weight loss, our guy was a dead ice cream cone walking. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

KEITH RICHARD'S FAMOUS SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE

Here it is, a recipe for shepherd's pie from that well-known gourmet, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. Shepherd's Pie 3 pounds potatoes, "Tumbling Diced" 1 tablespoon butter Salt and pepper to taste 2 pounds ground beef 2 large onions, chopped 2 large carrots, grated 1 12-ounce can beef stock 1 tablespoon cornstarch

Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer until tender. Drain. Using electric mixer or whisk, mash potatoes and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Heat large skillet. Add beef and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add carrots and stock. Mix in cornstarch, cook 10 minutes. Pour meat mixture into pie dish and top with mashed potatoes. Place under broiler until potatoes begin to turn brown.

• Love 2
Just now, umgoblue said:

One question!!!

How during a pandemic with literally nothing else to do, did I NOT know that M600PL had returned?!?!?!?

EPIC FAIL!

Will be ready next week...

Wolverines don't talk about failure. Obviously somebody from State dropped the ball and didn't let you know what was going on. Go Blue!

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

KEITH RICHARD'S FAMOUS SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE

Here it is, a recipe for shepherd's pie from that well-known gourmet, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. Shepherd's Pie 3 pounds potatoes, "Tumbling Diced" 1 tablespoon butter Salt and pepper to taste 2 pounds ground beef 2 large onions, chopped 2 large carrots, grated 1 12-ounce can beef stock 1 tablespoon cornstarch

Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer until tender. Drain. Using electric mixer or whisk, mash potatoes and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Heat large skillet. Add beef and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add carrots and stock. Mix in cornstarch, cook 10 minutes. Pour meat mixture into pie dish and top with mashed potatoes. Place under broiler until potatoes begin to turn brown.

Mmmmm...I  love Shepherd's Pie!

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Good night Pounders! Glad to be with you all tonight. See you around the forum! (Love After Lockup on Friday?) 

It's a date!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

• A special account with the local ice cream delivery and a front porch freezer in case your not available the second it is delivered

Thank you ! @PrincessPurrsALot !

• Love 2