Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

Meredith: Non-Mormon in SLC


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

I'm undecided about Meredith. She's so reserved, speaking in that low monotone country-clubber voice, and always trying to hide her emotions, that I don't have any idea of who she is. That chainlink full face mask was the perfect visual for how she lives her life.

I suspect there are many dark secrets hidden deep in the designer closets of the Marks family. The controlling way that Brooks speaks to his mother reeks of a flipped parent-child relationship. He's likely been taking care of her emotionally since an early age. Dad was gone all the time, so fragile mom leaned on him (bet she calls him her rock), putting him in the position of feeling like he needs to fix her problems. Just my theory.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
(edited)

As I was driving the other morning, the traffic report came on. The same woman I've heard do the traffic several times for I don't know how long. But, the other morning, as she signed off, I did a double take. Her name is Meredith Marx (I had to Google her to check the spelling). For the rest of my drive, all I could think about was how annoying it would be to hear Meredith Marks do a traffic report with her vocal fry drone.

In my defense for not putting 2+2 together with the names, I haven't made this drive nearly as often since covid, and it was 7am, and I am NOT a morning person.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Watching a rerun and I had a visceral reaction to hearing the voice of BrooKS MarKS.  I remember this scene- he was telling his mother that she can’t have a sleepover, and she was listening to him.  

I forgot about this little fucker.  I don’t know if I can deal with him for another season.

  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
Link to comment

As a former Mississippian, I could not figure out why Seth Marks would leave Chicago for MS. Meredith said something like he transferred for his job. (He's in retail logistics.) According to Linkedin he started with a new company in Hattiesburg, MS, seven months ago.

Could he not find work in SLC, Denver, L.A., or another big city close to Utah?

At this stage of his career, one would think he's have better options. I kinda think he and Meredith live separate lives.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I am currently catching up on season 2 and somebody please tell me what is going on with Meredith.  Her face doesn't match her voice for some reason.  Is she too frozen, is that the issue?  Is it the monotone, combined with the frozen face with the injected lips that look like they are lagging behind the words she speaks?

It is really creeping me out.  She is...flat and plastic.  And way too tightly wound.  

  • LOL 2
Link to comment

Meredith is a sly one.

It appears that Seth does not have 5000 employees. He has been at his current job as a chief merchandising officer at Channel Control Merchants for a bit under 2 years. Channel Control Merchants (owned by KKR) is in the retail inventory liquidation space (think Big Lots, Overstock and Tuesday Morning--all previous employers).

Seth is at his 9th job in 20 years. He has worked almost exclusively at companies that move overstock, and past season goods. So if he holds true to form he will move from CCM in Hattiesburg MS on to the next opportunity in the coming year.

Here is his public LinkedIn profile:  

https://www.linkedin.com/in/seth-marks-34a1348/details/experience/

 

 

  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Many moons ago, I was a department store buyer for a mid-to-high end retail store.  I dealt with "Devil Wears Prada's" all day long.

I bring that up because, in viewing Seth's LinkedIn (thank you @Ms.Lulu), I knew men like him all the time.  I say men because, back then, most were men.  Ramona Singer actually used to do what Seth does for a living, which was very surprising to me when I found out, because a woman in that end of the business was very rare.

They do make a lot of money, but it's the used car business of the retail world.  They are called Jobbers, in that they take huge lots of unsold merchandise and "job" it around to discount stores, eventually "jobbing" it out of the country.

I'm not surprised he's had 9 jobs; it's a world full of turnover.  Back in the 80's/early 90's, you'd see these guys on 7th Avenue literally pushing racks of clothing through the streets.

It's all about making huge deals for huge amounts of "junk" clothes that no one else wanted:  uneven size runs, irregular merchandise, or just mistake buys that the fashion world made.  I made an enormous mistake once with a nationally known designer, in that I bought a huge amount of a collection that didn't sell at all.  It was, back then, a million dollar mistake, and yes, jobbers like Seth had to take it off my hands.

I don't get the "5000 employees" comment unless she's speaking about Dollar Tree, TJ Maxx, etc., employees.

What's funny is that Meredith designs all this jewelry, and she fancies herself a designer's dream to dress, yet her husband is taking pennies on the dollar for 2 seasons ago's merch.  She probably digs through his cartons for all those feathers.

I'm still not over my second hand embarrassment at her "taint" comment. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 11/22/2021 at 11:39 AM, rlc said:

I thought she looked much better on WWHL last night. Her face settled in a bit, and a side part is definitely her friend.

The vast majority of women look better with a side part.

Link to comment
On 12/24/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Meredith is a sly one.

 

 

 

It appears that Seth does not have 5000 employees. He has been at his current job as a chief merchandising officer at Channel Control Merchants for a bit under 2 years. Channel Control Merchants (owned by KKR) is in the retail inventory liquidation space (think Big Lots, Overstock and Tuesday Morning--all previous employers).

 

 

 

Seth is at his 9th job in 20 years. He has worked almost exclusively at companies that move overstock, and past season goods. So if he holds true to form he will move from CCM in Hattiesburg MS on to the next opportunity in the coming year.

 

 

 

Here is his public LinkedIn profile:  

 

 

 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/seth-marks-34a1348/details/experience/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course he doesn't have 5000 employees. No offense, but since he works for a company and he is not a high level employee, he doesn't "employ" anybody. His company does. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Of course he doesn't have 5000 employees. No offense, but since he works for a company and he is not a high level employee, he doesn't "employee" anybody. His company does. 

No offense taken. 

I just rewatched and Meredith just said Lisa talked about her 'husband's job, endangering the livelihood of his 4000 employees.' Some of Meredith's anger is apparently based on exposing Seth's work history. Seth appears to be a jobber peddling junk (thank you, Starlight925). That probably doesn't sit well with the image that Meredith tries to present.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
Link to comment
On 12/25/2022 at 10:05 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Meredith should be more embarrassed about that bathtub scene with Seth vs Lisa’s rant. 

Yeah a wiser woman would have said, "She's full of shit" and acted like Lisa was an idiot while she planned and plotted a more subtle revenge, and lots of us would have just thought that Lisa did a bitchy rant because she was pissed.  Gross bathtub scenes are all on Meredith 😖

  • Like 8
Link to comment
On 12/30/2022 at 1:53 PM, princelina said:

Yeah a wiser woman would have said, "She's full of shit" and acted like Lisa was an idiot while she planned and plotted a more subtle revenge, and lots of us would have just thought that Lisa did a bitchy rant because she was pissed.  Gross bathtub scenes are all on Meredith 😖

Except I think Lisa was right on the money.

I don't get why Meredith would be embarrassed by Seth's job since it is a legit job that brought home the bacon.

And I agree Meredith should be worried more about her hubby's actions on the show.

For example, tongue bathing the boob cake on camera.  I wouldn't  be surprised if his kon looks at that as potential liability (i.e. if someone claims sexual harassment, having this on camera would not bode well for him)

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Like 7
Link to comment
On 12/30/2022 at 11:14 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Except I think Lisa was right on the money.

I don't get why Meredith would be embarrassed by Seth's job since it is a legit job that brought home the bacon.

And I agree Meredith should be worried more about her hubby's actions on the show.

For example, tongue bathing the boob cake on camera.  I wouldn't  be surprised if his kon looks at that as potential liability (i.e. if someone claims sexual harassment, having this on camera would not bode well for him)

Oh I totally think Lisa was right on the money!  And IMO Meredith knows it too, which is why she is so better and out for revenge.  I was just pointing out that if she had handled it better we wouldn't all now believe Lisa 😄

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Seth has been listed in LinkedIn as working for a specialty retail operation in Hattiesburg, MS, for about two years. I think the business helps retailers deal with unsold merchandise. I think he and Meredith have an arrangement and live apart much of the time.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Seth has been listed in LinkedIn as working for a specialty retail operation in Hattiesburg, MS, for about two years. I think the business helps retailers deal with unsold merchandise. I think he and Meredith have an arrangement and live apart much of the time.

That’s very convenient. Brush the cobwebs off Meredith’s jewelry and try to unload it.

  • LOL 5
Link to comment

Meredith was a Ford Model along her kids when they were all younger, and she announced that Brooks just signed with Ford (again). She has another son (Reid) who doesn't have public social media, and doesn't want to appear on the show. 

Photos of Meredith from her modeling days (and her Instagram).

Screenshot_20230923_124044_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

She sure has changed!!  I know, we ALL change as we age... But good grief Charlie Brown!!!

Also, how has she turned into such an EMPATH about OTHER people but yet is just dismissive of her cast mates??

This is her JOB, for cryin' out loud.  Guess she's on the Tamra Barney Judge shit stirrer train.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I had to resurrect the Meredith thread to unburden my thoughts from WWHL from a couple weeks ago since we can’t add the context within the episode threads… On the night Meredith gave her dramatic “vwoumas and nastiness about her huzzbin” soliloquy, she was on WWHL. Andy excitedly said we’d hear what the “vwouma” was in the next episode. Meredith retorted that what comes out was not the rumor she was referencing. Now in the latest episode Monica admits she heard it “on the streets” before she even knew Meredith. And in her WWHL appearance last night, Monica reiterated to Andy that she did NOT hear what the rumor was from Meredith, but when she heard that Meredith mentioned a rumor, she knew what it was because “the streets” have been talking for years. So final verdict, Meredith is getting unfairly blamed for all of this that Monica is spewing on camera.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I had to resurrect the Meredith thread to unburden my thoughts from WWHL from a couple weeks ago since we can’t add the context within the episode threads… On the night Meredith gave her dramatic “vwoumas and nastiness about her huzzbin” soliloquy, she was on WWHL. Andy excitedly said we’d hear what the “vwouma” was in the next episode. Meredith retorted that what comes out was not the rumor she was referencing. Now in the latest episode Monica admits she heard it “on the streets” before she even knew Meredith. And in her WWHL appearance last night, Monica reiterated to Andy that she did NOT hear what the rumor was from Meredith, but when she heard that Meredith mentioned a rumor, she knew what it was because “the streets” have been talking for years. So final verdict, Meredith is getting unfairly blamed for all of this that Monica is spewing on camera.

I don't think Meredith is blamed unfairly because she said "the rumors about the husband". What other rumors could be about the husband? Also, Monica decided suddenly at the Palm Springs trip to become a Meredith accolyte, so, of course she won't say anything against Meredith. She has issues with some of the women- she attacked Lisa, and Angie, and Mary said on WWHL she doesn't like her, so she needs every ally she can get. It seems she chose an OG (Meredith).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I don't think Meredith is blamed unfairly because she said "the rumors about the husband". What other rumors could be about the husband? 

That he is addicted to energy drinks? That he has a gambling problem? That he likes to shave his armpits? That he accidentally wet himself in high school? That he is the illegimate child of Donald Trump? 

Just to say a few, off the top of my head. Rumors don't always have to be about cheating 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Glama said:

That he is addicted to energy drinks? That he has a gambling problem? That he likes to shave his armpits? That he accidentally wet himself in high school? That he is the illegimate child of Donald Trump? 

Just to say a few, off the top of my head. Rumors don't always have to be about cheating 🤷‍♀️

It will probably forever remain a mystery like Harry Hamlin. 

  • LOL 7
Link to comment

When Meredith brought up "rumors" she knew they'd be presented.  She does not get off the hook with me just because the rumors that surfaced aren't the ones she was alluding to.  For all we know, Meredith didn't even know any rumors about the guy but just said that because that's her MO when fighting.  But now rumors are being told and Meredith started it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 9/25/2023 at 5:17 PM, ZettaK said:

Meredith was a Ford Model along her kids when they were all younger, and she announced that Brooks just signed with Ford (again). She has another son (Reid) who doesn't have public social media, and doesn't want to appear on the show. 

Photos of Meredith from her modeling days (and her Instagram).

Screenshot_20230923_124044_Instagram.jpg

so THAT is what she looks like!  Actually, compared to others, she still sorta looks like she used to.  But these women need to leave their faces alone.  Rinna up close looks frightening.  Her skin looks like an orange peel.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Glama said:

That he is addicted to energy drinks? That he has a gambling problem? That he likes to shave his armpits? That he accidentally wet himself in high school? That he is the illegimate child of Donald Trump? 

Just to say a few, off the top of my head. Rumors don't always have to be about cheating 🤷‍♀️

 

21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It will probably forever remain a mystery like Harry Hamlin. 

I got it!

He actually IS Harry Hamlin!

  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
Link to comment
On 10/19/2023 at 12:04 PM, Glama said:

That he is addicted to energy drinks? That he has a gambling problem? That he likes to shave his armpits? That he accidentally wet himself in high school? That he is the illegimate child of Donald Trump? 

Just to say a few, off the top of my head. Rumors don't always have to be about cheating 🤷‍♀️

No, but he is a hairdresser in a very conservative area, and Heather said already there were always rumors about him being gay because he is a hairdresser, and dresses nicely. 

Edited by ZettaK
Link to comment
On 10/23/2023 at 1:14 AM, ZettaK said:

No, but he is a hairdresser in a very conservative area, and Heather said already there were always rumors about him being gay because he is a hairdresser, and dresses nicely. 

That sounds like a bunch of stereotypes to me. I do think Heather was being facetious and more realistic about the community’s assumption about his “being gay”.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...