Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

TexasGal

Meredith: Non-Mormon in SLC

Looks like Meredith is the divorcing cast member who needs an additional paycheck before her husband can shove off. 

• Love 4

I'm undecided about Meredith. She's so reserved, speaking in that low monotone country-clubber voice, and always trying to hide her emotions, that I don't have any idea of who she is. That chainlink full face mask was the perfect visual for how she lives her life.

I suspect there are many dark secrets hidden deep in the designer closets of the Marks family. The controlling way that Brooks speaks to his mother reeks of a flipped parent-child relationship. He's likely been taking care of her emotionally since an early age. Dad was gone all the time, so fragile mom leaned on him (bet she calls him her rock), putting him in the position of feeling like he needs to fix her problems. Just my theory.

• Love 3

As I was driving the other morning, the traffic report came on. The same woman I've heard do the traffic several times for I don't know how long. But, the other morning, as she signed off, I did a double take. Her name is Meredith Marx (I had to Google her to check the spelling). For the rest of my drive, all I could think about was how annoying it would be to hear Meredith Marks do a traffic report with her vocal fry drone.

In my defense for not putting 2+2 together with the names, I haven't made this drive nearly as often since covid, and it was 7am, and I am NOT a morning person.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 1

Watching a rerun and I had a visceral reaction to hearing the voice of BrooKS MarKS.  I remember this scene- he was telling his mother that she can’t have a sleepover, and she was listening to him.  

I forgot about this little fucker.  I don’t know if I can deal with him for another season.

• Love 8
  • Laugh 3

As a former Mississippian, I could not figure out why Seth Marks would leave Chicago for MS. Meredith said something like he transferred for his job. (He's in retail logistics.) According to Linkedin he started with a new company in Hattiesburg, MS, seven months ago.

Could he not find work in SLC, Denver, L.A., or another big city close to Utah?

At this stage of his career, one would think he's have better options. I kinda think he and Meredith live separate lives.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
  • Useful 4

Yeah now that they are acting like things are good between them this year he has become a real creeper.  I liked him better when they were "separated" 😄

• Laugh 2

I am currently catching up on season 2 and somebody please tell me what is going on with Meredith.  Her face doesn't match her voice for some reason.  Is she too frozen, is that the issue?  Is it the monotone, combined with the frozen face with the injected lips that look like they are lagging behind the words she speaks?

It is really creeping me out.  She is...flat and plastic.  And way too tightly wound.  

• Laugh 2

I thought she looked much better on WWHL last night. Her face settled in a bit, and a side part is definitely her friend.

Edited by rlc
  • Love 3

Meredith is beautiful and reminds me a little of Kyle Richards. I noticed she typically keeps her head tilted.

• Love 2