Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Not sure I'm buying it. Why is it mommy is doing the talking and not Ashley? Really the fact is she wasn't going to open up because he wasn't what she wanted when it came to looks. She shut down the second she came out and saw him on the wedding day. If Ashley was so worried over those things (if they happened) then why not speak up to the experts and production? There is no excuse they give out that will ever make her behavior ok. All they are doing is trying to make her look like a victim when she is far from it. I don't think any one of us think David is perfect as mommy dearest there is claiming he was made out to be.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I do think that there was a significant switch in her attitude around the time that they moved in together. To me, it seemed like she was willing to look past a lack of physical attraction if his personality could make up for it. IF this is what she saw or experienced after they moved in together, I wouldn't blame her in the slightest for not persuing anything anymore.

Davina was crucified in social media for being cold and aloof. She was placed with a partner with a criminal history and violent outbursts. She threatened to quit the show and the producers threatened her with a breach of contract lawsuit. Speaking up to the experts/producers seems to have absolutely nothing but the opposite of the intended effect.

• Love 2
(edited)

When are the Jamie Otis interviews taped, do you think? I accidentally clicked on one where she is reliving 'Decision Day' with Sam/Neil primarily and they are both clearly wearing their wedding bands in that segment, even though they are talking about being separated and their decision to divorce. And they both look very current - Sam has long, straight, multi-colored hair and Neil is all cleaned up. 

Edited by tvwatcher104
(edited)

When are the Jamie Otis interviews taped, do you think? I accidentally clicked on one where she is reliving 'Decision Day' with Sam/Neil primarily and they are both clearly wearing their wedding bands in that segment, even though they are talking about being separated and their decision to divorce. And they both look very current - Sam has long, straight, multi-colored hair and Neil is all cleaned up.

I noticed in the scene from the finale after the decisions have been made and they meet up at the house the next day, that Neil is still wearing his band. I thought that odd since he's the one who asked to be divorced.

ETA: I think that the unfiltered episodes were all filmed over a couple of days in the early part of this year - either January or very early February. I don't remember the exact time, but Jamie posted something about going to Atlanta to live out her dreams of being a tv host.

Edited by sniglet
  • Love 1
(edited)

I noticed in the scene from the finale after the decisions have been made and they meet up at the house the next day, that Neil is still wearing his band. I thought that odd since he's the one who asked to be divorced.

ETA: I think that the unfiltered episodes were all filmed over a couple of days in the early part of this year - either January or very early February. I don't remember the exact time, but Jamie posted something about going to Atlanta to live out her dreams of being a tv host.

ok, thank you!  it seems like a continuity error then, on the part of the producers... they have to wear their rings while the show is on (Jan/Feb), but since we are watching it after the final show aired, if they were divorced those rings needed to be off. i noticed that almost for the entire JO show that Neil plays with his ring, like constantly. in body language, people often do that when they are lying.. play with their band. like a guy having an affair will say 'i'm not having an affair" while massaging his ring. i happen to be of the opinion they are together and still married.

ETA: she is wearing her ring in the reunion episode.

Edited by tvwatcher104
  • Love 1

Wondering if this may help explain why Ashley never opened up. I know that I wouldn't ever consider connecting with someone who behaved this way.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/david-norton-ashley-doherty-married-at-first-sight-92532

Don't buy this Rubbish for a second. I remember what Ashley said in the last episode. He is a good guy but we are just not meant for one another (I am paraphrasing). So the good guy is now slamming doors. They are going about this fix Ashley's rep campaign all wrong. She just needs to own her mistakes and move on.

• Love 13

I don't know if it's true or not, but I do think that there was a significant switch in her attitude around the time that they moved in together. To me, it seemed like she was willing to look past a lack of physical attraction if his personality could make up for it. IF this is what she saw or experienced after they moved in together, I wouldn't blame her in the slightest for not persuing anything anymore.

Davina was crucified in social media for being cold and aloof. She was placed with a partner with a criminal history and violent outbursts. She threatened to quit the show and the producers threatened her with a breach of contract lawsuit. Speaking up to the experts/producers seems to have absolutely nothing but the opposite of the intended effect.

When on earth did Sean have violent outbursts? All I saw was him retreating into his shell, not one hint of anger or violence. Having a DUI doesn't make anyone dangerous and violent, just stupid and reckless.

• Love 5

Don't buy this Rubbish for a second. I remember what Ashley said in the last episode. He is a good guy but we are just not meant for one another (I am paraphrasing). So the good guy is now slamming doors. They are going about this fix Ashley's rep campaign all wrong. She just needs to own her mistakes and move on.

Ashley and her camp are shooting themselves in the foot. In another week the final episode will be shown and there will be another round of interviews and then it will be over. Except for forums like this, no one will be talking about her and it won't matter. She's just perpetuating the conversation and it won't serve her well.

I feel for her in some ways - it must be awful to be ripped apart on SM. But in the end who cares what a bunch of people who don't even know you say about you?

She just needs to go back to her life and focus on her future goals. It will be better for everyone!

• Love 3
(edited)

When on earth did Sean have violent outbursts? All I saw was him retreating into his shell, not one hint of anger or violence. Having a DUI doesn't make anyone dangerous and violent, just stupid and reckless.

Apparently when they couldn't find the ring at the hotel on their honeymoon, he flipped a couple tables and broke some things and angrily accused hotel staff of stealing it and production had to go smooth things over.  However, the only thing viewers saw was Davina comforting him in the car. 

Edited by sniglet

Apparently when they couldn't find the ring at the hotel on their honeymoon, he flipped a couple tables and broke some things and angrily accused hotel staff of stealing it and production had to go smooth things over.  However, the only thing viewers saw was Davina comforting him in the car. 

Oh I remember him accusing the hotel staff, but who said he flipped tables and broke things? You'd think the hotel would've called the cops if that had happened. I just can't believe half the things said about season 2 anonymously when most of it didn't even make sense.

• Love 1
(edited)

Where's a face palm emoji when you need one?

I just don't know what to make of her. It felt like she was too over the top before the reveal....and it still feels that way. I really wouldn't be surprised if they have reconciled so it can be like a double "gotcha!" Like at first she wanted her followers to believe they were together. Now she wants them to believe Neil is done with her, but I'm calling bullshit since we still have the reunion special, which means the season is technically not over and giving it away, whether they are still broken up or not, would probably be in breach of contract. Of course option B is that they are just friends and she is simply playing it up to keep people guessing, but Dr. Pepper's tweets from when she was filming the reunion show keep me guessing....

I don't know. I think the saga of Sam and Neil is still continuing....

Edited by JaggedLilPill
  • Love 1

ok, thank you!  it seems like a continuity error then, on the part of the producers... they have to wear their rings while the show is on (Jan/Feb), but since we are watching it after the final show aired, if they were divorced those rings needed to be off. i noticed that almost for the entire JO show that Neil plays with his ring, like constantly. in body language, people often do that when they are lying.. play with their band. like a guy having an affair will say 'i'm not having an affair" while massaging his ring. i happen to be of the opinion they are together and still married.

ETA: she is wearing her ring in the reunion episode.

I think its more out of a nervous type of thing in this situation. I can't watch the Jamie things because she bugs me and its just so one sided and fake. I just want to say that I do it with my rings when I get a little nervous/scared. I was doing it the whole time I had to go to the dentist at the last minute for myself. I was getting bad anxiety on the way and being there. I will do it when I talk to certain people as well. But other times its because my wedding ring is a little big and slips around so I have to fix it. LOL Aside from that I can see why they had them on still since these things were filmed awhile ago and they have to wear the rings until the decision day is done. 

Oh I remember him accusing the hotel staff, but who said he flipped tables and broke things? You'd think the hotel would've called the cops if that had happened. I just can't believe half the things said about season 2 anonymously when most of it didn't even make sense.

I'm trying to understand where this violent outburst thing is coming from? If someone behaved that way in a hotel cops would have been called for sure and they would have had wanted him out of there ASAP. I was no fan of either Sean or Davina but where was the thing about her wanting to quit and being threatened with a lawsuit over it? I wasn't on here at the time. I think I found this forum late in the season or after it last time around so wasn't following along with it here and the rumors and such. We all know he had a DUI but that was it but that doesn't to me equal violent. It just equals stupid. 

BTW, I saw no change in how Ashley was from the time they got married and moved in (if they even did really live together). She was the same cold person from the second she saw him until she was able to get to decision day and leave. She made it clear she was never going to look past his looks and get to know him through the whole thing so I can't believe she would have looked beyond that ever and been more open no matter what went on. 

• Love 3

Ashley and her camp are shooting themselves in the foot. In another week the final episode will be shown and there will be another round of interviews and then it will be over. Except for forums like this, no one will be talking about her and it won't matter. She's just perpetuating the conversation and it won't serve her well.

Dear Ashley & team, for the love of Andi, please SSTTTAAAAAP the madness. David Norton did not betray you or abuse you. Whatever his past may be, you were both desperate shmucks who went on a reality show to marry a stranger. David is not at fault here. Get off social media, stop smearing the poor bastard. If you truly believe you were wronged in your match, grow some lady balls and sue the production company and the experts who matched you. 

• Love 24

Dear Ashley & team, for the love of Andi, please SSTTTAAAAAP the madness. David Norton did not betray you or abuse you. Whatever his past may be, you were both desperate shmucks who went on a reality show to marry a stranger. David is not at fault here. Get off social media, stop smearing the poor bastard. If you truly believe you were wronged in your match, grow some lady balls and sue the production company and the experts who matched you.

Right now I want to marry YOU.

• Love 7

For Neil's sake I hope he avoids the "charms" of Sam..and her desperation. I feel she wants more reality tv time..hoping for a spin off? 1st year of insanity?

IMHO if Neil goes back to her she will drop him the way she apparently dropped the never seen again sugar gliders

I wonder if Tres and Vanessa can make it as a dating couple..rather than picket fence, baby on board, etc married couple? It seems like they have a real attraction but nt sure either was ready for marriage yet? Hope they can date and grow away from cameras

While I think Ashley could have been more friendly, I don't blame her if she was not feelin him. "Cast" on Bach and Bachette etc can walk away " no attraction"

if they refuse a kiss on camera or don't take the fantasy suite card no one berates them. If she was not feeling him....I don't blame her. I could not go to bed with a guy I was not physically - and ? "chemically" attracted to - sorry.

I guess we should applaud bar girls who are able to put aside their own wants and desires and cater to some old "merican guy to get a green card?

(Ooops..wrong show that woud be 90 day fiancée) LOL

Without knowing the "legal" difficulties of getting off the show I can't condemn Ashley so much. Personally I found David ok (except for his scruffy beard) but his delusional and pushy actions might be a turn off. Who knows? I once had a good looking sweat hog, clammy hand guy who I could not overlook the ewww.

I went on one date with a guy who ate like a pig - mouth open...etc. eww. One date haha

I also personally hate moles - I guess if I had been Cindy Crawford's agent back in the day that distinctive mole would have been gone - maybe her fame gone too but it still bothers me haha

(and yeah Doug would be my worst nightmare)

• Love 1
(edited)

(Snipped)

I kind of want to know who ordered the background check after the wedding. I feel like if it were team Ashley, the details would have been fully leaked.

The court records were requested on 6/4 by DLS background services on behalf of MAFS. The records weren't released to them until 6/29. I believe that the wedding took place sometime between the 6th and the 8th of June. It's an unfortunate thing that these background checks aren't being fully completed before the weddings. Seems shady.

See the article for dates http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/david-norton-ashley-doherty-married-at-first-sight-92532

Edited by sniglet
  • Love 1

Mistakes? Ashley wasn't attracted to some ugly, sweaty weasel with a criminal record. Maybe if his personality wasn't so clingy and desperate she might have been a little attracted to him.

• Love 5
(edited)

Mistakes? Ashley wasn't attracted to some ugly, sweaty weasel with a criminal record. Maybe if his personality wasn't so clingy and desperate she might have been a little attracted to him.

So Ashley was perfect throughout the marriage? She DIDN'T make 1 mistake because she was married to a 'UGLY SWEATY WEASEL WITH A CRIMINAL RECORD'. MRS PERFECT figured out he was this bad after taking one look at him. Since she said she didn't like him at the altar. This clingy fool went to sleep in the other room when Mrs Perfect wanted her space during the honeymoon. When Mr criminal decided to back off during the barbecue and stop being 'clingy', MRS Perfect complained abt his lack of attentiveness. This desperado also carried the whole marriage along so they won't both look like fools on tv. This weasel did exactly what he signed up to do while Mrs Perfect wasn't mentally present to do the exercises.

Did you stop to imagine what would have happened if David had Neil's personality and was matched with Ashley? They would probably allocate minimal screen time to them. David carried the whole marriage and covered her numerous times.

I would stop right here. What Ashley is missing is a true friend/family member who would put things in perspective and let her know where David is coming from. But I see she has enablers that are too blind to put things in perspective and believe St Ashley can never be wrong.. #Ashley==zeroaccountability

When you have people telling Ashley the reunion makeup was perfect on instagram and twitter, there is a big problem.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 18

Sean's DUI is nothing to me. SO many people have them. Then there were the co-workers that came on here - and none of their so called spoilers were really accurate about his work. I don't know why the producers would be wanting to portray David as Mr. Wonderful but then last season when Explosive things did happen - Ryan D was fully shown in his glory. I don't believe it happened. People disliked Sean and Davina equally last year. i was here on this board. They also detested Ryan D's behavior. I think Ashley just is embarrassed and instead of looking inward needs to blame someone. So now it's productions fault. Sorry I don't believe you, Ashley.

• Love 10

Lol. Points for creativity. Exactly how was he suppose to act? Anyone would look clingy next to her being so cold. If you want control over who you marry dont go on the show. Simple.

• Love 10

After watching three seasons with only 3 couples together how can they continue this show?  Miami is suppose to be filming now or completely finished.  Now they are moving on to Chicago trying to find more couples to marry.

After the past two seasons I feel like this show is not about finding couples a true mate to marry but about ratings and money.

• Love 2

After watching three seasons with only 3 couples together how can they continue this show?  Miami is suppose to be filming now or completely finished.  Now they are moving on to Chicago trying to find more couples to marry.

After the past two seasons I feel like this show is not about finding couples a true mate to marry but about ratings and money.

well, if Miami was already cast/shot and now they are casting for Chiacgo, that would mean at least 2 more seasons. i guess the show must be doing well in ratings?

But the Chicago ad said Chicago would be the fourth season. In other words in sequence after Atlanta. Wonder if they did film Miami and nobody stayed together or something happened which they really don't want us to see. Of course, the ad people could have gotten it wrong.

• Love 2
(edited)

But the Chicago ad said Chicago would be the fourth season. In other words in sequence after Atlanta. Wonder if they did film Miami and nobody stayed together or something happened which they really don't want us to see. Of course, the ad people could have gotten it wrong.

Lynnie76

Do you have the ad for Chicago?  Someone on another site sent in her application for MAFS Chicago and she said it is for Season 5 and they are filming Miami now.  This is so confusing. 

Edited to add:   Chicago news article about MAFS states it is for Season 4.  Huh?  

Edited by tinypeanut

Probably a typo. (Bolding mine) 

(edited)

Once you pull up the application at the bottom of the Chicago ad it asks if you will be available between  January 16th-17, 2016 and January 29th- February 1st, 2016.   THIS date range has past.   Seems likes someone threw everything together without proof reading. 

Edited by tinypeanut
(edited)

Wondering if this may help explain why Ashley never opened up. I know that I wouldn't ever consider connecting with someone who behaved this way.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/david-norton-ashley-doherty-married-at-first-sight-92532

Here's the problem with that link.  Ashley didn't know about that when she met David on their wedding day.   Right after they married, Ashley went into the ladies room with her friends and said, "I don't like him."  She didn't like David from day one and that was the problem.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

Once you pull up the application at the bottom of the Chicago ad it asks if you will be available between  January 16th-17, 2016 and January 29th- February 1st, 2016.   THIS date range has past.   Seems likes someone threw everything together without proof reading.

I believe those dates were the same ones for the Miami casting.  I wonder if they couldn't find enough people willing to do the show in Miami so they gave up and tried Chicago.  Or maybe there will be couples from both cities?  

Dr. Cilona is moving on.  Are they getting all new experts for the new season?

I have a feeling the experts couldn't take the heat from all of the backlash. They've lost credibility and possibly clients from this fiasco. At the end of the day, this show has turned into a typical reality show...fake and scripted!

• Love 7

I believe those dates were the same ones for the Miami casting.  I wonder if they couldn't find enough people willing to do the show in Miami so they gave up and tried Chicago.  Or maybe there will be couples from both cities?  

or maybe they recruited in both cities at the same time? like a married @ first sight casting tour a la american idol and etc. 

• Love 1

Other than ease of production, there's no reason all three couples have to be in the same city, I suppose.  Maybe they'll try a couple different ones out for casting and see where they can come up with the best potential couples?

• Love 1

Well Bachelor keeps going and they have had how much luck in that department of hooking up a couple? I think if they get decent ratings the show goes on. Not sure what that would be though for decent ratings on this kind of channel. 

I think its a typo. As someone else said they saw a person on another place say they applied for the Chicago one and it will be the 5th season. It would probably be about the time for casting for that if they are going for another season if you think about it. The Miami ones are done or still filming. We get it later this year maybe on air? Just as that one is on the air, the next round is getting married at some point. It seems to be the way it is being done. If the 2 so called experts are gone then good but could we get rid of the other 2 as well and start all over? Like I have said before maybe finding local ones or at least close enough ones that can just pop in out of the blue would be best. Not ones states away. That makes no sense. As well as not all states may have the same rules on being able to practice (if you can call it that) your whatever license there. Which in turn is probably why the 2 are going besides the backlash. 

Well Bachelor keeps going and they have had how much luck in that department of hooking up a couple? I think if they get decent ratings the show goes on.

True ratings will be the deciding factor, but in the case of the Bachelor the show ends with a happy couple. You can pretend that everything worked out, in this show you know for sure it did not. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Considering the couples don't interact with each other and the "Experts" have Skyped at times and this season were based in a different state checking in, they could base couples out of different cities, if its cost effective. The show seems to like to have the next season done or close to done before the previous one fully airs (they probably want to get them locked in before the failures are fully known to the world), though, so they could be moving on to Chicago having done Miami. The season 3 weddings took place as Season 2 was airing, right? I remember seeing a commercial for Miami casting early in the season. I would think we should be hearing of weddings soon.

With the Bachelor shows isn't a lot of the draw trying to figure out who the Bachelor/Bachelorette will pick, seeing the guys/girls fight over this person they all barely know, not seeing an ongoing romance? Plus occasional drunken embarrassing dates? There's more entertainment (if that's your idea of entertainment) throughout. With this show there's six people and while there's drama and I'm sure manufactured stuff, it's not as much of "show" like the Bachelor. You're technically suppose to root for all 6 people and there are "experts" waxing on about these matches being a science and whatnot, so the outcomes do matter a lot more, especially since these people are signing up to marry/divorce. 

Ashley's mom giving interviews... uhg. If David was slamming around like Ryan D than why did Ashley stay in the house and repeatedly say he was nice? Why was she alone with him all the time without inviting people over? If you're in a house with a stranger who is doing stuff like that wouldn't you want to have your family around for support? Where was her mom then? Ashley shut down the moment she saw David, knowing nothing about him. Ashley is holding on to that text message excuse in the end of the season footage to avoid admitting she felt nothing, if she had other reasons at the time, like he was acting disrespectful, why not say it at the time? Looking in this thread it seems like Ashley's mom is more active on SM and whatnot than Ashley. Maybe Ashley never learned to speak up for herself because her mommy takes care of everything for her... or Ashley is using her mother to try to keep her own hands clean, so to speak. Either way it's not a good look for Ashley.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 7

Ashley's mom giving interviews... uhg. If David was slamming around like Ryan D than why did Ashley stay in the house and repeatedly say he was nice? Why was she alone with him all the time without inviting people over? If you're in a house with a stranger who is doing stuff like that wouldn't you want to have your family around for support? Where was her mom then? Ashley shut down the moment she saw David, knowing nothing about him. Ashley is holding on to that text message excuse in the end of the season footage to avoid admitting she felt nothing, if she had other reasons at the time, like he was acting disrespectful, why not say it at the time? Looking in this thread it seems like Ashley's mom is more active on SM and whatnot than Ashley. Maybe Ashley never learned to speak up for herself because her mommy takes care of everything for her... or Ashley is using her mother to try to keep her own hands clean, so to speak. Either way it's not a good look for Ashley.

Looked like Pepper is calling her out a little from the previews on the reunion show. Which she flipped her hair and was huffy like. LOL I am hoping it is the case and she is hard on her ass over it. It needs to be done since we all know she checked out when she saw him on day one. Agree that its not a good look for her either way if mommy is doing the talking for her and on top of it throwing things out there that don't match up with what her own daughter said. I bet this has happened a lot over the years with them too, where the stories of whatever problem Ashley has doesn't match with what either one says. 

• Love 6

Dr. Cilona is moving on.....

This show is about hope, and I kept hoping he would wear his waiter's jacket again.

It looked like he was on his way to his other job at Morton's. 

So Ashley was perfect throughout the marriage? She DIDN'T make 1 mistake because she was married to a 'UGLY SWEATY WEASEL WITH A CRIMINAL RECORD'. MRS PERFECT figured out he was this bad after taking one look at him. Since she said she didn't like him at the altar. This clingy fool went to sleep in the other room when Mrs Perfect wanted her space during the honeymoon. When Mr criminal decided to back off during the barbecue and stop being 'clingy', MRS Perfect complained abt his lack of attentiveness. This desperado also carried the whole marriage along so they won't both look like fools on tv. This weasel did exactly what he signed up to do while Mrs Perfect wasn't mentally present to do the exercises.

Did you stop to imagine what would have happened if David had Neil's personality and was matched with Ashley? They would probably allocate minimal screen time to them. David carried the whole marriage and covered her numerous times.

I would stop right here. What Ashley is missing is a true friend/family member who would put things in perspective and let her know where David is coming from. But I see she has enablers that are too blind to put things in perspective and believe St Ashley can never be wrong.. #Ashley==zeroaccountability

When you have people telling Ashley the reunion makeup was perfect on instagram and twitter, there is a big problem.

I wouldn't call someone's natural reaction and true feelings "mistakes". Just because you don't agree with the way Ashley acted towards David, that doesn't mean that she made mistakes. He is just gross to me, behavior and looks. I understand how some people are put off by Ashley. It seems like some people take her dislike of David personally.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't call someone's natural reaction and true feelings "mistakes". Just because you don't agree with the way Ashley acted towards David, that doesn't mean that she made mistakes. He is just gross to me, behavior and looks. I understand how some people are put off by Ashley. It seems like some people take her dislike of David personally.

I'd say the same thing of David haters. You just said he was gross etc another user said something about him being a sweaty creep. There are just more Ashley haters.

I think we all agree she could've at least talked to the man a normal amount. That's where she gets the hate from. Not that she wasn't attracted, it's that she didnt try at all the entire time.

Edited by WichitaStateShock
  • Love 6

I've wanted to to slam a few doors over Ashley's behavior too. Seems like frustration more than anger. Wouldn't that be normal when someone won't talk about anything. That girl wa$ not afraid, she was just done at hello! But there was the $$$.

• Love 8