Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Also, if anyone "spilled the beans" before the finale it was Ashley and her family and friends, who were trashing David LONG before the finale aired. If that didn't make it obvious that they weren't still together, I don't know what would. And she shouldn't have been doing that. The show would have wanted her to play nice just to throw the audience off track about how things ended with her and David.

I agree. Ashley's family gave away the ending before Christmas when her step-dad liked a post on Twitter that showed a photo of two of the experts that said "These two couldn't match a pair of socks."

Edited by Skidoo
  • Love 3

Just a wild thought. In the matching episode, I think Dr. Pepper mentioned that they had considered Sam as a match for David. You don't suppose that David and Sam really did get together making Dr. Pepper's instinct correct. What a turn around that would be. He wouldn't mind Sam's ups and downs because he only sees the ups anyway :)

Edited by Nffftshewasgone
  • Love 1

Vanessa Nelson ‏@Vanessa_MAFS  2h2 hours ago
Never second guess your gut.

Definitely not together. I bet she's dying to tell her side of the story. She should have never been swayed by the experts and the salesman or people in general trying to make her look like she's crazy or insecure. It should have been curtains from the honeymoon.

100% sure Tres dropped his dotting husband act once the cameras stopped rolling.

• Love 1

OMG, it would be hilarious if David and Sam were together! I can just picture the experts trying to take credit for that because they came this > < close to putting them together and they obviously never would've met if they hadn't been cast for the show, etc.

• Love 2

I think it could be a possibility that they're together.  First of all, I can imagine that they would think it was a total hoot and a way to get back on the two people who dumped them so coldly and publicly, plus the two of them are likely either majorly rebounding/desperate and looking for someone else to focus on - Even if they were "just friends" and making it look like they were involved, I'd say more power to 'em for having one on the show and their former spouses.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3

I could never see the two of them together. David seems like he would want a girlier type of woman, someone kind of princess-y - unlike Sam.

And I don't think David - though he seems like a decent person - would meet her manliness criteria.

• Love 1

Wouldn't it be funny if the the Part Two that was "leaked" on Amazon (or wherever it was leaked), was a fake one set up by the show to create even more drama?

Just thinkin' out loud.

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 7

There is this invisible girls code that you can't date your friend's ex. Since Sam is close to Ashley, I doubt that this scenario is feasible.

I don't really think they're together, but do you really think Ashley would give a flying rat's ass if he dated Sam?

• Love 3

I don't really think they're together, but do you really think Ashley would give a flying rat's ass if he dated Sam?

I can't imagine why she would at all. I can't even see them being close friends though either. 

BTW, who posses with a guy the way Sam and David are if they are friends? I don't think either way something is up (would be odd if there was) but if I took a picture with my guy friend I wouldn't be holding him like he was my husband/boyfriend. I wouldn't even do that with a guy friend if I was single. That is just me though but just thought it was odd. As well as what someone else said about why wouldn't they either wait for Neil (if he was there) or go meet up with him and take the pic. I would say that any man (or woman) out there though should run fast and far from Sam. 

Wouldn't it be funny if the the Part Two that was "leaked" on Amazon (or wherever it was leaked), was a fake one set up by the show to create even more drama?

Just thinkin' out loud.

i was thinking along these lines as well. that the finale was purposely leaked by FYI to get people interested in the show again, especially since they have a favorable outcome (or two) this year compared to what happened last year.

Edited by tvwatcher104

It's some and I don't like her particularly, but Neil's build-up is really awful and mean. And no, it's not producer driven, Tres said other than walking three times through the door they didn't get any directions for the final decision at all. It's almost like Neil was trying to give her a taste of her own medicine. If not and if he really thought this was an acceptable wording, then he needs some of his social skills checked.

I think he's just been quietly fuming about how she treated him in the beginning and now he gave her her own medicine. I could be wrong, but to me, if he indeed said it that way, that was unnecessarily hurtful, unless he did want to hurt her.

He did that at least a couple times this season.  Gave her 'her own medicine"  so it kinda makes you give him a side eye a bit if that's the way he treats relationships.

"well she did it to me so I can do it to her"  

and i like the guy!  but that's a little weird...

• Love 4

He did that at least a couple times this season.  Gave her 'her own medicine"  so it kinda makes you give him a side eye a bit if that's the way he treats relationships.

I doubt Neil normal treats a relationship that way. I think if most people had ever dealt with someone like Sam they would get why it was that. Sometimes you want to see if they get what it feels like to be treated that way but usually what happens is they run off and play victim or a guilt trip. Sam has no clue how to treat a relationship at all by how she has behaved during this whole thing. At some point with dealing with a narcissistic bully you just want to do nothing but be cold and mean to them in hopes of getting the point across of how they have been to you. Does it work? Usually not but you don't always know what else to do with a person that makes things all about them and no matter what you say to them or how you say it they can lash out in some manner. I will give it to Sam. She is good at being a narcissistic bully and playing up that pity/guilt. 

"“Since she wouldn’t tell me what she was thinking- thus making it impossible to have a united front,” he continues, “I did what I thought was best, and that was to stay together. I also didn’t know what she was going to say, and I would have hated if I said divorce, because I was trying to create a united front and take my best guess, because that’s what Ashley wanted, only to hear that she wanted to stay together – which I think would have happened.”

I wouldn't doubt Ashley would have done that (or Sam). It would have been interesting to see how it would have played out had the opposite answers been given by David and Neil (if he had said if before Sam). 

"”We asked Norton if he believes her statement was said with sincerity. “Do I think it was genuine? No,” he tells us. “I was sitting right next to her, and I know she wiped away tears, but I didn’t actually see any tears."

LMAO Wasn't the first time she did that either and there was no tears. 

"I came back down from the clouds on Decision Day when Ashley said, ‘There are four or five different reasons why it couldn’t work.’ Then Dr. Joseph and Dr. Logan [asked] what those reasons were, and she couldn’t think of any.”"

"As for her having ulterior motives… I really hope not, but it’s difficult to say.”

Figures...she can say there are different reasons but never give a damn answer when it comes down to it. Really it would have probably given her away to being a fraud on it all. LOL at the last part. Sounds like he gets he wasn't seeing things as he should have during it because he was to "head in the clouds" as he said. That whole text thing was so pathetic and her excuse for wanting out and claiming no trust. I wish we could have seen his friends say what they really thought and felt on it all. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Neil should have done the right thing: told Sam that he was divorcing before going to the experts to publicly announce their decision.

It's really childish to dump her that way as a form of revenge. 

I 100% agree with his decision but how he went about delivering it is kind of lame in my opinion. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 5

Funny, David wants Ashley to respect his wishes and not talk to him but he wouldn't give her the same respect in an earlier episode. Them moving out shows what a dick he really is. I feel so badly for Sam. I almost feel like Neil might be asexual or something.

• Love 2

Neil should have done the right thing: told Sam that he was divorcing before going to the experts to publicly announce their decision.

I 100% agree with his decision but how he went about delivering it is kind of lame in my opinion. 

yeah, I agree

Neil and Sam might've had good moments but most of it, liike this show, was shitty

• Love 1

I paid special attention to Neil's "I am committed --to getting a divorce" announcement. It was edited to sound callous.

See the previews for the six-month reunion? Ashley's makeup is on stun-gun level 18. She thinks she's on a Jamie Otis star trajectory.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know I'm in the minority here because Neil comes off as pretty likable but his passive aggressive demeanor does make me wonder if there's some truth to this. There are indeed instances when Neil may have intentionally taken a jab at Sam and triggered an outburst, we're just so used to seeing Sam overreact that most people never gave it a second thought. So it was either he was fighting back in his own way, feigning ignorance or he's an emotional dimwit. 

I remember seeing a rerun of the wedding preparations and I found this weird--- he defined love as being utterly vulnerable and giving another person the power to hurt you, and trusting that they don't.--- There's some truth to this but to define it with particular emphasis on getting hurt at the get-go is plain odd. 

On the upside, since he's so used to being a good guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a few ex-girlfriends that he kept as friends.  

Thank you for this. I totally agree. It just seemed like a cold and calculated move to publicly hurt and embarrass her which was totally unnecessary. 

Edited by zooey
  • Love 4

My big problem with Neil's wording of his decision is that he started it with "I am committed." Maybe it's just me, but to me that was pretty misleading, because all this time people have been talking about being committed to the process, being committed to the marriage, being committed to making it work. I don't know if he did it on purpose, but it seemed to me like starting his speech that way might have first invoked a false hope, which then he crushed with the rest of his sentence. I understand that this was the best decision for him, but wording it this way seemed pretty cold to me.

• Love 2

My big problem with Neil's wording of his decision is that he started it with "I am committed." Maybe it's just me, but to me that was pretty misleading, because all this time people have been talking about being committed to the process, being committed to the marriage, being committed to making it work. I don't know if he did it on purpose, but it seemed to me like starting his speech that way might have first invoked a false hope, which then he crushed with the rest of his sentence. I understand that this was the best decision for him, but wording it this way seemed pretty cold to me.

Exactly. And what's up with the hand holding? 

Exactly. And what's up with the hand holding? 

They kept showing them (at least, it seemed like them) holding hands during decision time in the previews, but tonight I didn't see it. Did I miss it? Were they actually holding hands?

• Love 2
(edited)

If being completely honest, after what we've seen of Sam, who here would really have told Sam alone, beforehand, that you wanted a divorce? If, and this is a big if, she didn't just kill you outright and stuff you in a deep freeze, can you imagine what the remainder of the time would've been like with her after that? Hell, I wouldn't have wanted to spend two seconds alone with her after delivering that news. You can bet the verbal abuse would have rocketed to levels beyond one's ability to even imagine.

My point is this...it's easy to sit at our keyboards and judge Neil for not telling her beforehand, but I'm pretty sure most of us would've done the same thing if actually faced with that situation. Add to this the fact that Neil doesn't appear to be the most assertive person in the world under the best of circumstances, and I think it's a freaking miracle he was able to say no to her at all. So yeah, Neil isn't someone who I think I'd be interested in personally, but I can't help but cut the guy some slack on waiting to tell Sam "buh-bye" until he was safely surrounded by other people who could, at minimum, tell the police where to find the body, and at best, to have someone else to help deal with Sam's crazy.

Edited by MommyToMyCats
  • Love 18

HunnyBunny :)...I think the pause/hiccup after Neil said "I'm committed...." showed editing. IOW, I don't believe his announcement was as callous as it seemed at first.

--------

Not one of the six participants, nor any of the Experts, was beyond reproach in this season's "experiment." Lots of manipulation, obfuscation and CYA bs, imo. Seriously, I can't conclude that any sincere, down-to-earth, reasonable people would willingly put their lives on reality tv. To me, reasonable = reality will NEVER compute. Imo, the ulterior motives (whatever they may be) are ALWAYS there and ALWAYS suspect.

Re Samantha and Neil?

In three seasons and nine couples, I can buy that Neil was the most legit candidate for the MAFS insanity, based on cultural heritage and success. To him, his grams had a happy and legit long-lasting arranged union. (Who knows though? Unless you yourself are IN a marriage, you cannot speak to success or happiness. Appearances CAN be deceiving.)

Reading through this thread, it seems that the Sam/Neil match was a last minute replacement? Another, originally-made match didn't work? I can see semi-finalists like Sam/Neil being notified at first that she/he hadn't been chosen, but, thanks, maybe next season?! (Remember Jessica Castro was rejected in Season 1, but brought back in Season 2? It happened.)

I can imagine a disappointment. -- BUT, a HUGE relief, too -- at being rejected! But then, receiving news of a revamp, could make some people think, OMG! It's MEANT to be!

Neil seems like an intelligent, yet emotionally-centered/closed-off/self-contained guy. His participation in MAFS, to me, was much more than a leap of faith. More like a dive off the cliffs of La Quebrada in Acapulco. But, I think (maybe foolishly, naively or stupidly) that he was sincere. Then....came...Sam? Such a disappointment.

Imo, Sam NEVER gave the marriage a chance. Never. So, IF Neil was bitter and decided to go out with a coup de grace, I understand that. Do I condone emotional-cruelty toward a love/sex partner? Never. Can I understand it? Unfortunately, yes. IMO, Neil recognised Sam's deficiencies and cruelties. He felt hurt and abused. Of course, my judgment is based on a heavily-edited tv show. I could be very wrong.

But read Sam's SM for clues into her psyche. I see problems.

• Love 4

After reading this interview http://nypost.com/2016/03/01/married-at-first-sight-neil-and-sam-react-to-dramatic-finale/

it seemed that neither of them though Neil was being cruel in the way he gave his decision. Sam acknowledged that she suspected he was going to ask for divorce and Neil claims that he told her wasn't sure and was think about it up to decision day.  But this interview really implies that they were not together at the reunion.

• Love 5

HunnyBunny :)...I think the pause/hiccup after Neil said "I'm committed...." showed editing. IOW, I don't believe his announcement was as callous as it seemed at first.

--------

Not one of the six participants, nor any of the Experts, was beyond reproach in this season's "experiment." Lots of manipulation, obfuscation and CYA bs, imo. Seriously, I can't conclude that any sincere, down-to-earth, reasonable people would willingly put their lives on reality tv. To me, reasonable = reality will NEVER compute. Imo, the ulterior motives (whatever they may be) are ALWAYS there and ALWAYS suspect.

Re Samantha and Neil?

In three seasons and nine couples, I can buy that Neil was the most legit candidate for the MAFS insanity, based on cultural heritage and success. To him, his grams had a happy and legit long-lasting arranged union. (Who knows though? Unless you yourself are IN a marriage, you cannot speak to success or happiness. Appearances CAN be deceiving.)

Reading through this thread, it seems that the Sam/Neil match was a last minute replacement? Another, originally-made match didn't work? I can see semi-finalists like Sam/Neil being notified at first that she/he hadn't been chosen, but, thanks, maybe next season?! (Remember Jessica Castro was rejected in Season 1, but brought back in Season 2? It happened.)

I can imagine a disappointment. -- BUT, a HUGE relief, too -- at being rejected! But then, receiving news of a revamp, could make some people think, OMG! It's MEANT to be!

Neil seems like an intelligent, yet emotionally-centered/closed-off/self-contained guy. His participation in MAFS, to me, was much more than a leap of faith. More like a dive off the cliffs of La Quebrada in Acapulco. But, I think (maybe foolishly, naively or stupidly) that he was sincere. Then....came...Sam? Such a disappointment.

Imo, Sam NEVER gave the marriage a chance. Never. So, IF Neil was bitter and decided to go out with a coup de grace, I understand that. Do I condone emotional-cruelty toward a love/sex partner? Never. Can I understand it? Unfortunately, yes. IMO, Neil recognised Sam's deficiencies and cruelties. He felt hurt and abused. Of course, my judgment is based on a heavily-edited tv show. I could be very wrong.

But read Sam's SM for clues into her psyche. I see problems.

I'm not sure how to interpret you calling me HunnyBunny. I hope I'm just being too sensitive and you didn't mean it in a condescending way.

My point wasn't about Neil's pause (real or edited) after he'd said "I am committed." My problem was with him starting the sentence that way, whether he paused after that or not.

Sam is definitely not a nice person, but I actually think that she did make an effort in the end and she did want to give the marriage a chance. On the other hand, I didn't see much effort from Neil. He just coasted along. To me it seems like things totally switched halfway: first it was Neil who wanted to make it work, and Sam was an ass, and later, I do think that Sam wanted to make it work, but Neil didn't really make an effort anymore.

Now I'm just curious what we'll find out next week...

(edited)

I'm not sure how to interpret you calling me HunnyBunny. I hope I'm just being too sensitive and you didn't mean it in a condescending way.

My point wasn't about Neil's pause (real or edited) after he'd said "I am committed." My problem was with him starting the sentence that way, whether he paused after that or not.

Sam is definitely not a nice person, but I actually think that she did make an effort in the end and she did want to give the marriage a chance. On the other hand, I didn't see much effort from Neil. He just coasted along. To me it seems like things totally switched halfway: first it was Neil who wanted to make it work, and Sam was an ass, and later, I do think that Sam wanted to make it work, but Neil didn't really make an effort anymore.

BunnySlippers, I was trying to be affectionate! I apologize if you thought I was trying to be condescending toward you, since that was never my intent nor in my makeup. (I use hunnybunny as an endearment in RL.)

I should be more careful here, I acknowledge that. Of course, I respect your and EVERYONE's opinions. Again, I apologize if I hurt your feelings, because that's as far removed as I am as a person as possible. (Reality-show commentary notwithstanding.)

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

BunnySlippers, I was trying to be affectionate! I apologize if you thought I was trying to be condescending toward you, since that was never my intent nor in my makeup. (I use hunnybunny as an endearment in RL.)

I should be more careful here, I acknowledge that. Of course, I respect your and EVERYONE's opinions. Again, I apologize if I hurt your feelings, because that's as far removed as I am as a person as possible. (Reality-show commentary notwithstanding.)

Thank you, I appreciate that, and I do feel better now. I'm glad we cleared it up. You can call me hunnybunny all you want from now on, LOL. *hugs* :)

It definitely is interesting to read all the different opinions and to look at these issues from different perspectives. I respect everyone's opinions as well and I have learnt some things during these conversations, too! :)

• Love 1

I paid special attention to Neil's "I am committed --to getting a divorce" announcement. It was edited to sound callous.

See the previews for the six-month reunion? Ashley's makeup is on stun-gun level 18. She thinks she's on a Jamie Otis star trajectory.

I am still in shock at the amount of makeup she is wearing in the previews! I think you are onto something with the mention of Jamie Otis! I think Jamie did Ashley's makeup! Full fake spider lashes, lipstick, and oh so much more. It wasn't long enough to tell for sure but maybe Jamie also bleached Ashely's teeth to a completely unnatural glow in the dark shark white, too? Oh well, no matter what Jamie did she would have her work cut out for her doingAshley's makeup; there is no way to hide dead cold fish eyes with makeup. Jamie probably said "did you want to try some tanner?" And Ashley's response would be "ummmmmm.....uhhhhhhh I can't answer that right now" or "ummmmm I am just not comfortable answering that"

• Love 7

If being completely honest, after what we've seen of Sam, who here would really have told Sam alone, beforehand, that you wanted a divorce?

The victim of the abuse should not be blamed for the path he chose to get out of the abusive relationship. 

• Love 13

Umh, Tres and Vanessa probaby won't make it. It's kinda obvious from their social media interactions but during the reunion there couldn't have been much more space between them, she cried in between and mentioned something about a very nasty row. 

• Love 4

After reading this interview http://nypost.com/2016/03/01/married-at-first-sight-neil-and-sam-react-to-dramatic-finale/

it seemed that neither of them though Neil was being cruel in the way he gave his decision. Sam acknowledged that she suspected he was going to ask for divorce and Neil claims that he told her wasn't sure and was think about it up to decision day.  But this interview really implies that they were not together at the reunion.

Is it just me or does it sound like Sam still hasn't given up hope? Neil's making it very clear they're friends and nothing more, but Sam's tone is very different. Be careful, Neil!

• Love 3

That NY Post article was very interesting. Neil definitely has that detached, analytical thing going and he sounds like he is being as honest as he can about his feelings without being cruel. For example, that Sam became more attracted to him while he became less attracted.

Sam sounded so normal and sincere in that interview. Is this just part of a mood swing? It's hard to believe that someone changed so much in a relatively short time, but if she did more power to her.

I didn't care for the way Neil delivered the news but I wonder about editing too. Or perhaps if he was asked something like "Neil, you've said all along that you are committed to the marriage. What is your decision?" Then he says "I am committed...to getting a divorce." It doesn't sound so harsh that way. But maybe there was no editing and he had just run out of f**ks to give.

• Love 2

Is it just me or does it sound like Sam still hasn't given up hope? Neil's making it very clear they're friends and nothing more, but Sam's tone is very different. Be careful, Neil!

for me, the article actually confirms they are together. the entire season Neil kept reminding us that he wanted his marriage partner to be his BFF, so if him and Sam are now BFF's that would mean he's ok with her now, is seeing her as a close friend, and they may be together. there is nothing at all in the article to point to them being apart, it's completely ambiguous and able to be read both ways. 

and how many of us let our dad's stay super close friends with our ex-boyfriends and tweet lovely stuff about them on SM? that's a clue for us right there that he's involved in their lives. if he'd really dumped Sam for good (and harshly), why would her dad love him? her dad and her are super close, so I don't think he'd be loving on Neil. imo.

I am still in shock at the amount of makeup she is wearing in the previews! I think you are onto something with the mention of Jamie Otis! I think Jamie did Ashley's makeup! Full fake spider lashes, lipstick, and oh so much more. It wasn't long enough to tell for sure but maybe Jamie also bleached Ashely's teeth to a completely unnatural glow in the dark shark white, too? Oh well, no matter what Jamie did she would have her work cut out for her doingAshley's makeup; there is no way to hide dead cold fish eyes with makeup. Jamie probably said "did you want to try some tanner?" And Ashley's response would be "ummmmmm.....uhhhhhhh I can't answer that right now" or "ummmmm I am just not comfortable answering that"

Ashley looks like a dominatrix waiting to audition for the next installment of 50 Shades of Grey! Her "makeover" was obviously inspired by Jamie. Thank you Leanne for making me laugh this morning!

• Love 5
(edited)

Sounds more like Neil's giving Sam the stiff arm in the article. As in, she can do/say what she wants but he's holding a strong consistent boundary. I don't think he'll let her get to him again. It's good to see Neil get away from abuse and not go back.

Sam thinks if Neil accepts her back as a friend then she must not be that bad, right? It's all a game for her but he's got her figured out now and it ain't gonna work. He's gone, Sam.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 3

I wonder if there was more to the I am committed then we got. Such as he said something after it and then said he wanted the divorce and the editors did what they do for reality tv to cause the drama effect. Either way she knew there was a chance it was coming. I don't think she really was in it ever. Acting like she did at the last minute was to make it seem like she had changed her ways and people like her don't do that so quickly. I think her "trying" to make it work was a joke. If she had wanted to truly make a go and be in this like he was in the beginning then she wouldn't have been such a bitch or made everything about her. I saw why he shut down and didn't make the effort. I think if they had just been dating it would have ended the second she spewed her hate but because that wasn't the option for this show there was no way to do it. So he coasted along trying to do his best to not set her beast ass off. When you go over how she has been on SM she hasn't changed a single bit. Never will.

She is so full of it. Sorry but if she truly learned from things and about her behavior she wouldn't have been such a bitch all over SM still have the fact. The girl is nothing more then a narcissistic bully. Has she ever actually said to Neil she was truly sorry for things and meant it? Doubt it. She hasn't learned one thing from this show about her bad behavior. And I wish we would see more of the talks these couples have leading up to the decision day because it seems only certain ones are shown and not all so people assume the ones not shown never discussed it. 

for me, the article actually confirms they are together. the entire season Neil kept reminding us that he wanted his marriage partner to be his BFF, so if him and Sam are now BFF's that would mean he's ok with her now, is seeing her as a close friend, and they may be together. there is nothing at all in the article to point to them being apart, it's completely ambiguous and able to be read both ways. 

and how many of us let our dad's stay super close friends with our ex-boyfriends and tweet lovely stuff about them on SM? that's a clue for us right there that he's involved in their lives. if he'd really dumped Sam for good (and harshly), why would her dad love him? her dad and her are super close, so I don't think he'd be loving on Neil. imo.

I doubt they are BFFs. Friendly maybe but doubt they are that close. Same with the dad and him. I think she was sending stuff out at the last minute trying to act like she had changed when its not the case. Either that or she is even more insane then some of us have thought. I don't do SM but has her dad been doing tweets out on Neil or has it just been Sam? BTW, I am not to keen on her dad. He comes off a certain way to me the few times we saw him. 

BTW, let's just say for some insane reason my mother has been FB "friends" with people I went to school with and most I had stopped talking to either by the time I got to Jr high or at some point during those years or High school. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some ex in that mix considering she is in contact with a girl that threatened me in high school. These are people I have no reason to have contact with myself and BIG reasons I stay off SM aside from a few others. I find it all disturbing these sorts of things myself but then I have a wackjob mother so it figures. So with that its not impossible obviously for an ex to be on SM with the parent. Maybe either way the dad and Neil get along better then Sam and himself. Who knows. I just hope he would never EVER go back with that crazy bully. 

• Love 3

Tres and Vanessa never seemed to totally open up or else neither of them has a dynamic personality. I don't think they will make it past 2.5 years, if they make it to the reunion.

• Love 4

Sounds more like Neil's giving Sam the stiff arm in the article. As in, she can do/say what she wants but he's holding a strong consistent boundary. I don't think he'll let her get to him again. It's good to see Neil get away from abuse and not go back.

Sam thinks if Neil accepts her back as a friend then she must not be that bad, right? It's all a game for her but he's got her figured out now and it ain't gonna work. He's gone, Sam.

I definitely don't think they should try romance or marriage again.

But I do think it's possible this process caused her to change, although who knows whether it will last. I'm sure what her romantic history has been, but my guess would be that a difficult person like her could have first dates that never lead to second or third dates, or dates that never lead to relationships, etc. I would imagine that when that happened in the past she just blamed it on the guy and never really had to see the consequences of her behavior.

Basically what she has heard from Neil is that her behavior and attitude were so bad that it turned him off to her, so much so that even when she had a change of heart it didn't matter.

She seems to realize that she deserved it.

Of course social media suggests that she hasn't turned it around completely. But I do think maybe she learned something.

• Love 5

It would be nice if Sam really did learn and really did change, but I have someone in my immediate family like Sam and things are good for a while, and then they aren't. And that unpredictable behavior in the recipe for a healthy marriage. 

I do feel bad for Neil with the reactions he's getting via social media. People are disappointed in him, think he's a quitter. 

• Love 3

They kept showing them (at least, it seemed like them) holding hands during decision time in the previews, but tonight I didn't see it. Did I miss it? Were they actually holding hands?

I didn't either which is why I'm so annoyed at how the show kept showing them holding hands in previews. When did they get a shot of that? Were they told to hold hands for that particular teaser? Or were they really holding hands prior to being asked/interviewed by the experts? Sheesh, it's all so contrived. 

• Love 1

It would be nice if Sam really did learn and really did change, but I have someone in my immediate family like Sam and things are good for a while, and then they aren't. And that unpredictable behavior in the recipe for a healthy marriage. 

I do feel bad for Neil with the reactions he's getting via social media. People are disappointed in him, think he's a quitter. 

Obviously people that either are like her, fell for her pity me and I've changed act or have never dealt with someone like her in their life (lucky them). I'm sure there are others that don't fall in those reasons but I think some need to look at the big picture and see she is the same as she was when the show started and I will bet the way she was well before the show. There is no getting anywhere with someone like her. Its a shame they don't see its not quitting but keep yourself sane and whole by getting away from that kind of person. People like them don't change easily, if at all. Imagine trying to tell this kind of person they should seek help? Oh boy would they turn it on you in a second and make you think you have a problem instead. I wonder if people like this ever do change and see the damage they left over their lives? I know the ones I have dealt with and lived with haven't and only gotten worse as they got older so I'm curious if this is just how it is normally. Which if so then he is better off getting away and saving his sanity before it was to late. 

• Love 4
(edited)

And, seriously, what about the sexual component of a healthy marriage? Why are SM Sam supporters ignoring that? Yes, I realize that Sam's dash-cam display on the way home from Savannah a couple of episodes ago was meant to signal to the MAFS audience that Sam was ready for intimacy with Neil, but I didn't buy that at all. Up until then, she acted like Neil had cooties. Sex with Neil was never on her agenda.

And I think Neil's interest in a potential sex life with Sam ended around the time she contorted down the aisle and acted like a complete ass at the altar.

So the idiots expressing disappointment in Neil's decision are not being realistic in the least.

In the same vein, David's pseudo-hopefulness that Ash was about to say yes was absolutely ridiculous. Did he not expect sex in his marriage? And, if so, exactly when did he expect the Ashley metamorphosis into a woman who could bear sitting next to him, let alone a woman who was ready to schtupp his brains out?

Holy guacamole!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 4

And, seriously, what about the sexual component of a healthy marriage? Why are SM Sam supporters ignoring that? Yes, I realize that Sam's dash-cam display on the way home from Savannah a couple of episodes ago was meant to signal to the MAFS audience that Sam was ready for intimacy with Neil, but I didn't buy that at all. Up until then, she acted like Neil had cooties. Sex with Neil was never on her agenda.

And I think Neil's interest in a potential sex life with Sam ended around the time she contorted down the aisle and acted like a complete ass at the altar.

So the idiots expressing disappointment in Neil's decision are not being realistic in the least.

In the same vein, David's pseudo-hopefulness that Ash was about to say yes was absolutely ridiculous. Did he not expect sex in his marriage? And, if so, exactly when did he expect the Ashley metamorphosis into a woman who could bear sitting next to him, let alone a woman who was ready to schtupp his brains out?

Holy guacamole!

Agreed. David and cold hard reality have never met and shaken hands, apparently.

• Love 4

Guess it was forgotten about how she was telling him, in only the way Sam could, that he had clammy hands. She didn't even want to touch his hands or have them touch her it came off. So if he has such clammy hands as she claimed I can't imagine her wanting him touching her in bed. The thought of her with anyone in that way is just gross really though. That whole car thing was her trying to play the "see I changed" game and was so awkward and gross IMO. As well the fact of how she got in his face after taking her seatbelt off while he is trying to drive. I can't imagine what man would have found her attractive the way she came down the aisle or even more so when she was suppose to be eating. Heck most toddlers behave better then she did for meals. 

• Love 4