Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Being color BLIND doesn't make sense.  The thing is that yes, you do see the color, but it doesn't matter.  To say I don't see color is just bullshit IMO.  To say you see it but it doesn't matter, makes more sense to me.  

I think you're getting into semantics here.  When I say "color blind" I don't mean the BS version, just that I see it but it doesn't matter.

Okay folks, I linked to the Race and Ethnicity thread. This is the spoiler thread. Let's talk about spoilers. Going forward, other posts may be deleted according to my sense of their relevance.

Thanks.

• Love 2
According to Pepper on the Matchmaking episode, Dave is 5'9" so Ashley must be VERY petite if her first impression of him was, "oooo, he's really tall!"

Is he wearing shoes that increase his height? Looking at the photo in the article, Dave's shoes seem to curl up, not exactly flat to the floor? But I have no expertise to judge.

I agree that Ashley's interview seems boilerplate. I'm sure the cast's contracts are strict on what can be said during interviews before the big six-week reveals, as well as which outlets actually get those interviews.

• Love 1

I understood that Tres' black side of the family could not accept the white wife (his mother) and they divorced. I did not hear she abandoned him.

You understood incorrectly as did the writer of the show summary on this site. Tres' mother's family did not accept his dad. She left when he was 3 (which he referred to in the Weddings episode) and took his sister with her because she is visually assumed to be white. Tres' father and specifically his aunt raised him. In fact, he introduced her to Vanessa as his mom.

Edited by red12
  • Love 2

Sam sure seemed very happy on Twitter last night, even when she was being shown to be cray cray so either (1) she's together with Neil still or (2) since all this happened months ago she's over him & the experience and has moved on.    I'm sorta leaning towards #1 but I guess we really can't tell from their public accounts since social media is being heavily monitored this time around.

• Love 1

There are so many signs pointing towards Tres and Vanessa possibly still being together. Their tweets, retweets and liked tweets say a lot. Very different from the twitter accounts of the season 2 cast. They definitely seem to have a few bumps along the way but then again, don't all marriages? Neither wants to hurt the other since they both have been through past hurtful events and have become in my opinion better people because of them. They are definitely compatible. It's a matter of figuring out where those compatibility pieces fit together. I have a good feeling about them.

I also have a good feeling about Sam and Neil. Sam's dad tweeted Neil last night and called him "son" in the tweet. They are either together or really close divorcees.

I still have mixed feelings about David and Ashley. It's difficult to read where their relationship stands. Ashley barely tweets unlike David. But who knows? Ashley's mom follows David on twitter.

• Love 1

That's why I said indirectly

Hmmm, well if you figured it out to mean they aren't together...I would think A&E would be watching the site rather closely.  Is it possible for you to post the FB post here?  At least the text? Thanks!

I haven't read anything written by Ashley's mother, but I did read a post by a woman identifying herself as David's mom. I originally read it on the site she actually posted on, but I can neither remember nor find that first source.

However, http://starcasm.net/archives/335998 quotes that particular post.

Mother Norton is careful in what she says, but she asserts that her son really wanted to get married, while she believes Ashley did the show for the money because she's unemployed. That's the kind of indirect statement, I think, that could possibly portend a breakup, reading between the lines.

HOWEVER, we can't know if that post was actually written by Mother, or by a poseur trying to make trouble. Some of the really bad stuff on the net accusing Dave of criminal acts and moral failings seem like sour grapes to me because big stuff like that really should show up on the show's own background checks.

• Love 1

I don't know, gimi. But World Famous International Authority and Expert on Everything Dr Joseph did make special mention of background checks during the Matchmaking episode.

From a liability standpoint, the production company has got to be concerned with making sure known sexual predators, for example, don't make it through the vetting, right? Same goes for financial con artists wanting to raid bank accounts of lonely men and women. Production has to care about lawsuits even if it really doesn't care about its contestants' well-being?

Who knows?

• Love 4

Man, I thought you were kidding but Google bears it out! Before the Tinder era, the authorities blamed Craigslist for the same thing.

Can we blame an app for people not taking precautions? Heh.

Edited by girlplease
  • Love 1

From the MAFS facebook page (this is about Tres):

Angela Avant I know him personally, he worked for my late husband and I have only known him to date white women. All his friends and co workers are white and that's who he hangs out with. She is drop dead gorgeous so I hope he does right by her. She seems to have a tender heart. I hope!!!

Also from the MAFS FB Page

Lemelia Johnson Bonner SPOILER ALERT: I overheard a friend of Tres' conversation this evening that leads me to believe he and Vanessa are still very much a couple.

I am all sorts of confused about this rumor still.....

Edited by moonxyz

So Neil and Sam are definitely still together. Sam's dad likes a lot of things on Neil twitter page and calls him son. Very positive sign

'RoleBob

@Neil_MAFS I said it then, and i will say it again..you are a class act son. Well done. :)'

I am not so hopeful about Ashley and David. Though his sisters seem excited about the show. She asked people to watch the show.

Erica Snyder wrote

Carrie Norton look at these nice comments about david!!!! I'm blessed to know you 2 personally!!

Carrie NOrton wrote

Thanks everyone! be sure to tune in!

Edited by ctbabe

So Neil and Sam are definitely still together. Sam's dad likes a lot of things on Neil twitter page and calls him son. Very positive sign

'RoleBob

@Neil_MAFS I said it then, and i will say it again..you are a class act son. Well done. :)'

Yeah either Neil & Sam are still happily together or they and their families are doing a big con job on social media.   

Since I totally misread Jaclyn & Basement Ryan on social media last season, I'm very skeptical but there is something different about Sam/Neil's tweets at this point.

I do believe at least two couples agreed to stay married at the end, since they're already casting for season 4 in Miami. If they had two total disasters back to back then would they even continue with the show? Though people seem to tune in despite the disaster that was season 2, so maybe they would.

• Love 2

I think people are trying to decide if season 2 was an outlier bad season or was season 1 an outlier good season (though I still do not believe in Doug and Jamie's relationship).  Season 3 will really be the one to tip the scales one way or another.

I also think there is extra motivation since it is far more lucrative to stay together as a couple then divorce, at least for a few years.  We know that the show "Married at First Sight:First Year" is desperate for new blood.

• Love 5

I don't watch in hopes of anyone staying or not staying together. The interactions are what's interesting to me, regardless of the outcome. My only hope is that maybe by season 8, the brides finally won't be fainting in the aisles.

For reality shows, "spoilers" to me generally means "unfounded rumors and gossip."

Dave is the co-worker of a good friend of mine and I had lunch last week with a group that included Dave and Ashley, so I know for a fact that they're still together. They looked very relaxed and happy!

See? Like that.

• Love 5

I honestly believe Tres and Vanessa are still together! Their tweets scream "we're together". Also, someone commented underneath one of Tres' pic on Instagram asking "where's the wife" ? He responded with, "we're at different parties tonight...#guysnight"...

Edited by DoctorAJ15

I honestly believe Tres and Vanessa are still together! Their tweets scream "we're together". Also, someone commented underneath one of Tres' pic on Instagram asking "where's the wife" ? He responded with, "we're at different parties tonight...#guysnight"...

I never believe anything on Twitter.  UP until the very end of season 2 Jessica and Ryan were playing that same game. It's contractual to put up appearances to not spoil the ending.

• Love 2

I thought I really wanted the three couples this year to succeed.  However, I am now getting a little bummed about the spoilers about Sam and Neil being together.  I think he might have settled on this nut job, when he deserved better, as he seems like a really good guy.  However, we are only three episodes in, so Sam has plenty of time to redeem himself in the eyes of the audience.

• Love 1

I never believe anything on Twitter. UP until the very end of season 2 Jessica and Ryan were playing that same game. It's contractual to put up appearances to not spoil the ending.

I also happen to follow Tres' sister on Instagram and she recently promoted Vanessa's online site and called her sister-in-law in the caption. I know that it's contractual to put up appearances to not spoil the ending but I don't think Tres and Vanessa are. It seems very legitimate.

• Love 1

I thought I really wanted the three couples this year to succeed.  However, I am now getting a little bummed about the spoilers about Sam and Neil being together.  I think he might have settled on this nut job, when he deserved better, as he seems like a really good guy.  However, we are only three episodes in, so Sam has plenty of time to redeem himself in the eyes of the audience.

Yeah I'm starting to be on the "free Neil" train but then I remember the editing can be all over the place so maybe Sam IS a good match for him.  Only he knows what is best so I'm willing to give them a chance as a couple.

The beating she is taking on Twitter from random people is a very, very, very good lesson to all those aspire to be on TV.   Be careful for what you wish for as once you put yourself out there, even on a barely watched cable TV show, your actions will be under the microscope and people will say mean things to you.   Which always perplexes me as no matter how annoying I find her actions, I'd never, ever post negative stuff on her twitter feed.  Why do people do that!? 

• Love 7

I too feel that Sam is has been pretty remorseful on Twitter about her actions and I do like that about her.  And I even found myself clicking the little heart on one of her tweets last night and I never do that.  Maybe its my pollyann-ish side that pops up from time to time that wants to see the best in everyone that made me do that!

Something must change in the coming six weeks for her if she is holding his hand and boo-hooing about if he leaves it will be all her fault and she deserves it.  For a story board, that's a pretty interesting one and I'm curious to see how it goes.

• Love 1

Yeah I'm starting to be on the "free Neil" train but then I remember the editing can be all over the place so maybe Sam IS a good match for him.  Only he knows what is best so I'm willing to give them a chance as a couple.

The beating she is taking on Twitter from random people is a very, very, very good lesson to all those aspire to be on TV.   Be careful for what you wish for as once you put yourself out there, even on a barely watched cable TV show, your actions will be under the microscope and people will say mean things to you.   Which always perplexes me as no matter how annoying I find her actions, I'd never, ever post negative stuff on her twitter feed.  Why do people do that!? 

The anonymity of the internet encourages rudeness methinks.  I remember feeling bad for most all of the participants in Season 2 because of the beating they would get whenever they posted to their FB pages. That may be why none of them are using FB this time around.

• Love 1