Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: You Can Get Out of This!

• Start Topic

Heading into their second week of marriage, five couples adjust to daily life together while also seeking the advice of friends and family they haven't seen since marrying their stranger spouses.

Airs September 2, 2020.

I think it’s selfish of Amelia to try out for this show knowing she most likely has to relocate weeks after the wedding. That’s completely unfair to anyone! Did she assume her mate would follow her or they’d do long distance? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Henry hates Christina.

I think the feeling is mutual.

They obviously don't like each other at best. I don't really know why ChristinA keeps complaining about Henry not moving on her. It's like she just wants to get laid.

And Woody just said it. LOL

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

That gang up on Henry in the kitchen was horrible. I wish at least one of them had thrown him a lifeline. Who was the dark headed guy next to a Henry that acted like a condescending prick? He must be a relative. 
Christina would probably make fun of Henry during sex if he was even able to get a hard-on for her. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

That gang up on Henry in the kitchen was horrible. I wish at least one of them had thrown him a lifeline. Who was the dark headed guy next to a Henry that acted like a condescending prick? He must be a relative. 

I felt so sorry for him. You could tell he was completely uncomfortable. Geez people, lay off the guy! 

• Love 13

Bless Henry’s heart, he’s trying as hard as he can to remain a gentleman and wait out the clock until he never has to see this bitch again. I don’t blame him either.  He may be a little boring and one-note to the naked eye, but I have this feeling that he’s the type of person whose personality blossoms when he’s completely comfortable with someone and not a moment before.  There’s something in there, but Christina damn sure isn’t getting it out of him.  She’s the kind of woman who is accustomed to men fawning all over her and her “high-klass” tastes and it pisses her off and confuses her that Henry isn’t.  Give it time, buddy; you got this!

Also, Christina, your friends seem annoying.  And Bennett’s female friend totally has feelings for him.  And I just like Woody.  He seems like fun.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 21

Dang Henry👀

But I get it; he was really trying to be cordial and I get his type of personality. He's the kind of person who will not say anything unless you *really* push them. And I don't know if he dislikes Christina, but he certainly does not like the persona that she's been putting on with production/this show. He's saying 'impatient' but what he really means is rude. They really should have matched him with someone mellow and lowkey like him; you maybe not as much drama as what we would have liked but it would have made *much more sense than Christina.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Woody must have let Bennett dress him on Unfiltered, he’s wearing a pink suit. At least it’s clean, I’m cringing wondering what the brown stuff on Bennett’s shirt is. 

I’m cringing that his foot looked dirty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Between the million commercials and the stupid games, this episode was blah.  I’m happy Henry opened up a little, but I doubt they will do it.  I don’t like Pastor Cal asking all those personal questions about sex.  Let them go with the flow.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Brett could have saved .03 cents if he would have put less cheese on that asparagus. Can’t believe he was so extravagant with his sprinkling. 

I could NEVER live with a guy that was so cheap.  I believe in saving, but not to that extent.  I’m surprised he bought steak.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m gonna need Amelia to find the shampoo.

I think “I wish she would brush her hair” at least once an episode. Her hair looks clean to me (it’s shiny) but she looks very unkempt.

• Love 9

I will bet my next paycheck on the fact that Christina’s big “secret” question next week is to ask Henry if he’s gay.  Because any man who isn’t chasing after her with his tongue hanging out must be gay, right?

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 11

Geez, Christina can’t even get through a cooking session without bitching about no butter, the stove and this isn’t going to work and asking producers for questions to ask and then huffing off  

Henry said the camera makes him very uncomfortable so maybe he’s less awkward when he is in a more natural setting without someone who can’t go five minutes without expressing displeasure over something. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

13 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I will bet my next paycheck on the fact that Christina’s big “secret” question next week is to ask Henry if he’s gay.  Because any man who isn’t chasing after her with his tongue hanging out must be gay, right?

I was kinda wondering the same though

30 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

I get what you are saying, but Henry is really losing me. In the Briggs Meyers personality test I score 10 out of 10 on the introvert scale, so I get people who are better listeners than talkers, but I just can't with him. He can barely put a sentence together when interacting with Christina. It's painful to watch and probably worse to deal with in real life. Maybe it is that he just really doesn't like her, but so far I haven't seen anything from him that resembles a personality. Christina isn't a patient person, but Henry isn't giving her anything to work with, IMO.

I get where you coming from; as an introvert too I couldn't do this show lol. Plus he might be getting a bad edit because if we learned tonight that  Henry will share when he's ready. We work better when it's one to one and not on display. That being said introverted folks can shine when it's the right person. this show has had plenty of introverts who've been on and done well. I agree that this was not a great match; I don't know why the experts rationalize  the "opposites attract" theory.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Geez, Christina can’t even get through a cooking session without bitching about no butter, the stove and this isn’t going to work and asking producers for questions to ask and then huffing off  

Henry said the camera makes him very uncomfortable so maybe he’s less awkward when he is in a more natural setting without someone who can’t go five minutes without expressing displeasure over something. 

They are not for each other.  That was cruel on her part.  She should have made the best, ride it out, then get the divorce.  She made him a wreck.  I blame the experts.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I could NEVER live with a guy that was so cheap.  I believe in saving, but not to that extent.  I’m surprised he bought steak.

I was thinking that too !! I was shocked he bought steak . 

I’m similar to Olivia . I save and can be cheap to an extent  , but I want to spend my money on experiences / different outings . I definitely can be a homebody too , but I need a good balance . I feel like going out for some type of entertainment and going on vacations is a big  part of building memories together . I enjoy this show , but it’s a ridiculous concept. The beauty of dating is getting to know each other’s likes and dislikes and seeing if that’ll work for you both long term . Brett and Olivia have already decided to be legally tied to each other without knowing anything about the other , and it’s not working for either of them . 
bretts a huge cheapskate and I feel for Olivia because I could never be married to someone like that . 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I was thinking that too !! I was shocked he bought steak . 

I’m similar to Olivia . I save and can be cheap to an extent  , but I want to spend my money on experiences / different outings . I definitely can be a homebody too , but I need a good balance . I feel like going out for some type of entertainment and going on vacations is a big  part of building memories together . I enjoy this show , but it’s a ridiculous concept. The beauty of dating is getting to know each other’s likes and dislikes and seeing if that’ll work for you both long term . Brett and Olivia have already decided to be legally tied to each other without knowing anything about the other , and it’s not working for either of them . 
bretts a huge cheapskate and I feel for Olivia because I could never be married to someone like that . 

Brett is nauseating.  She’s a nurse and works hard.  She deserves some R&R.  He’ll only get worse as time goes by.  His attitude sucks too.

• Love 12

I feel so torn with who’s worse with Christina and Henry because they are both such nightmares . It’s clear that Henry has a lot of social anxiety , but someone like Christina does not help ease someone’s anxiety . She’s so rude and goes from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds . She’s just a very nasty person . However , I’d truly love to watch paint dry more than be left alone in a room with Henry . He gives nothing and I don’t know if he’d be much different with anyone else . He doesn’t make any conversation , ask any questions , nada . They’re both just in need of a lobotomy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

It’s awkward watching Henry and ChristinA trying to interact. He is obviously uncomfortable in front of the cameras and probably feels like ChristinA is attacking him as well as the production crew which she is because she’s frustrated. I don’t know why they both don’t just pack it in and be done with it. Unless they’ve signed a contract. 

This was another massive fail on the part of the experts but Henry should have never applied for this type of thing in the first place. He seems to have some female friends who could have set him up with someone more compatible. 

• Love 12

Unfiltered: Bennett, Woody, Karen and JamieO

Bennett’s essence just tickles Woody looking resplendent in his Hubba Bubba pink suit.

Chucklefest about the vast amounts of clothes and shoes the cast have amassed.
30 minutes that dragged on and on.....

• Love 7

I am starting to understand why the editors appear to dislike ChristinA.  “Is that a cut? What do we do now because I am running out of questions?”  I have a feeling she is a pain in the ass and isn’t taking this seriously.  I can’t help but wonder if they really lived together.

Try, try as hard as he might, Brett can’t hide his disdain for Olivia.  I liked her suggestion of using some of the money she saved by eating at home for entertainment.   

• Love 11