Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: You Can Get Out of This!

• Start Topic

Haven’t read all the posts, but, if Karen doesn’t want to get hurt, she shouldn’t have come on the show.  Besides, she’s too particular with everything.  A man has to be comfortable in his home, not worry if things aren’t just so.  The guy is a nice guy.  Stop picking on him and enjoy.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Brett was just making the point that they could have steak, at home, for a reasonable cost instead of dining at a 10 star restaurant. He's my kind of guy. 

Olivia is just a snob. Didn't like her disgusted comment about his house being a tiny house like Bennett's either. Yeah, it's not huge, but was her rental huge?

I thought Brett was the snob because he acted like Olivia was stupid for renting while he, King Brett owns his own money pit house.  He's to snippy and sarcastic, to me it translates as nasty.  Can't the man be kind?  Doesn't seem so.

If Christina learned everything about relationships from watching movies, then that explains a lot of her behavior.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

I have a hard time picturing Christina as a flight attendant. Don’t you have to be at least a little bit pleasant? (Granted, some flights I’ve been on, makes me wonder) She can’t hide her disdain for the littlest thing so I can just see her rolling her eyes if you asked for more water. She is looking for something to be wrong in every single thing. This isn’t right, that isn’t right. I can absolutely blame her for her own behavior. That’s part of being an adult. We all have a choice in how we react and her default is to be a bitch. 

• Love 14

Have we ever had a cast member pop up on social media during the season not turn out to have acted a fool at some point in the experiment? Taylor, Brandon, Michael for sure. Now I’ve seen Brett in a few places 🤣

• Love 2

Don't like either Penny-Pincher Brett or Dullard Henry (who has friend-zoned Christina because he refuses to re-consider his cursory judgment of "impatient"). 

Like Miles. 

Really like Bennett and Amelia as a couple. It truly seems that each has found the perfect other. 

ADORE Woody! He's insightful, funny, and kind!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Did someone here say Olivia told Brett the zoo was "free"?  If she did that's not true of any zoo we've ever visited (& it's been several). They have to feed & care for the animals with something.

St. Louis Zoo is free, as is Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. They do exist! They sell memberships, merchandise, and have fundraisers, and certain experiences within the zoo cost money. But they do exist. The zoo in NOLA is not free though, so I don't know what she is talking about. A friend of mine calls PetCo "The Redneck Zoo" because her kids love to go and look at the fish and small animals there, lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Each week the hatred for Brett increases on this forum. I don't get it. What has he done that is so egregious outside of the two of them being SO different?

Long live Brett (and, no, I'm not a member of Brett's family)

I have felt like after Luke, Zach and Brandon everyone was looking for this year's villain and decided it would be Brett on day 1.  I'd take Brett all day long over the 2 douchebag kings and the drunken asshole.

7 hours ago, JapMo said:

No one would be a good spouse for Henry (no, not even Olivia...yikes, that would be an awful pairing).  

But Olivia just wants a "plus one" and Henry seems to have a lot of experience doing that with his ladyfriends 😄 

5 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

The best so far this episode were:

Bennet: "I have no business playing this game."🤣

Brett friend: "QVC still exists??" (Me: LoL i know, right?) 

My favorite was Brett saying Pastor Cal just came over to stir up shit 😄 

4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

On Unfiltered, which is mostly just so boring, Karen is very pretty but way overdressed.  And granted I don't understand or give a damn about fashion but I just can't with Woody & that pink suit, sorry but holy crap!  Then Bennett says he "doesn't have that kind of energy" - to put into fashion - but he somehow does have enough energy to dress like a half rate clown. Maybe he saves energy by his lack of attention to hygiene.

It takes way more energy to affix a mask over the back of your head with a hat and a hoodie than it does to put on a pink suit 😄 

3 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Nice of Dr. Viviana to make a 5 second cameo this episode 🙄

Her job each season is to show up a few times in that pink dress and announce, "Typically couples do _____, but OUR couples were STRANGERS when they married so _____". Nice job if you can get it 😄 

I think Henry is turned off by Christina's rudeness and dissatisfaction to everyone and with everything.  I am friends with a married couple who are fine in people's houses, but I won't go to a restaurant with them anymore because they are so embarrassingly rude to the staff - makes me want to just crawl under the table!  I feel like I see little glimpses of personality in him from time to time, including when you can see him physically trying to keep his eyeballs from rolling when Christina is annoyed about yet another thing.  I was more on her side un til their conversation this evening: first, when she asked him to tell a funny story about his youth and he said he fought with his brother a lot.  Possible response:  "Really?  What was the worst fight you've ever had?"  Christina's response:  "That's really what you want me to know" (said with a sneer).  But then when he asked her what her favorite food her mother cooked for her, she had the gall to say she didn't know!  Which is a total Henry response that she doesn't like!  And then of course berated him for asking her a bad question.  So I'm Team Henry, for this episode at least 😄 

• Love 14

Henry actually spoke back to Christiana and stated that he would never in 10,000 years sign up for this.  Yet, he did.  So, his issue is really with whomever convinced him to sign up for this show even though he never would in 10,000 years (and yet he did...).  He may have stated in "1,000 years" but that's still a lot of years (and yet he did...).  So, it's on him if he signed up even though he didn't want to sign up.

Christina was rude in not answering what was one of her favorite childhood memories (after not being able to identify her favorite memory).  And then she turned it back on Henry with how superficial that question was.  There are reasons that neither one of them should have signed up for this experience.  I think they both had their "perfect" somebody in mind and the reality is not matching the image.

Bennett and Amelia are not getting their deposit back.  They not only did not have something under the mural cloth (and the painting went to the very edge so it seems reasonable to assume the carpet or floor actually got painted as well as the mural), but they nailed good size nails into the wall.  I know Bennett said that he has an immature relationship with finances, but they were not in his detached bedroom but rather someone else's property.  Oh, and some of their friends actually brush their hair.  And, it looked like in one interview that Amelia had cut her hair.

Loved Amani and Woody and hope that doesn't change.

I think that both Olivia and Brett are laying their own groundwork for why their relationship will end.  In reality, they never should have been matched if he wants children and she doesn't.

I don't know about Karen and Miles.  It seems like she has secret "tests" that he has to pass or something.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m gonna need Amelia to find the shampoo.  She always looks so unkempt. I would not be pleased if my Dr walked in looking like that.

During one TH Amelia definitely showed a new haircut with some style! I think she agreed with you! 😄 💇

• Love 3
19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Bennett’s friend Miranda hates, really hates that Amelia has changed him so quickly.

She is hurt and confused by his willingness to abandon and leave their friend group, Forsake their performing group, up rooting his established personal and professional life for a stranger...a person Miranda, one of Benny’s closest friends doesn’t know...if Miranda is such a good friend then why wasn’t she at the wedding?
Miranda was in on the original plan...that Bennett would walk away from MAFS at the end of the 8 weeks because this was going to be an Outrageous absurdist performance for him...

So why is Bennett making noises that he has real feelings for his teevee bride?

Miranda’s genuine concern tells me that Bennett did not expect to have actual connection with his match.

She also takes a swipe at the part of town he is living because of free MAFS housing...Super snotty "I don't get over to this part of town" which mean that area must be repellent to the creative, arty farty types....even Bennett was wary of living in a button down area but the granite countertops (bragging to his mom a milestone ), indoor plumbing and kitchen rendered him giddily delerious.

Amelia is in awe that Bennett exceeded her wildest dreams.
Her face softens and her eyes twinkle when she talks about him.

Lovely.

Wait; WHAT?!  When was this "original plan" (to deceptively marry a trusting young woman, albeit a stranger) mentioned?!

Or is this some Internet theory?

And maybe, just maybe, Bennett didn't feel like running his life choices past this particular friend, knowing/intuiting her feelings for him. He wants to be with quirky, intelligent, creative AMELIA.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Racj82 said:

That's a bunch a hooey. I would expect that casting in this city would be for people staying in this city. This process is already a lot. But, now I got to move away from family for someone I've known weeks. Nah.

And with me personally, my mom had one her legs amputated above the knee. She lives on her own but I'm the only one who's always there making sure she has everything. I would have to uproot her too, which is unfair to her. These are things you should be thinking about when you sign on the show. Not just doing things for funsies.

You don't have to move.  Move if you want to.  Move if you fell in love.  Stay if you want.  Olivia did not get her perfect match and she's probably not going to move across town.  Nobody is making you do anything except stay off social media and not divorcing before eight weeks. That's all you're being forced to do and that's because you signed a contract to get married at first sight.  You don't have to stay together to say nothing of move.  

Amelia and BENNETT are perfect match they want to be together very very much.  They didn't match Amelia with someone that didn't have employment that wasn't mobile.  He is welcome to stay in his shed w/o a kitchen or bathroom.  If TPTB followed your rules, Amelia and Bennett would not be deliriously happy.  I predict that they will be one of the most successful marriages of the franchise.  I predicted that they were a perfect match the day they announced the matches.

If you had been longing to be loved and loved and dreaming of being in a happy marriage and you found it, your mother might be delighted for you.  She might be very willing to move to support you living your dream.  

• Love 9

So Henry finds ChristinA rude, but thinks his Double, Double, Toil and Trouble Trio are genteel? 😒

Let's get real. "Impatient" or rude ain't the deal here. Henry simply doesn't share his wife's opinion of her irresistible desirability. I think  Henry is as egotistical as ChristinA, and that he believes he deserves a "10." 😁

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, JapMo said:

Henry is a good guy, but why did they pair him with Christina?  Where is the fit?  She's a world traveler (according to her) and he seems to have only been to his brother's house in another state.  From what she's said about herself, she's no stranger to sex, yet I've wondered since day one if Henry isn't still a virgin.  She's extroverted and doesn't mince words.  He's extremely shy and can barely carry on a conversation.  

I brought up the notion he maybe a virgin also. I think I saw more confidence in Henry he seemed a bit more comfortable in his own skin. I didn't notice any facial ticks this episode.

Clooney.JPG.c838c3d0810fa93c2078b7526df7dcfe.JPG

Tell me Henry doesn't look a bit like a younger George Clooney? If he's still a virgin he probably had to fight them off...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Cancun said:

And to those who are saying ChristinA’s rudeness came out of frustration over Henry, let us all remember her rude behavior to production BEFORE she even met Henry, before she went down the aisle. ChristinA is a stand-alone pain in the ass, she doesn’t need Henry in order to put it on full display.

I agree with those who say Henry is turned off by her rudeness to others, thus he has shut down any attempt to create a relationship.

THIS. 

I kinda fell for Henry this week when he talked about her impatience.  

Who knows what Henry would be like if he had someone kind, patient and fun. 

I mean, it would suck if you are paired with someone who doesn't talk much but maybe he saw right off what she's about.  

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Between the million commercials and the stupid games, this episode was blah.  I’m happy Henry opened up a little, but I doubt they will do it.  I don’t like Pastor Cal asking all those personal questions about sex.  Let them go with the flow.

Very boring. I will admit that I guess I love drama (lol) because this season is not so riveting for me and from the previews of upcoming episodes, I feel this is a pretty drama-free season. I didn't gasp at any of the season's upcoming shots when they showed them after the weddings. I'm hanging in though :-).

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Wait; WHAT?!  When was this "original plan" (to deceptively marry a trusting young woman, albeit a stranger) mentioned?!

Or is this some Internet theory?

And maybe, just maybe, Bennett didn't feel like running his life choices past this particular friend, knowing/intuiting her feelings for him. He wants to be with quirky, intelligent, creative AMELIA.

Me thinks Miranda is  letting her jealousy doing the talking and characterized Bennett's joining the cast as an absurdist performance...

Miranda is putting words in his mouth...

Beware of a woman with unrequited feels....

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I just do not understand the vitriol for Henry. Most of the people who sign up for this show shouldn't sign up. His issues are so much less than some of the other MF's who signed on for exposure & messed with someone's head, lying, cheating, gaslighting - we've seen some friggin' doozies! Henry seems like he's actually a decent guy stuck with a self-important-big-ass-rude-as-hell-horny-bully. ChristinA's defensive as hell because she feels she can do no wrong but in the meantime is being nasty to those around her just doing their jobs -& this says a lot about her in general as there's no excuse for that & it should turn anyone off. Brandon got absolute hell for that on the boards; somehow she gets a pass because Henry is quiet. Geez. If she's this bad during the episode I can't imagine what Henry is dealing with sans cameras. I was actually trying to give ChristinA the benefit of the doubt up to now, but after this last episode I just think she's a fucking bitch & would be sabotaging any marriage they put her into. No one will be good enough for Miss Perfect Queen Diva ChristineA. 👑 I really hope they both cut each other loose before decision day, or he just walks out on her. He'll be even more demonized but it'll be good for him & she needs to fall off her throne, hard.

Whew, that felt good. 😏

Most people are on Henry's side so I see no reason to defend. My issue with Henry is that he does not make for interesting, entertaining or watchable tv. Whether or not you should sign up to show to me is whatever. Of course, most of these people should not have signed up for the show. Henry shouldn't even be on tv. Anyone that clams up this much on camera is just waste of space from a filming standpoint. It's no judgement on him as a person. He's seems lovely. He does not make good tv. Being so boring that the 4th wall has to keep getting broken just to make a segment filmable just isn't good tv.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, JapMo said:

I don't think Brett is actually a cheapskate.  I enjoyed their quiet time before dinner entering her financial information into his spreadsheet.  I expected him to wince over every item, but he didn't judge except for her $40/month alarm bill...he seemed pretty surprised at that.  But here's the problem.......she wants to travel and travel a lot, and wants to do it first class.  Nothing wrong with that, but Brett had 4 siblings and his family went camping or something like that once a year, so he's good with continuing in that vein.   Olivia, to her credit, did try to compromise in last night's show, but I think they are just too far apart and even concessions here and there aren't really going to change that.  

On top of that, let's not forget she really doesn't want children, and he does.  That in itself is a marriage killer, and the fact they are so polar opposite on finances is the icing on a very bitter cake.  

Maybe if Olivia showed Brett the lifetime expense of raising a child......

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I brought up the notion he maybe a virgin also. I think I saw more confidence in Henry he seemed a bit more comfortable in his own skin. I didn't notice any facial ticks this episode.

Clooney.JPG.c838c3d0810fa93c2078b7526df7dcfe.JPG

Tell me Henry doesn't look a bit like a younger George Clooney? If he's still a virgin he probably had to fight them off...

Nah. On top of not really seeing it, Clooney excelled because of his charisma. That's what drew eyes to him. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Amelia and BENNETT are perfect match they want to be together very very much.  They didn't match Amelia with someone that didn't have employment that wasn't mobile.  He is welcome to stay in his shed w/o a kitchen or bathroom.  If TPTB followed your rules, Amelia and Bennett would not be deliriously happy.  I predict that they will be one of the most successful marriages of the franchise.  I predicted that they were a perfect match the day they announced the matches.

Bennett and Amelia find out her match 3 weeks after Bennett got Mirandized....

Corona virus shut down live performances in NOLA a week or two after Match Day.

Love in the Time of Covid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, princelina said:

It takes way more energy to affix a mask over the back of your head with a hat and a hoodie than it does to put on a pink suit 😄

Say it. And the pajama suit & those pants he's worn on Unfiltered couldn't have been found that easily. He definitely has energy for 'fashion' in some sense of the word LOL.

43 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Let's get real. "Impatient" or rude ain't the deal here. Henry simply doesn't share his wife's opinion of her irresistible desirability. I think  Henry is as egotistical as ChristinA, and that he believes he deserves a "10." 😁

There have been a lot of people come on this show & not get what they thought they deserved.  Henry did say he likes petite women... but as much as folks say he has no personality Christina is a nasty POW which is much worse IMO, so that would've slammed any potential attraction door shut, regardless. Even at the wedding he was trying to explain where his friends were & she was ignoring, being rude freaking out about her earrings. I've seen enough to believe this man has experienced a lot more of this behavior & worse behind the scenes from the start & has had it with her from the beginning for good reason. Henry needs someone to give him some life but that bitch would suck the life out of anyone. I doubt her constant impatience, finding fault with almost everything, & constant snapping at people would be much of a turn on for any man, no matter what his personality or type.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I was more on her side un til their conversation this evening: first, when she asked him to tell a funny story about his youth and he said he fought with his brother a lot.  Possible response:  "Really?  What was the worst fight you've ever had?"  Christina's response:  "That's really what you want me to know" (said with a sneer).  But then when he asked her what her favorite food her mother cooked for her, she had the gall to say she didn't know!  Which is a total Henry response that she doesn't like!  And then of course berated him for asking her a bad question.  So I'm Team Henry, for this episode at least 😄 

this ^^^^^^  He tried to answer her question, she just didn't like his answer and scorned his response. That makes introverts like me (and possibly Henry's type too) just SHUT DOWN. Then she didn't answer his question, so......... DONE.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

You don't have to move.  Move if you want to.  Move if you fell in love.  Stay if you want.  Olivia did not get her perfect match and she's probably not going to move across town.  Nobody is making you do anything except stay off social media and not divorcing before eight weeks. That's all you're being forced to do and that's because you signed a contract to get married at first sight.  You don't have to stay together to say nothing of move.  

If you had been longing to be loved and loved and dreaming of being in a happy marriage and you found it, your mother might be delighted for you.  She might be very willing to move to support you living your dream.  

Bennett can do what he wants and I'm sure at the end of the day he's happy to move. The show, itself, in my opinion shouldn't be casting people while there location isn't set. That's just my opinion. And I personally would move for the love of my life. But, I'm not for this experiment in this quick of a timeframe. Even if I'm falling for the woman. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Christina is vile. I can see why no one has ever given this nasty woman flowers. Not even a week old, half-off bouquet from Kroger. She's a sadist. 

Henry, dump her. And stay off of television because you're not ready honey.

Karen is not physically attracted to Miles and that's okay. He seems like a 'play-brother' type. Just doughy and sweet. I can imagine that he's been "too nice" for a number of women. Ladies, ya'll know what I mean. I was really surprised when Karen said she never lived with a man. I'd imagined her living with the cheating ex and that's why she's so 'traumatized'. This really makes me wonder if the ex who got another woman pregnant realized that he was "in a committed  relationship" with her. I wish he'd come forward..lol.  I find Karen to be nice, dull and a tad difficult to communicate with. In all honesty, I have little to no patience with her type of personality on a long-term basis. 

I feel that Amelia and Bennett play to the cameras a lot with all their quirkiness but I'm not mad at it. 

I like Amani the best this season. I hope she and Woody's dancin' azz go the distance.

Edited by karenbrady
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Most people are on Henry's side so I see no reason to defend. My issue with Henry is that he does not make for interesting, entertaining or watchable tv. Whether or not you should sign up to show to me is whatever. Of course, most of these people should not have signed up for the show. Henry shouldn't even be on tv. Anyone that clams up this much on camera is just waste of space from a filming standpoint. It's no judgement on him as a person. He's seems lovely. He does not make good tv. Being so boring that the 4th wall has to keep getting broken just to make a segment filmable just isn't good tv.

I think they're breaking the 4th wall to show ChristinA's bitchiness because she's pissing them off. They did the same several times with Brandon when he was obnoxious with them. We'd probably be seeing a very different side of Henry if it weren't for her obnoxious behavior. I'd shut down too - hell I think a ton of people who would actually be good TV would shut down around her. Either that or there'd be a ton of tension in other ways that would be hard to watch, because there's no way she'd make anyone happy to be around her with that attitude.

As for good TV, I'd take Henry any day over some of the other shitty people that have been particularly hard for me to watch on this show. But that is a matter of opinion.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:
  • The show wants:
  • 1 or 2 couples who have a good chance of making it.
  • 1 or 2 couples on the fence.
  • 1 or 2 couples who will be absolute train wrecks.

If it ever spilled out that they intentionally put couples together for drama this would be worse than the game show scandals in the 50's. Its not the least surprising that at least two out of 5 are unhappy or are bad matches. Often because they aren't sincere in the first place. Their are people who are really good at putting up a front and sensing what they want to hear. Some sign up to promote themselves. Marriage is hard for most people anyway because its a huge switch from being a committee of one to a committee of two. Often junior members come on board. That's something Olivia is missing because most people will tell you the best years of their life was or is raising a family from babies too young adults. Taking the kids to see the USA, birthday party's all the holidays mean so much more with your own brood. The real reason most people are happy is because you don't have time to think of yourself most of the day. At the end of a long day you and hubby can find sometime to be a couple again. 

Sorry bit of a soap box there.

56 minutes ago, karenbrady said:

Very boring. I will admit that I guess I love drama (lol) because this season is not so riveting for me and from the previews of upcoming episodes, I feel this is a pretty drama-free season. I didn't gasp at any of the season's upcoming shots when they showed them after the weddings. I'm hanging in though :-).

I'm not sure if I comment in here because I watched the show; or I watch the show so I can comment in here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Brett is not showing her any heat, no sexual interest....Aunt Olivia, want me to cut your steak into small bites?

They are performing for the cameras and are as fake as Hen and Tina.

2 forks please...2 couples are DONE.

I disagree.  I don't see this as performing for cameras. I think they are fulfilling their contractual obligation by trying to work through the marriage and not give up before eight weeks. Given that they are legally married it only makes sense to see if anything could change between them.  To see if there could be a compromise to see if there could be any heat, any sexual heat.  The Proposition of this experiment is to see if people can "fall in love" by trying to fall in love.  They can only learn about themselves and what they really need by using you six weeks to consider what they really need in a marriage.

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Inspired Take Out run....who wants a heaping bowl of lo mein?

I found the box and the lo mein was in to be fascinating. I don't know if we have that here on Long Island because I'm on keto so I don't go out to for lo mein.  It really did look mouthwatering and it was just perfect for Amelia and Bennett.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Maybe if Olivia showed Brett the lifetime expense of raising a child......

Brett gets excited at the thought of new spreadsheet to design and input ... Titled...BrettJr./Brettina“

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Imagine just for a moment if Henry actually made a move on Christina. How much she’d be criticizing it! How would it even work?

Is she really hot for sex or is that the lure she normally uses to pull men by the nose? If she wants to make time with Henry she probably has to become a down to earth sincere person which is a real challenge. Any two slobs can have sex.  I suspect he made it known clearly he wanted to be matched with a woman shorter than him and when she came out he thinks she's pretty but not the woman he asked for.

Between the million commercials and the stupid games, this episode was blah.  I’m happy Henry opened up a little, but I doubt they will do it.  I don’t like Pastor Cal asking all those personal questions about sex.  Let them go with the flow.

Its a show made for channel surfing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I grant this is an unusual circumstance nevertheless I would never ask a couple if they had sex or act like I'm either entitled to know if they did. I can't construe anyway in which somehow its my business. If I were to be that obnoxious why not ask what kind of sex they had? Ask if he had pre-mature ejaculation? How long did it last? Give out ratings on that score too. That would go over big. Besides some couples have great sex but nothing else...

18 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm tellin' yas---Miles made a fatal error when he called Karen a "cougar."  Because she then put him in, not the"friend" zone, no---the "youngster" zone. 

Did he say that? I missed it but that was dumb!

2 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

I’m on Christina side on this one... Henry is a freaking weirdo ... he has no social skills and it’s almost as if he’s a little boy trapped in a man’s body ... it’s almost as if he isn’t interested in  women 

Christina doesn't represent all women, in fact I hope she doesn't represent many women.  When Henry said he wouldn't have signed up for this, I thought he meant if he knew that Cristina was the woman. Because clearly he did sign up for this but he naïvely thought that they would give him a cute little petite girl with a sweet personality and but he didn't get anything like that, he never would've signed up for this. I suspect Henry has some social skills as he has had continuous employment as a medical recruiter. If it doesn't take any social skills, they really should open that job to a lot more people.  Pays decently.  When you're in Henry situation it's very difficult because you really can't just say this isn't going to work, I don't like your looks, I don't like your personality, and please let me just leave. Henry knows he's contractually obligated to stick out the eight weeks; he just never could've imagined that he would be matched with someone like Christina.  I just think Henry has absolutely no idea how to handle the situation without looking bad.  Fortunately he really can't try with Christina And he doesn't wanna give her any idea that he's really into her.

Edited by Kira53
I don't remember to proofread.
  • Love 13

I’m no near as introverted as Henry but I would shut down around someone like Christina if I was in a situation where I had to be with her 24/7. Can you imagine if their genders were swapped? I’m pretty sure they no one would cut a guy any slack if he acted like that. 
I’d love to find out which airline she represents so I can avoid that carrier. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

During one TH Amelia definitely showed a new haircut with some style! I think she agreed with you! 😄 💇

Yes!  Even hubby commented on it.  We are probably both old farts, but thought that if our new doctor came in the room looking like Wedding Amelia, we would be set back a bit. In that random TH, she looked professional.  

• Love 2

I am starting to be on Christina’s side just a bit.  
I feel like in real life, she gets by on her flirtatious personality.  I even feel like she’s a good FA, she talks and seems like she can be warm. 
I think she’s over Henry.  I think maybe she’s tried so much and is frustrated that he isn’t succumbing to her charms. Yes she’s bossy and yes she’s rude. But I kind of feel for her if I put myself in her shoes. 
I think she was giving Henry a taste of his own medicine when she didn’t come up with answers for his questions.  Damn sure she knew the answers, but she’s over it and him.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Christina doesn't represent all women, in fact I hope she doesn't represent many women.  When Henry said he wouldn't have signed up for this, I thought he meant if he knew that Cristina was the woman. Because clearly he did sign up for this but he naïvely thought that they would give him a cute little petite girl with a sweet personality and but he didn't get anything like that, he never would've signed up for this. I suspect Henry has some social skills as he has had continuous employment as a medical recruiter. If it doesn't take any social skills, they really should open that job to a lot more people.  Pays decently.  When you're in Henry situation it's very difficult because you really can't just say this isn't going to work I don't like your luxe I don't like your personality and please let me just leave. Henry knows he's contractually obligated to stick out the eight weeks; he just never could've imagined that he would be matched with someone like Christina.  I just think Henry has absolutely no idea how to handle the situation without looking bad.  Fortunately he really can't try with Christina And he doesn't wanna give her any idea that he's really into her.

Yes he's hiding his affection very well. Maybe he was hoping for someone like Mindy from last season who he would fall for.

He's playing the game doing whats asked but I do see Christina (at times) as a wounded soul who was often used by men and that's what she's accustomed to.

5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I grant this is an unusual circumstance nevertheless I would never ask a couple if they had sex or act like I'm either entitled to know if they did. I can't construe anyway in which somehow its my business. If I were to be that obnoxious why not ask what kind of sex they had? Ask if he had pre-mature ejaculation? How long did it last? Give out ratings on that score too. That would go over big. Besides some couples have great sex but nothing else...

Did he say that? I missed it but that was dumb!

Previous episode. 😊 

P.S. Just saw a commercial for the next episode with Karen saying that something Miles did was "childish." I rest my case! 😁

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think they're breaking the 4th wall to show ChristinA's bitchiness because she's pissing them off. They did the same several times with Brandon when he was obnoxious with them. We'd probably be seeing a very different side of Henry if it weren't for her obnoxious behavior. I'd shut down too - hell I think a ton of people who would actually be good TV would shut down around her. Either that or there'd be a ton of tension in other ways that would be hard to watch, because there's no way she'd make anyone happy to be around her with that attitude.

As for good TV, I'd take Henry any day over some of the other shitty people that have been particularly hard for me to watch on this show. But that is a matter of opinion.

You can be entertaining and not be an asshole. I enjoy Woody and Miles. I enjoy the couples that aren't trainwrecks. I don't need DRAMA to be entertained. It's not a either/or for me. Henry is just...this is not his bag and that's okay. Why casting thought he would work is beyond me. But, hey, maybe they just thought the contrast in these two would be great tv. For me, it is not.

• Love 9

6 hours ago, sara416 said:

The zoo in NOLA is not free though, so I don't know what she is talking about. 

At the time they had this conversation, there was one day each month with free admission to the Audubon Zoo.

6 hours ago, princelina said:

My favorite was Brett saying Pastor Cal just came over to stir up shit 😄 

Yep. 

4 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Karen is not physically attracted to Miles and that's okay. He seems like a 'play-brother' type. Just doughy and sweet. I can imagine that he's been "too nice" for a number of women.

About 43 minutes into this MAFS recap/review, Ms. Kev on Stage said they know someone who use to date Miles who felt he was too nice. About 30 min in, their commentary about Henry is funny, too.

4 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

That's something Olivia is missing because most people will tell you the best years of their life was or is raising a family from babies too young adults. Taking the kids to see the USA, birthday party's all the holidays mean so much more with your own brood. The real reason most people are happy is because you don't have time to think of yourself most of the day. At the end of a long day you and hubby can find sometime to be a couple again. 

Maybe. Olivia might be outside that group that includes most. I've known a few women who seemed burdened by motherhood. 

3 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I suspect Henry has some social skills as he has had continuous employment as a medical recruiter. If it doesn't take any social skills, they really should open that job to a lot more people.  Pays decently. 

As someone else mentioned, he did fine when talking to the guys. His experience as a recruiter could be contributing to the problem though. That is, he's decided that Christina is a poor candidate for the position of Henry's wife. She won't withdraw her application and insists that she deserves better benefits that what he is being offered. He considers that it might be worth it to offer better benefits to a better candidate. Their actions suggest that position may not be a good fit. On decision day, he'll inform her that the company has decided to go in a different direction. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

THIS. 

I kinda fell for Henry this week when he talked about her impatience.  

Who knows what Henry would be like if he had someone kind, patient and fun. 

I mean, it would suck if you are paired with someone who doesn't talk much but maybe he saw right off what she's about.  

Maybe ChristinA would do better with a kind, patient, and fun spouse, too, instead of a taciturn sloth who wanted a different type! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, sara416 said:

Christina is exhausting! 

This is the first episode where I haven't gotten Nate from Chicago vibes from Woody. The way he was talking in his talking head after the conversation between the guys at the bar was refreshingly mature. And seeing he and Amani interact at the party seemed very genuine. I'm relieved, because I wanted to like him but I was getting those Nate vibes for so long. 

Bennet and Amelia continue to be adorable. 

I laughed at Brett's conversation with his friend where he straight up told him the Pastor Cal came in to stir up drama. Hilarious! Even more funny that the producers kept that in! His friend was right though, trying to get him to see that experiences can sometimes be more fun that "watching your net worth grow". As a non-numbers person, that made me sad. 

These producers are messy. They left that in there so that Pastor Cal can verbally gather Brett, therefore creating more drama. 

• Love 1