Type keyword(s) to search

Stacey & Florian: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

• Start Topic

Stacey is on her own 90 Day journey with her fiance, Florian.  Will they make it to the altar?

(I figured she deserved her own Couple Thread with the "Darcey & Stacey" spinoff.  Please suggest sub-titles!)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Christina said:

so they married in the courthouse, I think, with plans for a larger wedding later.

You are married.  You don't get another wedding to the same person, unless you get divorced in between.  F*ck these reenactment weddings are stupid, indulgent and attention seeking.   Yeah, I'm talking to you Andrei and Libby, Alexei and Loren ....

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Quof said:

You are married.  You don't get another wedding to the same person, unless you get divorced in between.  F*ck these reenactment weddings are stupid, indulgent and attention seeking.   Yeah, I'm talking to you Andrei and Libby, Alexei and Loren ....

I’m surprised some of these folks don’t reenact childbirth.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!  I had a second wedding....TO MY SECOND HUSBAND after I divorced my first one.  To have a ceremony after a courthouse or elopement wedding is a Renewal of Vows.  To call a courthouse wedding an event that "didn't really count".......yes, yes it does/did.  That is your LEGAL wedding.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Ouch. I did that. My husband and I married at the justice of the peace and then had a commitment ceremony and party later on with many more people. Most people referred to it as our "wedding" (which is exactly what it looked like - I wore a wedding dress and everything) as shorthand for it. I don't think that we were stupid, indulgent or attention seeking - we just wanted to celebrate with people we loved.

To call a courthouse wedding an event that "didn't really count".......yes, yes it does/did

At least for us, we don't think it didn't count. We celebrate the justice-of-the-peace wedding as our wedding anniversary. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Quof said:

While normally I would agree, I am giving people a bit of a pass with weddings getting royally screwed over due to a global pandemic. My fiance and I started planning our wedding for October 10 over a year ago and I was very excited after finalizing our venue and had my 2020 calendar all planned out with when to send invitations, RSVP deadline, etc...and then Covid hit.  We decided in June to postpone the big reception to next year for the safety of everyone, but neither of us wanted to wait to actually get married so we are having a small ceremony in our backyard on October 10th with a few members of our immediate family. I am struggling with the logistics of it all, and I guess we will be renewing our vows next year along with the reception. I hope no one thinks of us as indulgent or attention seeking.  I'm still sad that I can't have the ONE wedding I started planning last year and wanted to have with all of our friends and family, but when life hands you lemons... October 10th, 2020 is the day we will celebrate as our wedding day.

I wonder what type of wedding dress Stacey wore/will wear, because the dresses we saw her and Darcey try on during one of the previous shows were awful!

Edited by Goshengir1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Goshengir1 said:

While normally I would agree, I am giving people a bit of a pass with weddings getting royally screwed over due to a global pandemic. My fiance and I started planning our wedding for October 10 over a year ago and I was very excited after finalizing our venue and had my 2020 calendar all planned out with when to send invitations, RSVP deadline, etc...and then Covid hit.  We decided in June to postpone the big reception to next year for the safety of everyone, but neither of us wanted to wait to actually get married so we are having a small ceremony in our backyard on October 10th with a few members of our immediate family. I am struggling with the logistics of it all, and I guess we will be renewing our vows next year along with the reception. I hope no one thinks of us as indulgent or attention seeking.  I'm still sad that I can't have the ONE wedding I started planning last year and wanted to have with all of our friends and family, but when life hands you lemons... October 10th, 2020 is the day we will celebrate as our wedding day.

I wonder what type of wedding dress Stacey wore/will wear, because the dresses we saw her and Darcey try on during one of the previous shows were awful!

Yes, so many weddings cancelled, postponed..... Bindi Irwin even had a smaller one! I can't blame someone for maybe doing something when things are safer. My best friend had a small wedding in the winter and then large event over the summer. I was the maid of honor and went to both of course, but I always thought, why not just wait until summer and then have a big wedding. Oh well, to each his own. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, so many weddings cancelled, postponed..... Bindi Irwin even had a smaller one! I can't blame someone for maybe doing something when things are safer. My best friend had a small wedding in the winter and then large event over the summer. I was the maid of honor and went to both of course, but I always thought, why not just wait until summer and then have a big wedding. Oh well, to each his own. 

True, however, these are odd time we living in.  Bottom line:  be honest.  When I was getting married, there were A LOT of brides who were like:  "We are getting married April 9th in secret, but we are having a second wedding on October 20th - we are telling people October 20th."  I was like, please don't do that, people do NOT like to be lied to.   If I bought airfare, rented a car, booked a hotel for a non legal ceremony, I would be PISSED.  Just tell people.  For these fools, I get wanting another ceremony for family overseas, just stop calling it a second wedding.  It is a renewal of vows.

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

We celebrate the justice-of-the-peace wedding as our wedding anniversary

Yes!  Because that is your wedding day!!  Congratulations!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

True, however, these are odd time we living in.  Bottom line:  be honest.  When I was getting married, there were A LOT of brides who were like:  "We are getting married April 9th in secret, but we are having a second wedding on October 20th - we are telling people October 20th."  I was like, please don't do that, people do NOT like to be lied to.   If I bought airfare, rented a car, booked a hotel for a non legal ceremony, I would be PISSED.  Just tell people.  For these fools, I get wanting another ceremony for family overseas, just stop calling it a second wedding.  It is a renewal of vows.

Yes!  Because that is your wedding day!!  Congratulations!

Thank you!

Well you could if you wait. 

I don't think it's always impatience that drives the first legal wedding. It takes something like 23 different legal documents to replicate the rights a married couple has. In our case, my husband was traveling a lot internationally and we wanted those legal rights in a pretty short timeline. At the same time, we wanted to celebrate with the people we loved and couldn't book a place as quickly as we needed the legal stuff in place. Particularly with COVID, I think it's actually pretty smart to go ahead and marry and have your big party later on. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 4

Oh I think there are logistical reasons like if one person is terminally ill or is being deployed. But all you said was that neither of you “wanted” to wait which made it sound arbitrary.  The traveling thing now makes sense.  In any event, I don’t care if people have eight weddings as long as they don’t expect eight gifts lol.

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Well you could if you wait. 

True, but wait for how long? There are no promises that we'll be able to have the reception we want next year, we certainly didn't expect this when we started planning last year.  My reasons for wanting to go ahead and get married now have absolutely nothing to do with money, we are paying for everything ourselves and I'm not expecting gifts, or even legality or logistics...it's simply that we've been together 5 years, I love him to pieces and am ready for him to be my husband. I am almost 48, he is 51 and we feel so lucky to have found each other, and we want to celebrate that. That's it.  If we can't have the reception next year it just won't happen, but we will still be married and that is really all that matters. I wish I could say Stacey and Florian had the same reasons, but I'm not too sure about that lol.

Edited by Goshengir1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Goshengir1 said:

I love him to pieces and am ready for him to be my husband. I am almost 48, he is 51 and we feel so lucky to have found each other, and we want to celebrate that. That's it. 

I hear you and support you.  We married at 52 and had Covid been around I would have been, nope, microwedding it is, because I want to marry you now.  We had been together almost five years, like you, and did not want to wait.  Why should we?

Back to topic:  LOVE the idea of title, @Dee121!!!  It is perfect!

• Love 2

But you recognize that the day you get legally married is your wedding day.  You can have any type of party you want, on any day.  But it won't be your wedding.   As Oprah says when people ask why she doesn't get married "I can buy a new dress and have a big party with all of my friends and family any time I want. It doesn't have to be a wedding."

The 90 Day crowd always justifies these reenactments by saying they want their friends and family to "see us get married" but they can't, unless they watch the video.  Or get in a time machine.   

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Goshengir1 said:

True, but wait for how long? There are no promises that we'll be able to have the reception we want next year, we certainly didn't expect this when we started planning last year.  My reasons for wanting to go ahead and get married now have absolutely nothing to do with money, we are paying for everything ourselves and I'm not expecting gifts, or even legality or logistics...it's simply that we've been together 5 years, I love him to pieces and am ready for him to be my husband. I am almost 48, he is 51 and we feel so lucky to have found each other, and we want to celebrate that. That's it.  If we can't have the reception next year it just won't happen, but we will still be married and that is really all that matters. I wish I could say Stacey and Florian had the same reasons, but I'm not too sure about that lol.

Life is about priorities and choices.  If you don’t want to wait, don’t wait.  But it’s your choice.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Quof said:

But you recognize that the day you get legally married is your wedding day.  You can have any type of party you want, on any day.  But it won't be your wedding.   As Oprah says when people ask why she doesn't get married "I can buy a new dress and have a big party with all of my friends and family any time I want. It doesn't have to be a wedding."

The 90 Day crowd always justifies these reenactments by saying they want their friends and family to "see us get married" but they can't, unless they watch the video.  Or get in a time machine.   

We recognize the date we got legally married as our anniversary. But honestly, why do you care what anyone calls it? Our "big party" looked like a wedding even though we were already married. I wore a wedding gown. We had a priest (a family friend, we aren't religious) bless our new family. Then we had a meal and danced with a band. We skipped the other wedding traditions (cake, garter, kissing when people banged on the glassware) but mostly because we don't like them - not because it wasn't "really" a wedding. People called it a wedding. We called it a wedding. Because "party to celebrate us getting married a few months ago" is a lot of words and "wedding" is short and to the point. Everyone knew we were already married.

This was us - we were older too (I mean - we're still older). We didn't register for gifts. But we wanted to celebrate with the people we love and it's really the only time in our lives that we were together with everyone at one time. It was a great, fun, wonderful day. Some of the people who were with us then have passed and I am so grateful that we didn't deny ourselves celebrating with them because I cherish memories of that day that I wouldn't otherwise have.

• Love 5
On 8/27/2020 at 9:21 AM, Quof said:

I'm okay with them because the husbands' families were not able to attend the American weddings. As I recall, Alexei's family couldn't get the visas and Andrei's probably couldn't afford it.

• Love 4

Vote for your fave (most popular by next Monday will be the new sub-title)!

For Stacey & Florian: Trying to compete with Darcey and Jesse Tom Georgie!, click the pink heart.

For Stacey & Florian: Yes, Angel, click the yellow lightbulb.

For Stacey & Florian: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, click the orange smiley face.

For Stacey & Florian: Under My Thumb(print), click the green surprised face.

For Stacey & Florian: I Married a Werewolf, click the blue sad face.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
On 8/31/2020 at 3:58 PM, OnceSane said:

Vote for your fave (most popular by next Monday will be the new sub-title)!

For Stacey & Florian: Trying to compete with Darcey and Jesse Tom Georgie!, click the pink heart.

For Stacey & Florian: Yes, Angel, click the yellow lightbulb.

For Stacey & Florian: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, click the orange smiley face.

For Stacey & Florian: Under My Thumb(print), click the green surprised face.

For Stacey & Florian: I Married a Werewolf, click the blue sad face.

You missed An Albanian Werewolf in Connecticut.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

in the previews, Stacey's dress looks horrible on her. I hate to say it, but Darcey was right. 

I think the last time Florian wore that suit was for his Confirmation at church

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 9
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So the woman in the pictures with Florian? Her name is Shanti and she was friends with Darcey WAY before this Florian drama. She lives in Canada.

Does that mean Darcey’s confrontational phone call was fake? 

On 9/26/2020 at 11:06 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Florian in that too small suit looks like a werewolf 

Plus he wasn't wearing socks and I noticed that his buttons gaped open and he had no undershirt. It was an interesting wedding look...

On 9/26/2020 at 4:00 AM, magemaud said:

Does that mean Darcey’s confrontational phone call was fake? 

Yeah, I think the whole thing was a setup between Darcey, Florian, Shanti, and Stacey. They wanted their spin-off and needed drama. As for the upcoming scene of Stacey crying, I don't know. Could be fake, could be that she's crying over something unrelated, or could be that Florian DID cheat on her. Whatever's going on, though, it didn't happen in the way that it's being presented.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Damn, she about facetuned her chin right off.

I was just going to comment on that, you beat me to it. 

Reading the “love letter” from Florian, could his comments about their future baby mean that Stacey is pregnant and that inspired his writing? 

• Love 2
On 9/25/2020 at 7:39 PM, mamadrama said:

So the woman in the pictures with Florian? Her name is Shanti and she was friends with Darcey WAY before this Florian drama. She lives in Canada.

Ugh.  Why am I not surprised?  I posted in one of the threads about the horrific acting in that scene, even by TLC standards.  

I mean, really, if you're going to have a spot on a "reality" TV show where a scene is not organic, take an acting lesson or two.  I've seen some bad acting on these franchises, but that video phone call was one of the worst to date*.  "His sugar wanted to taste my honey" or whatever that ridiculous statement was.  Damn, that woman's performance made Darcey look Oscar worthy by comparison.  

*The only one that might be worse is Jess, in all of her scenes, who thankfully should never be on my TV screen again after the reunion finishes.  

• Love 1