Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, erikaelvis said:

This will be super unpopular and down voted BUT I cant help but think if Hannah was truly that concerned about training camp and the faux bubble, why didnt she decline to go.  I know she wanted to be apart of the "sisterhood"  but knowing what it was going to be like and the risks, she still CHOSE to go and didnt speak out until after she was cut.

I initially thought that myself.  I’m guessing they told them they had all these safety precautions, their health was their first priority, blah, blah blah.  Once they got there, I think Hannah saw it for what it was.  Somewhere upthread it was talked about that they wore masks and distanced for the cameras, but once the cameras went off, so did the masks, etc.  So she probably started saying something about it.  And we all know you can’t say shit or have real concerns. So they cut her. 

Now I’m even madder.  So proud of you Hanna for speaking up and out.  Love you!

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Don't think any boots will be set in a packed stadium for awhile

Nope. So a rookie with a big head and a bad attitude towards other team members is going get told to take a seat.

Unless you're VK of course.

• Love 7

Last year's TCC Julia posted on Hannah's post.  I would love it if Julia would post about her TC experience last year.

juliafife

Hannah I am so sorry to hear this. You are amazingly talented and such a beautiful person inside and out. You are the true definition of a DCC. Thank you for speaking out🤍

amyralph4157

@juliafife as a reporter, can you put together a story on how the Dallas Cowboys organization has disregarded the health and safety of their cheerleaders?

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Damn Hannah!  Speak your mind!!!  

Obviously TPTB already knew how outspoken Hannah would be about her concerns regarding the bubble or lack there of.  She was never featured on Boots in the Bubble.  She was only part of the Vets Vlog because one of the vets chose to include her.  

I’ve had dreams so big I wanted to chase them and not give up, so I understand why she went anyway and didn’t want to lose her job or be away from her team.  In the past, I’ve had crappy/toxic bosses that I continued to work for because I wanted to still be around my work family.

Proud of her and think it is a breath of fresh air that finally some of these ladies are speaking out... it’s about damn time!

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Erinbridget said:

I’m rewatching last season right now, and I can’t stop watching Caroline. I’ve always loved her, but now she’s 100% my pick for point. 

What point though?  On the touchdown decks?  Not sure how that's going to happen.

I keep wondering how many upper vets (or hanger-on-er's - take your pick), now wish they had retired?

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Hannah mentions that in-person production was halted after the safety of the group was compromised. Any idea what she is referring to?

As I said in a previous post (I know the posts are going 90mph here right now so it's hard to keep up), per my experience in COVID film production, that usually means someone tested positive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I initially thought that myself.  I’m guessing they told them they had all these safety precautions, their health was their first priority, blah, blah blah.  Once they got there, I think Hannah saw it for what it was.  

THIS! I think Hannah trusted TPTB but once she  was inside the so called “bubble” she realized it was all bullshit. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

What point though?  On the touchdown decks?  Not sure how that's going to happen.

I keep wondering how many upper vets (or hanger-on-er's - take your pick), now wish they had retired?

I was just saying in general...If/when they have the triangle again at games. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

YES HANNAH! You go, girl! Queen of the North! (I have no idea why they call her that, but I'm HERE FOR IT!!). 

Game of Thrones reference. I thought all geeks liked GOT 😜

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

YES HANNAH! You go, girl! Queen of the North! (I have no idea why they call her that, but I'm HERE FOR IT!!). 

Haha! I think it's because she resembles the actress Sophie Turner from Game of Thrones. Queen of the North was her moniker on the show, right? My husband is a GOT Stan, but I never could get into it. 

• Love 6

And this, 1st comment. I imagine Kelli is blowing a fuse. The rose colored image Kelli has always fought to portray has been coming apart for years. It's been more about live in Kelli's out of touch, hypocritical, toxic world than it has been about dancing. While starving.

And now I need to mask up and hit the grocery store..

Screenshot_20200820-190829_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Laurawithcats
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

118123783_752192052209956_3540150426161749355_n.thumb.jpg.8563451f800d22cf56c210029aea7ff6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Hell yeah Hannah! Burn it down!!! 🔥🔥

Also I almost don't care about the new rookies at all but Facebook is saying that Tori and Ashlinn didn't make the final team, anyone know anything?

Tori's insta story.

• Useful 1

In regards to this whole cutting the vets who expressed safety concerns here is my view as PR professional: 

they have 2 choices. They either buckle down and buckle down hard by portraying the girls in a negative light/exaggerate any character flaws to paint the girls as liars. OR there’s a chance they just completely ignore it. Basically edit them out of the show, don’t show the cuts, don’t even mention them and hope it goes away.

There is the third option of apologizing and telling the truth. But this seems highly unlikely given the organization. 

7 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I Love That You Call Her That. 1st Thing I thought when I saw her Insta post. 👏👏👑

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Well I think you guys have just helped me make the decision on whether I'm going to keep or dump CMT.  And I didn't even read all the Hannah stuff.  Looks like I'll be dumping it and "maybe" buying the season on iTunes (if there is one).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone know if you absolutely have to subscribe to CMT on your cable system in order to watch the DCC channel on Pluto?

I haven't had cable in years.  I don't have access to CMT on anything at all.  I can watch Pluto all I want on my tv/laptop/phone/tablet.  For the past few years, I have watched the first ep of the season on CMT's website the night it premieres - for free.  You don't have to sign in to watch it.  I think it's up for maybe the first week or so, but then you have to sign up if you want to watch any more eps.  

And you don't have to buy the season right away.  Last year, I just read the forums, watched the free video clips on the CMT website, and that held me until I decided to buy Season 14.  And someday I will even finish watching it - maybe.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dccfangirl said:

I find it interesting that the MTT youtube channel recently posted the meredith and lily full stories which makes me curious about the extent to which the producers were looped in with KJ thinking on this.

Kelli is a producer.  However, when the MTT channel and IG, decided to post those clips of Taylor and her haircut - they made some smart aleck comments that didn't go over well.  The fans complained and Judy said that it's MTT that does that, not the DCC and someone pointed out that Kelli was a producer.  So if it's good, then it was DCC in conjunction with MTT.  If it's not good, it's all on MTT and DCC disavows any knowledge of their identity.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Laurawithcats said:

The 2nd comment. This really is all over social media. Good. 

Screenshot_20200820-184158_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, it’s making the rounds in social media, but with only a handful of likes and comments. Real change is only going to happen if we pump up the volume in the media (traditional and social) and boycott the show. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Oh i know she is, but when they get caught they find a scape goat to blame it on. And she is Jones, she isn't going anywhere

Especially when it looks like shes being groomed to take over. Remember it was Charlotte with Jerry for the draft and not one of his sons who hold Football related positions not a PR/ merchandising/ branding role.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli is a producer.  However, when the MTT channel and IG, decided to post those clips of Taylor and her haircut - they made some smart aleck comments that didn't go over well.  The fans complained and Judy said that it's MTT that does that, not the DCC and someone pointed out that Kelli was a producer.  So if it's good, then it was DCC in conjunction with MTT.  If it's not good, it's all on MTT and DCC disavows any knowledge of their identity.  

Kelli has the title of producer but has limited final editorial approval.  Similarly MTT producers are restricted in some of the team decisions. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

To be completely fair, the posts on their YouTube and Instagram are probably created and posted by a social media team, which production likely does not have direct influence on. There’s some nuance in there and I can’t say for certain that production isn’t involved, but it’s likely that Kelli and/or Judy aren’t directly involved with the majority of social media decisions for MTT. 

1 minute ago, dccfangirl said:

Kelli has the title of producer but has limited final editorial approval.  Similarly MTT producers are restricted in some of the team decisions. 

Idk about anyone else but personally I don’t think MTT producers should have ANY input when it comes to team decisions..

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You mean, how soon will Cassie post a pic of herself as a little girl wearing her DCC costume and talking about how her mother is a long time employee of the DCC organization.  And how it upsets her to know that someone is being disrespectful to the organization she holds near and dear to her heart.  And how she would never ever do anything herself to tarnish the DCC brand.🤣

100% 

I lump Misty “but did you see that the soles of my shoes are red” Duncan in the same category. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Stephieg84 said:

Idk about anyone else but personally I don’t think MTT producers should have ANY input when it comes to team decisions..

Yes I agree and I think some seasons it was painfully obvious that some girls were made last minute cuts to add to the drama of the show, they were never going to make the team and it was so cruel to get their hopes so high.

Does anyone know the cardboard cut out significance on the insta stories (for sure as opposed to just speculation?) 

Also Kat's IG story got me thinking.... 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Stephieg84 said:

Im guessing mtt producers have a part in taking girls to camp who are never going to make the team, for drama purposes

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

100% 

I lump Misty “but did you see that the soles of my shoes are red” Duncan in the same category. 

I think any alumni who still lives in Dallas and doesn't want to anger Kelli will fall into the same category.  They don't want to risk losing references or clients or their reputation.

3 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Does anyone know the cardboard cut out significance on the insta stories (for sure as opposed to just speculation

You have to watch Jessica P's first - her friends wanted to bring a cardboard cutout of her to a Friends and Family night and she wouldn't let them.  So she posted a story of her with her teammates when they had the cardboard cutouts.

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Y’all I did find out which vet lost her spot on show group this year I wonder if it’s because she spoke up to and that was a way to punish her 

Considering her job and how long it's been since she got to see family, I can see her being concerned.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

You have to watch Jessica P's first - her friends wanted to bring a cardboard cutout of her to a Friends and Family night and she wouldn't let them.  So she posted a story of her with her teammates when they had the cardboard cutouts.

OHhhh ok thanks - I was reading way in and thinking it was a comment about KJ wanting cardboard cut outs. Which isn't a crazy interpretation lol. 

9 minutes ago, realityjunkie771 said:

To be completely fair, the posts on their YouTube and Instagram are probably created and posted by a social media team, which production likely does not have direct influence on. There’s some nuance in there and I can’t say for certain that production isn’t involved, but it’s likely that Kelli and/or Judy aren’t directly involved with the majority of social media decisions for MTT. 

But it feels a bit weird right? like it could be a total coincidence but if so it's pretty brutal. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Hannah’s post on Instagram. 

She looks great in that photo. I know I made a couple of remarks in the past about the shorts and her booty, but it was mostly out of jealousy. I would give my right arm to have a booty like hers (I used to, but gravity and age took care of that). I feel so bad for her, Brennan and Lily. I was never a fan of Meredith and felt she got on the squad because of who she knew. She's a beautiful girl and is a good dancer, just not DCC style. I hope all these young ladies excel post-DCC life. They deserve it.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

OHhhh ok thanks - I was reading way in and thinking it was a comment about KJ wanting cardboard cut outs. Which isn't a crazy interpretation lol. 

But it feels a bit weird right? like it could be a total coincidence but if so it's pretty brutal. 

It’s possible that it was a coincidence — I really do believe that — but it definitely feels strange.  I won’t discount that it’s possible, but I will admit I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt (to a fault, unfortunately). You’re absolutely right regardless; it feels strange, and it’s brutal.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

This will be super unpopular and down voted BUT I cant help but think if Hannah was truly that concerned about training camp and the faux bubble, why didnt she decline to go.  I know she wanted to be apart of the "sisterhood"  but knowing what it was going to be like and the risks, she still CHOSE to go and didnt speak out until after she was cut.

The first step is often to fight from the inside, and I do think she was concerned but initially reassured by what they had been told then got into the bubble and saw what was really happening and spoke up and well now we see what happened.

43 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Hell yeah Hannah! Burn it down!!! 🔥🔥

Also I almost don't care about the new rookies at all but Facebook is saying that Tori and Ashlinn didn't make the final team, anyone know anything?

Aw if it's true Ashlinn makes me sad I was excited at the prospect of a SEMO girl on the team.

37 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Haha! I think it's because she resembles the actress Sophie Turner from Game of Thrones. Queen of the North was her moniker on the show, right? My husband is a GOT Stan, but I never could get into it. 

She's my Jean Gray, bc I've seen the new X-Men movies but not GOT and yeah I think she's a dead ringer for Sophie Turner when Sophie's hair is red

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Hannah mentions that in-person production was halted after the safety of the group was compromised. Any idea what she is referring to?

My guess is that someone involved with production tested positive for Covid because safety precautions weren’t being followed and/or because they weren’t as strong the DCC promised. This is also speculation, but it wouldn’t surprise me if someone tested positive and they didn’t disclose that information to the TCC’s to “protect” filming. 

• Useful 11
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Does anyone have the list of the boot buddies that we know of so far for this rookie class?

The only ones I know are Dairan (and Jaycie) with Briana and Chandi, Kelly with Amber, Ashlinn with Caroline and Kelcey, Jessica with Tess and Erin, and Claire W with Lexie and Madeline M.

• Useful 2