Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Agree that Cyrell should have been removed from the show for physical violence. Loyal or not, Nic is far better off leaving her. He's in a no-win situation when it comes to deciding whether or not to reveal Jess actually made a pass at him this time (so was the leg rubbing rumor a scheme hatched by Jess to piss off Cyrell so she could steal Nic? I don't get it. Why stir the pot with fake accusations if you decide to outright proposition him a few days later?). That revelation will be the end of Nic & Cyrell either way.

I said that to Mr. UniqueHandle this morning! What if Jess made the whole leg rubbing thing up to piss off Cyrell because she KNEW Cyrell would leave because that's what Cyrell does. 

Mr. UH said "you still think about that show the day after?" Ugh! I can't believe he doesn't. There are cracks in this marriage. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, cinsays said:

she could have gone out in the hall or somewhere private if she wanted a private conversation

if i was her husband, i wouldn't feel safe with cyrell as a permanent thing.  she could snap and kill somebody, she has no self control at all 

Cyrell has serious anger management issues, among other problems.  Nic had every right then and there to leave.  No way would I stay with someone who would act that way.  She needs intensive therapy, STAT. 

Mel was acting like a crazy person.  I understand why she was mad that he recorded her (although I understand his reasoning also), but holy cow!!  Her accusing him of "eavesdropping" on her while she's laying in bed next to him?  Does she know the definition of the word?  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Cyrell has serious anger management issues, among other problems.  Nic had every right then and there to leave.  No way would I stay with someone who would act that way.  She needs intensive therapy, STAT. 

I came here to say the exact same thing. Would anyone ever trust her with a baby? If the baby spit up, Cyril would consider it a personal affront. I wouldn’t even trust her with a dog. Why haven’t the “experts” sought some real counseling for her? I know, stupid question.

Next week when JessiKa makes her entrance at the dinner party, they should play the theme from The Dating Game show.🎶🎶

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I would hate to come across Cyril or her brother in a dark alley. She’s scary, though I have co-opted King Dingaling for personal use so there’s that I guess. 
My hope is she’ll watch the show and realize she needs help. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 4

Cyrelle likes to be a Drama Queen! She has decided that DQ is her core identity! In her way, she is as self-focused as Ines and apparently Jessika.

But Cyrelle just wants Her Man, even at the risk of alienating him with her jealousy. Ines wanted and Jessika wants Others' Men, even at the risk of alienating all the husbands with their betrayals. 

IOW, there's crazy but loyal, and there's devious and disloyal.

I was pleased to see more of Jules and Cam; they're human palate-cleansers! 

Mole-issa and Dino. Trainwreck City. Maybe if Mel wasn't always trying to gaslight him (if Dino is truthful in saying she denies her words and his), it might not have occurred to Dino to record her conversations. Bad match.

The new couples. I don't understand  this gimmick, unless it's to stir up trouble. I like the new brunette (who lost her mother), but her husband Dan isn't handsome to me.  I suspect  she's going to regret the early sex. 

Blondie needs to stop blathering on about how her husband "needs to be himself." She could lose what seems at this stage a good bloke. 

• Love 2

Cyrell and her brother!! Nic needs to run now, far, and fast.

Jess is disgusting. Poor Mick. I like Dan even though he is behaving badly. (I don’t know what episode is showing and I have seen them all so I won’t go into my feelings foe him bc I may be going too far into the future.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scruffy73 said:

Cyrell and her brother!! Nic needs to run now, far, and fast.

Jess is disgusting. Poor Mick. I like Dan even though he is behaving badly. (I don’t know what episode is showing and I have seen them all so I won’t go into my feelings foe him bc I may be going too far into the future.)

We just had the episode where the two new couples first meet the others, at a dinner. 

• Love 1
On 4/9/2021 at 1:43 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think it's better that they aren't legally married because I think trying to pressure the US couples with the legality/stigma of a divorce is asinine, especially since most of them have made up their minds about leaving before the 2 week mark. But this whole partner musical chairs thing is getting ridiculous.

I think this is exactly why it's better that the American counterparts are "legally married" as opposed by this nonsense. Even if you don't want to stay together it ups the stakes and makes some people take it more seriously than if it was just pretend like it is here. These people KNOW they aren't actually married, so who cares if it busts up or someone decides someone else's "spouse" is better than the person they were saddled with? The only way this is superior to me is that they let the people who don't want to stay together actually leave. Now that is something I could get behind on the American version! You want to Leave? Great! Ok - fire up another pair of maladjusted idiots/drama queens!

This version seems 100% phony to me. Is it some coincidence that Jessica immediately finds Nic handsome and decides to put the moves on him as soon as the Bronson/Ines/Sam/Lizzy "story" wrapped up? I don't think so. My guess is that they try to cast a couple legit couples with potential and the rest come from Central Casting playing for some kind of soap opera.

• Love 11

Wow, Jess morphed into Innis.  The way she talked, looked and even the expressions on her face.  The make-up.  Legally married or not, that was so disrespectful to pretty much everyone else in the room!

And Cyrell and her "apology".  Pretty much "They are making me do this, so sorry".  

• Love 2

Wow- so many completely unlikeable people. Haven’t heard any mention here of Susie because there were so many more overtly obnoxious situations, but boy, she sure is a pill who really, really likes herself. But zero surprise- her dad was awful.

• Love 2

I stood up and cheered when Billy told Susie to get out. What a bitch! 

Mel and Dino seemed nice, normal and drama free. I was surprised to see them implode so spectacularly.  Was hoping they were going to be there at the end.

• Love 7

Can anyone tell me what episodes covered the commitment ceremonies showing Ines breakup with Bronson and later with Sam?

My provider (AT&T) sometimes tapes 2 hours of the show described as different episodes, sometimes tapes 2 hours described as 1 episode, and sometimes tapes 1 hour as 1 episode.  When I search for the show it does not know the difference between MAFS and MAFS Australia, adding to the confusion.

I'm not sure how I missed the episodes culminating the Ines storyline, but I did.

1 hour ago, eyelash said:

Can anyone tell me what episodes covered the commitment ceremonies showing Ines breakup with Bronson and later with Sam?

My provider (AT&T) sometimes tapes 2 hours of the show described as different episodes, sometimes tapes 2 hours described as 1 episode, and sometimes tapes 1 hour as 1 episode.  When I search for the show it does not know the difference between MAFS and MAFS Australia, adding to the confusion.

I'm not sure how I missed the episodes culminating the Ines storyline, but I did.

I’m thinking.  It was a few weeks ago. They all went to the ceremony and I’m pretty sure Sam came out that he’s been with Ines behind Bronsons back and having sex with her.  The scene was quick, Bronson looked surprised, and Ines looked like “what the hell is going on”?  Sam sold her out and didn’t think twice about it.  I think that was it.  After that, I think two more couples came on two weeks apart.  It’s not like they all made a big deal out of it.  Look back at least three weeks or so.  I don’t care the way this thread is.  It just continues on the same thread.  No headings.    Looking back, it may have been the April first episode.  If that’s any help.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, eyelash said:

Try episode 17.  That's what I can find looking online.  Comcast is doing the same thing with episodes.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2021 at 10:06 PM, Adeejay said:

I stood up and cheered when Billy told Susie to get out. What a bitch! 

ME TOO!

All that "you lied to me" cr*p.  He said he thought there might be sweetener in the house, from a roommate maybe, but couldn't find it.  That's not lying.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, lh25 said:

ME TOO!

All that "you lied to me" cr*p.  He said he thought there might be sweetener in the house, from a roommate maybe, but couldn't find it.  That's not lying.

I find him a *little* odd, but he certainly didn't deserve her bitchiness.  She's a mean woman.  Also, who goes surfing with false eyelashes on??  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 4/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, Adeejay said:

Mel and Dino seemed nice, normal and drama free. I was surprised to see them implode so spectacularly.  Was hoping they were going to be there at the end.

What a set- up.  Who has a private conversation with your husband lying next to you in the first place?  Then he records her.  What a joke.  Is this becoming a comedy show?

4/22:

I wonder if it's the injected lips that make the young women decide to cheat! Ines, now Jessika (pursuing Dan). OTOH, Mick's uncalled-for vulgar insults of Jessika's family weren't exactly Terms of Endearment.

Dan is apparently not the decent guy he had seemed to be (thanks, Mom of Dan!). 

I don't buy the New and Improved Cyrelle (Nic) OR Ning (Mark)---yet.  

Susie (Nude Model Billy---Aussie guys seem to like doing these calendar shoots!) and Heidi (Bald Mike Who Might Fall in Love With Her) are just looking for problems. 

Did Cam dye his hair black?! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

4/22:

I wonder if it's the injected lips that make the young women decide to cheat! Ines, now Jessika (pursuing Dan). OTOH, Mick's uncalled-for vulgar insults of Jessika's family weren't exactly Terms of Endearment.

Dan is apparently not the decent guy he had seemed to be (thanks, Mom of Dan!). 

I don't buy the New and Improved Cyrelle (Nic) OR Ning (Mark)---yet.  

Susie (Nude Model Billy---Aussie guys seem to like doing these calendar shoots!) and Heidi (Bald Mike Who Might Fall in Love With Her) are just looking for problems. 

Did Cam dye his hair black?! 

Oh!  So there was a thread last night that I couldn’t find.  Right here.  @LENNIEBRISCO,  are we the only two posting?  Jessica on the prowl again.  I would get off that farm pronto.  I don’t even know all the names as they come and go so often.  Is Dan the wimp with the mean mother and two sisters that are complaining that his wife isn’t affectionate?  WTF?  Should she hang all over him at the table?  I went to bed during the dinner.  It was boring.  It was great in the beginning, but sort of took a turn.

3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh!  So there was a thread last night that I couldn’t find.  Right here.  @LENNIEBRISCO,  are we the only two posting?  Jessica on the prowl again.  I would get off that farm pronto.  I don’t even know all the names as they come and go so often.  Is Dan the wimp with the mean mother and two sisters that are complaining that his wife isn’t affectionate?  WTF?  Should she hang all over him at the table?  I went to bed during the dinner.  It was boring.  It was great in the beginning, but sort of took a turn.

That's Danny Boy! Mackin' on Jessika! And to shamelessly quote myself from last week: "I suspect  [Dan's bride] is going to regret the early sex."

P.S. This show is under the last "Candid Reality" category of "Other."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

JessiKa said they got into an argument that led to Mick calling her dad, brother, sister and best friend those awful names. I would love to know what prompted the argument and what the argument was about. 

I think Jess was looking for ANY excuse to get away from the dreaded farm and Mick and get her claws into Dan. 

• Love 6

Alrighty then!  I'll admit it.  I, too, am here in the "peanut gallery," cackling away each week at this show that's so bad, it's good!  On the bright side, I've enjoyed my tour around Australia - beautiful landscapes.  Sadly, I may never get to enjoy the country in 'real life,' as I'd no doubt be detained in Passport Control unless I'd willingly agreed to Botox my skinny lips and selected a suitable tattoo...or 2, or 200.   👄  💋  ☠️  👽

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I don’t think Dan is that into his bride other than in the biblical sense. 
Susie is a harpy. Billy is a bit of a dork (I ❤️ Dorks) but no way does he deserve that constant derision and condenscion. He’s a really sweet, decent bloke. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Alrighty then!  I'll admit it.  I, too, am here in the "peanut gallery," cackling away each week at this show that's so bad, it's good!  On the bright side, I've enjoyed my tour around Australia - beautiful landscapes.  Sadly, I may never get to enjoy the country in 'real life,' as I'd no doubt be detained in Passport Control unless I'd willingly agreed to Botox my skinny lips and selected a suitable tattoo...or 2, or 200.   👄  💋  ☠️  👽

I’ve got tattoos but hopefully they don’t require a filler injection at customs along with proof of COVID vaccination. 

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

JessiKa said they got into an argument that led to Mick calling her dad, brother, sister and best friend those awful names. I would love to know what prompted the argument and what the argument was about. 

I think Jess was looking for ANY excuse to get away from the dreaded farm and Mick and get her claws into Dan. 

I would get off that farm too, but not at the expense of someone’s new wife.  I taped it so I’ll take a look.  Is this something new.  Girls going after another girls husband right at the dinner table?  This is her third time.  SLUT.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Oh those lips.  I just can’t.  A beautiful woman turned into flounder mouth.  What are they good for .. I’m afraid to ask. 😝🤮 💋👄🐷

• LOL 5
On 4/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, Ilovepie said:

My guess is that they try to cast a couple legit couples with potential and the rest come from Central Casting playing for some kind of soap opera.

I am 100% convinced that while a few couples are serious, real matches, the rest are chosen for entertainment value - and I believe this applies to the American version, as well.  The "experts" seem to go out of their way to find the most damaged people possible, as they carefully detail in the first episodes, when they show the interview/matching processes.  Then, aside from a few tidbits of advice offered in the "commitment ceremonies," the experts are basically completely absent, yet act positively shocked when the couples start imploding.... prompting me to scream at my tv, "No!  You knew exactly what was going to happen.  So STFU, because you SUCK!"  (Seriously, why do I love these nonsense shows so much?  Gah!).

On 4/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, Ilovepie said:

I think this is exactly why it's better that the American counterparts are "legally married" as opposed by this nonsense. Even if you don't want to stay together it ups the stakes and makes some people take it more seriously than if it was just pretend like it is here. These people KNOW they aren't actually married, so who cares if it busts up or someone decides someone else's "spouse" is better than the person they were saddled with? The only way this is superior to me is that they let the people who don't want to stay together actually leave. Now that is something I could get behind on the American version! You want to Leave? Great! Ok - fire up another pair of maladjusted idiots/drama queens!

I agree that the Australia version is more like a dating show, while the premise underlying the American version - whether strangers can make a marriage work if they work at it/want it enough - is somewhat more interesting and is probably what, by and large, keeps the American women from playing round robin with each other's spouses.  (Although, the Australian women seem a lot more outlandish in general, so who knows).

And while Jess definitely gets honorable mention, this episode's most horrible human being award has to go to Susie.  Good Lord, acting like she's got the damn vapors because dude didn't give her a straight answer about fucking Splenda.  She needs to get a grip and get over herself.  Looking past the clown lips, she might be mederately attractive, but otherwise, she's just another young, single mother who seems to not really have much going on - and I think she'd do well to realize she's not all that, frankly.  (I do appreciate that the American version, more so than Australia, casts some very successful participants with impressive careers/businesses).

• Love 9

All these comments are so true.  If everything was great between the couples, it would be boring.  For instance, the red head and the nice guy. ( forgot the names).  They are so happy with the match and in love, so there’s nothing going on.  They went on a picnic this week.  She had that long sweeping on the floor dress on at the dinner.

So are we to think that duck-lips Jess and Dan are both going to write STAY so that they can sneak around with each other like Innes and whatever-his-name-was wanted to do? 

And she has the nerve to say she's always honest?  when? about what? 

Is this the kind of woman Dan wants to raise his child? 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, cinsays said:

So are we to think that duck-lips Jess and Dan are both going to write STAY so that they can sneak around with each other like Innes and whatever-his-name-was wanted to do? 

And she has the nerve to say she's always honest?  when? about what? 

Is this the kind of woman Dan wants to raise his child? 

Nah !  He just wants her as a side piece.

Never mind Jessica’s family.  Who would want to live on that isolated farm?  I’d go bonkers.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, Silver Bells said:

All these comments are so true.  If everything was great between the couples, it would be boring.  For instance, the red head and the nice guy. ( forgot the names).  They are so happy with the match and in love, so there’s nothing going on.  They went on a picnic this week.  She had that long sweeping on the floor dress on at the dinner.

Ginger Jules and Cricket Cam. I think we're watching a true love story.

Cam is the Real Deal "Ricky Bobby"!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
On 4/23/2021 at 3:42 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Susie is a harpy. Billy is a bit of a dork (I ❤️ Dorks) but no way does he deserve that constant derision and condenscion. He’s a really sweet, decent bloke. 

Billy is a really good looking guy with a great body. Not my type, I prefer cutie ponytail man bun Michael who is hardly ever shown for what ever reason. Why did we not even see the home visit with Michael and Martha? I know he has parents and a brother, lol. Yeah, I follow him on IG. I won't give away any more than that. Apparently nobody cares anyway.

Anyway, back to Billy. Problem with him is that he lacks self confidence. When he opens his mouth he sounds like a scared little boy. That's a turn off. Billy needs to start acting more like a douche with a little bit of conceit thrown in, then the ladies will flock to him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Anyway, back to Billy. Problem with him is that he lacks self confidence. When he opens his mouth he sounds like a scared little boy. That's a turn off. Billy needs to start acting more like a douche with a little bit of conceit thrown in, then the ladies will flock to him

Yeah, agreed, but when one is constantly criticized and yelled at for real or perceived shortcomings and derided to others about physical attributes, that woman is a shrill harridan and deserves nothing good in her life.  I actually fast-forwarded through their segments this week.  Billy needs to get real and get out.

• Love 4
On 4/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, Silver Bells said:

I loved Jessica’s long gold earrings with the red dress at the dinner.  I’d look ridiculous in those at this point.  At the grocery store.

That’s the nicest thing anyone should ever say about Jess. She is the absolute worst. She is disgusting.

was it her that Heidi’s Michael said had a “trout pout”? That’s the funniest thing in the whole world to me.

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Billy is a really good looking guy with a great body. Not my type, I prefer cutie ponytail man bun Michael who is hardly ever shown for what ever reason. Why did we not even see the home visit with Michael and Martha? I know he has parents and a brother, lol. Yeah, I follow him on IG. I won't give away any more than that. Apparently nobody cares anyway.

Anyway, back to Billy. Problem with him is that he lacks self confidence. When he opens his mouth he sounds like a scared little boy. That's a turn off. Billy needs to start acting more like a douche with a little bit of conceit thrown in, then the ladies will flock to him. 

I care! But don't spoil! 😇

Billy "lacks self-confidence" with Susie because from the first moment he saw her he was gobsmacked, Romeo-style. 

And then, when she turned out to be a lunatic harpy, he didn't know how to react. 

Billy's wedding-day angelic vision was a mirage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, bichonblitz said:

Can you message me Michael's Instagram link? I prefer Michael's looks too but agree that Billy is good-looking.  Is his hair auburn? Billy was head over heels with Susie but I don't think she's all that. And who names their female child "Baby?" So silly! I'm surprised that Billy doesn't have more self-confidence given his good looks and body. He seems very introspective, too, which I like.

I really don't like Martha at all.  She seems like an airhead. I wish Michael had been paired with someone better.

• Love 3